PDA

View Full Version : Demoing Songs timeline.

rlplaymaker
10-27-2006, 04:32 PM
back in august, dexter said that they were demo-ing songs for the new album. now how long does it usually take from the demo stage to the new album being released? i dont really remember. help.

Gayman
10-27-2006, 04:56 PM
Too long........:(

HeadAroundU
10-27-2006, 05:07 PM
Noodles once said that they usually need about 10 weeks in the studio. Then mixing and shit. Well, 6 months till the album is out?

Floyd the Barber
10-27-2006, 05:53 PM
Noodles once said that they usually need about 10 weeks in the studio. Then mixing and shit. Well, 6 months till the album is out?

Yeah I remember that "10 weeks" thing too...you'd think they'd be recording it by now, 2 months after demos and with a producer. If they just started, they should be done by the end of the year...and hopefully the album will come out around March. That's my best guess.

Venom Symbiote
10-27-2006, 06:47 PM
We'll get the new album in Quarter 1 of 2007. Fuuuuck.

Goddamn you baboons.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
10-27-2006, 08:20 PM
We'll get the new album in Quarter 1 of 2007. Fuuuuck.

Goddamn you baboons.

There There, Venom. *pats on back*

You must understand that when most people here read posts, it doesn't go through their heads. :)

In short: Fucking Idiots.

Jojan
10-28-2006, 04:00 AM
I don't understand why it takes so long time. Could anyone please explain that to me?

Hypodermic_89
10-28-2006, 05:01 AM
I don't understand why it takes so long time. Could anyone please explain that to me?
They don't want to release the album for the sake of us not having to wait.. They want to release it when it's finished. And by finished I mean recorded properly, mixed properly, etc.

Venom Symbiote
10-28-2006, 05:52 AM

So you have learning difficulties? Or are you just dumb?

Recording an album takes time. That's about all the explanation you need. Expect it in February or March, provided there aren't any substantial delays or problems.

HeadAroundU
10-28-2006, 07:18 AM
venon, Jojan is just being an asshole.
*puts on schwarzenegger voice*
You should know it.

rlplaymaker
10-28-2006, 07:54 AM

Recording an album takes time. That's about all the explanation you need. Expect it in February or March, provided there aren't any substantial delays or problems.

......Australia Sucks.....

German Andres
10-28-2006, 10:32 AM

I`d rather wait a little bit longer than to have a bad album. The more time the album takes, better It`be. ( I really want to believe that)

Little_Miss_1565
10-28-2006, 01:34 PM
There's no hard and fast timeline for a band to be done in the studio. For my band, we got everything recorded in four weekends. But that's because all the writing's been done for about a year now. Then you have a band like Guns 'n Roses where Chinese Democracy took 10 years to finish (and I have it on good authority that it is indeed finished).

BUT THEN, there's a lot more to do than get it recorded, mixed, mastered, and manufactured. The label has to have time to set up the record at press, radio, and retail, which means promos and press releases/bios and such have to go out a couple months ahead of release and all the magazine interviews have to get set up way in advance so that when the record is released, there's a big publicity push surrounding the release. I've seen labels sit on a completed record for up to a year after it was finished because they just didn't have the resources to get all the marketing type things together (like, the label had too many other records active, things like that).

So the record will be released when it's ready to be released. In the meantime, deep breaths everyone.

rlplaymaker
10-28-2006, 03:36 PM
There's no hard and fast timeline for a band to be done in the studio. For my band, we got everything recorded in four weekends. But that's because all the writing's been done for about a year now. Then you have a band like Guns 'n Roses where Chinese Democracy took 10 years to finish (and I have it on good authority that it is indeed finished).

BUT THEN, there's a lot more to do than get it recorded, mixed, mastered, and manufactured. The label has to have time to set up the record at press, radio, and retail, which means promos and press releases/bios and such have to go out a couple months ahead of release and all the magazine interviews have to get set up way in advance so that when the record is released, there's a big publicity push surrounding the release. I've seen labels sit on a completed record for up to a year after it was finished because they just didn't have the resources to get all the marketing type things together (like, the label had too many other records active, things like that).

