PDA

View Full Version : I've waited far too long for an update

endlesst0m
11-01-2006, 05:42 PM
I'm getting really anxious and hearing news about a fucking pumpkin doesn't hold me over. I know I should try to be more patient and understand that it takes time to write and record an album, but at the same time I feel like they could at least give us something new to read about by now. I really was expecting the album to be out by now(3 years since Splinter), but they don't even have a tentative release date yet.

Is anyone getting really anxious like I am?

mrconeman
11-01-2006, 05:44 PM
Yeah, everybody else over in the official new Offspring album thread.

German Andres
11-01-2006, 05:56 PM
I'm getting really anxious and hearing news about a fucking pumpkin doesn't hold me over. I know I should try to be more patient and understand that it takes time to write and record an album, but at the same time I feel like they could at least give us something new to read about by now. I really was expecting the album to be out by now(3 years since Splinter), but they don't even have a tentative release date yet.

Yeah, I feel the same. Can`t wait anymore...

endlesst0m
11-01-2006, 06:02 PM
Yeah, I feel the same. Can`t wait anymore...

I feel like I'm going to blowup. I remember in the beggining of the summer I thought, "Man, waiting three whole years for another CD sucks, but I can handle it". But now, it's already been three years, and not only is the ablum not out, but there's hardly any info on the album at all! It just keeps getting worse and worse. I know I sound like a baby writing this, but I felt like it was time to express my extreme anxiety with other fans.

mrconeman
11-01-2006, 06:16 PM
Jesus Christ.
Theres an official thread for this trivial shit, theres plenty of information on the album, they are in writing and recording stages, and it has a release date set for some time in the first quarter of '07, what the fuck more to do you want?

sythen
11-01-2006, 06:34 PM
splinter has only been out in australia for 2 years and the albums come out every 2 years not 3
:D

Floyd the Barber
11-01-2006, 07:15 PM
it has a release date set for some time in the first quarter of '07

Says who? I haven't seen that confirmed anywhere, and I've been checking.

Although a first quarter '07 release is possible, I think second quarter (April-June) is becoming more likely given the lack of news.

Yeah, it's been a while since we've gotten any new info, but be patient. I'd be very surprised if there wasn't some new announcement by the end of the year.

endlesst0m
11-01-2006, 07:19 PM
Jesus Christ.
Theres an official thread for this trivial shit, theres plenty of information on the album, they are in writing and recording stages, and it has a release date set for some time in the first quarter of '07, what the fuck more to do you want?

Did you visit this site often in the months leading up to the release of Splinter? There was WAY more updates and interviews and stuff. And I definatly wouldn't say there's "plenty" of information, but that's just me.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
11-01-2006, 07:20 PM
I feel like I'm going to blowup. I remember in the beggining of the summer I thought, "Man, waiting three whole years for another CD sucks, but I can handle it". But now, it's already been three years, and not only is the ablum not out, but there's hardly any info on the album at all! It just keeps getting worse and worse. I know I sound like a baby writing this, but I felt like it was time to express my extreme anxiety with other fans.

Actually, it'll be 3 years December 9th. At least in America.

HeadAroundU
11-01-2006, 07:23 PM
They didn't even hit the studio maybe. So calm down.

Dexter_H
11-01-2006, 07:27 PM
splinter has only been out in australia for 2 years and the albums come out every 2 years not 3

Fool of a took.

mrconeman
11-01-2006, 08:03 PM
Says who? I haven't seen that confirmed anywhere, and I've been checking.

Now that you mention it, I think you're right, I'm certain I read that on these forums and just took it for fact I guess. The release date does seem likely though, given the average timeline for writing/recording for bands.

Did you visit this site often in the months leading up to the release of Splinter? There was WAY more updates and interviews and stuff. And I definatly wouldn't say there's "plenty" of information, but that's just me.
That still doesn't justify this thread, especially as there has been billions of this exact thread, most of which were closed by moderators. Besides which, other than the fact that Dexter himself posted that they are in the studio demoing songs, what the hell else can they tell us?

zacsta
11-01-2006, 11:05 PM
a name of one of the songs? so we could all have something new to swap ridiculous theories and arguments about.
or maybe a possible name for the album? i dont know, ANYTHING

Acoustic1804
11-01-2006, 11:17 PM

Don't spread bullshit

mrconeman
11-01-2006, 11:17 PM
That's not going to bring the album any closer to completion, or any closer to release.
And still there is already a thread for this kind of thing.

Venom Symbiote
11-01-2006, 11:44 PM
Splinter was released in Australia December of 2003. I know that because I bought it first day, the week after getting back from Schoolie's. '03. Almost 3 years.

