PDA

View Full Version : My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade.

- -Lauren- -
10-28-2006, 11:31 PM
The new album from MCR "The Black Parade" came out on Tuesday. And I bought it right away.

Don't be all "omg I hated there 3 cheers it suked" because The Black Parade is completely different from Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge. It's not all fast songs with emo tendencies. There are a few faster songs on there similar to last album's but still different. These are Dead!, This is How I Disappear, House of Wolves, and kind-of Mama. Mama is very different, just very odd, yet none the less very good.

I Don't Love You, Cancer, Sleep, Disenchanted, and Famous Last Words are very good, yet not as fast as the others.

It is supposedly a concept album, yet I can't completely pick out the story. They're matured very much in the last few years and yes, Gerard has gone to his natural shade of platinum blonde.

I did not like the first song, ironically titled The End. It was odd. And the hidden track is called Blood, which doesn't start until halfway through the song. It's a very old ragtime song.

Give it a chance, and listen. It's very good.

EDIT: But now I realize the thread made for the song off the EP first is now almost the main thread for it...oopz on my part.

All About Eve
10-29-2006, 08:21 AM
I was about to say I already have a thread on this, but mine's technically for the single.

I haven't listened all the way through yet, but I think it's a vast improvement.

H1T_That
10-29-2006, 10:46 AM
I initially hated the new album, but its growing on me. House Of Wolves emerging as a favourite track.

Amiralanal
10-29-2006, 11:05 AM
use the fucking search button you fucking idiot!!!

(im really not a searchbutton-nazi, but it feels great to pay back)

n00b gaaaaahhhhhh lock this now !!!!!!!!!!!!11111

Llamas
10-29-2006, 02:43 PM
These are Dead!, This is How I Disappear, House of Wolves, and kind-of Mama. Mama is very different, just very odd, yet none the less very good.

This is How I Disappear doesn't sound like typical MCR. I think the MCR songs on here are Dead!, House of Wolves (though the verses are very different for them), Sleep, Teenagers. Mama isn't odd... it sounds like they had a lot of cossack influence in that one. I really like it, and it sounds very different from their style.

It is supposedly a concept album, yet I can't completely pick out the story. They're matured very much in the last few years and yes, Gerard has gone to his natural shade of platinum blonde.

The only concept I've picked out is death. "Dead!", "Cancer", and "Welcome to the Black Parade" are all about people dying, and dealing with death. Someone told me it was supposed to be a rock opera, but I think they just meant concept album.

I did not like the first song, ironically titled The End. It was odd. And the hidden track is called Blood, which doesn't start until halfway through the song. It's a very old ragtime song.

It's not an old ragtime song... it's actually gerard singing. It's a poor attempt at something like what the offspring did with "when you're in prison". That and "The End" I agree are lame, though.

Anyway, I just wanted to respond to those things. This thread can be closed and the conversation can be moved back to AAE's thread. :)

Yatesy
10-29-2006, 03:11 PM
I've actually just finished listening to the album, it took them 2-3 tracks to really grab my attention but overall a good album. I'd give it a 7/10, not the best album I've heard though.

Venom Symbiote
10-29-2006, 03:25 PM
Emo-tastic.

And bwahaha, "Gerard". Why do all whiney goth-kids have French names? Sebastian, Pierre, Jean-Luc, fucking Gerard.

It's too funny.

DeAtHsTaR
10-29-2006, 03:32 PM
He has platinum blonde hair now, that's not goth. And he's not whiney anymore.

Llamas
10-29-2006, 03:43 PM
Gerard is a german/dutch/english name, anyway.

Venom Symbiote
10-31-2006, 06:35 PM
QUOTE:
"He has platinum blonde hair now, that's not goth."

It will be now.

QUOTE:
"And he's not whiney anymore."

He'll be whiney 'til the day he dies.

QUOTE:
"Gerard is a german/dutch/english name, anyway."

Lots of French people are called Gerard. Hence, French comments are applicable. I don't give a monkey's rectum where the name originated.

In all fairness, MCR aren't 100% horrible. Only about 98%. I do really like one of their latest singles (maybe off the album before this?), the one with the WWII video. Cool track.

