PDA

View Full Version : You know it was a great party when...

Idiot
10-29-2006, 02:42 AM

- when most people got trashed and had a helluva time
- when the night seemed to last forever even though you were all enjoying it
- when you sneaked upstairs into your bedroom for a more than enjoyable 'quickie'
- when you then make up lame excuses as to why you were gone, but everyone know you're lying
- when your mate's bike has been hidden on the top of your shed and he's shit scared and confused as to where the hell its gone
- when chesney hawkes comes on random playlist several times
- even though you, as the host, provided no food or drink whatsoever, people bought shitloads
- and even though shitloads was consumed, theres a huge tableful left in the morning for you as a reward for hosting a good bash
- when its probably around 40 worth of alcohol you have left lying around
- when it only took 10 minutes to clear up in the morning
- when a few people turned looking like very convincing pirates
- ...and theres some random gold coins lying around in the morning.

Anyone else have a party or anything last night, using Halloween as an excuse to have one? Anyone ever hosted a party and having the luck of having a load of unconsumed alcohol lying around afterwards which you got to keep?

JohnnyNemesis
10-29-2006, 03:27 AM
Did you use condoms or the pill?

Seriously though, I'm glad you had such a great night. I had a great one too, but it would be hypocritical to discuss after making that lolz joke up there. But yeah, keep having nights like these while you can, just cause they're so fucking awesome.

Idiot
10-29-2006, 04:15 AM
She's on the pill and we always use a condom ;)

Go on man, tell me about your night. Was it as awesome as mine?
Yeah definitely, its the second party I've had at mine in the last month, and planning on having one for christmas or new year too. Can never have too many of them.

BadPatato
10-29-2006, 06:53 AM
Its a great party when:

-You're too wasted to make a proper joint.
-You dont care it isnt't a proper joint.
-You have a coffee with the girl you fancy.
-You burn you're tongue while having a coffee with the girl you fancy.
-You're bummed the party is over.

killer_queen
10-29-2006, 09:12 AM
I have never been in a real party before. People always invite me to parties but I always leave before anyone gets wasted. I guess those crazy parties are not my thing.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
10-29-2006, 09:34 AM
Last night was the most fun I've had in a long time (since I've been paying more attention to the Tigers than my own social life). We were doing typical kid stuff. It was me and four other guy friends. We TP'd three houses and left fart-bombs on four houses where girls were having parties. Then we met up with a girlfriend's older brother, who can drive and had friends with him, and we TP'd more houses and did donuts in the school parking lot. Yeah, high school kid stuff.

All About Eve
10-29-2006, 10:21 AM
I have never been in a real party before. People always invite me to parties but I always leave before anyone gets wasted. I guess those crazy parties are not my thing.
I'm the same way. All the excitement and extrovertedness is very uncomfortable.

Jakebert
10-29-2006, 10:37 AM
Small parties with a few close friends > big parties with a bunch of idiots.

T-6005
10-29-2006, 11:23 AM
This strikes me as an ignorant statement. I've enjoyed myself a ton at both sorts of parties, and I find that big parties with idiots are less likely to involve drama that somehow implicates you. Intimate ones occasionally feature someone breaking down for some strange reason, and some of the time the drunken person breaking down says it's your fault.

Not very often, but still far too much.

Idiot
10-29-2006, 11:28 AM
I agree with T-6005.

Yeah, you can have great little get-togethers with a few close friends etc, but I see that, and big parties as completely different.

At big parties, yes, you can get some drunken idiots, but you don't have to pay attention to them. I like bigger parties because there's far more people to go and hang round with, catch up with etc, meaning you're not tied down to same group of people all night. Its good to have a variety.

Tired_Of_You
10-29-2006, 11:30 AM
Hm, I agree with Thibeault. There's almost never drama in these parties, however, I think the best party I went was with only close friends.

Llamas
10-29-2006, 02:08 PM
I totally depends what I'm up for. Friday night, I went to a small gathering, and saturday night I went to a huge party.

