PDA

View Full Version : Michael Schumacher has retired

Marco
10-25-2006, 12:34 PM
Michael Schumacher has retired...
he is the greatest F1 pilot ever, breaking records of historic pilots like Senna, Proist etc...
Even in the last race he finished 4th after being 17th because of a cut tire....he proved to be the best even being very unlucky.
What do you think about him? opinions?

Amiralanal
10-25-2006, 12:36 PM
i just buy new shoes when they are damaged.

0r4ng3
10-25-2006, 12:38 PM
Yeah, but who do you think makes them?

Amiralanal
10-25-2006, 12:39 PM
some kid in taiwan

Tigger Army
10-25-2006, 02:21 PM
I think he's the most overrated driver in history. Granted he was good but that he broke so many records is not really weird concidering he drove so much more races than anyone else ever before. Also his point record is rather out of proportion due to that same fact. Ofcourse it helped that he drove for the best two teams existing in the last at least 20 years (Not counting the Jordan days).

But fair enough Schumacher did a good job for Ferrari. Too bad about his nasty character flaws which he showed when he basically tried to kill Damon Hill and Jaques Villeneuve.

Anyway I still regard Juan Manuel Fangio as the best driver in F1 during it's existance.

Mota Boy
10-25-2006, 04:23 PM
Instead of retiring, he should've had his car crash and explode at 200 mph. That's how legends are truly made.

offspring dude
10-25-2006, 04:30 PM
Michael Schumacher has retired...
he is the greatest F1 pilot ever,

Wrong.
there was someone who was a lot greater than him, him and Michael raced agaisnt each other for some time and he always used to beat him, and i think they were kinda friends, but then he crashed in a race and died, now if i could just remember his name.....

Preocupado
10-25-2006, 08:57 PM
Wrong.
there was someone who was a lot greater than him, him and Michael raced agaisnt each other for some time and he always used to beat him, and i think they were kinda friends, but then he crashed in a race and died, now if i could just remember his name.....

Ayrton Senna. He went straight to death at the Tamburello curve.

H1T_That
10-26-2006, 11:20 AM
Schumy is my true F1 hero. Ruthless, a will of iron, a Colgate smile, & a heartfelt dedication to what he does. Plus, he was the best.

Why with your every post do i feel like you should be a political speaker?

Pena
10-26-2006, 12:05 PM
I think that Schumy doesn't had opponents like Senna's had.

Was Mansell, Prost, Alesi and others very good pilots...

Scumacher certally is the best but, who threatened it?

H1T_That
10-26-2006, 12:08 PM
Should I feel flattered or insulted?

I do feel a bit of both. But on no account did I wish to actually come across as a political speaker. This is puzzling.

It was meant as a compliment. Its just with every sentence you make, its as though you're speaking out to an audience, convincing them your opinion is fact.

Tigger Army
10-26-2006, 12:12 PM
I think that Schumy doesn't had opponents like Senna's had.

Was Mansell, Prost, Alesi and others very good pilots...

Scumacher certally is the best but, who threatened it?

though I wouldn't have mentioned Alesi as being a real opponent personally you really do have a point. And don't forget in those days most of the cars were much more competitive (Well not in the year when mclaren won 15 out of 16 races, but at least that year it was close between Senna and Prost)

Zee
10-26-2006, 12:14 PM
He might be the greatest formula one driver ever, yes, just look at his statistics, but... it's not just his greatness, he has had a great team working with him. It'll be very interesting to see where Ferrari goes now with Räikkönen that Ross Brawn left the job and also Jean Todt's jos description will change.

sKratch
10-26-2006, 12:18 PM
This thread has a lol-worthy amount of failed English.

Pena
10-26-2006, 12:18 PM
though I wouldn't have mentioned Alesi as being a real opponent personally you really do have a point. And don't forget in those days most of the cars were much more competitive (Well not in the year when mclaren won 15 out of 16 races, but at least that year it was close between Senna and Prost)

You're right. I agree Tigger. Mclaren rules in very years...

