PDA

View Full Version : Trivium - The Crusade

H1T_That
10-29-2006, 11:05 AM
Anyone got this album, or heard it?

They are totally trying to become Metallica. Which actually isn't a bad thing, as this album is half decent.

Favourite tracks are Becoming The Dragon,and To The Rats

bd007h
10-29-2006, 01:46 PM
Good album, but I prefer Ascendency. My favorite song on The Crusade is probably The Rising.

Venom Symbiote
10-29-2006, 03:28 PM
"Metalcore" or not, Trivium are totally tits.

They attract the douchebag "eyeliner & fringe" kiddie crowd at shows, but they are a fuckin' wailing band.

One of the better recent "thrash"-y acts.

DeAtHsTaR
12-11-2006, 05:13 PM
Haha, the first song Trivium ever played was Self Esteem. And check it out, they're still a pop-punk band at heart!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VncRIiV9dWo

Venom Symbiote
12-11-2006, 09:23 PM
Yeah, apparently they discovered their singer in a highschool talent contest singing "Self Esteem".

I'm kind of changing views on this band recently, meh. I really hate the vocals (guess I always have), and the "core" scene thing really gets to me, but I still appreciate their guitar-work.

They sound kind of fresh without being fresh at all, if that makes any sense. The singer's a complete clown-fucker, but yeah...kind of not sure where I stand on them recently. Definitely Metallica wannabes, but...guilty pleasure or something I guess.

Repeat: the vocals suck. :p

nameless
12-12-2006, 04:44 PM
ive heard a few bands have been slagging them off, ive got nothing against them but im just not into their music and cant see why they are so popular!

Striker
12-29-2006, 10:52 AM
They're now officially my favourite band...