PDA

View Full Version : I got to thinking...

Thomas
10-25-2006, 03:55 PM
And now I have a question. If you didn't notice, I turned 17 today. This made me :D . BUt now I'm a wee bit :( , if ya know what I mean. I realized that in exactly one year, I will be 18. My question is that if I have a girlfriend who is one year younger than me (which I do), when I turn 18 (actually, she'll only be 16 then because I am a few months more than a year older than her), will we legally still be able to have a relationship? I have no idea what the laws are for this sort of situation and some clarification would be nice.

DeAtHsTaR
10-25-2006, 04:02 PM
I think, as long as the parents consent.

Thomas
10-25-2006, 04:04 PM
It's a good thing our parents seem to like each other and us being together.

WebDudette
10-25-2006, 04:26 PM
Heh, yeah I was thinking about that a week ago. I'm pretty sure it is legal if it is ok with your parent's.

BREAK
10-25-2006, 05:23 PM
State laws vary. Make sure you know the age of consent before you get into anything.

Or, dump the stupid 16 year-old on your 18th birthday and go look for a real woman.

HeadAroundU
10-25-2006, 05:36 PM
awww, that's just plain cute, don't worry.

No sex until both of you reach the age of consent and everything will be fine. ;)

Rag Doll
10-25-2006, 06:31 PM
Or, dump the stupid 16 year-old on your 18th birthday and go look for a real woman.

psh, look whos talking.

and uhhh. like Break said, state laws vary. in some states, as long as the age difference is less than 3 years, it's legal. but, i wouldn't worry about it until it's actually an issue.

HeadAroundU
10-25-2006, 06:51 PM
In case you want to read about a really bad things:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statutory_rape

Apathy
10-25-2006, 08:19 PM
I think in most states it's legal, you're just not allowed to have sex.

Endymion
10-25-2006, 09:07 PM
lawls @ the assumption that the relationship will last that long.

Thomas
10-25-2006, 09:11 PM

Honestly, I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if it did. We've been together for quite some time now and things are better than ever. I'm sure I sound like a naive little teenage boy, but I really think that this relationship is going to last that long, which is why I asked this question in the first place.

Mota Boy
10-25-2006, 11:11 PM
There's usually a two-year halo effect. And hell, in many parts of the world, sixteen-year-olds are totally bangable no matter what age.

Now that I reread that, I realize it should say "no matter what age you are."

Llamas
10-26-2006, 11:23 AM
I think in most states it's legal, you're just not allowed to have sex.

this is right... dating isn't illegal, just sex... I can't think of a state where dating is what's illegal.

H1T_That
10-26-2006, 11:26 AM
And now I have a question. If you didn't notice, I turned 17 today. This made me :D . BUt now I'm a wee bit :( , if ya know what I mean. I realized that in exactly one year, I will be 18. My question is that if I have a girlfriend who is one year younger than me (which I do), when I turn 18 (actually, she'll only be 16 then because I am a few months more than a year older than her), will we legally still be able to have a relationship? I have no idea what the laws are for this sort of situation and some clarification would be nice.

Fuck the law.

sKratch
10-26-2006, 11:28 AM
As has been said, the only possible legal restrictions would involve sex. However, most states give you 2-3 years' grace anyways so it shouldn't be a problem.

darea
10-27-2006, 07:23 AM
so many things seem to be illegal in the states, why dont you just go live somewhere else? in france I could just buy as much alcohol I wanted in shops and bars when I was 13 years old, and things about it being illegal to have sex with people under 18.... well in france as long as the parents are happy the age difference doesnt matter, I guess someone who is in his fourties might be too old to be with a 14 year old, but if a 16 or 17 year old is with a 27 or 30 year old it is not illegal........

Thomas
10-28-2006, 08:51 AM
so many things seem to be illegal in the states, why dont you just go live somewhere else? in france I could just buy as much alcohol I wanted in shops and bars when I was 13 years old, and things about it being illegal to have sex with people under 18.... well in france as long as the parents are happy the age difference doesnt matter, I guess someone who is in his fourties might be too old to be with a 14 year old, but if a 16 or 17 year old is with a 27 or 30 year old it is not illegal........

Which is exactly why I think that the French are insane and I never have any intentions of visiting there, not to mention MOVING there.

ninthlayer
10-28-2006, 03:24 PM
Fuck you for posting my exact thoughts before I could. Fuck you tenderly.

blah blah blah france blah
1. Because it's complete feasible to simply leave the country and your current life behind just so you can legally buy alcohol at a young age and date gross french people.
2. Girlfrenchfag.

Tigger Army
10-28-2006, 03:33 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ef/Age_of_Consent.png

That;s interesting, this chart suggest that the age of consent in your country is 15 instead of non-existing. Granted, nothing will happen if the person over 18 won't be turned in with the police but still.

it does agree with you about the 16/17 year olds though.

And ofcourse it's a wikipedia result so we can't be 100% sure it's accurate but it's the fastest source I could find and I'm not planning on doing much research on this.

Sorry, the image screwed up the forum, so I made an url of it