PDA

View Full Version : Funny or Tasteless?

Nina
11-02-2006, 03:14 PM
I'd be interested in non-immature thoughts on this.

The death of a person who died not long ago as a Halloween costume:

http://i14.tinypic.com/3yfi5c6.jpg
Bill Maher

I personally wouldnt mind TOO much if it wasnt that early. I mean didnt it happen like a month ago? Give the family a goddamn break.

Duskygrin
11-02-2006, 03:17 PM
Tacky. In addition, the guy's a munt.

HornyPope
11-02-2006, 03:21 PM
Who fucking cares?

It's a parody of a south park episode btw. It goes like this (for those who didn't see). There's a party on earth and all the hell dwellers are invited. Suddenly the Devil spots someone wearing a Steve Irwin costume, so he approachs him and says "not cool man, way too soon", only to find out it's Irwin himself. I totally lol'ed.

Nina
11-02-2006, 03:23 PM
I havent seen it but I heard from it and it didnt bother me much.
And I never understand "WHO CARES?!??!" comments, cuz frankly you care at least enough to reply to this topic. Forums are there to discuss things, people can choose what they wanna discuss about, we'll see how this goes, thank u & goodbye.

Duskygrin
11-02-2006, 03:24 PM
no I thought he meant who cares if the family etc... & also who cares if it's tacky

just an assumption

Nina
11-02-2006, 03:26 PM
If that is the case, then I made a comment about the family so obviously I for one care to some extent. Still think it's a stupid statement :P

HornyPope
I don't have to care to reply, I do it cause I want to.

TheUnholyNightbringer
I don't see why it's too early. I don't see why there should be a period of mourning at all. Sure, he was a cool guy, RIP and all that, but did any of us know him IRL? Nope.

Apathy
11-02-2006, 03:28 PM
I don't know much about who that is, but it seems like a shitty thing to do.

Think about it, what if his daughter sees that? It's essentially making fun of the fact that her father is dead.

The cheeky fucker.

Nina
11-02-2006, 03:28 PM
I dont think any of us knew him, but his family did. Imagine seeing some guy in a costume that obviously represents your dad's death, grinning and trying to be funny. It's just a thought, really.

Edit: Yeah. Didnt see Apathy's post.

no_way
11-02-2006, 03:29 PM
I don't know if I can call myself immature or non-immature. I never ever liked South Park, and none of their jokes.

I never had any kind of serious "respect" with dead people, mainly because of the fact that they're dead. To people around them I do, because it's a hard phase, to let go. It would be a bad taste joke for some people but what matters is what the person there feels. And the answer is clearly nothing because as already said and known, he is dead.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-02-2006, 03:31 PM
Alright, what if she does? Yes, that would suck. Most Halloween costumes have something to do with death, should we not wear them incase it reminds someone of their relative's death?

I don't understand why we should be sympathetic to someone we never knew and never will know.

Duskygrin
11-02-2006, 03:31 PM
as for being funny... yeah, the guy's ugliness is kinda funny. the rest, meh, he deserved to be slapped.

Nina
11-02-2006, 03:32 PM
It would be a bad taste joke for some people but what matters is what the person there feels. And the answer is clearly nothing because as already said and known, he is dead.

Elaborate please? cause I dont understand. Why does only Maher matter?

Nina
11-02-2006, 03:33 PM
I don't understand why we should be sympathetic to someone we never knew and never will know.

Alright then. I guess we both have to agree that we have different aspects of social behaviour. Because I dont see how a ghost and a rl-person are comparable.

Apathy
11-02-2006, 03:34 PM
I don't know if I can call myself immature or non-immature. I never ever liked South Park, and none of their jokes.

I never had any kind of serious "respect" with dead people, mainly because of the fact that they're dead. To people around them I do, because it's a hard phase, to let go. It would be a bad taste joke for some people but what matters is what the person there feels. And the answer is clearly nothing because as already said and known, he is dead.

All the more reason not to do something like that, I'd say.

and haha At "non-immature".