And while there's nothing official confirming the release date, they were in the studio demoing songs as of early October. Chances are they'll be recording full completed songs by late November/early December. I'd give it another 2 or 3 months from then minimum.

So, yes, unless you're completely retarded, February/March sounds about right for a release. At the earliest. I'd say May at the very very latest.

Although, if it's in May, they're one of Columbia's biggest signings, maybe they'd end up on the Spiderman 3 soundtrack since all of those bands are Columbia groups. Spiderman 3 + Venom + The Offspring, that almost makes me want it released later, around then. Combination opportunity of a lifetime.

I'm guessing March.

But fuck, all of you quit your bitching. It's a long wait, but it's an Offspring album. Of course it's worth the wait. You'll all be buying it the first day it's in stores, so go fuck yourselves. It's released when it's released.

Which, logically, will be March-May 2007. More likely towards the early end of that timespan, but possibly later.

thecavedog
11-02-2006, 01:28 AM

No I dont feel the same. These guys are my heroes and I'm quite happy waiting for them to do thier best work.:cool:

Hypodermic_89
11-02-2006, 02:12 AM
We have no updates because the band is actually RECORDING the album right now. And maybe they're really busy with their new producer? Maybe Bob Rock is like "No fuck the website! You can write a shitload of news when the album is finished!". And maybe the band is really into the CD. Maybe they like it so much that they wanna take their time and release it when it's a REAL Offspring cd.

Who knows?

zacsta
11-02-2006, 02:59 AM
wtf? why does everyone on this forum seem to hear "i want some news" as "i wish they would fucking hurry up and finnish the album"

darea
11-02-2006, 04:11 AM
We have no updates because the band is actually RECORDING the album right now. And maybe they're really busy with their new producer? Maybe Bob Rock is like "No fuck the website! You can write a shitload of news when the album is finished!". And maybe the band is really into the CD. Maybe they like it so much that they wanna take their time and release it when it's a REAL Offspring cd.

Who knows?

I also think you can be impatient but we all just gotta wait because getting impatient wont change anything, the longer we wait means the best the album will be. If they just like... hurry up with an album it might be as good as if they take their time to make it really really kick ass. SO just be patient

randman21
11-02-2006, 06:45 AM
wtf? why does everyone on this forum seem to hear "i want some news" as "i wish they would fucking hurry up and finnish the album"
I wonder this myself. I really don't care when the album comes out. I'd just like to hear some news about it. Any kind of news, really.

Zee
11-02-2006, 07:57 AM
Well, there are some bands that are really fan friendly so that they put stuff, updates, journals, pictures and what not on their website all the time and then there are some less active bands on this sector like The Offspring has become in a last few years. The amount of news and updates used to be great at the Americana and Conspiracy era, really damn great.

But still you really can't blame them, it's not their duty or something they should really do, but sometimes you think some more updates would be appreciated. It's just would be all plus for us of course, but I understand them. Their band is not their whole life at this point at all, it might be hard just to sit down and write a decent and meaningful journal... I bet all the fans would like to hear more of the band, but I wouldn't get angry or complain about it... it's better just to think that whatever updates on the site comes it's all only a plus.

The-Offspring-RuLe
11-02-2006, 09:20 AM
Well i hope the lack of Updates will show in the album, and maybe come as an extra as 'The Making Of The New Album' or something like that, but a little insight as to how many songs are done, just something to keep us going wouldn't go astray. But ah well i'd rather them take the two minutes needed to post something to be put into a song, really.

clocks_R_slow
11-02-2006, 09:56 AM
settle..:rolleyes:
thats all i have to say

F@ BANKZ
11-02-2006, 10:23 AM
I wish it was out yes but i'm not getting anxious, maybe because i've only been a fan for a year and a bit so i guess i havn't had to wait as long as you guys. But all the same, you gotta have patience because...
a) The band probably don't give a shit now they're working on it.
b) I'm fairly certain that the more they work on it the better it will be, the last thing they need at this stage in their carrears is another album which attracts as much critisism as Splinter.
c) After 3 years whats another couple of months (ok that one doesn't count)

rlplaymaker
11-02-2006, 11:58 AM

Australia Sucks.......

Venom Symbiote
11-02-2006, 04:25 PM

Because your mum chews fat donkey dick all day long. That's why. Slutcake.

Look, people, we'll get the album when we get the album. We'll get the updates when there's something to update. Like someone else said, it's not their duty, they don't owe us shit. They owe us good music, and they provide. Nothing more. They're goddamn rockstars, not P.R. reps.

