PDA

View Full Version : Why not Ignition and self titled???

Pena
11-03-2006, 03:56 PM
Friends,

Why Offspring don't play anyone song from Ignition and the self titled? This albuns are very nice and I would like to see they play Dirtymagic or Black Ball for exemple!

I like very much the other albuns too but there was a part of the Offspring history and couldn't be forgot it.

EMehl6
11-03-2006, 03:58 PM
They play Dirty Magic, that's from Ignition, and they play Beheaded every now and then, and that's off of the S/T album.

Pena
11-03-2006, 04:13 PM
Really?

When they came to Brasil, they don't played anyone!!!:mad:

Tigger Army
11-03-2006, 04:19 PM
They barely do and only did that back when they rerecorded those songs so you can't really count those songs. The main reason they stopped playing them is because most "fans" don't care for those albums. They can't get the concert crowds go wild on those songs (sadly) so they choose not to play them.

Pena
11-03-2006, 04:29 PM
They barely do and only did that back when they rerecorded those songs so you can't really count those songs. The main reason they stopped playing them is because most "fans" don't care for those albums. They can't get the concert crowds go wild on those songs (sadly) so they choose not to play them.

Is not fair with the old fans Tigger!:(

I like very much the new songs but I want to listen the old too.

Tigger Army
11-03-2006, 04:46 PM
Is not fair with the old fans Tigger!:(

I like very much the new songs but I want to listen the old too.

If they did a tour with only songs from the first two, three or four albums I'd be there guaranteed (at least if it's possible transportationwise). Now I just don't have the desire to see them as long as they play what they play.

ZagmenO
11-03-2006, 04:55 PM
They gotta mix it up, though. It can't just be either the newer songs or the older songs. It's gotta be a combination of both, ya know?

Tigger Army
11-03-2006, 05:01 PM
There are too many songs for that though. Especially since the songs that made it as a single (I'll be waiting and Bagdad excluded) are basically must-play-songs regardless how shitty they are

Pena
11-03-2006, 05:11 PM
There are too many songs for that though. Especially since the songs that made it as a single (I'll be waiting and Bagdad excluded) are basically must-play-songs regardless how shitty they are

I'll Be Waiting is fantastic!!!

Imagine to listen this song in a show?:rolleyes:

Tigger Army
11-03-2006, 05:37 PM
would be nice, but eventhough it was technically seen a single there's about 0% chance they'll play it

joey1234
11-03-2006, 05:52 PM
I love "Iīll be waiting". Itīs my favorite song from their first album. Just out of curiosity... Tigger Army? Is this name related to "Tiger Army", the band?

Venom Symbiote
11-03-2006, 06:30 PM
Pena's the best poster on the forums. Bwahaha. Fo'serious. Izzle.

Haha!

Great.

It's all record label politics, dude. It's all about the ownership rights.

Tigger Army
11-04-2006, 01:06 AM
I love "Iīll be waiting". Itīs my favorite song from their first album. Just out of curiosity... Tigger Army? Is this name related to "Tiger Army", the band?

The name is more related to the character of the disney cartoons. Though I have to admit it's not exactly an accident that it looks related to the band. I must say I think that Tiger Army is a fairly good band.

offspringer24
11-04-2006, 02:08 AM
they still play session at nearly every show in england

HeadAroundU
11-04-2006, 02:25 AM
They played 1 or 2 special songs each concert at warped tour last year. Burn it Up, L.A.P.D., Get It Right, Session, Take it like a Man, Beheaded.
Just read Atom's journals:
http://www.offspring.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Offspring.woa/wa/journalList

And PENA, It's "albums" and NOT "albuns".:)

Camilamazed
11-04-2006, 08:31 AM
I'm really looking forward to listening those songs in a tour.:)

Pena
11-04-2006, 09:25 AM
Pena's the best poster on the forums. Bwahaha. Fo'serious. Izzle.

Haha!

Great.

uhauhauhauhauhauahuahuahuahauhauhauauhauhauahuauau

You're a nice man Venom!

But, maybe you're right but, if they play old songs in another countries the record label don't make restrictions, right?:confused:

And PENA, It's "albums" and NOT "albuns".:)

uhauhauhauauahuahuahauauuahuahuaua

Thanks HAU! I knew that I was wrong but, gone...

I'm really looking forward to listening those songs in a tour.:)

Me too!!!