Edit:

Most Halloween costumes have something to do with death, should we not wear them incase it reminds someone of their relative's death?
Those halloween costumes are non-specific. A skeleton or a zombie does not equal "haha, your dad's dead!" which is essentially what Mahers costume was putting forward.

no_way
11-02-2006, 03:35 PM
Because he's the one being offended/satirized. Maybe it's unfair for the daughter or some other relative, but those things have always happened and people might have to deal with them anyway.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-02-2006, 03:36 PM
I think the key point here is not that he died and we're making jokes, but that he seemed like a nice guy. If in 1946 someone made a Hitler costume with a gunshot wound on the head, I can't see anyone going up to him and saying "Not cool, man. Too soon."

HornyPope
If it was my father, i'd be upset. If it's someone else's father, I don't give a shit. There are much worse things in life, and I only have so much sympathy to give.

Nina
no_way: Oh, I thought you meant the guy in the costume. I think I misread. Nevermind.

Nina
11-02-2006, 03:38 PM
I think the key point here is not that he died and we're making jokes, but that he seemed like a nice guy. If in 1946 someone made a Hitler costume with a gunshot wound on the head, I can't see anyone going up to him and saying "Not cool, man. Too soon."

Maybe. That's an interesting way of seeing it. I didnt think about it but I think it's true for me.

Edit: I guess it has to do with the fact that he didnt really...DO anything, you know? Hitler killed people. That guy didnt. I couldnt really know whether he was nice or not.

no_way
11-02-2006, 03:39 PM

Well that "he seemed like a nice guy" is a very subjective position IMO. Anyone can "seem like a nice guy" but 1: people are complex and 2: None of us know him at all.

Duskygrin
11-02-2006, 03:40 PM
did anybody laugh at the pic? I mean, I can't imagine anybody laughing at that.

Halloween has pretty much degenerated since the time ppl dressed in witches' outfits :(

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-02-2006, 03:40 PM
Hence my use of the word "seemed". I didn't know him any more than you did.

HornyPope
11-02-2006, 03:41 PM
Besides, what did that man ever do? Did he do anything besides working with animals in front of a cameras for money? That's nothing special in my book, it's way faaar from putting someone in the above reproach cattegory.

Nina
11-02-2006, 03:46 PM
I didnt even KNOW him before he died.
I personally dont think that people have to be special to understand that their death is important to the family and that people shouldnt make fun. It bothers me that if this wasnt a public thing and if the guy wasnt known, everyone would go "OMFG U SICK FUCK" if someone made fun of a death like that.

HornyPope
11-02-2006, 04:06 PM
Not everyone is considerate enough to think about other's pain. Sometimes it's just not important enough; in the end, it's just one death in a world far away that means absolutly nothing to most of us.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-02-2006, 04:07 PM
Gotta agree with Pope on this one. I know it sucks that he died and all that, but I don't have the sympathy to mourn every passing in the world.

BREAK
11-02-2006, 04:17 PM
I made a joke about his death about a week after it happened. Nobody laughed.

ninthlayer
11-02-2006, 04:30 PM
Bill Maher
The first thing I thought of when I saw this was "Elliott Smith has been dead for a few years already..."

And then I realized it was a Steve Irwin costume.

Mota Boy
11-02-2006, 04:45 PM
I was originally thinking of going as zombie Steve Irwin for Halloween, before that damnable South Park episode pre-empted me.

People only think this is bad because they feel that they've formed an emotional connection with someone they've never met. If, say, Osama bin Laden had died the week before - people would have no problem with a dead Osama costume even though we have roughly the same relationship with both of them.

As to the reply "What if his daughter saw that?" Well, what about it? Yeah yeah, she'd feel sad and whatnot, but fuck her feelings. I mean, if you happen to know her or be in an area of the world where good friends of Steve congregate, then you should certainly take that into account, but modifying your actions every day because, since we live in an information age, someone on the other side of the world could possibly hear about what you said or did and be offended? That's just ridiculous.

Llamas
11-02-2006, 04:46 PM
There was some huge controversy this past week in Minnesota over a guy who dressed up as a nazi for halloween. He got in huge trouble at his school, and people were screaming at him for being an asshole.

I honestly think that people are too easily offended. I'd never dress as a nazi or steve irwin... I particularly don't think the steve irwin costume is funny even. However, people are too easily offended, they let minor things hurt them, and they focus on such petty bullshit. I feel strongly about this, so I'm just gonna end there and head out.

Apathy
11-02-2006, 06:15 PM
People only think this is bad because they feel that they've formed an emotional connection with someone they've never met.
I disagree. I've never seen his show, mainly due to me not having cable, and hating animal shows anyway.

