PDA

View Full Version : Photo album drama week #2

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-02-2006, 02:27 PM
Was a comment, why do you demand 100% positive comments when you post a picture?

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-02-2006, 02:34 PM
What? He commented on your pictures, what's the deal?

Nina
11-02-2006, 02:35 PM
Now it seems to me that you're trying too hard to act like you dont understand her point of view.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-02-2006, 02:37 PM
Now it seems to me that you're trying too hard to act like you dont understand her point of view.

I genuinly don't understand her reaction.

Nina
11-02-2006, 02:43 PM
I genuinly don't understand her reaction.

Well...I wont tell you to fuck a goat, instead I'll try to explain how I understand:
When I post a picture, people who think I'm ugly stfu. But Maria just posted a picture and so far a person basically told her her face is fugly (correct me if I'm wrong plz). Her reaction is pretty...human, even when she has to "expect" comments that arent nice. I dont believe in "I dont care what you think", I'm pretty sure the majority of people would be bothered by such comments.

</endspam>

Apathy
11-02-2006, 02:44 PM
If you don't want people to comment on your pictures, then don't post them.

no_way
11-02-2006, 02:46 PM
I feel confused when people delete posts

HornyPope
11-02-2006, 02:47 PM
Dave, forget them both, i'm going to explain it to you in real simple terms:

Maria is extremly defensive, like Nina, only with more bite. She can't not answer a comment.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-02-2006, 02:47 PM
Uh? I'm a moderator, and normally I can see deleted posts, but I cant see those.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-02-2006, 02:49 PM
Ah, there we go. New thread, that's why.

Nina
HP: Fact is, you criticised her in a way. That usually makes people be defensive. Hence why it's normal and not exactly a thing to feel bad about.

TheUnholyNightbringer
Pfft, people get insulted WAY worse than that on here.

Nina
11-02-2006, 02:50 PM
Absolutely. I'm not denying that. But it was still criticism and ya know, many people reply to criticism with...well, a comment.

Edit: And "You pain me" wasnt even an overreaction or similar.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-02-2006, 02:51 PM
My acne's disappeared, you stupid French bitch. Sorry to disappoint you but you need to put some energy into finding a new insult.

HornyPope
11-02-2006, 02:54 PM
I never said it's NOT normal, only there are cattegories of people: some are defensive, others aren't. You are defensive. I am, too. The only difference between me and you vaginas is I have confidence, I don't NEED to defend myself out of fear that people comments are reflecting who I am.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-02-2006, 02:54 PM
I'm not going to let this dissolve into a match of ad hominem skills. I had a bit too much of that from Linda.

Grow up, Maria.

Nina
11-02-2006, 02:57 PM
I never said it's NOT normal, only there are cattegories of people: some are defensive, others aren't. You are defensive. I am, too. The only difference between me and you vaginas is I have confidence, I don't NEED to defend myself out of fear that people comments are reflecting who I am.

Ah, I guess I misunderstood then. I thought you meant to say that it was an unnecessary overreaction and that people shouldnt reply to negative comments.
And I'm a proud vag bearer, yay!

Llamas
11-02-2006, 02:57 PM
Maria, you don't have any room to tell someone else they have a bloated ego...

Anyway, this argument is pointless. HP made a cheeky insult toward maria, she made a simple comment back that wasn't even necessarily offended, and TUNB had to analyze it. :-/

HornyPope
11-02-2006, 03:09 PM
You me a "thank you" then, whore. I made your evening eventful!

Vera
11-02-2006, 03:19 PM
Yay drama! *jumps in and joins the bash fest*

Vicky - you fucking suck. In case you're still reading and wondering if you do. You do. Sorry.

Vlad - your penis is tiiiiiny and hard to suck on. Help?

Dave - we lied to you all these years; really it's your brother whom we all love and respect. You we hate.

Nina - I saw you kill eat that baby. Fucking die bitch.

Brianna - David Boreanaz called me, we're having sex next Tuesday and getting married on New Year's. He says Booth is hotter than Angel. Pwned much?

Maria - Merde, tu putain. (My French is so leet.)

Yay, draaaama.

Llamas
11-02-2006, 03:28 PM
Brianna - David Boreanaz called me, we're having sex next Tuesday and getting married on New Year's. He says Booth is hotter than Angel. Pwned much?

