PDA

View Full Version : English accents live

Duskygrin
10-29-2006, 12:24 PM
. .

killer_queen
10-29-2006, 12:29 PM
Yes! Do you remember that "post our voice samples" thread? I still keep Dave's voice on my computer. A little stalkerish, I know but it's so cute!

Great thread, by the way.

killer_queen
10-29-2006, 12:38 PM
I also love the way English people say "lovely". Don't forget to say lovely while recording people.

Idiot
10-29-2006, 01:00 PM
I'll record some tomorrow evening, what do you want me to say?
I'm from south-east England, so a kind of neutral, slightly southern atmosphere.

Idiot
10-29-2006, 03:17 PM
Okie doke, I'll do some accents too, could be a laugh.

Will post them tomorrow.

Idiot
10-30-2006, 10:06 AM
Give me something to say and I'll say it in some different english accents.

H1T_That
10-30-2006, 10:09 AM
I'm a geordie.

H1T_That
10-30-2006, 10:49 AM
I know, Stevie. I know. For you, if you wish, (if you don't so much the worse) it'll be: "why, aye, mate, just going down the chippie! what's the matter, can't you wait till I'm back, you damn scrofulous teabag...?" then you can improvise.

Idiot, I'm really stuck for you... hmm... you can say the same as Steve... add sth about the horseraces being jolly good, & going to the club every saturday morning when it's raining even better. then ad-lib some more, be imaginative & above all, English.

talk about the weather if nothing else.

Mine will sound more like this....why aye mate, just ganin doon tha chippy, was tha matta like?, ya not wait till as back.

No one in geordie land would say the last part, it would be more like, 'ya bloody fool'

Omni
10-30-2006, 10:59 AM
For the record, British people don't have an accent. It's the rest of us that do.

Idiot
10-30-2006, 11:08 AM
Ok then, I'll get onto it in a minute.

Tigger Army
10-30-2006, 11:13 AM
For the record, British people don't have an accent. It's the rest of us that do.

ofcourse many british people have accents. Just like a whole damn lot of dutchies have accents when they speak dutch. Only few british have no accent (and granted, not a single foreigner lacks an accent)

H1T_That
10-30-2006, 11:15 AM

What the fuck? Have you ever been to England?

Idiot
10-30-2006, 11:26 AM
Ok, I've done some. Bit dodgy though as it feels weird randomly talking to a computer screen and thinking about how you're saying stuff.

http://www.savefile.com/files/209696

Explanations

Boring Southern Accent - How 'commoners' here in the South East talk
Brummy Accent - My poor attempt at sounding like someone from Birmingham. Does sound better in real life though.
Normal Accent - Just me talking normally as I would
Scouse Accent - Attempt of sounding like people from Liverpool
Southern Farmer Accent - What farmers from the south sound like. Almost sounds Irish.
Southern Scum Accent - What really common, usually older generation common, town centre type people sound like.

H1T_That
10-30-2006, 11:43 AM
Joe, that was great.

Idiot
10-30-2006, 11:45 AM
Awesome, cheers man. ;)

I can attemp more accents if you wish, just suggest some and I'll see what I can do. Just not welsh, can only do that randomly.

H1T_That
10-30-2006, 11:47 AM
Awesome, cheers man. ;)

I can attemp more accents if you wish, just suggest some and I'll see what I can do. Just not welsh, can only do that randomly.

I know!! of someone asked you to do a welsh accent its near impossible, but to just blurt out randomly its a really accurate and funny impersonation.

Do a Leeds/Bradford style one.

H1T_That
10-30-2006, 12:23 PM
Southern common:
"Hello mate, how is it going alright?Yeah, it's fucking brilliant here, innit?Yeah. Nah, I've been down the old betting office today... now I've just been sitting here with a cupatea, innit yeah. Watch the football later. Alright yeah, how's your bird? (?) Alright? Wicked, brilliant. Well. I'm off for a piss, see ya later."

Brummy:

"I need to get myself some new batteries it's gonna be great. It's gonna be great, isn't it? I mean, what's going on? Got some new batteries isn't it? It's gonna be great. Well that's what you want

Scouse :

"Why, aye mate, just going down the chippie. What's the matter etc. ... & all that crap... you can [...] ,goin down the horse racing, jolly good gambling and all that crap, you can steal nowt aswell, its brilliant. Well, bloody rain & shit isn't it? You can't wait till fucking summer. Mind you at least the [birds or beers] more int he fucking winter

Southern farmer:

alright mate hows it goin? thats good intit, goin get my tractor today, be brilliant it will, be brilliant, go down t' farmers market get us some right bargains down there, yeah maybe watch a bit of the telly later

Southern scum:

alright you fukcking wanker, hows it goin, yeah fucking brilliant, wicked, yeah cant wait to go down the fucking pub later, be brilliant wont it, yeah, have some fucking prok scratchings, cant wait. Cant wait till the fucking kids go back to fucking school, be brilliant

Tired_Of_You
10-30-2006, 12:24 PM
My accent when I talk in Enlgish is the best!!!1

...No one likes Quebec accent. :(

Btw, I <3 British and Scottish accents... well, some of them. <3 Anyone have an Scottish accent? From Edinburgh?

mrconeman
10-30-2006, 12:27 PM
AHAHAHA that farmer accent was simply brilliant.