If, say, Osama bin Laden had died the week before - people would have no problem with a dead Osama costume even though we have roughly the same relationship with both of them.
I would object to an Osama costume if I saw one. I don't think making fun of anyones demise is right, I don't care who they are.

As to the reply "What if his daughter saw that?" Well, what about it? Yeah yeah, she'd feel sad and whatnot, but fuck her feelings. I mean, if you happen to know her or be in an area of the world where good friends of Steve congregate, then you should certainly take that into account, but modifying your actions every day because, since we live in an information age, someone on the other side of the world could possibly hear about what you said or did and be offended? That's just ridiculous

You probably realize this, but you come off as an insensitive asshole. If you put yourself in a relative of his place of course you'd be offended, and of course you'd want people to stop.
Besides, it's not like it's some random kid dressing up on Halloween, It's on Comedy Central, something I'd assume is still available in Australia, or wherever his family is from.

Modifying your actions because others could be offended I agree with to a certain extent. This is one of those times.

0r4ng3
11-02-2006, 06:21 PM
I was originally thinking of going as zombie Steve Irwin for Halloween, before that damnable South Park episode pre-empted me.
Someone at my school had the same idea a week before the episode.

Venom Symbiote
11-02-2006, 06:49 PM
The Southpark episode is hilarious, and isn't even poking fun at Steve Irwin.

What's the big fuckin' deal? I mean, I live not an hour's drive from the guy's zoo, met him a couple of times, and still don't find it offensive.

The Halloween thing? I've seen worse.

The Southpark thing? It was one of the best episodes they've done in a couple of years. More making fun of rich white Californian party-girls and gangsta rappers than Steve Irwin.

It's been blown totally out of proportion. I mean, look: his death was hardly a shock. The only shock is the fact he was defeated by a pussy fish that looked like a pancake.

The Irwin-protection among the western community is fucked. The guy had good intentions, he genuinely believed in what he's doing, but he was still a lunatic.

I feel sorry for his kids, but in all honesty, did anyone even see his memorial thing on TV? The daughter didn't seem too broken up about it. The billion dollar empire she expands in the next 10 years will probably make it up to her.

She'll pull through ok.

JohnnyNemesis
11-02-2006, 06:53 PM
Even though I agree with everyone, I grow weary of the "lolz, anyone who is upset about anything that is ever said or done ever ever EVER is overreacting" culture of this BBS.

coke_a_holic
11-02-2006, 06:57 PM
It's tasteless.

0r4ng3
11-02-2006, 06:58 PM
Even though I agree with everyone, I grow weary of the "lolz, anyone who is upset about anything that is ever said or done ever ever EVER is overreacting" culture of this BBS.
I get it, but you don't have to overreact.

Captain Predictable strikes again!

HeadAroundU
11-02-2006, 07:25 PM
It's funny.

Llamas
11-02-2006, 08:16 PM

the thing is, it's fine for people to be offended by things, depending on how the situation relates to the individual. If Irwin's daughter was offended, I wouldn't be surprised. I wouldn't expect her to think it was funny. However, the price of being in the limelight for so long results in public ridicule, and you have to expect that. It may not be fair, but it's also not fair to censor people.

Lizardus
11-02-2006, 10:26 PM
Elaborate please? cause I dont understand. Why does only Maher matter?

Because he is alive, and he is here, and he has feelings for you.

RickyCrack
11-02-2006, 11:32 PM
It's Bill Maher so it's ok.

JohnnyNemesis
11-03-2006, 12:03 AM
It's Bill Maher so it's ok.

That was my first reaction too, actually.

wheelchairman
11-03-2006, 02:32 AM
I figured it's Bill Maher so it's not okay. But that's a matter of taste.

Justifying not dressing up as Steve Irwin's corpse because of how his wife might feel isn't really a basis for not doing it. She will probably *never* like seeing it. And honest to God, more Steve Irwin costumes, less drawings of Mohammed plz!

On another note when I first heard Steve Irwin died, I did a stingray impression and said "how can you die from such a pussy animal?" So I guess I'm the wrong person to ask.

Venom Symbiote
11-03-2006, 04:07 AM
On another note when I first heard Steve Irwin died, I did a stingray impression and said "how can you die from such a pussy animal?"

Aah, kindred spirits.

Nina
11-03-2006, 04:22 AM
you can find it tasteless without being offended.

