PDA

View Full Version : The who aren't alright...

Marco
10-25-2006, 11:29 AM
Hi everybody!
I just bought the Rolling Stone of November (of Italy) and there's a title saying "THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT" The Who are back....

I read the article but it doesn't mention if it's a song name or what...do you know something?

cheers:D

Amiralanal
10-25-2006, 11:34 AM
i know that the beer is cheap at netto and LIDL

Marco
10-25-2006, 11:36 AM
i know that the beer is cheap at netto and LIDL
I know Amiralanal is a moron...
anyway, anybody else who's a bit more intelligent than him?do you know something about it?

XYlophonetreeZ
10-25-2006, 11:43 AM
YES!!!!!!! zOMG TEH WHO TOTALLY RIPED OFF TEH OFFSPRNIG!!!!!!!111

Wait, this thread is a joke, right?

Marco
10-25-2006, 11:46 AM

Wait, this thread is a joke, right?
no, it's not...anyway I'm just trying to figure out why there's that title...:confused:

Jakebert
10-25-2006, 11:58 AM
"The Kids Are Alright" is one of the Who's most famous songs. The Offspring's song title is a reference to that song. You need to learn your basic music history.

mrconeman
10-25-2006, 12:00 PM
"The Kids Are Alright" is one of the Who's most famous songs. The Offspring's song title is a reference to that song. You need to learn your basic music history.

We have a winner.

Stranger With Candy
10-25-2006, 12:38 PM
cheers .

Llamas
10-25-2006, 07:25 PM
Hi everybody!
I just bought the Rolling Stone of November (of Italy) and there's a title saying "THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT" The Who are back....

I read the article but it doesn't mention if it's a song name or what...do you know something?

cheers:D

the who made a song called "the kids are alright" because they were trying to rip off the offspring like 30 years ahead of time.

Thomas
10-25-2006, 07:28 PM
I thought that the "The Kids Are Alright" reference in The Offspring song was well known fact. whatever...

Anyhoo, I did hear about a new Who album a while ago, maybe a few months. If they tour again, I'll definitely try to go see them.

JohnnyNemesis
10-25-2006, 07:54 PM
Not once did Marco even imply that The Who were trying to ripoff The Offspring. For fuck's sake, HE DIDN'T EVEN MENTION THE OFFSPRING IN HIS POST.

Why are you all being such jerks to him?

0r4ng3
10-25-2006, 07:56 PM
A jerk? Who's being a jerk? I don't see it.

Edit: Or did I just walk into a sarcasm trap?

JohnnyNemesis
10-25-2006, 07:58 PM
Nope. No sacrasm.

You need to learn your basic music history.

the who made a song called "the kids are alright" because they were trying to rip off the offspring like 30 years ahead of time.

0r4ng3
10-25-2006, 08:00 PM
I think Xylo and llamas were just joking. I don't think anyone's being mean, it's all in good fun. Also, Jakebert was simply answering the question and relating it to The Offspring.

Llamas
10-25-2006, 10:57 PM
I wasn't being an ass. I didn't even know that the offspring got it from the who. I was just joking around.

EDIT: true, though, ricky... we don't believe in Sac Rasm.

XYlophonetreeZ
10-25-2006, 11:48 PM
Marco didn't need to mention the Offspring. He obviously meant that he was confused that the Who's song title was similar to one of the Offspring's title. And even though Marco has a consistent record of 'tardship, I don't think anyone said anything that bad. This thread IS pretty damn ignorant and naive, you know, especially since he was still confused after my obvious sarcasm. I think Marco's getting a significantly better deal than most would predict based on this BBS's track record for tolerance of stupid questions.

Autonomist
10-26-2006, 01:11 AM
A jerk? Who's being a jerk?

That was awesome.