BITCH. I'm crashing your wedding and like totally making him realize he wants to marry me instead. maaaayyyyybe you could marry booth and I could marry angel... hmm...

HornyPope
11-02-2006, 03:34 PM
I'm a volcano.

No, you're just a psychotic bitch. Don't flatter yourself on the head.

HornyPope
11-02-2006, 03:43 PM
You're a psychotic whore.

Jebus
11-02-2006, 04:42 PM
wtf? was something deleted in a the photo album that I'm not seeing? If the only thing Maria said was "You pain me," then TUNB went a little overboard here.

JohnnyNemesis
11-02-2006, 04:50 PM
If the only thing Maria said was "You pain me," then TUNB went a little overboard here.

Yeah, except replace "a little" with "way too fucking".

Linda
11-02-2006, 05:03 PM
TUNB went a little overboard here.

Sooo......what's new?

Apathy
11-02-2006, 05:03 PM
wtf? was something deleted in a the photo album that I'm not seeing? If the only thing Maria said was "You pain me," then TUNB went a little overboard here.

Nothings been deleted, this is it.

And for future reference, who is vicky?

JohnnyNemesis
11-02-2006, 05:24 PM
Sooo......what's new?

Hypocrite.

ninthlayer
11-02-2006, 05:30 PM
And for future reference, who is vicky?
The most monumental punkrawker of all time.

0r4ng3
11-02-2006, 05:31 PM
Agreed. When I first saw it in the Photo Album thread, I figured the "You pain me" wasn't completely serious.

Linda
11-02-2006, 06:05 PM
blah blah blah

JohnnyNemesis
11-02-2006, 06:10 PM
Hey! Maybe YOU'RE .......... , what with all your accusing!

Wait, that doesn't work...

Linda
11-02-2006, 06:20 PM
blah blah blah

***YAWN***

ninthlayer
11-02-2006, 06:24 PM
kek
bur
uden gloin
kek

Jebus
11-02-2006, 06:26 PM
Nice yawn attack, Snorlax! Now finish him off with a hyperbeam!

ninthlayer
11-02-2006, 06:29 PM
SNORLAX MUST RECHARRRRRRGE.

Please don't get me started about Pokemon, I live with Snorlax.

ps: fuck you, now I'm playing Pokemon.

ninthlayer
11-02-2006, 06:50 PM
Update: I rescued Nidoran♀, Sunkern, and Voltorb from Thunderwave Cave. Rape Party went from being a Normal Rescue Team to a Bronze Rescue team.

Yes, I'm 100% serious.

Jebus
11-02-2006, 07:00 PM
Did you guys know you could capture Mew without using gameshark in red and blue?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7dSDJ3uzvkg
The only thing I could find on the net back when I played was some gay SS Anne trick that turns out was a hoax. =[

0r4ng3
11-02-2006, 07:08 PM
Who remembers Missingno? Probably one of the better glitches of its time.

Ninth: Rescue team? lolz @ new Pokemans.

XYlophonetreeZ
11-02-2006, 07:16 PM
New pokemon are gh3y. Original 150 FTW. They had waaaaaaay more street credz back then.

And yeah, I remember hearing about Missingno but I could never find it.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/AmonGoth/horrific%20horror/BURNyourEYES.jpg

Jebus
11-02-2006, 07:21 PM
I don't know... Gold and Silver were good games. Anything after that is lame. I must admit that Misty's replacement for the newer tv episodes is hotter though.

And yeah, I remember hearing about Missingno but I could never find it.
Man, you totally missed out on unlimited rare candy then. Good times.

sKratch
11-02-2006, 07:23 PM
There is a large aggregation of faggotry in this here thread.
EDIT: And I don't mean the pokemon.

ninthlayer
11-02-2006, 07:26 PM
kek, Missingno and the level 150+ pokemon.

0r4ng3
11-02-2006, 07:31 PM
I must admit that Misty's replacement for the newer tv episodes is hotter though.
You referring to May? Dude, she's like, 10.

Oh, right.

Jebus
11-02-2006, 07:37 PM
No, I meant Max.

Vera
11-03-2006, 02:29 AM
Maria - Too bad French isn't all swearwords. Oh well. No language is as perfect as Finnish, I guess.

Brianna - BEST.IDEA.EVER.

