PDA

View Full Version : The feeling when you listen to the first track of a brand new offspring album

wazzup22
11-02-2006, 01:43 AM
When i listen to the first track of an offspring album i get the feeling of relief and just forget everything around me.

P.S. I don't care how many people think this thread is stupid, it's just somthing different and relates to the new album at the same time.

zacsta
11-02-2006, 03:27 AM
well, i have never experienced that because i havnt actually been an offspring fan while a new offspring album has been released. thats cos i have only been an offspring fan since '04, but please do not think that lessens my liking for the offpsring.
but i still sorta know what your getting at, sometimes i try to imagine listening to the new offspring album for the first time and feeling all releived and awesome. yeh.

FOXMAN
11-02-2006, 03:30 AM
I don't know how to describe this feeling, but is absolutely perfect!! :)

darea
11-02-2006, 04:04 AM
Yeah I feel really happy when I listen to a new offspring album, I just lay down and relaxm favourite easy chair, favourite drink, lay down and just enjoy the music (like in the intro to smash)> I just forget everything that's going around me and just listen to the whole album a couple of times, it's just such a great feeling....

randman21
11-02-2006, 06:47 AM
'Tis a nice feeling, although I've only been a fan since March, '05.

Hypodermic_89
11-02-2006, 08:07 AM
It's like being a kid and getting a new bike. Coolest bike on the block. You're like "This is it.. This kicks ass!!!1". Frikkin' best feeling ever. =)

JohnnyNemesis
11-02-2006, 08:44 AM
I've listened to the band for 12 years now, and the feeling I get is still one of extreme excitement. It helps that, for the most part, the first real song on each album since Ixnay have been among my all time faves: The Meaning of Life, Have You Ever, Come Out Swinging, and The Noose.

leibstandarte109
11-02-2006, 08:50 AM
Their first tracks have always been pretty good.

leo3375
11-02-2006, 08:51 AM
For me, it's the fact that the wait is over and now I've got something new. I put on my headphones, open up the liner notes, and follow along, paying close attention to each song. That first one always gets me excited at the beginning and by the end of the song I've got an opinion starting to form about it.

randman21
11-02-2006, 09:00 AM
If the first song on an Offspring album is really good, I'm usually in a continual state of euphoria throughout the whole thing, thus increasing my enjoyment of the following songs.

And if the first one on the new album makes me feel anything like "Nitro [Youth Energy]" did when I first heard it, I could barely ask for more.

clocks_R_slow
11-02-2006, 09:45 AM
:rolleyes: well really anytime i hear the Offspring i get really excited!! even when a song comes on the radio, i still scream ":eek: YES!! FUCKING RIGHT!!!WOOT!!" so when i hear a new album.. you could only imagine how much i am bouncing off the walls!!:D

:cool: cant wait till the next album comes out!!

randman21
11-02-2006, 09:54 AM
:rolleyes: well really anytime i hear the Offspring i get really excited!! even when a song comes on the radio, i still scream ":eek: YES!! FUCKING RIGHT!!!WOOT!!"

Haha, I thought I was the only one. Although, it's mostly when I hear one of their songs in a movie (radio stations don't play 'em here:mad: ).

F@ BANKZ
11-02-2006, 10:38 AM
Not knowing what it's like, i can only assume it will take a while to take it in as most things do for my slow slooow self

offspring dude
11-02-2006, 11:06 AM
When i first hear an offspring album, for example americana, i just lie down and concentrate on the music and it gives me such amazing feelings, it makes me very relaxed and also exited and hyper at the same time. It is quite hard to describe really but it is an awesome thing

mrconeman
11-02-2006, 11:48 AM
I've been listening to them for close to 8 years, so I've only been able to anticipate since after Americana, it is a brilliant feeling when you finally get home from buying it, tear off that plastic stuff and push it into the CD player.
Usually helped by the fact that they have up-beat exciting openers for the albums most of the time.
So yeah, good feeling all round.

