PDA

View Full Version : New Album (must hear!)

Dexter_H
10-31-2006, 11:25 PM
Frenzal Rhomb, the self-proclaimed "punkest band on Earth" have a new album. Even if you don't like the music, the titles a winner; "Forever Malcolm Young".

Since this wouldn't be released in most or your countries yet, you can download it (along with basically every other punk album) here:

http://app.dagi3d.net/foropunk/

Or direct link:
http://rapidshare.de/files/36985075/Frenzal_Rhomb_-_Forever_Malcom_Young__2006___up_d_by_farting_.zip .html

Endymion
10-31-2006, 11:31 PM
you fail beyond compare.

Dexter_H
10-31-2006, 11:48 PM
Ok, let's put things into perspective here. An album is released, which is considered very good by fans and new listeners alike. I figure not many people would have heard the album, so I post a thread and copy and paste what the band said in promo for the album, as well as post a link to download it.

You on the other hand, are obviously a geek who lives on his computer insulting people for apparently no reason. Do you do it to get back at the people who constantly teased you throughout your life? You see, you fail at life.

JohnnyNemesis
10-31-2006, 11:50 PM
you fail beyond compare.

Untrue; I got some good shit from that first link (more additions to my 88 Fingers Louie collection = very win!)

You on the other hand, are obviously a geek who lives on his computer insulting people for apparently no reason. Do you do it to get back at the people who constantly teased you throughout your life? You see, you fail at life.

...what the fuck? That made no sense.

Autonomist
10-31-2006, 11:57 PM
Frenzal Rhomb are fucking heaps good. I'll definitely find the time to download their new album, seeing as I'm probably seeing them in December.

Endymion
10-31-2006, 11:59 PM

yeah, that's me in a nutshell.

Dexter_H
11-01-2006, 12:13 AM
Untrue; I got some good shit from that first link (more additions to my 88 Fingers Louie collection = very win!)

...what the fuck? That made no sense.

The guy who uploaded all those albums is a champion, who apparently has a lot of free time.

..read it again, it makes sense.

Dexter_H
11-01-2006, 12:16 AM
Frenzal Rhomb are fucking heaps good. I'll definitely find the time to download their new album, seeing as I'm probably seeing them in December.

Which show? I'll be at the Uni Syd show. Anyone know if the Lawrence Arms are any good live? [they're the support]

XYlophonetreeZ
11-01-2006, 12:23 AM
Frenzal Rhomb, the self-proclaimed "punkest band on Earth"
Regardless of whether the music is good, you DO fail solely because not only did the band apparently say this, but you actually mentioned this WHILE whoring the band as if it were a GOOD thing. Instead of, ya know, a ridiculously laughable statement that all members of the band deserve to be made fun of for until they're in their 80s.

Dexter_H
11-01-2006, 12:27 AM
It's called sarcasm.

XYlophonetreeZ
11-01-2006, 12:53 AM
I considered that possibility, but I looked at their wikipedia page and it does indeed say that about them, without any justifying adverbs like "facetiously" or "jokingly."

Dexter_H
11-01-2006, 12:58 AM
The band is very sarcastic and has a sense of humour. Take nothing they say seriously. They call themselves the punkest band on Earth so as to annoy people. btw my opening paragraph of the thread was re-typed from a promotional email i got, so although I was promoting the band i was not "whoring" it....

Autonomist
11-01-2006, 01:59 AM
Which show? I'll be at the Uni Syd show. Anyone know if the Lawrence Arms are any good live? [they're the support]

Yeah, I'll be there too. Never heard The Lawrence Arms.

BuddyHolly
11-01-2006, 06:51 AM

In my opinion Lawrence Arms are even better then Frenzal Rhomb

mrconeman
11-01-2006, 07:43 AM
the self-proclaimed "punkest band on Earth"
Sarcastic or not, that's the most faggoted thing I've ever heard, and refuse to check them out

DeAtHsTaR
11-01-2006, 09:01 AM
Wow, love the link, it's got so many albums! Now I can catch up on my AFI collection.

Venom Symbiote
11-01-2006, 03:51 PM
As an Australian, one who's actually sane, I can say without a doubt that Frenzal Rhomb are perhaps one of the shittiest bands to rise out of the '90s. Ever.

Like, take the bad Austalian stuff of this decade, Jet and Wolfmother and such, multiply the retarded factor by 50, and you're still not close to Frenzal.

It doesn't help that when hillbillie "Aussies" use terms like 'heaps good' and 'champions' describing them. Fuck. You 'blokes' are so 'true blue', 'fuck me dead'. Just go and drown.

Disappointments.

These guys are just your typical "rebellious anti-Bush/Howard let's burn down the local McDonald's 'cause that'd be PUNK" douches. Who, again adding to the stereotypes, can barely play their instruments, Sex Pistols style.

Screw 'em.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
11-01-2006, 06:47 PM
Awesome link. Thanks.
--
The Lawrence Arms are on tour right now with Alkaline Trio, right? Wouldn't that make it a Falcon tour? I was going to see them on the tenth, but decided to save my money for Billy Talent merch.

Dexter_H
11-01-2006, 07:35 PM
As an Australian, one who's actually sane, I can say without a doubt that Frenzal Rhomb are perhaps one of the shittiest bands to rise out of the '90s. Ever.

