PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Magic/Hypodermic

Camilamazed
11-02-2006, 09:39 PM
Dirty Magic:

" I need the name of the song in differente words, is that possible?"

1) Does "Elastic" mean "Flexible"? (The one who easily changes his/her mind?)

2) Shades (Sunglasses?!!) Really? Is there any other meaning?

Hypodermic

3) lied=didn't tell the truth?

4) " All your dance and song won‘t matter when you‘re gone"
Didn't get the meaning of this sentence very well. (Song & Dance = a kind of ritual?)

Thanks.

leibstandarte109
11-02-2006, 09:43 PM
Yes, elastic means inconsistent with decisions.

Shades, as in curtains. People do this when they're depressed.

Camilamazed
11-02-2006, 09:46 PM
Didn't help very much, but thanks for trying.:)

Hypodermic_89
11-03-2006, 05:14 AM
"Pull the shades, razorblades. You're so tragic" = Depression, emo, cutting wrists etc.

"Hate you so, but I love you more, I'm so elastic"

I hate you so = His real feelings for her.
I love you more = Feelings that don't exist, but he's been kind of manipulated.

"The things you say, the games you play. Dirty Magic"

Dirty Magic = Manipulation of the mind.

rlplaymaker
11-03-2006, 08:30 AM
Didn't help very much, but thanks for trying.:)

are you foreign or retarded?

leibstandarte109
11-03-2006, 08:52 AM
Seriously. This is like the 20th thread you've made about songs' meanings.

offspring dude
11-03-2006, 09:09 AM
I dont think i mind her asking the questions but c'mon Camila, you could have just made a thread about the meanings of songs and put all of your questions in that one thread.

Amiralanal
11-03-2006, 09:15 AM
Dirty Magic:

" I need the name of the song in differente words, is that possible?"

1) Does "Elastic" mean "Flexible"? (The one who easily changes his/her mind?)

2) Shades (Sunglasses?!!) Really? Is there any other meaning?

Hypodermic

3) lied=didn't tell the truth?

4) " All your dance and song won‘t matter when you‘re gone"
Didn't get the meaning of this sentence very well. (Song & Dance = a kind of ritual?)

Thanks.

why dont you post all these fucking questions in ONE thread?

F@ BANKZ
11-03-2006, 09:23 AM
All your dance and song won't matter when your gone
dance and song must mean making a scene, so it could be said as...

all the fuss you've made wont matter when you leave (as in run away)
but that line lacks a certain something

joey1234
11-03-2006, 05:10 PM
I think "Dirty Magic", the title, means something like "witchcraft" (bruxaria, magia negra...), it might be related with some kind of spiritual possession, something like a demoniac spell or a curse (feitiço). "But she´s just not that way, her little soul is stolen, see her put on her brand new face."

Camilamazed
11-03-2006, 06:19 PM
I'd like to thank all the members that contributed positively with the thread and helped me out with my questions.

are you foreign or retarded?

If you don't have good things to say, get the bad ones and shove them up your ass.

Seriously. This is like the 20th thread you've made about songs' meanings.

What's the problem? Is it bothering you? If so, why don't you just ignore it?

I dont think i mind her asking the questions but c'mon Camila, you could have just made a thread about the meanings of songs and put all of your questions in that one thread.

I thougt of doing that. However I've decided starting one by one so people who are not very familiar with song meanings can find them through search button easier.

why dont you post all these fucking questions in ONE thread?

Why wasting you precious time to say something that didn't contribute to the thread? If the moderators didn't say anything it means that my threads are better than the ones like "what's you favorite song" etc...

*I'm trying to understand better some things that sometimes can be silly for you people, but assuming that we have a different cultures sometimes what may sound silly sometimes is not. I'm sure there are other people enjoying the thread because I believe translating into different languages is not that easy. People are just afraid to ask because of stupid people like rlplaymaker. I just try to help fans that are not able to understand the songs. Most fans from non speaking English countries want to come here but they just don't because they cannot read the boards. I'm just trying to help my friends. If the majority doesn't want to help their friends what can I do?

Venom Symbiote
11-03-2006, 07:03 PM
So...are you foreign, or retarded?

:p

Apathy
11-03-2006, 08:08 PM
A little of both actually.

But in all honesty, I like these threads. They're more interesting than any of the other crap in GOD anyway.

2. Shades are also called blinds. http://www.bestblinds.com/product_images/mini-blinds-large.jpg
When someone "pulls the shades" it means that they don't want anyone else to see what they're doing.
"Pull the shades, razor blades" hints that someone is cutting themself, and doesn't want anyone else to know about it.

4. " All your dance and song won‘t matter when you‘re gone"
This basically means - Everything you're doing won't matter when you're gone.

Camilamazed
11-03-2006, 08:18 PM
A little of both actually.

:p

It looks like I'm a retarded for starting threads with questions that may sound silly but believe that before posting here, I've searched for answers in wikipedia, dictionary.com, my dictionary of phrasal verbs, google and urban dictionary. I only come here when I don't get the ideas. If you guys spoke Portuguese, you would understand perfectly what I'm trying to say.

Thank you Apathy. Now I got the song better.

Little_Miss_1565
11-04-2006, 06:51 AM
As would be the case with anything, if you don't have anything to contribute to a thread, don't fucking post in it. Don't be a douche. It's next to impossible to spam when you're on topic.

Venom Symbiote
11-04-2006, 06:35 PM
*salutes* Ok.

And yeah. The song's about curtains/blinds and razorblades.

NotTheOne_NL
11-05-2006, 10:26 AM
the music is more important than the lyrics

Venom Symbiote
11-05-2006, 01:59 PM
Oh yeah? A certain spikey-haired blonde shade-sporting frontman would disagree.

Thomas
11-05-2006, 06:04 PM
I always considered the razorblades part to not represent cutting, but rather, in a metaphorical sense, the damge she is doing to him in this relationship. I dunno. This song is pretty open for everyone's own interpretation.

Stimpy
11-07-2006, 12:27 PM
Hypodermic is all about drug abuse.