PDA

View Full Version : Bush hates Christmas!

Noodles
12-22-2004, 10:27 AM
Preznit Bush began his press conference on Monday by saying "Happy Holidays." This is clearly an affront to those (90% of Americans) who celebrate Christmas in this country, as any knowledgeable right-wing pundit (i.e. O'Reilly, Hume, Hannity, et.al.) will tell you.

Even more disturbing, Both current and former Preznit Bushes sent videotaped messages of "thanks" that played at the opening of an American Clergy Leadership Conference meeting this last week. The ACLC is a group led by Rev. Moon that want to get rid of all crosses in all the churches because they take the focus away from the coming of the messiah. Moon also believes that He is the Messiah. He also owns the Washington Times and United Press International.

Why would Bush turn his back on Christians and Christmas now?

Mota Boy
12-22-2004, 10:36 AM
The Reverend Moon's children went to my high school. One of them was kinda hot.

nitropenguin!
12-22-2004, 11:48 AM
Noodles, do you think Christianity should have a place in politics?

Noodles is gay
12-22-2004, 11:55 AM

Simple, he's been voted in again and doesn't need to retain the support of Christians. He cannot be elected again after these four years so I suppose he thinks it doesn't really matter if Christians still love him or not.

Methinks it was all a ploy...?

EDIT: Noodles don't get offended by my username, I meant 'gay' in the archaic sense of the word.

wheelchairman
12-22-2004, 12:06 PM
You should remember to change your avatar before you say that.

babycraze{Angie}
12-22-2004, 12:06 PM
Simple, he's been voted in again and doesn't need to retain the support of Christians. He cannot be elected again after these four years so I suppose he thinks it doesn't really matter if Christians still love him or not.

Methinks it was all a ploy...?

EDIT: Noodles don't get offended by my username, I meant 'gay' in the archaic sense of the word.
Definite agreement right there. Noodles, that is your answer right there from Noodles is gay. Bush can kiss my ass for all that I don't care. Just as long as he doesn't put us in serious danger, I don't give a shit what he does. He might be our president, but the people is what gives him his power and we can sure as hell take it from him. That son of a bitch ass redneck can just stop being an asshole already, it's good enough that half of the real country hates him and by far a lot of other people from different countrys do too. No need for more bullshit from him. Who cares what he says? That's only his insult, not like if he's gonna do something about it, if he does, then that would be violating our freedom of religion. That can NOT be violated. He can try, but we can overrule him. :D

Noodles is gay
12-22-2004, 12:09 PM
You should remember to change your avatar before you say that.

Yeah, I've actually never made that link before - I merely thought it was a highly amusing ancient Greek pot. :D

I'm really rather childish.

Jojan
12-22-2004, 02:32 PM
I think politics and religion shouldn't have something to do with eachother. But they have though.

(I also hate Christmas)
I have no idea why Bush does that. Maybe he has changed his mind and know thinks that religion is bad - and that Chistmas is bad.
Maybe he's one of thoose who just want to get presents, and not give any.

leo3375
12-22-2004, 04:20 PM
Does anyone remember what happened the last time religion and government were intertwined? People were tortured, burned at the stake, hanged, and segregated from society because they didn't practice the predominant religion.

"Happy Holidays" is an all-encompassing, PC saying. I, for one, prefer to say "Happy Hanukah," "Merry Festivus," and "Merry Christmas" at the appropriate holiday.

If we're going to put Hanukah, Festivus, Christmas, and Kwanzaa into one phrase, we may as well do it for Passover and Easter, too.

Happy Peasterver, everyone!

plastic_letterz
12-22-2004, 04:33 PM
[QUOTE=Noodles] Moon also believes that He is the Messiah.
[QUOTE]

whoaa...kinda weird
do other people believe this moon dude is the "messiah"?

noodler
12-22-2004, 05:27 PM
in UK and Ireland we always say happy xmas.

but then i guess we have a christian majority.

Bush couldnt hate xmas, he is at least a family man.

wopnder if santa will bring him any WMD for xmas?

Rilex
12-22-2004, 08:18 PM
Preznit Bush began his press conference on Monday by saying "Happy Holidays." This is clearly an affront to those (90% of Americans) who celebrate Christmas in this country, as any knowledgeable right-wing pundit (i.e. O'Reilly, Hume, Hannity, et.al.) will tell you.