Like, take the bad Austalian stuff of this decade, Jet and Wolfmother and such, multiply the retarded factor by 50, and you're still not close to Frenzal.

It doesn't help that when hillbillie "Aussies" use terms like 'heaps good' and 'champions' describing them. Fuck. You 'blokes' are so 'true blue', 'fuck me dead'. Just go and drown.

Disappointments.

These guys are just your typical "rebellious anti-Bush/Howard let's burn down the local McDonald's 'cause that'd be PUNK" douches. Who, again adding to the stereotypes, can barely play their instruments, Sex Pistols style.

Screw 'em.

Awesome link. Thanks.
--
The Lawrence Arms are on tour right now with Alkaline Trio, right? Wouldn't that make it a Falcon tour? I was going to see them on the tenth, but decided to save my money for Billy Talent merch.

@ "Venom Symbiote" That's your opinion, and the fact that you say they can barely play their instuments proves your opinions are obviously invalid. Lindsay is a very good guitarist and has toured with Me First and the Gimme Gimmes and NOFX when they're guitarists are absent. If you watched some live Frenzal Rhomb you would see his ability. Tom Crease (bass player for the last 2 Frenzal albums) is >= Lex (old bass player) which is exceptionally good. Gordy is also a god on drums. The lesson is every musician in frenzal is better than the equivalent in Offspring or most other punk bands. So shuttup unless you know what you are talking about.

@ "Nineteen Seventy Nine" no probs.. What's a Falcon tour? The Lawrence Arms won't be coming to Australia till December.

Venom Symbiote
11-01-2006, 11:17 PM
@ "Venom Symbiote" That's your opinion, and the fact that you say they can barely play their instuments proves your opinions are obviously invalid.

Obviously. :rolleyes:

Lindsay is a very good guitarist and has toured with Me First and the Gimme Gimmes and NOFX when they're guitarists are absent.

NoFX and Me First and the Gimme Gimmes have crap guitarists, too.

If you watched some live Frenzal Rhomb you would see his ability.

I've seen them live three times. They're pure and utter scrotum.

The lesson is every musician in frenzal is better than the equivalent in Offspring or most other punk bands.

Look, dude, if you're trying to be funny...

Autonomist
11-01-2006, 11:32 PM
Venom - As much as I like Frenzal Rhomb, the way you summed them up was so accurate it hurts.

Dexter_H
11-01-2006, 11:54 PM
NoFX and Me First and the Gimme Gimmes have crap guitarists, too.

Yeah, El Hefe and Chris Shifflet are really crap. They both put Noodles to shame (as much as I hate Shifflet). There is no denying that the members of Frenzal are all good musicians (apart from Jay, who reeks at guitar, thus hardly ever plays it live).

I've seen them live three times. They're pure and utter scrotum.

Apparently you saw them on different occasions to me.

DeAtHsTaR
11-01-2006, 11:56 PM
Yeah, El Hefe and Chris Shifflet are really crap. They both put Noodles to shame (as much as I hate Shifflet).
Are you saying El Hefe is better than Noodles?

Endymion
11-01-2006, 11:58 PM
Yeah, El Hefe and Chris Shifflet are really crap. They both put Noodles to shame (as much as I hate Shifflet). There is no denying that the members of Frenzal are all good musicians (apart from Jay, who reeks at guitar, thus hardly ever plays it live).

yes there is. they suck. they all suck. in fact, all pop-punk musicians suck. this is not an opinion, this is a fact.

Dexter_H
11-02-2006, 12:00 AM
El Hefe was a jazz musician prior to NOFX. He's the reason for such songs as "Straight Edge".

And yes, Hefe is better than Noodles.

Endymion
11-02-2006, 12:15 AM
nofx is one of the single worst bands in existence, you're not lending much credibility to your already asinine position.

coke_a_holic
11-02-2006, 12:23 AM
Hey guys, I'm trying to decide which is better, human feces or dog feces. I mean, they're both feces and they both smell awful, but one has to be better than the other, right?

Revolver-2005?
11-02-2006, 04:42 AM
I don't like Frenzal Rhomb, they annoy me.

DeAtHsTaR
11-02-2006, 08:05 AM
yes there is. they suck. they all suck. in fact, all pop-punk musicians suck. this is not an opinion, this is a fact.

Is that why Dave Baksh is in a classical metal band now?

Endymion
11-02-2006, 08:19 AM
Is that why Dave Baksh is in a classical metal band now?

yes, exactly.

JohnnyNemesis
11-02-2006, 08:29 AM
I like that I got Billy Talent's self-titled from there, and some other stuff.

All I've heard from Frenzal Rhomb is the song they contributed to the Short Music for Short People CD, which was one of the best songs on there (Samiam's "Long Enough to Forget You" was easily the best on there holy shit it's amazing).

Venom Symbiote
11-02-2006, 03:37 PM
Shiflett is the dude from the Foo Fighters, right? Better than Noodles? Haha. Hahaha. Hoo-hah. Heh heh. Tee hee hee.

Nope.

El Hefe is a competent "punx rawkz" guitarist. ie. He's good at playing punk rock. Bar chords. Whoo.

Dave Baksh, the Indian dude from Sum 41? Pssh. Everyone knows he likes metal. And I'm sure he can play it, as well as a pop-punker possibly could. Within his limitations of suck.

Metal = Jon Shaffer. Metal = Dave Mustaine. Metal = Michael Amott.

Not fucking Dave Baksh.