H1T_That
10-30-2006, 12:28 PM
Hope i can get my mic working, i know an awesome geordie song you'll all love.

H1T_That
10-30-2006, 12:38 PM
For a Scottish accent, you just sound really dopey & roll your r's.

Quebecker accents are indeed the pits. No offence. i mean, objectively, they're not beautiful, are they? Subjectively you may have some liking for reason X or Y, but objectively...

Thanks Steve, brilliant translation job. I get the farmer accent alright now. It's just really slow & really... inimitable. *grins*

Okay you want a cookie or a French rendition?

French Rendition

Idiot
10-30-2006, 12:43 PM
I can do two scottish ones if you want: a rough, northern scottish accent, and a southern scotland accent.

Tired_Of_You
10-30-2006, 12:45 PM
Quebecker accents are indeed the pits. No offence. i mean, objectively, they're not beautiful, are they? Subjectively you may have some liking for reason X or Y, but objectively...I don't think it's that bad. Of course, if you only ever heard farmers talking, then I understand you might think it's not beautiful at all. I understand, I don't like that either. I even have a neighbour who says "gardrie" instead of "galerie"... ew. Also, it's not every Quebecer who speaks with a really strong accent and/or swear every 3 words.

Scottish accents, Scottish accents! Yay. :D

Sinister
10-30-2006, 01:03 PM
I fucking despise my accent when I speak English, because anyone whose mother tonge is English can say, after the first word, that mine isn't. :(

killer_queen
10-30-2006, 01:11 PM
I fucking despise my accent when I speak English, because anyone whose mother tonge is English can say, after the first word, that mine isn't. :(

Is this supposed to be a bad thing? Because I think having an accent (whether it is nice or not) is fucking cool. I for one, love my middle eastern accent although everyone seems to hate it.

Sinister
10-30-2006, 01:21 PM
Is this supposed to be a bad thing? Because I think having an accent (whether it is nice or not) is fucking cool. I for one, love my middle eastern accent although everyone seems to hate it.

Take the following assumptions I make :

For most relatively uninformed people, "Middle Eastern" = "exotic" = "cool";

For the same proportion of the population, "Quebecker" = "logcabin-dwelling beaver owner" = "lousy".

Do you see my point now ?

H1T_That
10-30-2006, 01:22 PM
Take the following assumptions I make :

For most relatively uninformed people, "Middle Eastern" = "exotic" = "cool";

For the same proportion of the population, "Quebecker" = "logcabin-dwelling beaver owner" = "lousy".

Do you see my point now ?

Woah!! you own a beaver?

H1T_That
10-30-2006, 01:39 PM
Horrid French (http://www.savefile.com/files/209982)

Lovely French (http://www.savefile.com/files/210031)

Simon & Valérie, you may post up your canehdian accents, dears?

Cold poem (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtfLf41-khk) canadian stuff. I like the atmosphere.

"I'll just go cry in a corner then" HA, i loved that bit.

Tired_Of_You
10-30-2006, 02:01 PM
I like your voice, Maria.

Alright... so as you can see I have no imagination whatsoever at the moment.

Me talking in French (http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=8E2CC72354E00968)

I'll speak in english in a few minutes.

H1T_That
10-30-2006, 02:05 PM
I like your voice, Maria.

Alright... so as you can see I have no imagination whatsoever at the moment.

Me talking in French (http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=8E2CC72354E00968)

I'll speak in english in a few minutes.

Thats not english.

Tired_Of_You
10-30-2006, 02:08 PM
I know, I edited my post just a few seconds before you wrote this.

Now in English (http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=A2037A6B1B8A49F6)

H1T_That
10-30-2006, 02:19 PM
wait, did you just say "i don't know anyone, my life is sad" ?

Tired_Of_You
10-30-2006, 02:24 PM
"I just don't, hm, I don't know anyone who wanna talk in English with me, I mean... my life is sad."

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-30-2006, 02:45 PM
I wanna do this. Where do I upload?

mrconeman
10-30-2006, 02:47 PM
Putfile would be more conveniant I reckon.
What with not having to actually download the file.

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-30-2006, 02:48 PM
It wasn't. I like my voice, even if no one else does. Shall upload soon.

