PDA

View Full Version : I've forgotten all of the insults...

Preocupado
10-30-2006, 06:06 AM
... and i hope you have forgotten the ones you received.

I used the search button and went throught lots of my posts today, and i saw how many different things i wrote, coming from different places. Most of them were escape valves, coming from more meaningful circumstances that i didn't present here. If you put them all in a row, it'll sure make me look like a hypocrite, but that's what happens in time when you aren't the wisest or the dumbest of men.

I realized that i exchanged plenty of insults here too, some exaggerated and some honest. I thought about how can i have forgotten those and still read the poster's opinions like i never heard of them, and i think this is simply it: Read an insult, empathize with it, have the courage to put yourself into check. Do it as much as possible or as much as the person is requiring you to do it - an aggression is always a request for your time and help, no matter how disguised it may seem. Don't let the insult escape you without a coherent meaning and, in time, the toll leans towards you as a stronger attitude.

Discuss.

killer_queen
10-30-2006, 06:14 AM
I still remember some of the insults. Like, "every enemy I have met, I've annihilated - with our breath I'm sure they all suffocated", "you're as repulsive as a monkey in negligee - I look that much like your fiancee?" and my favourite, "I will milk every drop of blood from your body! - How appropriate. You fight like a cow".

But of course, it has been years. I've forgotten most of them. I wish I could remember more.:(

Duskygrin
10-30-2006, 06:30 AM
You spew your dainty, fragile heart out of your anus.

JoY
10-30-2006, 07:52 AM
is this about the "having paid for sex"-thing again?

just kidding.

on the topic of insults;
I've recieved quite a few insults in my life. I remember many & I'm definitely not going to bring up any. ones that were to be expected, but also ones that came out of nowhere, being either unreasonable, out of frustration, purely to attack me (automatic fail), or about something I hadn't (fully) realised yet.
unconsciously I categorize insults in that same manner I just described. I think about the origin of an insult (the person it's from/to, the circumstances, the underlying cause, the eventual trigger for an insult), also if I'm the one to hand it out, & by that I pretty much classify them. & then comes reflection, which can bring one to new insights, but which can also lead to reducing the insult & its meaning, untill it's dissolved completely. *shrug* it's not about guilt & pointing fingers, but mostly about responsibility.