I absolutely agree. Who said I was offended? Or was Apathy offended? I'm not quite sure but I doubt it.

I would object to an Osama costume if I saw one. I don't think making fun of anyones demise is right, I don't care who they are.

Thank you, and I agree.

You probably realize this, but you come off as an insensitive asshole. If you put yourself in a relative of his place of course you'd be offended, and of course you'd want people to stop.
Besides, it's not like it's some random kid dressing up on Halloween, It's on Comedy Central, something I'd assume is still available in Australia, or wherever his family is from.

Yes.

Modifying your actions because others could be offended I agree with to a certain extent. This is one of those times.

Absolutely. It's not like you change your entire lifestyle just to not hurt anyone. You just dont put one costume on and go as a movie figure/alien/whatever instead.

I grow weary of the "lolz, anyone who is upset about anything that is ever said or done ever ever EVER is overreacting" culture of this BBS.

I have always considered myself the only one. I dunno why I'm a big ball of sensitivity to everyone just because I find it tasteless to joke about a death of a person in public for the entire world to see.

And I dunno why South Park plays a big role because I think it doesnt. I havent seen people be "offended" by it either.

Justifying not dressing up as Steve Irwin's corpse because of how his wife might feel isn't really a basis for not doing it.

I still dont understand.

sKratch
11-03-2006, 06:06 AM
I have always considered myself the only one. I dunno why I'm a big ball of sensitivity to everyone just because I find it tasteless to joke about a death of a person in public for the entire world to see.

You're obviously unaware of the fact that making jokes out of things that should be offensive/completely tasteless makes you the coolest person on the Internet.
(Interpret: I think it's dumb too.)

HeadAroundU
11-03-2006, 06:46 AM
Well, actually, I'm offended but I think that it's funny.

JohnnyNemesis
11-03-2006, 09:28 AM

It's 'cause people are fuckin' idiots.

Tizzalicious
11-03-2006, 09:43 AM
I think it's tasteless too. Just because you don't know someone, doesn't mean you don't have to think about their feelings. If some guy in some small city who no one heard of, it wouldn't be such a problem, no one who did personally knew Steve Irwin would see it anyway, but a celebrity, that's different. Chances his family will hear about this are big, and it definitely wouldn't be funny to them.

HornyPope
11-03-2006, 09:58 AM
Absolutely. It's not like you change your entire lifestyle just to not hurt anyone. You just dont put one costume on and go as a movie figure/alien/whatever instead.

It is changing your lifestyle if you take time to worry over who gets offended for your every move. There's a world of difference between civility and vaginism.

RickyCrack
11-03-2006, 10:49 AM
I think it's pretty safe to assume that Bill Maher has in fact met Steve Irwin unlike the rest of us.

sKratch
11-03-2006, 11:37 AM
It's my opinion that because Steve was an A+ guy, there's no reason to mock his death. If he was some douchebag, I'd probably be ok with it. But that's just me.

Isolated Fury
11-03-2006, 11:46 AM
I grew up on Steve Irwin. I actually enjoyed watching his show, and watched it ever chance I got. If someone wants to insult him and his family, go ahead. But I, for one, will never do that. Sure, he was a silly guy, but he was a better person than most of us will ever hope to be. In my own opinion, he's a hero.

Mota Boy
11-03-2006, 04:32 PM

Again, though, your argument rests around not doing it because someone that knows him could be offended. So what's your problem with me making fun of him in a setting where none of his relatives does it? Are you saying I shouldn't do it because of the remote possibility that someone who might potentially be offended by it would somehow come across evidence that I'd done it?

There's a difference between going out of your way to offend people that actually knew the guy and doing it in front of a bunch of people that just knew him through television.

Mota Boy
11-03-2006, 04:41 PM
I absolutely hate this rationalization. You can never objectively weigh the offensiveness of an action to the people being offended against the discomfort enacted upon someone forced to change their action, and this logic can easily be broadened to an entire host of offensive behavior.

"It's not like gay people have to change their entire lifestyle just to not hurt anyone. They just don't hold hands or kiss in public and do it at home instead."

Etc.

Now, I'm not equating the two examples of having to change a costume versus having to hide your sexual orientation (though is that not, too, a question of what mask you wear?). I'm just pointing out that your logic doesn't have any boundaries - it's entirely based on whether or not something is OK because you judge an action both to be more offensive than it is essential.