Forza
11-04-2006, 11:19 AM
Those songs are so 1992 and before.

Venom Symbiote
11-04-2006, 07:38 PM
uhauhauhauhauhauahuahuahuahauhauhauauhauhauahuauau

You're a nice man Venom!

Dude, you so remind me of that Borat guy. "Very nice!"

"Conan, do you have red pubis?"

Hah-hah-hooh-hah. Hilarity.

nameless
11-04-2006, 09:46 PM
they still play session at nearly every show in england

they have never played anything from the self titled or ignition albums at any of the gigs ive been to! they do mix their set list slightly, its pretty much the songs youd expect to hear from more recent albums and a few forgotten gems from smash and ixnay on the hombre that werent realeased as singles!

although they may only change a few songs a night, there are other bands who just use the same gimmicks at every single show!

part of the reason that they dont play older songs is that they really got their break through with smash and people are more familiar with their later albums! also, ive noticed at the uk shows, a lot of the people there probably werent born when even smash was released!

you can say the same about bands like metallica and iron maiden as they still play older songs at shows but the self titled and ignition albums arent really of the same status!

Little_Miss_1565
11-04-2006, 10:18 PM

...wait. S/T was practically self-released, and now Nitro has the rights to it. Epitaph has the rights for Ignition, but also Smash, so why would they be able to play things from Smash and not Ignition if the label was barring them from material?

Venom Symbiote
11-05-2006, 12:39 AM
Yeah, maybe I jumped a little far ahead with that statement.

I know once they first signed to Columbia that label frowned on them playing the pre-Smash stuff live, though. Maybe it wasn't legally binding, but the company didn't favour it. They didn't have a problem with the Smash tracks since they were the ones people knew and loved. The group did play some Ignition on the Ixnay tour though, so who knows, right?

And yeah, I overlooked the fact that Dexter owns the self-titled rights. Brain-fart, I guess, my mistake.

Although, for an unrelated reason perhaps, they did stop playing the ST stuff almost entirely between '96 and '05. But you're right, that particular decision probably wasn't label-oriented.

German Andres
11-05-2006, 05:05 PM
I'll Be Waiting is fantastic!!!

Imagine to listen this song in a show?:rolleyes:

Yeah, I can imagine it. Awesome. But I`d prefer them playing Mission from God:cool:

Dr Appetite
11-05-2006, 06:47 PM
Ignition is the best album. They are all good but all wail in comparison to Ignition, except for Ixnay on The Hombre, that one is up there too.

zacsta
11-06-2006, 03:40 AM

yeh thats cos all of those fuckwits are the people who are fans of pretty fly and crap

Venom Symbiote
11-06-2006, 03:04 PM
Quiet, n00b.

JohnnyNemesis
11-06-2006, 03:06 PM
It's pretty different for the band. Sure, as fans, we adore the old stuff, but this is stuff they came up with 14-20 years ago. They're probably not only sick of the music, but man, if I had to bring myself back to where I was 14 years ago, I'd resent the hell out of it.

That, plus the obvious reason that they're no longer advertising those albums, so there's much less incentive to perform songs from there.

But yeah, good albums.

yeh thats cos all of those fuckwits are the people who are fans of pretty fly and crap

You're an idiot.

RageAndLov
11-08-2006, 02:29 PM
It's pretty different for the band. Sure, as fans, we adore the old stuff, but this is stuff they came up with 14-20 years ago. They're probably not only sick of the music, but man, if I had to bring myself back to where I was 14 years ago, I'd resent the hell out of it.

That, plus the obvious reason that they're no longer advertising those albums, so there's much less incentive to perform songs from there.

But yeah, good albums.

they dont play songs on tours to entertain themselves, but to entertain the fans, and some fans wants to hear the old songs too

Little_Miss_1565
11-08-2006, 10:58 PM
they dont play songs on tours to entertain themselves, but to entertain the fans, and some fans wants to hear the old songs too

The key there is "some." It also comes down to what the band feels works best in a live setting. "Amazed" has always been one of my favorites, and they don't play it live because when they did it got a very lukewarm reception. And from what someone pointed out earlier, they DID work 1 'special' old song into Warped sets.

HeadAroundU
11-09-2006, 09:56 AM
That someone is me. :D ;)

Killboy
11-09-2006, 10:29 PM
This makes me wonder... what if they play hopeless??? That'd be totally awesome!!! I'd die in euphoria...