What the hell? Gulsah stalks me! Gulsah, just upload that. Please. =D

mrconeman
10-30-2006, 02:51 PM
You're just annoyed I won't upload my voice aren't you?

Admit it..

Tired_Of_You
10-30-2006, 02:57 PM
Val&#233;rie!!! C'est super de t'entendre! Here's my oh so french response: And let nobody say: was that English? Or gibberish? (http://www.savefile.com/files/210213)"&#231;a tu y &#233;chapperas pas" hahaha. oh nooon.

Et ouais, j'ai dis intense. En fait, t'as raison, j'aurais du dire prononc&#233;, mais bon... j'me suis mise a dire des mots qui ont pas de sens on dirait. Nan, mais j'imagine &#231;a peut peut-&#234;tre fonctionner.

Vers 1:01 "j'ai pas envie de faire encore un clip comme _____?" C'est quoi t'as dis? Je l'ai &#233;couter 10 fois sans comprendre, haha.

Et oui, je suis une vieille dame! :p

edit : pour les anglicismes, tu as d&#233;j&#224; entendu &#231;a :
"Les Fran&#231;ais disent : stationner une voiture dans un parking.
Les Qu&#233;b&#233;cois disent : Parker une voiture dans un stationnement."?
Enfin c'est quelque chose comme &#231;a.

Tired_Of_You
10-30-2006, 03:39 PM
it doesn't bother me at all. look. or hear.
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=1790DB736D933D4C

All About Eve
10-30-2006, 05:56 PM
Val's accent wins very much.

And I've heard Dave's before.. phlanging it up, if I remember correctly.

WebDudette
10-30-2006, 05:58 PM

For the record, everyone has an accent.

T-6005
10-30-2006, 06:52 PM
Matmatah - Les Moutons

Refrain:
Nanala Naganalalo Lanalalaleno.

On a tondu les moutons , et filé la laine
Et réparé la moto avec la clef allen
On a rencontré des filles pas du tout vilaines
Avec elles il y avait la Marie ranouen
On a respiré du tri du trichloroéthylène
Et le lendemain on avait mauvaise haleine

{Refrain}

Y a trois francs de réduction sur les chocos BN
Alors pour en profiter on les prend par douzaines
On s'est envoyé une bonne bouteille de chouchen
A la fin elle était vide elle était plus pleine
Après on a fait du stop avec les bigoudènes
Et on est allé en boîte mais y avait qu'des lesbiennes

{Refrain}

On a jeté tous les parisiens dedans la Seine
On a noyé en même temps toutes les parisiennes
On a trouvé du pétrole aux îles Kerguelen
Et après on est parti pécho la sirène
Ah y'en a un qu'j'oublie toujours oh c'est Saddam Hussein
Celui-là nous pompe de l'air comme Jean-Marie Le Pen
On s'est roulé un cinq feuilles avec du pollen
Et après on est tous tombés dans le lagen

{Refrain}

Si notre chanson vous a plu oh donnez-vous la peine
De nous payer un bon coup pour reprendre haleine
Je n'me souviens plus de la suite alors c'est pas la peine
De toute façon ce qu'il fallait c'était une rime en "N"

At least I amuse myself. I realize it's off topic, but this amuses me, and if I was equipped to do a recording in French (or English, for that matter), this is the one I would do.

Points to anyone who guesses the origin of this band.

sythen
10-31-2006, 12:10 AM
what the hell are u on buddy

ninthlayer
10-31-2006, 01:32 AM
This thread got me thinking. Does anyone have a Ventrilo (http://www.ventrilo.com) server? It'd be kind of fucking rad to talk to BBSers over Vent or something of the like. Anyway, just a thought as I don't have my own server and I'm not all that familiar with the actual moderation of the program (even though I've used it on an almost daily basis since like January).

post script - Yes, I am a fag and only know about the program because I use it when I'm playing World of Warcraft.

post-post script - kek

the_GoDdEsS
10-31-2006, 01:35 AM
British people don't have an accent wins this thread. It's almost as good as Latinos speak Latin and angsty is not a word.

ninthlayer
10-31-2006, 01:40 AM
Angsty is not a word is one of my all time favorites.

the_GoDdEsS
10-31-2006, 01:41 AM
Agreed. It was the best. Oooh, and I forgot Poles are Nordic.

ninthlayer
10-31-2006, 01:53 AM
Too fucking classic. Now I have to look up your BBS pwn threads.

killer_queen
10-31-2006, 04:50 AM
It wasn't. I like my voice, even if no one else does. Shall upload soon.

What the hell? Gulsah stalks me! Gulsah, just upload that. Please. =D

Here it is.

http://download.yousendit.com/9F8383DB6306D80D

I love being a stalker.