Apathy
11-03-2006, 05:45 PM
So what's your problem with me making fun of him in a setting where none of his relatives does it?

I can make obscenely anti-semetic comments because there aren't any jews around! Wheeee!

Do you see what I'm trying to say?

Are you saying I shouldn't do it because of the remote possibility that someone who might potentially be offended by it would somehow come across evidence that I'd done it?

In most cases, I would say no.
But when it comes to making fun of someone's death, you should know that it's a very touchy subject, and there is a very good chance of someone being upset about it. Even if many people aren't.
Besides, the fact that Maher, a celebrity, did it means that he put it out in front of thousands of viewers. Something that is very different than trick or treating randomly in a little town, or joking about with your friends.

There's a difference between going out of your way to offend people that actually knew the guy and doing it in front of a bunch of people that just knew him through television

Yes, absolutely. But again, Maher is a celebrity. Which means that anything he does in public could potentially end up in front of anyone.
People who actually knew steve could have easily been watching whenever Maher decided to whip that costume on.

wheelchairman
11-04-2006, 03:08 AM
I can make obscenely anti-semetic comments because there aren't any jews around! Wheeee!

Do you see what I'm trying to say?

I make them all the fucking time, especially when there are jews around. Just ask my friend Daud. Yesterday I was singing a song I made up:
"I hate every jew I see
from ashkenaz"a" to ashkena"z".

He calls it the good kind of anti-semitism, as opposed to the more common pro-Palestinian anti-Israel mentality that is prevalent in our university.

Llamas
11-04-2006, 03:16 AM
wcm has made the best point so far. I make black jokes with my black friends all the time... I make gay jokes with gay friends... etc. there's a huge difference between that kind of thing. I'm sure that bill maher doesn't really devalue human life, and if a good friend of his had been killed the same way, he probably would have talked jokingly about it as well. I make hitler jokes all the time! But I'm not actually anti semitic, nor do I think hitler was a good or funny man. If I wore bill maher's costume, I may be poking fun at it, but no, I don't ACTUALLY think it's cool or funny that someone died.

Nina
11-04-2006, 03:19 AM
I absolutely hate this rationalization. You can never objectively weigh the offensiveness of an action to the people being offended against the discomfort enacted upon someone forced to change their action, and this logic can easily be broadened to an entire host of offensive behavior.

"It's not like gay people have to change their entire lifestyle just to not hurt anyone. They just don't hold hands or kiss in public and do it at home instead."

Etc.

Now, I'm not equating the two examples of having to change a costume versus having to hide your sexual orientation (though is that not, too, a question of what mask you wear?). I'm just pointing out that your logic doesn't have any boundaries - it's entirely based on whether or not something is OK because you judge an action both to be more offensive than it is essential.

It is changing your lifestyle if you take time to worry over who gets offended for your every move.

Who is talking about "every move"? I am talking about this particular constume. I made a topic about this particular costume. And it was certainly not difficult for me to not dress up as him. I went as something else instead. How did I go out of my way? I didnt. Again, dressing up like that is definitely not something that you NEED to do, so, if you dont need it and it happens to hurt one or more people, then why not simply refrain from doing it?

I dont think you can keep arguing about this as a "principle" that is wrong and cant be transfered to every single situation when noone is talking about it like that in the first place. I personally never turned this into a general rule and if I did I'd be really stupid because it's a lot more complex than just saying "dont offend anyone".

That's also in reply to what Mota Boy said. Living your sexuality is definitely needed. As are many other things. I'm sure you'd become a wreck if you didnt live your life the way you need to. And this is why it is not comparable to putting a goddamn costume on. You dont need to do it. There are millions, if not more, other ways to have your fun. Making fun of a dead person at the cost of other people is tasteless. It does not have to do with things that a person needs to do, thus is not comparable.

So what's your problem with me making fun of him in a setting where none of his relatives does it?

There's a difference between going out of your way to offend people that actually knew the guy and doing it in front of a bunch of people that just knew him through television.

Just to clear up, I myself have pointed out before that it bothers me that it's public. So I am not sure what you're getting at because I dont have a problem with what you stated. From the beginning this was about a costume a famous person wore to a famous event for thousands of people to see. And that was after just a few weeks of the person's death.
I am not saying the topic shouldnt develope to a bigger conversation, I'm just saying that if this was also directed towards me, then you misunderstood me.