Mark_Bryan_420
11-03-2006, 06:50 AM
Well...I wont tell you to fuck a goat, instead I'll try to explain how I understand:
When I post a picture, people who think I'm ugly stfu. But Maria just posted a picture and so far a person basically told her her face is fugly (correct me if I'm wrong plz). Her reaction is pretty...human, even when she has to "expect" comments that arent nice. I dont believe in "I dont care what you think", I'm pretty sure the majority of people would be bothered by such comments.

</endspam> Well,with all the doctored pictures of me on the threads,I can understand where she's comin' from,after all,she mocked me too.

Little_Miss_1565
11-03-2006, 07:05 AM
Can I get offended that no one commented AT ALL on my last picture in the photo album?

**righteous indignation**

HeadAroundU
11-03-2006, 08:04 AM
You are both equally hot, ladies! No dramas, please.

JohnnyNemesis
11-03-2006, 08:26 AM
Can I get offended that no one commented AT ALL on my last picture in the photo album?

**righteous indignation**

Yes, you can!

I'd have commented, but I didn't want to continue feeding my pervy reputation 'round here.

JoY
11-04-2006, 04:46 AM

but you don't need to be harsh/impolite. that's pretty much uncalled for. "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"?? I don't fully support that expression, but I do definitely partly support it. you should be aware, when you post pictures, that it's possible not all reactions are going to be positive, but that doesn't mean they need to be so harsh. like Maria said; there's a certain line. it's called decency. & though that's a pretty subjective term, people stretch it to unknown limits.

& even if you don't believe in all this bullshit, you've got to admit; she's got the right to respond to a comment on HER picture.

Mark_Bryan_420
11-06-2006, 11:34 AM
Yes, you look good on the dance floor. voilà!

Not only did I mock you, M-B, but with 0 hesitation I unveiled your picture for everyone to point & jeer, I raised my arms & sang "those were the days, my friend, we thought they'd never end". & guess what? I, contrary to you, have every reason to believe I'm lucky both face & figure-wise. Thanks, dad, thanks mum. & go on a fucking diet for chrissake. Lose that unkempt, dirty beard, lose that lanky hair, lose that scruffy, filthy look, & lose a pound or two. You'd do yourself a favour.

Yeah,well with the new job I have,and new suit with American tie,YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHIN' YET! As for the hair, EH EH! It's gonna be Braveheart freedom fighter style,like the mane of a lion! I'm keepin' the locks,the girls like the curls over here!

RickyCrack
11-06-2006, 11:46 AM
Yeah,well with the new job I have,and new suit with American tie,YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHIN' YET! As for the hair, EH EH! It's gonna be Braveheart freedom fighter style,like the mane of a lion! I'm keepin' the locks,the girls like the curls over here!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/ricky2tone/mblolol.jpg

Mel Gibson wasn't fat, asstard.

Tizzalicious
11-06-2006, 12:09 PM
the girls like the curls over here!

right, they must do, or else you wouldn't be a virgin.

Nina
11-06-2006, 03:04 PM
stop asking for more pics plz :( :(

Italia311
11-06-2006, 03:44 PM

To a certain extent I agree with you. However, I find it hard to believe anyone would make such comments in person. I mean, how many ugly ppl do you see a day? Do you ever walk up to them and call them ugly? And if you do and they fire back, do you ask them to never leave the house if they don't expect some criticism??

Just a thought...

sKratch
11-06-2006, 03:49 PM
You have a bit of a point, but a better analogy would be a random person walking up to you on the street and saying "Hey, how do I look?" Still, I doubt most people would say "You're ugly."

Llamas
11-06-2006, 04:27 PM
To a certain extent I agree with you. However, I find it hard to believe anyone would make such comments in person. I mean, how many ugly ppl do you see a day? Do you ever walk up to them and call them ugly? And if you do and they fire back, do you ask them to never leave the house if they don't expect some criticism??

Just a thought...

yeah but posting a picture on a website is saying "hey! look at me! what do you think?" skratch's example is a little closer. If someone came up to me and asked how they looked, I'd be honest.

Isolated Fury
11-06-2006, 04:36 PM
Oh, no. A person on the Internet that I don't know and with which I will never come in physical contact called me ugly. My life is over.

[/life]

EDIT: Better yet...
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/afisoadnin/lifeend.jpg

Nina
11-07-2006, 02:18 AM
Uh, I dont understand you people. Interaction through the net and irl is very comparable. It's not like people on the net dont have feelings. I dont believe the "I'd always be honest" comments. I have never, never ever met a person in my entire life who would say something that was even close to the negative things which are said on the net. I do think there are exceptions (Sin Studly comes to mind), but for the most part I'm convinced that the people who say that talk bull and try to prove a point by false statements.