Pena
10-26-2006, 12:21 PM

Only because the Americans had never dominated this category?

Italia311
10-26-2006, 12:27 PM
I used to love schumacher back in the days of Benetton. Thats when I first really got in to Formula 1 racing. But then, I new driver emerged on the scene. A young French-Canadian by the name fo Jacques Villeneuve. Both were my favorite drivers untill Schumacher tried to run Villeneuve off the road (which lead to Villeneuve being world champ). I lost respect for the guy, and never cheered for him again.

Although Ferrari was always my favorite team, I could never cheer for it's driver. It is sad to see him leave the sport, but good riddance. Now Villeneuve is gone too, I must cheer for a new driver.

Forza Ferrari, Froza MASSA.

Pena
10-26-2006, 12:39 PM

Yeeeeaaaaahhhhh!!!!

Good words friend Italian!

H1T_That
10-26-2006, 12:41 PM

Men, or vocabulary?

H1T_That
10-26-2006, 12:44 PM
It's called "stating" one's opinion, you nitwit. I'm not English, therefore I don't express myself as one, saying things like "I'm not positive about it, but it seems to me that two and two would sometimes make four. Of course I cannot assert this with any certainty, it is just a hunch of mine. I do not ask you to share that sentiment, for all I know two & two might make any number, not just four, but somehow I feel that they do make four. How silly of me to entertain that illusion."

You've taken what i was saying totally the wrong way.

All i was saying is your sentences seem to slip off the tounge and flow so smoothly, it sounds as though its being put across professionally.

Preocupado
10-26-2006, 12:51 PM
"I'm not positive about it, but it seems to me that two and two would sometimes make four. Of course I cannot assert this with any certainty, it is just a hunch of mine. I do not ask you to share that sentiment, for all I know two & two might make any number, not just four, but somehow I feel that they do make four. How silly of me to entertain that illusion."

It wasan't a joke when you said you wanted an english man, was it? ;)

And don't forget in those days most of the cars were much more competitive

Yes and yes. I - and, most likely, the whole world - miss the old competitions.

This example of Senna and Piquet on a bitch fight is the kind of thing that used to make it thrilling to watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKETX8e4P3c

H1T_That
10-26-2006, 01:12 PM
I said "pardon me". I meant it, too. Come on, can't we be friends? It's the end of the week, I'm awful tired, my eyes hurt & I have a splitting headache. Not to mention tons of work that I don't even know how to tackle. I wish I were somewhere else, miiiiiiiiles away from that wretched place. And yes, I'm touchy & easily ruffled. Pardon me. I'm just a woman, & I just happen to be exhausted. Still, I know, it's no reason to go pouncing & hen-pecking you. I'm sorry about that. Can you forgive a French woman? Hmm?

Sure, no worries :)

Tigger Army
10-26-2006, 02:26 PM
I used to love schumacher back in the days of Benetton. Thats when I first really got in to Formula 1 racing. But then, I new driver emerged on the scene. A young French-Canadian by the name fo Jacques Villeneuve. Both were my favorite drivers untill Schumacher tried to run Villeneuve off the road (which lead to Villeneuve being world champ). I lost respect for the guy, and never cheered for him again.

Although Ferrari was always my favorite team, I could never cheer for it's driver. It is sad to see him leave the sport, but good riddance. Now Villeneuve is gone too, I must cheer for a new driver.

Though I didn't particulary like (or dislike) Villeneuve; Schumacher's actions on Jerez that year (1997 if I recall correct?) were absolutely unforgivable. Worse than the incident with Hill in Adelaide 1994. I too stopped being Schumacher fan that day (Since then I followed Mika Hakkinen instead).

I'm in doubt for who I'm cheering this year though. I'm all for McLaren... but also for Raikkonen... difficult...

