PDA

View Full Version : Foo Fighter - Skin and Bones.

Stranger With Candy
10-28-2006, 05:10 PM
http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/3250637/Skin_And_Bones/Product.html
are you going to buy this album?
i have alredy ordered it. cant whait.

here can you here the new song:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=kShjb1HhRGU

XYlophonetreeZ
10-28-2006, 05:13 PM
I'm looking forward to it. Their acoustic stuff is now consistently better than their electric stuff. I don't even like them anymore unless they're acoustic. The older stuff is still fine, but One by One and the electric disc of In Your Honor both basically sucked.

Jakebert
10-28-2006, 08:18 PM
I'm looking forward to it. Their acoustic stuff is now consistently better than their electric stuff. I don't even like them anymore unless they're acoustic. The older stuff is still fine, but One by One and the electric disc of In Your Honor both basically sucked.

One By One is without a doubt one of the biggest wastes of money ever. It's so boring. And the electric disk of In Your Honor starts out great, but gets boring since every song sounds the exact same. Basically, with the electric stuff it sounds like they're just going through the motions, but with the acoustic stuff they still sound passionate.

Anyway, I looked at the track list, so is this basically just a greatest hits thing? If so, I'll just download the new song and pass on buying the album.

Stranger With Candy
10-29-2006, 03:11 AM
it is a live album so i diddent expect alot of new songs on it.

Yatesy
10-29-2006, 03:40 AM
Skin and Bones is like over a year old now (the song anyway). So yeah, I'll upload it if anyone wants it. Anyway, I read the UK edition has the Hyde Park concert as well. :D

Stranger With Candy
10-29-2006, 04:08 AM
Skin and Bones is like over a year old now (the song anyway).

yeah... i got a bootleg album with the song on.

Jakebert
10-29-2006, 07:06 AM
Oh, a live album? Screw that. I've seen them live and I wasn't too impressed to be honest.

XYlophonetreeZ
10-29-2006, 11:36 AM
Yeah, but acoustic is different. Granted I've never seen them play an acoustic set live, but I've heard clips of them and they sound pretty good.

Jakebert
10-29-2006, 02:18 PM
That's true, but I'm still not buying it without at least hearing it first.

Autonomist
10-30-2006, 01:43 AM
I don't much like The Foo Fighters anymore save their first album, but live they were fucking amazing. They did a concert for a radio station on their One by One tour which is just too good to still be a bootleg. I'm seriously considering uploading it.

StayInTheHouseCarl
10-30-2006, 02:13 PM
seriously, as someone who witnessed this acoustic show firsthand (i was at the show they taped for the DVD, and recorded for the cd as well), you need to check this out. You may have opinions on the foos live electric set, and if it's bad, your opinion will be turned around by watching/listening to this. If your opinion of the foos electric set is good, your p.o.v. will be further validated.

to be honest, i didnt much like the acoustic cd of in your honor, until i saw them do the tracks live. now i have a much better appreciation of them.

I don't know
10-30-2006, 04:21 PM
I fucking hate their acoustic cd of in your honor, so I don't think I'll check out this new album

Yatesy
11-01-2006, 08:42 AM
You can listen to the whole album on their myspace. (www.myspace.com/foofighters)

EDIT: Just over half way through listening to it and it's amazing, it's nothing like their ordinary love show. I think the back-up band adds a completely new feel to the songs.