Hypodermic_89
11-02-2006, 01:00 PM
It's like....... Great :D

Dexter_H
11-02-2006, 03:10 PM
It helps that, for the most part, the first real song on each album since Ixnay have been among my all time faves: The Meaning of Life, Have You Ever, Come Out Swinging, and The Noose.

This is true.

Venom Symbiote
11-02-2006, 04:31 PM
Fuck I feel sorry for you people who have only gotten into The Offspring with Splinter. Poor, poor people.

But yeah, "Lightning Rod" was the first song (aside from "Hit That" and "Da Hui" of course) I heard from Splinter, I gave in and downloaded one MP3 just to tide me over the remaining week at the time until release. I was blown away by it, needless to say.

Too bad fate had it that I downloaded the best track, and none of the rest lived up to it.

Fucking whore astrologists, mocking me.

Camilamazed
11-02-2006, 05:35 PM
I've listened to the band for 12 years now.

11 years here, whoa

Before the internet I had to wait the MTV tells us news about brand-new CDs and stuff. Then, I right away headed toward a Cd store to get them.

I couldn't help listening to AI, Can't Repeat & Next to you and So-called chaos (Alanis) before they were released. When I got the CD there was no surprise because I knew what I was going to listen.

I'm definitely doing different this time. I'm only going to listen to the new CD when it's in stores. Much better than listening to it on the internet.

:)

Jizzy Jeff Punk Man
11-03-2006, 03:43 PM
In '03, my friend gave me this CD that he didn't want anymore. It was The Offspring's "Splinter". I listened to it everyday for like a year and The Noose, of course being the opening track, was my favorite. Got their other albums, fell in love them over again each time, and now they're my favorite band.

Venom Symbiote
11-03-2006, 06:08 PM
Heh, n00bz.

SkunkIt
11-03-2006, 07:03 PM
Honestly, I don't even know what the new Offspring album is called or If I even wanna buy It. Although, I still like them and ever since I heard some live recordings of the band, I don't think I wanna see them in concert, although I've already tried to see them three times, but crap always came up. However, recently I've been craving listening to Americana alot and I just love the introduction for that.

Venom Symbiote
11-03-2006, 08:02 PM
Honestly, I don't even know what the new Offspring album is called

Nobody does, you slut.

clocks_R_slow
11-04-2006, 08:36 AM
Nobody does, you slut.

hahahhaHAHAH:D

Pena
11-04-2006, 09:36 AM
I always have that to accustom me when I listen the first song of a new album because I know Offspring since 94 and in each album have a different thing.

In the end, I finish very liking!

German Andres
11-04-2006, 11:00 AM
Yeah I feel really happy when I listen to a new offspring album, I just lay down and relaxm favourite easy chair, favourite drink, lay down and just enjoy the music (like in the intro to smash)> I just forget everything that's going around me and just listen to the whole album a couple of times, it's just such a great feeling....

Yeah, I feel the same...

noodles_is_cool
11-04-2006, 11:15 PM
Nobody does, you slut.

lol, best call in ages

SkunkIt
11-05-2006, 12:24 AM
Noodles is cool, you think I deserved to be called me a slut, because I said I don't know what the new album is called? In that case, yeah. I am a slut. In fact, me and your hooker mom are quite the tag team. Too bad she didn't have that rusty spear abortion, now she's stuck with you. Perhaps you should get a job at a fast food joint, so when your head is turned around, someone can just shove your head in the deep fryer, cut off your genetials and then burn you and piss on the ashes.

The other two, I also barely know, but for some reason, you seem to dislike me more than they do. They may be stupid, but they are not as stupid as you.

Venom Symbiote
11-05-2006, 12:49 AM
lol, best call in ages

You're just as bad, maybe worse (SkunkIt can type), so don't make me turn my attention towards you. Asshat.

Best "call"? I hate that, "best call". "Call"? Lame. "Fricken Australia mate"? Worse.

