PDA

View Full Version : Check this out about sublime

CostOnlyYourMind
11-03-2006, 11:44 AM
I know this is an Offspring forum, but it is a off topic post. Well I just wanted to let people know that sublime is going to be out with this new box set November 14. My friend at umgd just told me that it's called Everything under the sun. The myspace site has a lot more info. www.myspace.com/sublime. Try to check it out.

JohnnyNemesis
11-03-2006, 12:06 PM
Try to check it out.

No .

0r4ng3
11-03-2006, 12:23 PM
http://www.mitchclem.com/nothingnice/comics/20021202.gif

Little_Miss_1565
11-03-2006, 12:49 PM
LOL, are you part of the label's street team?

HornyPope
11-03-2006, 02:10 PM
Other bands material.

Endymion
11-03-2006, 02:12 PM
it's funny 'cause no one in long beach gives a shit about sublime anymore.

Stranger With Candy
11-03-2006, 02:19 PM
http://www.mitchclem.com/nothingnice/comics/20021202.gif

HAH .

Apathy
11-03-2006, 02:33 PM
I never understood that comic, probably because I don't know who Common Rider is.

coke_a_holic
11-03-2006, 02:44 PM
I think it's Jesse Michael's other project, though I might be confused with someone else.

Jesse Michael being the singer for Operation Ivy.

Llamas
11-03-2006, 02:56 PM
I actually kinda like sublime. :(

coke_a_holic
11-03-2006, 03:01 PM
You need better music in your life.

The best Sublime songs are the ones that sound nothing like Sublime.

Llamas
11-03-2006, 03:08 PM
I don't need better music... I have over 60GB of music. I just like a LOT of music and find it hard to not like something.

DeAtHsTaR
11-03-2006, 03:08 PM
What the hell? No matter what computer I'm on, I can't view any Mitch Clem stuff anymore, it just shows up blank.

coke_a_holic
11-03-2006, 03:11 PM
I don't need better music... I have over 60GB of music. I just like a LOT of music and find it hard to not like something.

Fine, better ska music. No matter how you look at it, enjoying Sublime means you haven't been subjected to enough better music.

SkunkIt
11-03-2006, 03:41 PM
I never liked Sublime, It reminds me of two things, other than horrible songs. Listening to Santeria in my Spanish class, because the teacher made us and being bored out of my mind, listening to a generic rock station in Colorado, then singing my ass off to It, because I was bored out of my mind and would sing along to almost anything at that point. For some reason, alot of the popular kids liked Sublime.

Llamas
11-03-2006, 03:49 PM
Fine, better ska music. No matter how you look at it, enjoying Sublime means you haven't been subjected to enough better music.

I actually generally don't like ska. I guess I like streetlight and a little bit of other stuff... but generally, I don't. anyway, just because I sort of like sublime doesn't mean I don't like other music that I've been subjected to.

coke_a_holic
11-03-2006, 04:57 PM
I never said that you didn't like anything else, I'm just saying Sublime < Lots and lots of artists with similar qualities.

It felt sort of enlightening when I got into ska that wasn't Sublime or Operation Ivy; I was so suprised that both bands became instantaneously obsolete to me. I still like some Sublime songs, but those songs are the ones that don't sound like the single other song Sublime has. The one they changed the lyrics for 60 times and released under a different name each time, you know?

Venom Symbiote
11-03-2006, 04:57 PM
I've never understood all the hate towards Sublime. I mean, sure, they're hardly awesome, and there are many better ska bands around, but they're still reasonably OK.

They're not exactly relevant anymore, they died out with the '90s, but all the passionate hate directed towards them seems a little misguided.

They were ok for what they were. At the time they made some decent stuff.

Llamas
11-03-2006, 05:01 PM
I never said that you didn't like anything else, I'm just saying Sublime < Lots and lots of artists with similar qualities.

It felt sort of enlightening when I got into ska that wasn't Sublime or Operation Ivy; I was so suprised that both bands became instantaneously obsolete to me. I still like some Sublime songs, but those songs are the ones that don't sound like the single other song Sublime has. The one they changed the lyrics for 60 times and released under a different name each time, you know?

you seem to have strongly misunderstood "I kind of like sublime" for "sublime is my favorite ska band".

Revolver-2005?
11-03-2006, 05:14 PM
Sublime is over rated. They were decent I guess, there have been worse but I don't like to listen to them.

BuddyHolly
11-03-2006, 05:24 PM
I really do like Sublime, but I'm not going to buy that box set though. It's kinda lame to release something like that just because the 2 dudes who are still alive are running out of money.

coke_a_holic
11-03-2006, 05:25 PM
you seem to have strongly misunderstood "I kind of like sublime" for "sublime is my favorite ska band".

...So I have. The ":(" made it look as though you were ashamed to say that you liked it, so you were saying "I kind of like it" as a means to quasi-conform by claiming it's less intense of a liking than it really is. Forgive my inferring, plzthx.

Llamas
11-03-2006, 05:39 PM
...So I have. The ":(" made it look as though you were ashamed to say that you liked it, so you were saying "I kind of like it" as a means to quasi-conform by claiming it's less intense of a liking than it really is. Forgive my inferring, plzthx.

ah. the sad face was because I knew that the pretentious people here were going to attack me for it. and I was right ;)

EDIT: an idea of how much I like the band lies in the fact that I own the self titled album which I bought for a dollar, and 40 oz which I burned from someone. I have their music, and I occassionally listen to those albums, but I didn't buy them.

Thomas
11-04-2006, 10:29 AM
Yeah, I'm a pretty big Sublime fan. I have 4 of their albums. I love them.

I'm sure that there are waaaay better ska bands out there, but I just haven't been too exposed to them and Sublime just has something about them that really appeals to me.

Apathy
11-04-2006, 11:09 AM
Sublime was pretty good at what they did.
Which most of the time, wasn't ska.

Pool Shark (Acoustic) is my favorite thing they've done. This guy is an e-teamer anyway, he's posted this on three other forums I've seen.

JohnnyNemesis
11-04-2006, 11:27 AM
Yeah, classifying Sublime as ska is wtf-worthy in my opinion.

0r4ng3
11-04-2006, 11:29 AM
Well then, what are they?

Apathy
11-04-2006, 12:03 PM
They tend to dabble in lots of everything.

Lots of little doses of reggae, dub, pop-punk, punk, rap, and blues all blended together. They've got a few ska songs. But they usually aren't very good anyway.