And another thing is...I still have to understand what's wrong with attention :/ I post pictures too, even more in my LJ, but irl I dont want anyone to look at me. *shrug*

JoY
11-07-2006, 07:40 AM
Just a thought...

well, if you see posting pictures as simply walking around on this planet with your face exposed without asking for comments, which sounds like a very normal & natural thing to do, your point works. but when you choose to post pictures on the internet, it's to show yourself. you don't walk around on the face of the earth parading to "show" yourself, do you? the problem lies in the motivation, why you choose to show yourself. is it merely so people can attach a face to a screenname? do you want attention & comments? do you want to show your face, or your newest outfit? do you want comments, or do you just want to let people know what you look like for getting a full image?

You have a bit of a point, but a better analogy would be a random person walking up to you on the street and saying "Hey, how do I look?" Still, I doubt most people would say "You're ugly."

I disagree & still think it has more to do with what people expect out of showing themselves on the internet by posting a picture. sometimes you don't want to be showered with comments on how you look, but you just want to show who you are, what you're doing, who you're with, what you're wearing... tons of things. I've barely ever seen a picture posted by someone, accompanied with the question; "hey, how do I look?"

Mark_Bryan_420
11-07-2006, 10:10 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/ricky2tone/mblolol.jpg

Mel Gibson wasn't fat, asstard. Niether am I! I only weigh 180.

calichix
11-07-2006, 11:03 AM
The only difference between me and you vaginas is I have confidence, I don't NEED to defend myself out of fear that people comments are reflecting who I am.

it might be a good idea to pay attention to this ^, droogs.

calichix
11-07-2006, 11:24 AM
isn't 180 about normal for a fella? unless, of course, he's a poonani.

Llamas
11-07-2006, 12:17 PM
Uh, I dont understand you people. Interaction through the net and irl is very comparable. It's not like people on the net dont have feelings. I dont believe the "I'd always be honest" comments. I have never, never ever met a person in my entire life who would say something that was even close to the negative things which are said on the net. I do think there are exceptions (Sin Studly comes to mind), but for the most part I'm convinced that the people who say that talk bull and try to prove a point by false statements.

And another thing is...I still have to understand what's wrong with attention :/ I post pictures too, even more in my LJ, but irl I dont want anyone to look at me. *shrug*

I actually am very honest; sometimes I'm too honest. When people give the casual "how are you?", I don't give the typical "I'm fine", because that's false. I've never had a moment where I was juse "fine". If I'm doing awesomely, I'll say that. If I'm having a bad day, I'll say that. That's just an example. If a friend gets a new haircut I don't like, and they ask what I think, I won't lie and say I like it- I'll give an honest answer. I won't be a dick to a good friend and say "well, it completely sucks and I hate it", but I'm not going to lie. Someone that I don't know (eg: someone on the street, someone on this board that I don't generally talk to) I'm going to be less inhibited about my honesty to.

There are lines between being honest and being mean. I would never say something like what HP said to maria, that's true. But that's just me, too. I take posting pictures as a wish for response... I posted in my live journal the other day, and WCM responded. I realized after the response that I didn't actually want anyone to reply on it, and therefore should have locked comments. But posting that in a live journal implies I want people to read it and I want feedback. I think of that in the same way as posting photos in a thread like this.

Again, I wouldn't say something like what HP said because I do have a little concern with not wanting to HURT people's feelings. In this thread, since I'm not directly asked where I need to answer, I choose to not reply unless I LIKE a photo. HP's comment was not needed by any means... however, it wasn't out of place or something that should have been inhibited. He felt the desire to comment his view on a photo, and I believe he had a right to.

Anyway, I gotta head to class. :)

killer_queen
11-07-2006, 12:25 PM
It's weird because I know lots of people like that. I am one of them. And I don't think there's something wrong with it. Most of the people -including you- don't have any problem about calling someone idiot. What's the difference between calling someone ugly and calling someone idiot? If there is a difference, well, that's weird because it would mean people think appearance is more important than brains, wouldn't it?

HornyPope just stated his opinion and Maria responded it and there's no need to call this a "drama", I think.