Llamas
10-31-2006, 06:43 PM
A lot of Americans are also called Gerard... I don't see how you can call Gerard a French name just because some people from there have that name... also, since you haven't listened to the new album, you can't fairly argue that he's still whiney.

DeAtHsTaR
10-31-2006, 10:02 PM
QUOTE:
"He has platinum blonde hair now, that's not goth."

It will be now.

QUOTE:
"And he's not whiney anymore."

He'll be whiney 'til the day he dies.

QUOTE:
"Gerard is a german/dutch/english name, anyway."

Lots of French people are called Gerard. Hence, French comments are applicable. I don't give a monkey's rectum where the name originated.

In all fairness, MCR aren't 100% horrible. Only about 98%. I do really like one of their latest singles (maybe off the album before this?), the one with the WWII video. Cool track.

That would be The Ghost of You.

EDIT: I love the album and everything, but did anyone see them on 7th Avenue Drop? He was fucking crying when they played Cancer.

Acoustic1804
10-31-2006, 11:14 PM
My Chemical Romance have changed for the better. My favorite track on the album is Teenagers

Venom Symbiote
11-01-2006, 03:45 PM
Gerard sounds French. Add a little " ' " thingie on it and it is French.

Up shut the fuck.

el_monkey
11-06-2006, 11:49 AM
My Chemical Romance have changed for the better. My favorite track on the album is Teenagers

dito

I loooooove the booklet...the drawings and the style are just what I searched for (whithout knowing it)

Agee
11-18-2006, 04:27 AM
I dont know about you guys...

but im a total fan of MCR....
and gerard is sooo sexy..
i love all thier album and they have great songs(for the one who apreciates it)
no hard feelings...

bd007h
11-18-2006, 04:35 AM
oh god, we've got a teenie bopper here now

H1T_That
11-18-2006, 04:42 AM
oh god, we've got a teenie bopper here now

I don't think they are the first.

Autonomist
11-18-2006, 05:56 AM
After hearing things like they'd changed for the better and Gerard Way wasn't whiney anymore I checked out their single The Black Parade. Not true, in fact as soon as the opening notes hit my ears it was very clear that he was still as whiney as ever. I didn't get the changed for the better part either, and I'd say that song was much worse than any of the singles they had out last year hands down.

Manic Subsidal Boy
11-18-2006, 06:19 AM
I don't think they are the first.

Sad but true

WebDudette
11-18-2006, 01:07 PM
Althought it is far superior to there other albums I still don't like to much on it. I like Welcome to the Balck Parade and and mabey one or two others but that is about it.

Short_Attention_Span
11-18-2006, 03:19 PM

Win! That song's awesome.

I was apprehensive to get it at first, but when I finally did and sat down and listened to it, I was surprised with how much I liked it. There's really only one song that I don't like, and that's "Mama." It just annoys me, for some strange reason...
________
HANDJOB MOVIE (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/24/handjob/videos/1)

Venom Symbiote
11-18-2006, 05:44 PM
I bought it just because all you fuckers were recommending it so much.

It's not bad, but it's still pretty run-of-the-mill emo. A little less predictable, but still not great.

Llamas
11-18-2006, 05:49 PM
you actually bought it? wow, that's pretty intense. I didn't think it was worth buying...

Venom Symbiote
11-18-2006, 06:04 PM
I'm not much of a download-y type person. I like having actual discs, I guess, the physical copy.

Only when it's good though, which this turned out...not...to be.

Camel Filters
11-20-2006, 11:55 AM
yea, I bought the album because I really liked welcome to the black parade. and I ended up liking the whole album. I also really like teenagers. It's all so true about teenagers now'a days.

EMehl6
12-04-2006, 10:11 PM
Here's how my run-down of MCR went:

I Brought You My Bullets:

Pretty decent, a good amount of screaming, fast songs. It wasn't bad.

Three Cheers:

Barring a song or two, sucked AID's-ridden monkey penis. I completely lost interest in the band and developed a hatred for them.

The Black Parade:

I wasn't even going to give this album a chance, and I heard "Welcome To The Black Parade" on the radio on my way to school, and I liked it. Really weird because I listen to the radio maybe 3 times a year. Gerard's voice isn't nearly as whiney, and the music is actually pretty decent. I might actually pick up the album.

Apathy
12-05-2006, 07:09 AM
I'm not much of a download-y type person. I like having actual discs, I guess, the physical copy.