Even more disturbing, Both current and former Preznit Bushes sent videotaped messages of "thanks" that played at the opening of an American Clergy Leadership Conference meeting this last week. The ACLC is a group led by Rev. Moon that want to get rid of all crosses in all the churches because they take the focus away from the coming of the messiah. Moon also believes that He is the Messiah. He also owns the Washington Times and United Press International.

Who gives a shit about Christmas…you suck…

Noodles
12-22-2004, 08:28 PM
Of course Dubya's a family man. Look at how much money comes with being born into the Bush Family. But I'm not convinced that he's not getting some homosexual love on the down-low. Anyone remeber how often he used to use the word "fabulous" before his handlers told him to stop?

I think Bush really does consider himself a "good Christian," but like so many others, I don't think he has a clue what that really means. To be a Christian means to be "Christ-like," or at least to attempt to live the way he did. I don't remember Christ saying that we should bomb anybody; or that rich people deserve to keep their money more than the poor; or that industry is more important than the environment; or that lying is okay, or if you're not really lying but just incompetent, well then don't tell anyone.

I believe that religion and politics should never mix, and that when they do they only corrupt each other.

A very drunken Saturnalia to you all!

Offspring_01
12-22-2004, 08:30 PM
Of course Dubya's a family man. Look at how much money comes with being born into the Bush Family. But I'm not convinced that he's not getting some homosexual love on the down-low. Anyone remeber how often he used to use the word "fabulous" before his handlers told him to stop?

I think Bush really does consider himself a "good Christian," but like so many others, I don't think he has a clue what that really means. To be a Christian means to be "Christ-like," or at least to attempt to live the way he did. I don't remember Christ saying that we should bomb anybody; or that rich people deserve to keep their money more than the poor; or that industry is more important than the environment; or that lying is okay, or if you're not really lying but just incompetent, well then don't tell anyone.

I believe that religion and politics should never mix, and that when they do they only corrupt each other.

Noodles your my idol. :D

Rilex
12-22-2004, 08:39 PM
Yea, as a nice CHRISTIAN president he should become a priest, and except bombing the others countries, he should pronounce them as a place of a living hell….

sk8ter-hater
12-22-2004, 08:41 PM
but if they corrupt each other, why is it so important ?
cus like some documents always ask about religion in my point of view religion is something a person should keep to itself and not be so public as it is today.

nitropenguin!
12-22-2004, 08:45 PM
Wow. Noodles made his own thread.

Epic.
Along with the PC/MC thread. He's actually been here quite often. 4 times in 3 days.

Rilex
12-22-2004, 08:48 PM
Yea right!!! Some admin is having great fun of you guys…

nitropenguin!
12-22-2004, 09:10 PM
Haha no I'm pretty sure it's the one and only Noodles. He's an ace when it comes to politics.

nitropenguin!
12-22-2004, 10:24 PM
Yes, I totally agree. Thanks for answering my question =)
Religious people want others to believe in exactly what they beleive, so you know they'd just use the government to force individuals to do so. The government getting involved would affect everyone and looking at what has been taking place, that might just happen. Chaos, well actually that's happening right now isn't it? People want the government to be involved with Christianity.

Rilex
12-22-2004, 10:30 PM

What the fuck is that mean????

Noodles
12-22-2004, 11:57 PM
As I understand it (someone will correct me, I'm sure) Saturnalia was a pagan holiday set on or near the equinox. The Roman Catholic church was tired of competing, so they set Christmas around the same date. Christmas wasn't recognized/created by the church as a holiday until sometime in the 400's.

So...Happy Drunken Saturnalia to You All!

Izie
12-23-2004, 12:40 AM
Politics and religion should never mix, hence the separation of church and state, but it's pretty damn obvious that Christians are just like any other target group of voters - you have to say things they want to hear to get their vote, quite simple.

And why Bush is turning his back on Christmas now? I don't know. Politicians are just that way, do what you need to get what you want...

Oh, and Wikipedia says: "Saturnalia (from the god Saturn) was the name the Romans gave to their holiday marking the Winter Solstice. Over the years, it expanded to a whole week, the 17th through 23rd of December. It also degenerated from mostly tomfoolery, marked chiefly by having masters and slaves switch places, to sometimes debauchery, so that among Christians the (lower case) word "saturnalia" came to mean "orgy."

It was traditional for Romans to exchange gifts during this holiday. These gifts were customarily made of silver, although nearly anything could be given as a gift for the occasion. Several epigrams by the poet Martial survive, seemingly crafted as riddling gift-tags for gifts of food."

So yup, Noodles, you were correct :)
And Christmas isn't at the same time everywhere in the world anymore, another interesting ploy by the churches, heh

If I didn't make much sense, I apologize, I'm just up and I didn't sleep that well.