JohnnyNemesis
11-07-2006, 02:03 PM
I don't NEED to defend myself out of fear that people comments are reflecting who I am.

But you DO defend yourself very very often on here, just not when it comes to appearance. Is there a difference?

Nina
11-07-2006, 02:30 PM
Brianna! I hope you replied in such detailed fashion because you felt like talking about it, not because you felt attacked by me. I did say there are exceptions, and I certainly wasnt singling you out as a person who lied. I hope you know that.

When people give the casual "how are you?", I don't give the typical "I'm fine", because that's false. I've never had a moment where I was juse "fine". If I'm doing awesomely, I'll say that. If I'm having a bad day, I'll say that.

I'm actually the same. Not a lot of people are like that. I've noticed how most people seem surprised when I actually ANSWER their question. Haha.

There are lines between being honest and being mean.

That's true. I for one never claimed that lying would be good. But I believe in "not saying anything when you have nothing nice to say". However, I can accept very easily that not everyone thinks like me. But I cant accept absolute cruel/brutally mean comments. And that was what I was respeonding to...not negative criticism in general. You know? I did say "[...]who would say something that was even close to the negative things which are said on the net.". I singled plain mean comments out...or well, I tried.

Or, to make it clearer, I replied to the "OH NOES SOMEONE CALLED ME UGLY /endlife" thing.

He felt the desire to comment his view on a photo, and I believe he had a right to.

I never said he didnt :/ I just said people had feelings..and that I dont understand people who think that everyone is suddenly a cold-hearted person over the net.

It's weird because I know lots of people like that. I am one of them. And I don't think there's something wrong with it. Most of the people -including you- don't have any problem about calling someone idiot. What's the difference between calling someone ugly and calling someone idiot? If there is a difference, well, that's weird because it would mean people think appearance is more important than brains, wouldn't it?

HornyPope just stated his opinion and Maria responded it and there's no need to call this a "drama", I think.

Why did you adress all of this to me?
I rarely call people idiots. Anyone who looks through my posts will see this. I just dont really like insults of that kind. There's also nothing wrong with that, right? And I never claimed that there is a major difference between "ugly" and "idiot" (the way you mean it).
I didnt call it drama, dear. Sorry but I'm slightly confused cause I dunno why you addressed this all to me.

Llamas
11-07-2006, 02:39 PM
Nina, I didn't feel attacked. I honestly just felt like talking about it. My post was also not directed just at you; it was a general discussion. And I do see your point, but I was really just commenting on some general ideas that people have more than debating with you.

killer_queen
11-07-2006, 02:40 PM
Nina, I didn't adress all of it to you. I guess, I need to learn to use paragraphs.

Anyway, by "including you" I meant "even you". Because you know, you're one of the nicest people who rarely insult. I just used you as an example. You're right, my post is pretty confusing.:(

Nina
11-07-2006, 02:44 PM
thx you two, I was just confused cause you both quoted me alone ;D

Llamas
11-07-2006, 02:48 PM
yeah, I was trying to start a fight with you. too bad I failed.

actually, for me it was more that your post represented a lot of attitudes that people have, even though it wasn't what you said that I was responding to. It was what instigated my response, but I wasn't talking just to you. both the killer queen and I screwed up in our responses, and you should stop being so defensive. ;)

Nina
11-07-2006, 02:52 PM
grr I know this was in good fun and all but i'm ssooo tired of the real "lol u so defensive" comments cause...i'm not, for the most part i'm just talking.
;(

WebDudette
11-07-2006, 03:03 PM
What the hell is this all about neither,

That looks pretty good minus the face.
or

you pain me.
are very offensive comments.

Llamas
11-07-2006, 03:08 PM
how is "you pain me" offensive? wtf?

Nina
11-07-2006, 03:11 PM
he meant that neither are offensive. but maybe he edited his post quickly, like i often do ;D

WebDudette
11-07-2006, 03:14 PM
I edited it once to change are to aren't after reading ilovellamas post then read it again and edited it back. (mabey the way I worded it was just incorrect). Neither one of the comments are offensive in my opinion.

Now if Hornypope had said, "Your body is nice but your face looks like an asshole." or something, then I could see where all of this was comming from.

Llamas
11-07-2006, 03:15 PM
Oh. I get it. Maybe a little grammar would have helped that out... I take it that what he meant was, "What the hell is this all about? Neither (quote) or (quote) are offensive" But I read it as "What the hell is this about neither (quote) or (quote) being offensive?" I got it now.

