PDA

View Full Version : whats happened to ron welty?

darea
10-28-2006, 04:04 AM
I know you might think I suck because I dont know why ron is not in the band anymore, but I just fucking don't know anything about it, so if you could just tell me well it would be cool. Did he just want to stop and do his own stuff or is it that he had a problem with the rest of the band or what?

Jojan
10-28-2006, 04:07 AM
You're not so n00b here anymore, so why don't you use the search button?

Basicly he wanted to play with his other band, Steady Ground. But in that band board he wrote something about Dexter being the leader in the band and he told everybody what to do.

Jojan
10-28-2006, 04:26 AM
It's very strange. On the Offspring BBS Ron had never replied. Now he do it! It's just cool.
Reply by Ron:

I don't think I was set up to. But anyway this project I am much more involved with!

Hi!
Ron, are you more happy with Steady Ground than you were with The offspring?
Reply by Ron:

I have a different role w/ Steady Ground. I, along w/ the other guys in the band are writing, recording, producing, engineering, and so on. It's alot more work, but the rewards are greater. and at the same time I was in The Offspring for 15 years. I grew up w/ them. Together we went from playing backyards to playing festivals w/ 50K+ people. I dunno, I geuss at this point in my life I'm happy to finally contribute to a bands music on this kind of level.. no matter what success it may or may not bring!

I like your Offspring Skull Tatoo, Ron.
You won't remove it, will you?
Reply by Ron:

Why would I do that?

Ron, let's look at the situation - Steady ground hasn't released anything. Not even a demo on the website, and the message board is flooded with stuff. Do you realise this is all thanks to Greg, Dexter and Noodles? And of course you. IT's such a crap that you left, i can't believe it. If The Offspring will break up because of you, i swear my mothers underwear - i'll kill you. Nothing will ever be the same without you. How could you do this, Ron. What was wrong with The Offspring? What could have possibly gone wrong with the best band ever? There are no gays in it, the music is the best there is, you were world popular and you were making a new record. Oh how could you, Ron...
Reply by Ron:

Wow...it's tough to read stuff like this...I know that this was not what you and other fans wanted, and I am sorry for that. I hope you understand though, that things aren't always what they seem. I'm very happy to have been with The Offspring for all those years, I'm proud of what I have accomplished for myself and what we accomplished together, as a band. And if it matters, as hard as parting with The Offspring was, I'm happier now that I'm "part" of a band where we write songs together. This has always been a dream of mine. Oh and...The Offspring are far from breaking up, I'm sure the new record will be great, so you can put down the axe.

Join their board if you want to read more.

Tijs
10-28-2006, 04:40 AM
Very well explained, Jojan. With that said it's time to close this thread and advise darea to use the search button.

darea, use the search button if you want to know more.

Closed.