Noodles
12-23-2004, 02:03 AM
This Saturnalia is lookong better and better. A whole week of drunken orgies? Count me in.

Maybe that's why Bush is so agianst Christmas. Clinton was a piker!

Rilex
12-23-2004, 02:14 AM
Yea…fucking abyss!!!

Slayter
12-23-2004, 03:06 AM
So posts only added popularity for G.Bush ;)
I think it's time for no posts about it mmm.....FREAK president! :cool:

meaning_of_life
12-23-2004, 04:16 AM
why does it matter if bush hates christmas? it has nothing to do with politics, and dosent say anything to me about his character either. after all, there are alot of people that dislike christmas, for one reason or another.

Rilex
12-23-2004, 04:38 AM
I hate fucking Christmas…But the Noodles were cool this morning…

Slayter
12-23-2004, 04:52 AM
Oh Rilex - I hate Christmas too:)
But i realy want to drunk as a pig:)
meaning_of_life i'm agree with you about: "why does it matter if bush hates christmas"

Noodles is gay
12-23-2004, 05:02 AM
Oh, and Wikipedia says: "Saturnalia (from the god Saturn) was the name the Romans gave to their holiday marking the Winter Solstice. Over the years, it expanded to a whole week, the 17th through 23rd of December. It also degenerated from mostly tomfoolery, marked chiefly by having masters and slaves switch places, to sometimes debauchery, so that among Christians the (lower case) word "saturnalia" came to mean "orgy."

It was traditional for Romans to exchange gifts during this holiday. These gifts were customarily made of silver, although nearly anything could be given as a gift for the occasion. Several epigrams by the poet Martial survive, seemingly crafted as riddling gift-tags for gifts of food."

Damn you! :mad: I'm the expert on ancient Greeks and Romans. I wanted to answer that! Bah-humbug.

Damn you.

Although well done you're pretty much correct.

StayInTheHouseCarl
12-23-2004, 07:31 AM
This Saturnalia is lookong better and better. A whole week of drunken orgies? Count me in.

Maybe that's why Bush is so agianst Christmas. Clinton was a piker!

i like the way you think, you're hired. everyone should secretly switch to this cooler holiday, but to keep it on the down-low is vital, or else, it would just become commercialized as well. :D

Izie
12-23-2004, 08:39 AM
Damn you! :mad: I'm the expert on ancient Greeks and Romans. I wanted to answer that! Bah-humbug.

Damn you.

Although well done you're pretty much correct.

I'm quite good with ancient history, but I'm not takig credit for this one, wikipedia is ;)

Regarding Saturnalia... If you look it up, most of the christian traditions/symbols/whatnot have roots in older religions/cults. I find it extremely interesting.

And Roman drunken orgies - *thumbs up*, at least from what I know of them.

Noodles is gay
12-23-2004, 08:42 AM
And Roman drunken orgies - *thumbs up*, at least from what I know of them.

Greek drunken orgies - thumbs up twice. :D They had even more fun, especially the female worshippers of Dionysus; the Bacchae.

Izie
12-23-2004, 08:43 AM
Greek drunken orgies - thumbs up twice. :D They had even more fun, especially the female worshippers of Dionysus; the Bacchae.

Completely agreed. And ancient Greek history = THE part of history. For me anyway.

Noodles is gay
12-23-2004, 08:47 AM
Completely agreed. And ancient Greek history = THE part of history. For me anyway.

Definitely, the Greeks rocked! :D

Bet you're not fluent in both ancient Greek and Latin though? :cool:

Yes I know - I’m incredibly modest. :p

Izie
12-23-2004, 08:49 AM
Definitely, the Greeks rocked! :D

Bet you're not fluent in both ancient Greek and Latin though? :cool:

Yes I know - I’m incredibly modest. :p

Used to be fluent in Latin, don't do it anymore, so I forgot bits and pieces.
Never had Greek. Although learning the contemporary Greek sounds interesting to me. I like languages.

Noodles is gay
12-23-2004, 08:54 AM
Used to be fluent in Latin, don't do it anymore, so I forgot bits and pieces.
Never had Greek. Although learning the contemporary Greek sounds interesting to me. I like languages.