When they have something to give us, they will. I'll bet in a week or two we'll have another journal, if only because of all you cunt-faces dribbling your acidic complaints of testicleness everywhere all the time. Patience is a virtue. Now go get a job or something, do your homework or whatever, watch a movie or two, keep busy. The time will go quicker that way.

But Christ On A Stick, quit pissing and moaning about it.

Camilamazed
11-02-2006, 05:47 PM
Well, I used to get anxious to get an update (I actually take a look at the main page everyday) but Now I don't care. If it is an update to say they're working on songs, this is something everyone knows.

So, If there is an update, then It should be the CD releasing dates.

78 Water
11-02-2006, 07:54 PM
Don't get your hopes too high for the new album. If it sucks, you will feel like commiting suicide.

The band has to record songs and do a bunch of other stuff, and this takes a very long time. They don't have much time to update the website, and they are probably tired a lot.

Also, maybe they want it to be a suprise. So they don't spoil everything for us.

HeadAroundU
11-02-2006, 08:34 PM
We'll get the updates when there's something to update.
Yup..........!

RageAndLov
11-03-2006, 10:23 AM
Yeah, everybody else over in the official new Offspring album thread.

good one:D

endlesst0m
11-03-2006, 02:04 PM
Because your mum chews fat donkey dick all day long. That's why. Slutcake.

Look, people, we'll get the album when we get the album. We'll get the updates when there's something to update. Like someone else said, it's not their duty, they don't owe us shit. They owe us good music, and they provide. Nothing more. They're goddamn rockstars, not P.R. reps.

When they have something to give us, they will. I'll bet in a week or two we'll have another journal, if only because of all you cunt-faces dribbling your acidic complaints of testicleness everywhere all the time. Patience is a virtue. Now go get a job or something, do your homework or whatever, watch a movie or two, keep busy. The time will go quicker that way.

But Christ On A Stick, quit pissing and moaning about it.

Oh yeah? Well I sincerely hope that it's like 50 years before the CD comes out and the site is updated, and after 50 years you make a thread like this one wondering where the updates are, and then I'll be like "GEEZ Venom Symbiote, LET'S BE A LITTLE MORE MATURE AND PATIENT HERE. COMPLAINING WON'T DO ANYTHING".

Llamas
11-03-2006, 02:33 PM
I sincerely hope that none of us will be posting here in 50 years. and hello, the band won't still be together then.

anyway, shut up. seriously. I'm not sure if you're bitching that they haven't updated, or that they haven't finished it. if you're mad that they're not updating, GET OVER IT. they update far more than most bands. stop being so obnoxiously obsessed and find something else to worry about in your life.

Tigger Army
11-03-2006, 03:00 PM
I sincerely hope that none of us will be posting here in 50 years. and hello, the band won't still be together then.

anyway, shut up. seriously. I'm not sure if you're bitching that they haven't updated, or that they haven't finished it. if you're mad that they're not updating, GET OVER IT. they update far more than most bands. stop being so obnoxiously obsessed and find something else to worry about in your life.

I do sincerely hope the new album won't be released within 50 years concidering it will be a disappointment again anyway.

Anyway though you're right, it's no use replying to a message as such concidering someone posting stuff like that won't see your point anyway

Dr Appetite
11-05-2006, 07:04 PM
In due time my friends. In due time, you rush it then it will suck.

Lord_Gabo
11-07-2006, 11:19 AM
Hey guys! Be quiet and wait with patience.. i'm not so anxious...

...I enter in this site 3 time every day until last agoust....

pleaaaaaseeeeeeeeeee write somethiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!

offspring dude
11-07-2006, 11:21 AM
Hey guys! Be quiet and wait with patience.. i'm not so anxious...
and then.....

pleaaaaaseeeeeeeeeee write somethiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!

makes sense doesn't it?

bouncingcoles
11-07-2006, 04:34 PM
im so sick of waiting! i need another update! i cant take it anymore!

endlesst0m
11-17-2006, 07:10 AM
Update Is Here!

HeadAroundU
11-17-2006, 07:26 AM
No need to bump your cry-baby thread.

78 Water
11-17-2006, 08:49 AM
Yeah, seriously, The Offspring don't need to update us on everything. And you bumped a pointless, annyoing thread.

endlesst0m
11-17-2006, 11:42 AM
Yeah, seriously, The Offspring don't need to update us on everything. Yeah they do.

And you bumped a pointless, annyoing thread. Your moms fat.

Jeff316
11-17-2006, 12:00 PM
It's pretty fucking hard when atom is out with angels and airwaves and Josh freeze is in 2 other bands.But I wouldn't expect a new cd until at the least fall of 2007.There just doing demos right now.