Burn burn motherfucking burn.

ANYWAY, back to the topic at hand. The first track off the new album released shall be awesome-o. And we shall all wait with baited breath for the next couple of months. Then celebrate, yelling "huzzah!" and eating cookies.

noodles_is_cool
11-05-2006, 02:36 PM
You're just as bad, maybe worse (SkunkIt can type), so don't make me turn my attention towards you. Asshat.

Best "call"? I hate that, "best call". "Call"? Lame. "Fricken Australia mate"? Worse.

Burn burn motherfucking burn.

ANYWAY, back to the topic at hand. The first track off the new album released shall be awesome-o. And we shall all wait with baited breath for the next couple of months. Then celebrate, yelling "huzzah!" and eating cookies.

eh, now you are just showin off.

noodles_is_cool
11-05-2006, 02:45 PM
Noodles is cool, you think I deserved to be called me a slut, because I said I don't know what the new album is called? In that case, yeah. I am a slut. In fact, me and your hooker mom are quite the tag team. Too bad she didn't have that rusty spear abortion, now she's stuck with you. Perhaps you should get a job at a fast food joint, so when your head is turned around, someone can just shove your head in the deep fryer, cut off your genetials and then burn you and piss on the ashes.

The other two, I also barely know, but for some reason, you seem to dislike me more than they do. They may be stupid, but they are not as stupid as you.

lol, nice effort. *peacefully drinkin a beer* how can people be bothered?

Venom Symbiote
11-05-2006, 03:04 PM
Quiet, ye.

German Andres
11-05-2006, 05:09 PM
When i listen to the first track of an offspring album i get the feeling of relief and just forget everything around me.

P.S. I don't care how many people think this thread is stupid, it's just somthing different and relates to the new album at the same time.

I feel like I am shuting the mouth of all the people who say that all Offspring songs sound the same!!:D

The Offspring rocks

Ninty Man
11-05-2006, 09:53 PM
When i first hear an offspring album, for example americana, i just lie down and concentrate on the music and it gives me such amazing feelings, it makes me very relaxed and also exited and hyper at the same time. It is quite hard to describe really but it is an awesome thing

I second this... And i try to follow the battery on air.. (yeah people in bus think I'm a nut guy or something)

noodles_is_cool
11-06-2006, 04:57 AM
fuck, i dont meditate over it or anything i just listen and enjoy.

The Noose
11-06-2006, 10:08 AM
I have the feeling it's alright to act giddy-kiddy again even though I'm a teenager. I'll walk around the house and show my family how excited I am.

Marco
11-06-2006, 10:58 AM
I just have my ears open and listen to it very, very, very carefully! And of course I'm overjoyed...

Venom Symbiote
11-06-2006, 03:07 PM
I perform Satanic rituals and drink root beer.

Biggest offspring fan
11-06-2006, 04:25 PM
You guys should just know the feeling when you just won the action on dexters sneakers i just cant describe it, and i would probarbly never get that feeling again. Ofcourse i looooooove when a knew album comes out i gets so exited but that's also too hard to explain.

Llamas
11-06-2006, 05:56 PM
why does it matter when you became a fan? you still bought the albums and had your first time listening to it... I got americana first in 1998, only knowing why don't you and pretty fly. I listened to the album every day for a couple months before buying ixnay which excited me even more... a few days later I got ignition, which I didn't like as much as ixnay, but it solidified that they were my new favorite band. Then I got smash, which I was excited for because of "self esteem".. and the self titled came last, which wasn't my thing at the time, but I loved "beheaded".

then came co1, which my sister in law bought me, and we listened to it in the car... she thought "original prankster" was funny... it was hard to really soak it in, though, because I wasn't at home.

then for splinter, I pre-ordered it, not knowing it would be the edited version... so when I got it, I was really upset (and definitely NOT about to buy it again just for the unedited version...) but I put it on repeat the entire rest of the day.