HornyPope
11-07-2006, 03:39 PM
Her body is OK, her face looks a tight too stretched out to pass for an asshole.

HornyPope
11-07-2006, 03:46 PM
But you DO defend yourself very very often on here, just not when it comes to appearance. Is there a difference?

I defend my opinions and debate others', I very seldom defend my persona. Not like the latter is inherently bad, I just find the people who throw a tirade after someone called them "names" highly annoying and possibly leaning towards homosexuality.

JohnnyNemesis
11-07-2006, 04:00 PM
I understand now.

sKratch
11-07-2006, 04:52 PM
Translation:
Vlad cares more about being Jewish than ugly, even though he had equally as little choice in becoming both. lolololz.

calichix
11-07-2006, 11:23 PM
What kind of cheap humour is that? You bought it for ten cents on the flea market? I don't care how many kilogs or pounds he weighs, I've got a picture where a munt is smiling & his three chins are hanging like bags full of shit.

.....what?? you know when a retard or an inebriated black man starts talking to you on the train and you can't understand what they're saying because they're retards/inebriated black men but you try and converse back anyway out of moral obligation? I'm guessing that's how your friends and family feel.

JoY
11-08-2006, 03:31 AM
If there is a difference, well, that's weird because it would mean people think appearance is more important than brains, wouldn't it?

you only have limited control over your appearance. make-up, clothes, hairstyle.. that's pretty much it. I guess it is pretty fucking hurtful when someone tells you you're ugly the way you are. especially when you've spent time on taking care of your looks & tried to look your best. it's not exactly like you can really help it.

when someone makes an utterly dumb comment, I always feel people aren't born that retarded, but grow up to become that retarded. & they deliberately choose to be total tools. unless it's of course obvious they do their best & try hard to improve their spelling/arguments/reasoning/et cetera. that's something I appreciate/encourage.

JoY
11-08-2006, 03:52 AM
When people give the casual "how are you?", I don't give the typical "I'm fine", because that's false. I've never had a moment where I was juse "fine". If I'm doing awesomely, I'll say that. If I'm having a bad day, I'll say that.

holy shit, I hate it when people ask you how you are, EXPECTING a "fine, thanks". what's that for easy answer? if you expect an answer I don't necessarily mean, or that isn't necessarily true, then don't fucking ask at all. why even pop that question then, it doesn't make you sound interested, it makes you sound more uninterested.

or when they ask you how you are & before you get the chance to answer, they move on to the next subject, the actual subject they came for/called for to discuss with you. a little like this;

x: "hey Bella! how are you?"
me: "I'm okay, a little sick, but..."
x: "oh great, so anyway, I wanted to ask you if I can borrow your studybook"
me: "*raised eyebrow*"

grr. *hatez*

Nina
11-08-2006, 05:16 AM
you only have limited control over your appearance. make-up, clothes, hairstyle.. that's pretty much it. I guess it is pretty fucking hurtful when someone tells you you're ugly the way you are. especially when you've spent time on taking care of your looks & tried to look your best. it's not exactly like you can really help it.

when someone makes an utterly dumb comment, I always feel people aren't born that retarded, but grow up to become that retarded. & they deliberately choose to be total tools. unless it's of course obvious they do their best & try hard to improve their spelling/arguments/reasoning/et cetera. that's something I appreciate/encourage.

I agree with you, but from what I see people call others idiots/etc on here all the time although they arent necessarily acting idiotic, but rather disagreeing with the opinion of some people on here.
And a lot of people call others ugly because they dont like what the person chooses to do with his hair/clothing. I seriously dont know many UGLY people, you know? Like, actually ugly. But sometimes their choices are unfortunate and unflattering.
That's at least how I see it. Or maybe I'm just lucky enough to be around average to pretty-looking people all the time ;P

In my opinion many people underestimate their language and what words actually mean.

P.S. Laura cracked me up. much <333

JoY
11-08-2006, 05:49 AM
I fully agree, Nina. (also on the Laura-bit)

"you're ugly" is an opinion, anyway. so whether or not I know many people who are truly ugly, kind of depends on my criteria. but no, I don't know many uglyUGLY people, but it's well possible I'm biased when it comes to some uglyUGLY people, because they make up for it by being such a whole lot of awesomeness. trying to let that thought go & be objective, I'd still say I don't know many uglyUGLY people.