Only when it's good though, which this turned out...not...to be.

Me too, but jeez you are easily swayed.
I mean really, the group hasn't put out anything good before so I would put a little more investigation into it before you go out and buy the supposedly better one.

Edit:... I guess this was a while ago. Somebody bumped this, god knows why.

Venom Symbiote
12-05-2006, 04:52 PM
Yeah. I kind of figured I was bashing them without really having heard any of their material.

And the fact I liked the WW2-themed single off their last album after listening to it a few times while watching the (somewhat cool and inspired) video, and then later on having friends tell me the new album "kicks ass, and is less whiney" - this coming from non-MCR fans in the first place...I was curious.

They're not as horrible as I once thought, I guess the emo thing just bugs me to the extent I can't really handle the music objectively.

It still sounds whiney to me, although it has more of an edge to it I guess.

Little_Miss_1565
12-05-2006, 08:04 PM
Gerard bugs me in general, but I love how the album sounds like Queen.

Liza Minelli duets on a track...how fucking epic is that?

DeAtHsTaR
12-05-2006, 08:14 PM
I don't see what the big deal is about Liza Minnelli's cameo. She only sings two lines, very short lines that is.

Llamas
12-05-2006, 09:54 PM
Umm, because Liza Minnelli is fucking legendary, and the fact that MCR actually took the time to get her to come into the studio to record with them says something. It doesn't matter how much or little she sang. It's the fact that she's on the record.

Venom Symbiote
12-06-2006, 12:22 AM
Testament to just how far you can get by singing what depressed eyeliner-wearing 7th graders want to hear.

Having enough industry pull to get Liza Minnelli to even look at you.

Llamas
12-06-2006, 12:43 AM
Listen to the lyrics to "teenagers". they don't sing what they want to hear.

Venom Symbiote
12-06-2006, 12:47 AM
I've heard it. I've read them. I've listened again.

Point made, granted, but it's still nothing too controversial. The emos know that about themselves anyway, they just choose to continue doing it.

Acoustic1804
01-12-2007, 03:23 PM
I think My Chemical Romance have changed for the better. They have dropped those whiney vocals they used before, and it sounds like something now, not some mixed up crap. The guitarists obviously got alot better too.

One of my most favorite tracks on the album is Famous Last Words, closely followed by Teenagers.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
01-13-2007, 12:47 PM
I'm most likely going to see My Chemical Romance live with Rise Against at the Joe on February 28th. Sweet.

Too bad it's thirty freaking dollars a ticket.

DeAtHsTaR
01-13-2007, 01:08 PM
I'm most likely going to see My Chemical Romance live with Rise Against at the Joe on February 28th. Sweet.

Too bad it's thirty freaking dollars a ticket.

Price sucks, but that should be a great show.

adombomb222
01-13-2007, 05:05 PM
My best friend loves MCR. They're ok; I'm going with her when MCR comes to Denver with Rise Against. I do like The Black Parade; Mama is a really good song. A kid that hits on my friend got into MCR to impress her or something, it pisses me off, but it's funny at the same time.

Killboy
01-23-2007, 03:47 PM
Don't be all "omg I hated there 3 cheers it suked" because The Black Parade is completely different from Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge.

Yes, you're right, Black Parade is totally different, and, on the contrary to what you said first, I actually think Three Cheers is much better than The Black Parade.

Actually there are 3 that I really like on this new album:
-The sharpest lives
- Welcome to the black parade
- Last famous words

Wolfbutter
01-23-2007, 03:48 PM
I downloaded the whole album, but it doesn't work on my ipod.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-26-2007, 03:37 PM
Since I'm seeing the band live Wednesday, I've been listening to them a lot lately, and I'm in love with another band.

"The Sharpest Lives", "Dead!", "Teenagers" and "Welcome To The Black Parade" are great, great, great songs.

And I remember why I loved Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge again. "You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Jail" is just pure fantasmic. "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)" and "It's Not A Fashion Statement, It's A Fucking Deathwish" are my other favorites.

Scruffy
03-13-2007, 05:44 AM
I love that album. with a fucking passion. it's totaly different and out there and, as far as i can til, very orignal and... different. again. and that's what i look for in music, different, original... and good.