I'm fairly excited for the new album. I think it will be better than Splinter, because I think the band reads this board enough and knows that people overwhelmingly didn't like how short it was and such. I'll buy it right away (no pre-ordering this time), and I'm going to try not to listen to any songs ahead of time (with splinter, I'd heard the noose, never gonna find me, and hit that ahead of time).

JohnnyNemesis
11-06-2006, 06:10 PM
I really enjoyed Splinter, so I hope the new album continues with the growth they showed on some tracks and ditch the generic alternarock (Race Against Myself) and a few silly songs. I don't care much for Spare me the Details, but it was quite popular, so I wouldn't blame them for going in that direction.

Camilamazed
11-06-2006, 06:19 PM
I think it will be better than Splinter, because I think the band reads this board enough and knows that people overwhelmingly didn't like how short it was and such.

That's what I think from the very beggining, when They said they were working on new stuff.

thecavedog
11-07-2006, 01:20 AM
It's awesome and wierd at the same time - the feeling you get the day you wake up and go to the store to buy the new ulbum. You get into the store, you try not to look too exited (but you are fucking exited)... You walk around scoping out the place looking for that mighty offspring shelf... You find it... You take a good look at it, read the tracks on it and (almost) run to the check-out... You give the money with a anxious smile on your face cause you just want to get to your car to pop that sucker in and crank up the volume...

... good thread! very original:cool:

Venom Symbiote
11-07-2006, 03:25 AM
You listen to an Offspring album for the first time while driving?

Pssh, shows your lack of dedication! Any true Offspring fan would lose concentration due to the awesomeness, and crash into a ditch.

Poser!

I'm not even sure whether or not I'm being sarcastic anymore. :( *sigh*

thecavedog
11-07-2006, 04:25 AM
Hope you were tying to make a joke... I'm going to try not to revert to swearing here even though you just called me a poser. What do you even know about me??? Come on man. I didn’t say that I went off and drove while listening to the cd.

I get in the car and crank up the volume! (The car stays stationary) I keep my eyes closed, only opening them to read the title of the next song. Then, when the cd is done, I play it from the start again while reading the lyrics... Only (and ONLY) then do I start the car and drive off listening to my new AWESOME offspring cd.

I take it you think you think you are a hard core offspring fan, hey?

Now apologize.

PS. How old are you any way?

EDIT: F*ckit, you are 20 are you? Blows my mind.

HeadAroundU
11-07-2006, 06:44 AM
It's a crime to listen the new offspring album in a car for the first time. ;)

thecavedog
11-07-2006, 07:09 AM
you dont know my car!

The sound is WAY better than my home hi-fi and what offspring fan can wait to listen to the new cd if they've got it with them and somewhere good to play it?!?!?!!!!

piss off

HeadAroundU
11-07-2006, 07:43 AM
Hey, don't piss off. :)

Where do you park your car when you are listening the new offy? Like in front of the shop or something special?

bouncingcoles
11-07-2006, 04:40 PM
listening to offsprings new material is going to be a life changing event for me!

Llamas
11-07-2006, 05:01 PM
most of you are ridiculous... it's a cd. it's music. yes, I love it to death. Yes, I'll learn all the words to all the songs. but even the most amazing music in the world I'll listen to in the car. Why do I need to wait? What if I'm not going home and can't listen to it for the rest of the day? I'd rather listen to it right away. I don't see what the big deal is with that.

Ninty Man
11-07-2006, 08:15 PM
most of you are ridiculous... it's a cd. it's music. yes, I love it to death. Yes, I'll learn all the words to all the songs. but even the most amazing music in the world I'll listen to in the car. Why do I need to wait? What if I'm not going home and can't listen to it for the rest of the day? I'd rather listen to it right away. I don't see what the big deal is with that.

MMM... yeah she has a point

thecavedog
11-08-2006, 01:20 AM
hear hear!