JoY
11-08-2006, 09:45 AM
well yes, I do agree with what you're saying, but if you're speaking of courtesy, isn't listening to the answer of the other a part of that, especially when you were the one to ask the question, & at least being interested in what you yourself asked a question about? you just made a caricature of the concept of answering a courtesy question with a sincere answer. & well, I agree the caricature is ridiculous, but still to me the concept of answering a courtesy question with a sincere answer isn't.

I'm sorry, but life isn't a fucking game of hints. if someone asks me how I am for instance over the phone, I could try to use my sad, unstable voice & say; "finethanks *sobsob*". yeah well, no. that's outright begging for attention. I'd like to tell people how I am, in a normal fashion, being NORMAL about it, when they ask me how I am. & without having to use hints, only because they expect to get the usual answer. that's ridiculous. if I'd use hints, it'd sound like the reason I feel bad is too terrible to discuss. people are nosy little things, they're going to be like; "oh sweety, what's wrong??" & in any other case, they're going to be scared to discuss with you why you're not feeling well, because they think you don't want to talk about it. it causes way too much miscommunication & it's much to complicated. I don't want "aw"s & "oh"s, I just want to make conversation, just like they're trying in their standardised manner. what the fuck do I need hints for to do that, if I have a mouth that can speak?

I like to give it people the way it is. right now that'd be; "I feel like crap, so how's your day been?". I spoke to quite a few people today & I can assure you this is what I've said to every single one of them, who asked me how I was. & that was literally every single one of them. but none of them gave me "aw"s & "oh"s, they all said something about that they hoped I'll be better soon & talked with me about the subject they originally wanted to discuss. see? being sincere/honest doesn't 'damage' a conversation, when you don't make a fuss about it. using mixed messages - hints you feel crummy, while saying you're fine - IS making a fuss about it, if you ask me. life could be so much more simple.

JoY
11-08-2006, 10:34 AM
As for sounding interested... oh, who would be naïf enough to believe that a stranger or the local grocerer who asks you "how are you" actually means it. No, but he's being courteous, & that's what counts, after all, even if you're in death throes you don't have to share it with him, he didn't ask for it.

oh no, I've never had illusions in that area. when someone asks me how I am, who isn't seriously interested in me as a person anyway - for instance in the situation you described - I'll say I'm fine, a thank you, a smile & that's it. I meant situations in which the question "how are you" is actually supposed to lead to a conversation. a conversationconversation. one that lasts over five seconds & possibly over a couple of hours.

I've been coughing so much for the past three days, my ribs & stomach muscles are hurting like whoa. when a friend from study called to ask about tomorrow & started the conversation with the casual "how are you", I was like; "neverbeenbetter *COUGHCOUGHCOUGH*". I had to say it as fast as possible, or else I'd cough through my sentence. well yeah, we laughed & then I coughed some more from laughing.

JoY
11-08-2006, 11:27 AM
aw<3. thank you. I assure you I'll be fine. I'll be up & all better again in no time, promised. ;p & there are many things medicine can't fix. a hot cup of tea, lots of hugs, tomatosoup & fresh pressed oranges still beat many forms of medication, if not all.

hehe, I had my mom on the phone this morning & she asked how I was doing. well, I hadn't slept, because the only way I could stop coughing was by sitting upright & I can't sleep in that position. so I woke up kind of coughing & crying at the same time & replied; "I want my mommy!". damn, it'd been a long LONG time since I said that. *giggle*

JoY
11-08-2006, 01:10 PM
bah, it's always so awful to talk to someone you love on the phone & hearing they're not doing so well. you hear their voice, their words, laughs & cries, but you're so far away, you can't look them in the eye, touch their hand, give them a hug... I hate that. & yes, well, there's a lot you can do for a person only by listening to them & let them hear your voice, but like you said; it doesn't make as much of a difference as you'd like to, after you hung up.

& you're absolutely right about the computers. except.... I'm so bored.:(

calichix
11-08-2006, 04:04 PM
bella I just caught on to your total cry for tender lovin. get well soon, my little chia pet. I hate it when you're sick and no one pays attention. THEY'VE been sick, they should know how much it sucks and say, "Oh. My. God. Bella, that aint right. I feel for you, girl." <3<3<3<3

Betty
11-08-2006, 06:35 PM
When I was a cashier, I never asked "How are you?" I always just said "Hi" or "Hello" and smiled.