There were about 20 people at the friday party. I only knew two of them. This type of situation is great, because I can actually meet and get to know new people, which is something you can't do at a huge party. We carved pumpkins, had cosmos, built things outta play doh, and ended the night watching "drop dead gorgeous" (GREAT movie). There was no loud thumping music playing, people grinding, or people getting wasted, but it was a ton of fun.

Saturday night I went to a party with probably 500 people there. I went with two friends from the German department, and I met up at the party with one of my work friends. It was interesting to learn that, through two people, my work friend and my german friend were connected. Everyone was really wasted, and two friends and I found a couple hotties to smoke with. We were all so drunk, I have no idea what music was playing. No food was provided, and a cup for as much beer and wop as you wanted was $5. So I didn't have anything AT the party, but it was a ton of fun. I got beer spilled on my legs like 5 times, but I didn't care at all. Then my friend got too drunk and passed out so I had nobody to go with to my friend Dan's party, who I'd promised I'd come to. Hopefully he'll understand!

I have one more party to go to on tuesday... it'll likely be in between the sizes of these other two, and I'll probably know 10% of them. We'll see how it goes, but I won't be able to get so drunk because I have school on wednesday. :(

nightvision
10-29-2006, 02:59 PM
I had a little party at my apartment last night and it was ok. We were only like 10 people who all are friends of mine except for ONE... One of the attending girl's brother. He's a complete idiot actually and unfortunately he's not getting any less stupid when he drinks (and ofcourse, he always drinks waaay too much). He spent 2 hours bragging about how he once had a zit on his dick. That kinda says it all.

We got rid of him when we went down to the city though 'cause the guards at the nightclubs wouldn't let him in 'cause he was too drunk. Ha!

Had a great time at the clubs though. Me and a friend wore masks actually but apparently we're not doing the Halloweeen stuff in Sweden until next weekend. I guess we seemed a bit out of place but it was pretty damn fun! :)

We looked like this (the masks came with a Donald Duck magazine):

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k213/nightvision84/Bild058.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k213/nightvision84/Bild057.jpg

People were looking at us in very strange ways... Some even got scared but most of them we're pretty much like 'what..?'. Atleast we enjoyed ourselves :)

Venom Symbiote
10-29-2006, 03:22 PM
Haha, man, I think my group is about the only celebration of Halloween outside of the U.S./Canada. It's insane.

Had a bit of a crazy party myself. Good times, good times.

Fuckin' alcohol though. I've gotta give that shit up. Mind control and willpower of a 4 year old, I swear.

XYlophonetreeZ
10-29-2006, 06:36 PM
Are you claiming that drinking alcohol gives you the mind control and willpower of a 4 year old, or are you somehow trying to claim that anyone who drinks alcohol has the mind control and willpower of a 4 year old for not abstaining? I really, really hope it's not the latter.

Llamas
10-29-2006, 06:49 PM
I thought it was clear that he was talking about himself when he's inhibriated.

XYlophonetreeZ
10-29-2006, 07:34 PM
Oh, nevermind. I misread it. I thought he said that he already had given it up.

Ninty Man
10-29-2006, 08:38 PM
When:

You realize that it's 5 O' clock, you're so fucking drunk that you can even stand up, and even in that state, dance with the girl you like XD

ninthlayer
10-29-2006, 11:12 PM
You guys are lame as fuck. You know it was a good night when you drive home semi-drunk, depressed, and crying like a little bitch.

Gloating is for fags.

Llamas
10-29-2006, 11:53 PM
I don't see it as gloating... it's just talking about having fun on halloween. and you gloat plenty... just had a shitty halloween and felt like bitching? :p

ninthlayer
10-29-2006, 11:57 PM
Uh, does it look like I'm going to be having a shitty halloween?

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b46/penguinfites/gginvitezzzzz.jpg

Llamas
10-30-2006, 12:04 AM
0mg qu17 gl0471ng!!!11

ninthlayer
10-30-2006, 12:21 AM
Fail. Very, very fail.

