PDA

View Full Version : Last night

nieh
11-04-2006, 01:10 PM
My brother's band played the fucking TLA in Philly. THE TLA! To give you an idea of how huge a step up that is from the bars and stuff they normally play at, some of the bands playing there in the next month are +44, Papa Roach, Cheap Trick, The Living End, Jet, Victor Wooten, CKY, Straylight Run, etc. Anyway, they opened up for a band called Mute Math who just released an album on Warner Bros. a few weeks back. Normally when they play a show they turn down the stage lights and bring along their own red lights to set up behind them on stage. There was no need for that last night because they had an actual light show going on behind them. How fucking cool is that? The place was probably about 2/3 full when they first went on and the crowd really seemed to love them. It was awesome.

This is the only picture I currently have of the show and it's incredibly dark so you can't really see just how many people there are.
http://i11.tinypic.com/333y62d.jpg

Should this have gone in other bands?

Stranger With Candy
11-04-2006, 01:13 PM
thats relly cool. what cind of music do they play?

WebDudette
11-04-2006, 01:14 PM
North Star Infinite?

coke_a_holic
11-04-2006, 03:09 PM
Damn! That's awesome!

nieh
11-04-2006, 05:58 PM
thats relly cool. what cind of music do they play?
Kind of prog mixed with punk mixed with indie rock. Think Mars Volta and At the Drive In mixed with Isis or something. http://www.myspace.com/northstarinfinite if you want to hear them.

North Star Infinite?
Yes.

Damn! That's awesome!
Yeah. It was a great show. I hope they're able to get more like that.

Rag Doll
11-04-2006, 07:18 PM
i would have liked to have seen them again. boo!

they should obviously organize their shows around my work schedule. psh.

Little_Miss_1565
11-04-2006, 08:18 PM
That's friggin' awesome! Looks like the TLA could eat the Khyber several times over. :)

nieh
11-04-2006, 08:24 PM
they should obviously organize their shows around my work schedule. psh.
Clearly that's the only way they're going to make it big.

That's friggin' awesome! Looks like the TLA could eat the Khyber several times over. :)
True. They actually just played the Khyber last week with Zolof the Rock and Roll Destroyer and Your Black Star (former Elliott member(s)).

Little_Miss_1565
11-04-2006, 08:32 PM
I LOVE ZOLOF THE ROCK AND ROLL DESTROYER.

OK, your brother's band is now officially cool. ;)

nieh
11-04-2006, 08:36 PM
You mean they weren't cool just by being related to me?

Little_Miss_1565
11-04-2006, 08:37 PM
Okay, okay, you got me. But they became REALLY cool for the Zolof thing.

nieh
11-04-2006, 08:44 PM
That's what I thought.
They're actually playing NYC sometime in the not too distant future. Last time they were there they ended up playing to nobody. The other bands on the bill didn't know they were playing so when they made the fliers up they said the show was starting an hour later than it actually was so no one was there by the time they started.

Jebus
11-04-2006, 08:47 PM
I can't remember if I liked them or not. I'm probably gonna end up hating the singer's voice and liking everything else just like always. I'll check them out in a minute.

nieh
11-04-2006, 08:57 PM
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/738/crowdbd8.jpg

Here's a slightly better shot of the crowd. I'm not sure how well you can tell, but there's a seated bar area thing in back on the second floor that had a bunch of people watching as well.