It totally annoys me when a cashier or other similar person says "How are you?" and I'll answer any of "alright" "fine" "good" and then follow up with "and yourself?" and the person will just stare blankly at me and not answer. It's so ingrained in their routine to ask that question in their greeting that they don't even listen AT ALL to what you respond.

Even worse though, EVEN WORSE, is "what's up?" WHAT can you possibly answer to that question. "Not much" is the standard response I guess. But what if something IS up? What does "up" even refer to? What kind of answer is this question looking for? Ridiculous.

HornyPope
11-08-2006, 07:49 PM
It totally annoys me when a cashier or other similar person says "How are you?" and I'll answer any of "alright" "fine" "good" and then follow up with "and yourself?" and the person will just stare blankly at me and not answer. It's so ingrained in their routine to ask that question in their greeting that they don't even listen AT ALL to what you respond.

That goes the other way around too. Sometimes I like to say something, anything to the cashier and they usualy just blurt out a routine, mechanic reply or just smile back at you. And I fucking want to kill people who smile at you.

Even worse though, EVEN WORSE, is "what's up?" WHAT can you possibly answer to that question. "Not much" is the standard response I guess. But what if something IS up? What does "up" even refer to? What kind of answer is this question looking for? Ridiculous.

I usualy just answer "im fine" with the voice insinuation of "ok, we greeted, pass to the point now". Few times I was even corrected, she/he (dont remember the person) reiterated : "i didnt ask how are you, i asked what is up". Pfffft, as if that matters, as if he/she really wanted to know what IS up.

calichix
11-08-2006, 07:59 PM
I'm one of those people who work in retail who are guilty of saying, "Have a good day!" even when I want to kill the person I'm selling to. I've tried doing it sarcastically when I don't really mean it, but saying "have a good day" sarcastically just really embarrassing. I'm also guilty of "how's it goin?" and "oh yeah?" when I really don't care. rhetorical questions are so compulsive.

HornyPope
11-08-2006, 08:05 PM
Isn't it a little bit depressive to realize you want to kill someone only after being exposed to him for barely few minutes?
"PLEASE DONT MAKE ME HATE YOU, I WANT TO GIVE YOU A CHANCE"

calichix
11-08-2006, 11:54 PM
there are sooooooooooooo many reasons to hate someone you've only known for a few seconds. the eye-rolling credit card toss, the evil glare in response to "hello", when someone takes you to the stare-down motel when you're bagging their stuff, when middle aged couples start making out when you're trying to get their money then giggle and say, "Oh.. TEEEHEEE. Sorriezzz!11" as if they were just wayyyyyyy too in love to wait 2 minutes or notice that there are other people in line which is particularly obnoxious because they're middle aged and the ladies usually wear snug valor track suits... jesus.

JoY
11-09-2006, 08:31 AM
bella I just caught on to your total cry for tender lovin. get well soon, my little chia pet. I hate it when you're sick and no one pays attention. THEY'VE been sick, they should know how much it sucks and say, "Oh. My. God. Bella, that aint right. I feel for you, girl." <3<3<3<3

hahahahaha! oh my god, you get so many loving from me for this.<33333!!!!
especially for the "my little chia pet". *squeals*

& Maria, how poetic of you. <3 for you too.

now no one talk about me being sick anymore. I just used it as an example.

Mark_Bryan_420
11-14-2006, 08:49 AM
isn't 180 about normal for a fella? unless, of course, he's a poonani. Yeah it's normal,I'm about 6 ft.2

What kind of cheap humour is that? You bought it for ten cents on the flea market? I don't care how many kilogs or pounds he weighs, I've got a picture where a munt is smiling & his three chins are hanging like bags full of shit. That's you'r opinion! You look like a 2 legged giraffe,with a french poodle for a wig!

Irl, I've got a little concern. Not about telling folks they're ugly as a sack of rotten taters & hurting them, for who cares about feelings. No, my concern lies more with broken jaws & noses. Never underestimate the muscular strength of ugly ppl. You're so ugly you gotta sneak up on the bath water!

mrconeman
11-14-2006, 08:52 AM
You're so ugly you gotta sneak up on the bath water!
Rich coming from the 36 year old pizza dishwashing (or whatever that new job was) toy playing with virginfag.