You should take Latin up again; it is the language of intellectuals and it’s great fun too. :D

Contemporary Greek, pah! Where’s the use in that? Ancient’s the way forward. Plus you can read some of the greatest pieces of literature ever written, in their original language; Sophocles, Aeschylus, Euripides and Aristotle, to name but a few. :cool:

Izie
12-23-2004, 08:56 AM
You should take Latin up again; it is the language of intellectuals and it’s great fun too. :D

Contemporary Greek, pah! Where’s the use in that? Ancient’s the way forward. Plus you can read some of the greatest pieces of literature ever written, in their original language; Sophocles, Aeschylus, Euripides and Aristotle, to name but a few. :cool:

I stuck to reading it in translation, I really had no time to learn Greek just in order to read the old works. We had some of those as obligaroty reading in school, heh.

And Latin was great fun while I did it, but considering the amount of languages I need to learn in the next... year and a half... I think Latin will have to wait. Quite a while.

Noodles is gay
12-23-2004, 09:01 AM
I stuck to reading it in translation, I really had no time to learn Greek just in order to read the old works. We had some of those as obligaroty reading in school, heh.

And Latin was great fun while I did it, but considering the amount of languages I need to learn in the next... year and a half... I think Latin will have to wait. Quite a while.

Yeah, I have an exam on Aeschylus and Sophocles in about 2 weeks :(

Bad stuff, very bad.

Translation just doesn't capture the atmosphere or, in some cases, even the original meaning intended by the poet.

How many languages do you have to learn?

I was trying to think what Greek is actually useful for, nothing comes to mind, BUT I will think of something just to back up my point that it is worthwhile.

Izie
12-23-2004, 09:05 AM
Yeah, I have an exam on Aeschylus and Sophocles in about 2 weeks :(

Bad stuff, very bad.

Translation just doesn't capture the atmosphere or, in some cases, even the original meaning intended by the poet.

How many languages do you have to learn?

I was trying to think what Greek is actually useful for, nothing comes to mind, BUT I will think of something just to back up my point that it is worthwhile.

Let's see, languages... Perfecting Dutch comes first, learning French up to a sort of an intermediate level comes second, perfecting Russian comes third aaaaand... I'd like to take up German, but something says I won't have the time, given the fact that languages aren't what I study at uni.

Noodles is gay
12-23-2004, 09:07 AM
Let's see, languages... Perfecting Dutch comes first, learning French up to a sort of an intermediate level comes second, perfecting Russian comes third aaaaand... I'd like to take up German, but something says I won't have the time, given the fact that languages aren't what I study at uni.

Whoa, that's actually quite impressive.

I want to do Greek and Latin at uni so I guess I have time to learn them well. Is English your first language then? Because you're not in an English country so if not it's pretty good too.

Izie
12-23-2004, 09:11 AM
Whoa, that's actually quite impressive.

I want to do Greek and Latin at uni so I guess I have time to learn them well. Is English your first language then? Because you're not in an English country so if not it's pretty good too.

First language = Serbain. German falls off that list lol, there's not a chance, ever that I could make it, I'm too busy as it is. Currently I'm studying in Dutch, which is why it needs to be perfected, and next year we have an exam in French/English, so I do need to know quite a lot of French if I intend to get a decent grade. Plus, French is pretty. And I've had Russian for around 8 years, but I still think I could do much better at it, and I'd like to.

Yes, the oreview of Izie's use of languages. We should have used PMs...

Noodles is gay
12-23-2004, 09:15 AM
First language = Serbain. German falls off that list lol, there's not a chance, ever that I could make it, I'm too busy as it is. Currently I'm studying in Dutch, which is why it needs to be perfected, and next year we have an exam in French/English, so I do need to know quite a lot of French if I intend to get a decent grade. Plus, French is pretty. And I've had Russian for around 8 years, but I still think I could do much better at it, and I'd like to.

Yes, the oreview of Izie's use of languages. We should have used PMs...

I had to do German for a few years, I despised it. :mad: Mainly because I was really bad and I didn’t like the teacher either. PM would've been a good idea, especially as this is Noodles' thread.

Damn though, your English is really good. I wish i could find an ancient Greek to test out my language skills on.

Izie
12-23-2004, 09:16 AM
I had to do German for a few years, I despised it. :mad: Mainly because I was really bad and I didn’t like the teacher either. PM would've been a good idea, especially as this is Noodles' thread.

Damn though, your English is really good. I wish i could find an ancient Greek to test out my language skills on.

PM sent. No more topic-ruining for me. ;)

midnightfire582
12-23-2004, 10:16 AM
How much this topic has strayed....

Moose
12-23-2004, 10:53 AM
was this topic supposed to be taken that seriously in the first place? i mean bush hating christmas? i think noodles said it as mostly a joke, and sort of pointing out how he is surprised bush didnt say the our father or something during a speech.