Jakebert
11-10-2006, 04:59 AM

How would you like it if you had to go out every night and play the same songs that you were playing 15 years ago? I don't know about you, but I'd be pretty fucking bored.

Dexter_H
11-10-2006, 05:26 AM
You have really missed the point there. They ARE playing the same songs every show. Playing songs from 15 years ago is a rarity, since they pretty much cut all self titled live songs after smash except beheaded (which is very very rarely played). So by playing these old songs, they add variety. I think they should stop playing the same songs every night and be more spontaneous.

DexterWannabe
11-10-2006, 06:38 AM
but then mabye some fans would be sad cuz they didn't played their favouritesong on that show but they did the day after? see where i'm heading?
the fans would be jealous

Pena
11-10-2006, 11:15 AM
I think they should stop playing the same songs every night and be more spontaneous.

In this way shows would be always different. Set list would have that to change and nor they constantly they would nauseate to work!

Jakebert
11-10-2006, 12:59 PM
You have really missed the point there. They ARE playing the same songs every show. Playing songs from 15 years ago is a rarity, since they pretty much cut all self titled live songs after smash except beheaded (which is very very rarely played). So by playing these old songs, they add variety. I think they should stop playing the same songs every night and be more spontaneous.

Most big bands do the same, or almost the same, setlist for every show. The point is that they played the songs from Ignition and self-titled to death. They probably got bored with them around Ixnay, and now there's not a huge reason to play them. Especially with self-titled, which while a decent album, I don't blame them for wanting to get away from it seeing as it's basically a TSOL rip off.

bwwatson
04-09-2009, 10:10 PM
I'm I the only one who remembers LAPD! Come on, great song, like to hear that live one more time.

renato piquette
04-10-2009, 09:01 PM
They play Dirty Magic, that's from Ignition, and they play Beheaded every now and then, and that's off of the S/T album.

no,they don`t,they used to,10 y.a.

renato piquette
04-10-2009, 09:02 PM
I'm I the only one who remembers LAPD! Come on, great song, like to hear that live one more time.

that`s`probably the last song they would play,just because of the "n" word

Szandi
04-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Friends,

Why Offspring don't play anyone song from Ignition and the self titled? This albuns are very nice and I would like to see they play Dirtymagic or Black Ball for exemple!

I like very much the other albuns too but there was a part of the Offspring history and couldn't be forgot it.

Yeah, I agree
I'd like this playing list.:

1. Beheaded
2. Blackball
3. Kick him when he's down
4. Demons
5. Get it right
6. Kill the president
7. Dirty magic
8. L.A.P.D.
9. Jennifer lost the war
10. Burn it up

and The Noose, the noose, the noose, the noose.:)

Powerh
04-11-2009, 12:33 PM
THE ANSWER IS HERE :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9hKpM25Fcc&feature=channel_page

renato piquette
04-11-2009, 12:37 PM
i love how they never really answer the questions people ask them

Szandi
04-11-2009, 12:51 PM
i love how they never really answer the questions people ask them

hehe.
maybe They also don't know. :)

Krojd
04-11-2009, 02:02 PM

I HATE that reason...I really do.

RageAndLov
04-13-2009, 06:09 PM
How would you like it if you had to go out every night and play the same songs that you were playing 15 years ago? I don't know about you, but I'd be pretty fucking bored.

But that's exactly what they are doing! They play Pretty Fly night after night after night since the release of Americana. I can asure you that they have played that song every night since 1998. That's eleven years with the same song! And not to mention Self Esteem, Bad Habit, Come Out And Play. Same songs played every night since 1994. The same songs that they were playing 15 years ago.

They should be sick to their stomach just by thinking about the singles.. I think they would be much happier personally if they played songs from Ignition and S/T more often. And so would their biggest fans.

randman21
04-13-2009, 06:19 PM
But that's exactly what they are doing! They play Pretty Fly night after night after night since the release of Americana. I can asure you that they have played that song every night since 1998. That's eleven years with the same song! And not to mention Self Esteem, Bad Habit, Come Out And Play. Same songs played every night since 1994. The same songs that they were playing 15 years ago.

They should be sick to their stomach just by thinking about the singles.. I think they would be much happier personally if they played songs from Ignition and S/T more often. And so would their biggest fans.
Haha, nice reply.