Pena
10-26-2006, 02:38 PM
Though I didn't particulary like (or dislike) Villeneuve; Schumacher's actions on Jerez that year (1997 if I recall correct?) were absolutely unforgivable. Worse than the incident with Hill in Adelaide 1994. I too stopped being Schumacher fan that day (Since then I followed Mika Hakkinen instead).

I'm in doubt for who I'm cheering this year though. I'm all for McLaren... but also for Raikkonen... difficult...

Mika Hakkinen was a great pilot too...

But Raikkonen is not...a pilot who breaks its car very cannot be good.

Mclaren is a excelent car, it is impossible to believe that it breaks of this manner.

Lars
10-26-2006, 02:48 PM
It's just the McLaren and Finnish driver's curse. Before Häkkinen won his first race, his car broke sooo many times. We'll see how Räikkönen does next year.

Zee
10-26-2006, 02:49 PM
Räikkönen has always beaten his team mate 6-0... Coulthard and Montoya couldn't do anything for him, it would've been interesteting to see Kimi and Schumi at the same team but oh well...

Zee
10-26-2006, 02:53 PM
By the way, this was funny that happened at the last race in Brazil where Räikkönen missed Schumacher's presentation by Pele... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiM3YetjgTE

Pena
10-26-2006, 03:05 PM
By the way, this was funny that happened at the last race in Brazil where Räikkönen missed Schumacher's presentation by Pele... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiM3YetjgTE

Pele is not a good person, Zee.

He rejected a daughter that die in the last week...

Italia311
10-26-2006, 03:05 PM

It was Jerez I believe. Hakkinen was a great driver. He was classy. I like him. I also like Raikinnen. Finland produces some good drivers.

Raikinnen and Massa at Ferrari will dominate.

Zee
10-26-2006, 03:10 PM
We'll see again another new Finn next year, Kovalainen at Renault. Interesting season coming on if you look from Finn's side, Räikkönen at Ferrari and Kovalainen at Renault. Also Rosberg could be identify as a half Finn. ;)

Italia311
10-26-2006, 06:09 PM
I think Rosberg needs a better car :P

Tigger Army
10-28-2006, 04:22 PM
It was Jerez I believe. Hakkinen was a great driver. He was classy. I like him. I also like Raikinnen. Finland produces some good drivers.

Raikinnen and Massa at Ferrari will dominate.

true. And what about Tommi Makinen (in the Rally) excellent driver aswell.

btw, I was certain it was at Jerez, I wasn't sure about it being in 1997 though

ninthlayer
10-28-2006, 04:33 PM
There's only three Michaels that have ever mattered in this world:

Michael Eisner
Michael Jackson
Michael, the movie starring John Travolta

Tigger Army
10-28-2006, 04:34 PM
There's only three Michaels that have ever mattered in this world:

Michael Eisner
Michael Jackson
Michael, the movie starring John Travolta

michael myers?

ninthlayer
10-28-2006, 04:49 PM
Never happened.

Nicole
10-28-2006, 09:39 PM
Maybe somebody different can win for a change! Just about every race I've ever seen him in, he's won.

Izie
10-29-2006, 09:23 PM
Some skit/promo Schumacher did after retirement.
http://www.automotosport.info/article-345.html

-HP (of course). the woman stole my computer!

Tigger Army
10-30-2006, 12:07 AM
Maybe somebody different can win for a change! Just about every race I've ever seen him in, he's won.

concidering he lost the last two championships I think you already had your wish. :)

German Andres
10-31-2006, 06:50 PM
Well, I have to admit that he was a good driver, but nowadays, the winner is the one who has the best car, not the best driver. So? Juan Manuel Fangio was/is/will be the best F1 driver ever!

Tigger Army
11-01-2006, 02:40 AM
Well, I have to admit that he was a good driver, but nowadays, the winner is the one who has the best car, not the best driver. So? Juan Manuel Fangio was/is/will be the best F1 driver ever!

wooohooo someone who agrees :)