PDA

View Full Version : Offspring Loves NFL?

Lord_Gabo
10-30-2006, 02:29 PM
Some Offspring members support (is correct??) some NFL team or other sports team?!

Noodles & co are a fan of Raiders? :D

Venom Symbiote
10-30-2006, 02:57 PM
As far as team sports go, Ron used to love the Lakers, basketball fan.

Greg K. used to play baseball, so I'd assume he maybe follows the MLB at least casually.

Dexter and Greg used to run Cross-Country.

Noodles is mainly into solo sports, "extreme stuff, yo".

I've never heard anything about the NFL. Although I guess they would be Raiders fans, if any team at all.

offspringing
10-30-2006, 04:02 PM
i know dexter likes the white sox i pretty sure because i saw him wearing the hat many times

Lord_Gabo
10-31-2006, 03:10 AM
i know dexter likes the white sox i pretty sure because i saw him wearing the hat many times

good! thx! :)

Hypodermic_89
10-31-2006, 03:41 AM
Sweet. In the states they have NFL, baseball etc. Here, in Finland, we have snowball fights and sledraces. Beat that, punks.

RonWelty
10-31-2006, 04:52 AM
we have soccer ;) the best sport

Stranger With Candy
10-31-2006, 05:32 AM
Sweet. In the states they have NFL, baseball etc. Here, in Finland, we have snowball fights and sledraces. Beat that, punks.

mabye ill move to Finland and join one of theose snowball fight teams

offspring_freak_3
10-31-2006, 06:38 AM
some time ago, i've heard that greg k broke his nose playing hockey

i dunno if that's true

Thomas
10-31-2006, 05:40 PM
If they are Raiders fans, I will no longer be ashamed to admit that I, too, am a Raiders fan. They do suck this year, though. But hey, you've gotta stick with your team through thick and thin.

Venom Symbiote
11-01-2006, 12:10 AM
Definitely, Thomas.

Same reason I'm still a Bulls fan, even though they've essentially been pathetic ever since the days when they had Jordan/Pippen/Longley/Rodman/Kerr/Grant, etc.

randman21
11-01-2006, 05:10 AM
Let's not forget Wennington/Purdue. Fuck, though, the Bulls are gonna be pretty nice this year.

The Offspring guys don't seem like Raider fans, but, yeah, I agree with what Thomas said. It's the same reason I still love the Bills.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
11-01-2006, 11:52 AM

Here in Detroit, we have NFL, baseball, snowball fights, sledraces AND riots, gunshots, etc. Sorry "punk", but I win.

Venom Symbiote
11-01-2006, 03:01 PM
FUCK Wennington. FUCK Purdue. :p Haha.

Back to the Raider issue, I've just never heard of them following football. They very well may do, but we've just never had it in an article or interview or whatever. Who knows, right? Who cares?

They don't really seem like "football guys" though, if you know what I mean. Dexter and Noodles just seem content with their surfing, Greg has his golf, Ron was into basketball, and Atom...drives...cars. And stuff.

Heh, 1979, so thre Detroit stereotypes are true, huh? That city seems insane.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
11-01-2006, 04:14 PM
Heh, 1979, so thre Detroit stereotypes are true, huh? That city seems insane.

Well, I honestly don't know how bad Detroit is compared to other cities. Every night, there is always at least three fatal shootings, a guy that escaped from jail, etc. We see as many sketches as leaves on the ground. Plus, because every Oct. 30 in Detroit is Devil's Night, Detroit likes to set a lot, a lot of things on fire. In some parts of Detroit, the only way you can tell a prostitute from a normal Detroit citizen is if there is a bus stop sign next to her. I want to know if that's as bad as any of the other big cities. Could someone else fill me in?

--
Back on topic: When I first read this thread, I was expecting The Offspring to help promote the NFL by giving FOX or ESPN music to play before commercials or to show plays from earlier games.