Llamas
10-30-2006, 12:40 AM
wasn't trying to be funny, just observational in a stupid way. but that's alright. :)

JoY
10-30-2006, 04:46 AM
Idiot, you're in a steady relationship. [/end of point]

I seriously fucking love parties, but to be honest, I find it difficult to relax at semi-crowded parties with like 20 people. I find it hard to focuss on a conversation, I can't follow the particular conversation I'm in, I keep overhearing other conversations, I feel like I literally hear less of what's being said to me than normal & all these things, with possibly some other factors, most of the times just make me extremely uncomfortable. I once did an eartest/hearingtest to find out why I couldn't hear what's being said to me, when we're talking about a semi-crowded space. but my hearing is better than average & my right ear, that was once operated, is even exceptionally good.

so yeah. kinda frustrating. when we had a practical class last year, in which we tested our hearing, I was curious what would be the result now (years later & still experiencing the same problem). everything was about the same; better than average hearing, right ear hears exceptionally well, blah. we did an additional test, though; how well you can hear with background noise. that appeared to be not only "just not that good", it appeared to be extremely far below average.:( I could only make sense of the sentences, when the volume was way, way up.

so I guess I've found out why I'm so uncomfortable at semi-crowded parties: it's noisy, but not too noisy that makes it impossible to talk to each other. so every time I go drinking in a bar with a semi-large group of friends, I'm pretty much quiet, untill I drink alcohol. at huge parties it's a different situation. everyone dances, does his/her own thing, when something's being said to you, it's being said as loudly as possible directly in your ear & it's not like you'll have many conversations that take effort to follow. when you do, you can focuss on one person. this last aspect goes for small parties aswell, which kinda makes either huge parties, or small parties perfect for me. when too many people try to talk to me at the same time at huge parties, I sometimes get dizzy/faint, though.

so this was my rant about parties. :/

Idiot
10-30-2006, 09:21 AM
I can relate a little to background noise, from a couple of years ago when I had my ears syringed or whatever because my hearing had gone quite bad, it unblocked them and everything seemed quite loud after that.
And because of that, background noise was more pronounced, meaning it was slightly more difficult to hear what people near me were saying etc.

Idiot, you're in a steady relationship. [/end of point]

Confused, what do you mean by this? :confused:

JoY
10-30-2006, 09:45 AM
you have the same effect with hearing devices. because it's a device that does the auditory processing, it can't imitate the natural selection of the ear. for instance when you see things, you normally see things in the foreground sharp & what's in the background more blurry, depending what you focuss on.

except my problem has to do with selection of information overall apparently.

I won't get into the steady relationship-thing.

Idiot
10-30-2006, 10:53 AM
Oh right, seems like a strange situation you have with your hearing.

Why won't you go into it? I'm confused and intrigued now.

JoY
10-30-2006, 02:18 PM
it's not a very strange situation. I just recently found out what it was. I seem to have extremely similar symptoms to those of ADHD patients & to know whether that is my problem, well, many doctors are convinced, but I won't fully accept it, until I've gotten a PET-scan on which it's visible. maybe that sounds dumb, especially since I was "proven" to have ADHD with many tests, but since it's entered my life at such an old age, I'm not entirely sure what to think of it. because even though I haven't managed myself the way I could've, I've pretty much managed things. but when I go into it, it's going to sound real weird & attention-seeking.

I'll explain the other thing in a PM or something some other time.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-02-2006, 02:01 AM

The two are incomparable. Small parties with a few close friends are not parties, they're gatherings. A party is when at least 30% of the people are completely unknown to you and by the end of the night you know everybody, or at least what brand they smoke and what alcohol they drink.

I didn't do anything for Halloween, because I think it's a stupid holiday and I was working anyway. I did however have a fun party at my friend Coop's a couple weeks ago, of which I think I posted pictures. Good times.

But yeah, keep having nights like these while you can, just cause they're so fucking awesome.

Troo dat. I don't wanna sound like some fagtastic git here but I appreciate these parties hella more now because in high school I never got invited to these sorts of parties.

Let the good times roll!