So the record will be released when it's ready to be released. In the meantime, deep breaths everyone.

very inciteful, thanks

Venom Symbiote
10-28-2006, 04:46 PM
......Australia Sucks.....

I agree. Your point?

Jojan
10-28-2006, 05:40 PM

wtf? It does not have to take six months to record an album and release it. It takes about a week. Don't give a fuck if it has minor misstakes here and there. Who gives a fuck if Dexter sings a little bit off tune or if Noddles starts on a bridge and Greg on a verse?

Venom Symbiote
10-28-2006, 05:57 PM
Producing/mixing/mastering/printing/marketing/distribution.

Obviously you're a few cards short of a full deck.

Kitten
10-28-2006, 06:16 PM
wtf? It does not have to take six months to record an album and release it. It takes about a week. Don't give a fuck if it has minor misstakes here and there. Who gives a fuck if Dexter sings a little bit off tune or if Noddles starts on a bridge and Greg on a verse?

I think they and their record label might give a fuck about that...

Ninty Man
10-28-2006, 07:21 PM
Producing/mixing/mastering/printing/marketing/distribution.

Obviously you're a few cards short of a full deck.

XD

Hey... and remember that Atom should be back to record... he will be here in Mexico with AVA in a few weeks

Obie2trice
10-29-2006, 05:45 AM
It`s better that they take a long time to make a great album than to rush it and make a shitty album.

And till that day we can listen to Plus 44`s new album, which rocks!

Venom Symbiote
10-29-2006, 02:36 PM
Splinter wasn't rushed.

Although the "shitty album" label can still be applied, in a sense.

Well, no. It's not horrible. But yeah...they spent 3 years on it, and it was still kind of "meh".

RageAndLov
10-31-2006, 01:59 PM

all that plus making videos for mtv

Little_Miss_1565
10-31-2006, 03:07 PM
all that plus making videos for mtv

Press, publicity, all that.

Venom Symbiote
10-31-2006, 04:42 PM
Videos in most cases are made either directly after the album comes out, or sometimes just before in the case of the first single.

Videos or no videos, we still won't get the album for another 3 or 4 months.

Accept it, you complete and utter gypsies.

Gayman
10-31-2006, 04:47 PM
I know that the album isn't coming out this year. But a man can hope, can't he. :)

Revolver-2005?
10-31-2006, 04:52 PM
And till that day we can listen to Plus 44`s new album, which rocks!

Oh and then we can listen to Boxcar Racer while creaming ourselves to pictures of Travis Barker!

Floyd the Barber
10-31-2006, 04:57 PM
I know that the album isn't coming out this year. But a man can hope, can't he. :)

Sure. But hoping won't make it come out quicker.

I've been thinking March for a while, but it's been pointed out that Angels and Airwaves are on tour till Nov. 29. Assuming Atom isn't free to record until after then, the wait might be longer. April or May, perhaps.

HeadAroundU
10-31-2006, 05:34 PM
No Atom then fucking christmas. I say June 2007 now.

Venom Symbiote
10-31-2006, 05:38 PM
Depends. When did the tour start? They may have recorded partially earlier.

But yeah, March would be optimistic. I'd guess we'll have it before June, but anywhere between March and May is probably a realistic timeframe.

Although, as I've said before, I'll be happy to wait 'til Christmas '07 if it's actually good this time.

Smoky_Mc_Weed
10-31-2006, 07:08 PM
we'll have it sometime in 2007, just wait

Ninty Man
10-31-2006, 08:09 PM
we'll have it sometime in 2007, just wait

NOOOOO... I wanna hear at least one song... and not Pass me by

randman21
10-31-2006, 08:25 PM
I've been wanting the album to come out in April-early June for a while now. I like a good summer record. And I think it'd be their first one since Smash, but don't quote me on that.

Little_Miss_1565
10-31-2006, 10:14 PM
Y'know, if the writing was done early, Atom could have tracked all his drums for all the songs BEFORE GOING ON TOUR WITH AVA.

Christ almighty, quit hating, people.