Julie
12-23-2004, 12:20 PM

Like my little 4 year old sister told me the other day after hearing our dad bitch about xmas:"It's not that he (Bush) doesn't like Xmas, it's Xmas that doesn't like him" (Sorry, that quote cracked me up for 10 minutes and it popped into my head when I read this and it somewhat seemed appropriate)

Noodles is gay
12-23-2004, 12:27 PM
Like my little 4 year old sister told me the other day after hearing our dad bitch about xmas:"It's not that he (Bush) doesn't like Xmas, it's Xmas that doesn't like him" (Sorry, that quote cracked me up for 10 minutes and it popped into my head when I read this and it somewhat seemed appropriate)

Yup, but does anything like Bush?

Maria
12-26-2004, 11:35 AM
you spelled "against" wrong.
it was a typo, so what

George W. Bush
12-26-2004, 01:11 PM
No I dont, i love xmas

its great :D

I got lots of presents two

plus it stands for what im ment to reprisent, them christian people

noodler
12-26-2004, 06:42 PM
well with with all the love bush gives Israel [quite indiscriminately i might add] maybe he does hate xmas, just to be in with Sharon and Co.

never heard of Saternalia but i know xmas was celebrated as a holiday from every year after Christ's birth. Albeit to verying degrees[Im doing a BA in History, im not just a liar]

Does everyone believe Bush is plain evil? I'd argue that he is just wrong. And digs himself deeper into a hole each time. Same with PM Blair, a thorughly nice guy, who thought supporting America at all costs was important for GB and now has found himself nearly as hated as Bush.

But I guess alot of leaders have to take responsibility.

I mean did ny1 know that even American troops land in Shannon Airport in REP. Of Ireland on an almost daily basis to refuel.

Our gov allows it cos, literally with the swipe of a pen, Bush could make half our population unemployed with the stroke of a pen as the MNC's would all leave. There have been mass demonstrations but as yet troops still land.

Im sure such things happen in many Countries, and altho im under no illussion that we are to blame in equal measure as the Uk and the USA Im still saying we all have[or had] our part to play.

Oh ya! Happy Xmas/Holidays to you all

greencows12
12-30-2004, 06:10 PM
bush considers himself a good cristian:
kill
lie
uhhhhhhhhhh?

bdexterholland
01-19-2005, 10:36 AM
hey I never understand i You put bush at white house again
he´s a war-maniac!!!!

MaaQhimself
03-12-2005, 04:39 AM
well with with all the love bush gives Israel [quite indiscriminately i might add] maybe he does hate xmas, just to be in with Sharon and Co.
but USA has always had some kind of allience with Israel, right?

and i agree with everyone who said religion and politics should never be mixed. but bush does that all the time. first he says hes filled by the holy spirit and that kinda stuff but then in the next sentence he raises his voice saying all those sons of bitches must be destroyed. bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity.

and by the was as i saw noodles posting here i wanna ask when are the offspring coming to finland?? next summer maybe? :P

dexterisMYman
03-12-2005, 08:26 AM
i dont think Bush is a born again nething. thats just my opinion.
n yes i think it is the real noodles.

Tired_Of_You
03-12-2005, 12:08 PM
Noodles are you the real Noodles? I mean... I didn't know any member of the Offspring cared a tinker's cuss about christianity...

By the by, isn't G.W.Bush a born-again christian? Presbyterian? You might want to delve into this question before answering... anyhow being christian orthodox myself I cannot begin to grasp what all these denominations mean. As for standing by Israel... well he might, for who else will? European countries rather eye Israel askance...

Maria
I've also heard about that. A born-again christian...
and yes, he's the real Noodles.

KappaWing
03-12-2005, 09:04 PM
You would be well advised to take up a language that people actually speak...

neilpilko
03-16-2005, 01:20 PM

is this actually noodles or someone prtending to be him for one and allso i agree with u even tho i live in the uk but its like this iraq war he should pull his troops out but he never will so what does tony blair do lick his ass cause he wants to show him that his good..... so r u noodles if yes what is the new guitar u play at the mo

bouncingcoles
03-21-2005, 04:03 PM

oh noodles, you are so so smart!!!

JohnnyNemesis
04-15-2005, 08:47 PM
Bush loves women though. (http://crapville.com/media_videos/obgynbush.wmv)

neocon58
04-15-2005, 10:29 PM
no, i think he just hates mouldy cunts