HornyPope
11-04-2006, 10:30 PM
Who is talking about "every move"? I am talking about this particular constume

You don't understand. I don't want to think about whom I hurt before I put on a piece of fucking cloth. That's asking too much. I think about how it looks (just barely), I think about how comfortable it is, and all that crap. I don't have the patience to worry about others' feelings, unless this someone is close to me. It's just not important. There is only so much I can think about, and I rather "consacrer" (french word, but i like it how it fits into my sentance so im not going to translate it) my thoughts to think over an article I read or a game i'm playing. Other people? Fuck them.

Nina
11-05-2006, 03:25 AM
Well, that's okay! That's your opinion and one cant do other but accept it. It doesnt surprise me and I am *certainly* not offended by it, as some people may think. I made the topic to hear different opinions.

H1T_That
11-05-2006, 06:01 AM
Damn, halloween is passed, I bet there would have been a few Saddam costumes.

Mota Boy
11-05-2006, 10:43 AM
I dont think you can keep arguing about this as a "principle" that is wrong and cant be transfered to every single situation when noone is talking about it like that in the first place. I personally never turned this into a general rule and if I did I'd be really stupid because it's a lot more complex than just saying "dont offend anyone".
Every argument that anyone makes is based upon some moral code, and you attempt to logically defend that moral code so that other people understand it and possibly even adopt it. Otherwise you're justing saying "I think this", which is easily refuted by stating "I think that". I'm just pointing out that your logic is flawed because it's completely subjective. In other words, you think it's wrong for no other reason than you think it's wrong. And you're never going to convince anyone just by saying "But it's wrong." without providing logic that can be used to deal with other subjects.

Nina
11-05-2006, 11:17 AM
Mota Boy, I expressed myself poorly. I didnt mean to say that there *isnt* a princible behind it, I just meant to say that the "moral code" you said was mine is wrong, because the way you explained it is incorrect. I differ between things that are needed and things that arent. In this particular case I am convinced that costumes of one specific kind arent needed. Thus comparing a NEEDED action (participating one's sexuality) to it is incorrect and does not prove that my principle is wrong altogether.

HornyPope
11-05-2006, 11:55 AM
Well, that's okay! That's your opinion and one cant do other but accept it. It doesnt surprise me and I am *certainly* not offended by it, as some people may think. I made the topic to hear different opinions.

Why would you be offended?

78 Water
11-05-2006, 12:11 PM
How did you get that picture of me?

Nina
11-05-2006, 01:03 PM
Why would you be offended?

I have no idea, someone (forgot who) said to the entire thing that people get offended way too easily. Which I find strange cause I dont know of anyone who would be offended over that costume..

wheelchairman
11-05-2006, 04:52 PM
I have no idea, someone (forgot who) said to the entire thing that people get offended way too easily. Which I find strange cause I dont know of anyone who would be offended over that costume..

I actually knew a guy who shuddered when he heard about it.

Apathy
11-05-2006, 07:57 PM
As WCM has said - I make incredibly offensive statements all the time. Hell, in high school, my friends used to use "nigger" as a synonym for "steal". And closer to the comments, I was diagnosed with melanoma a while ago and got it removed, leading to a giant scar, and I have a significantly elevated risk of getting it again. Every so often, my friends will say shit like "Shut up, cancer boy." So I'm the wrong person if you're trying to appeal to the concept of taboo subjects.

I think you kind of missed my point. I don't really care if you personally offend lots of people. Hell, I do it too. I just feel making fun of the deceased takes it a bit too far. That's where I draw the line.

I was just using that as an example of saying that just because you don't know someone personally who would be offended by it, doesn't mean that you should do it.

But, I suppose everyone has different morals, and just because I think it's wrong to do, doesn't mean that anyone else particularily cares. I was just sharing my views.

So in a sentence, my response could have been - I think it's Tasteless.

Rockon3000
11-05-2006, 08:08 PM
I'd be interested in non-immature thoughts on this.

The death of a person who died not long ago as a Halloween costume:

Bill Maher

I personally wouldnt mind TOO much if it wasnt that early. I mean didnt it happen like a month ago? Give the family a goddamn break.

I reckon thats just mean the guy dies now there making costumes out of it thats tasteless:(