PDA

View Full Version : Dexter Is An Asshole

harmony
11-05-2006, 04:06 AM
Ghandi my ass. Dexter is one of the world's biggest assholes who only cares about himself and his public image. There isn't anything nice about him. bWhen I did talk to him, all he did was lie. I wish I never met him.:mad:

H1T_That
11-05-2006, 04:07 AM
fuk off Dexter is da shiz.

the_GoDdEsS
11-05-2006, 04:09 AM
Who cares?

offspring dude
11-05-2006, 04:12 AM
1ST: Wrong forum dickhead.

2ND: Shut the fuck up man you dont know what you're on about, atleast give us a reason why you hate him so much, actually im not even gonna bother saying all the reason why u are a stupid dumshit motherfukin spamming shit

H1T_That
11-05-2006, 04:14 AM
1ST: Wrong forum dickhead.

2ND: Shut the fuck up man you dont know what you're on about, atleast give us a reason why you hate him so much, actually im not even gonna bother saying all the reason why u are a stupid dumshit motherfukin spamming shit

lolololololololololol

offspring dude
11-05-2006, 04:15 AM
i know l0l. sudden neeed to get my angryness out

H1T_That
11-05-2006, 04:16 AM
i know l0l. sudden neeed to get my angryness out

You don't get it.

Even bigger lolololololololololololololololol

Manic Subsidal Boy
11-05-2006, 04:16 AM
Try looking for support, you've sure come to the right place. Dex kicks arse!

offspring dude
11-05-2006, 04:17 AM
You don't get it.

Even bigger lolololololololololololololololol

ok then. (btw i wasnt angry cuz of the thing, im just in bad mood because of family and needed to insult someone)

H1T_That
11-05-2006, 04:19 AM
ok then. (btw i wasnt angry cuz of the thing, im just in bad mood because of family and needed to insult someone)

The lolz be growing with every post.

offspring dude
11-05-2006, 04:20 AM
The lolz be growing with every post.

damn.

LOLZ getting bigger with that? i guess so

Stranger With Candy
11-05-2006, 04:22 AM
Dexter never talks to me and i have been stalking him for 5 years now:(
what an asshole :mad:

H1T_That
11-05-2006, 04:24 AM
damn.

LOLZ getting bigger with that? i guess so

damn, pwned. :(

killer_queen
11-05-2006, 05:07 AM
Ghandi my ass. Dexter is one of the world's biggest assholes who only cares about himself and his public image. There isn't anything nice about him. bWhen I did talk to him, all he did was lie. I wish I never met him.:mad:

Translation: I saw Dexter. I met him. And then I talked to him. And he talked to me. Be jealous bitches.

JoY
11-05-2006, 05:50 AM
I read "pubic image". strange..

Little_Miss_1565
11-05-2006, 06:29 AM
Well, shit. Guess I'll have to stop listening to the Offspring, then.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Mota Boy
11-05-2006, 08:47 AM
Ghandi my ass. Dexter is one of the world's biggest assholes who only cares about himself and his public image.
I kinda like the implication here that everyone thinks that Ghandi is one of the world's biggest assholes who only cared about his public image, but that he actually pales in comparison to Dexter.

calichix
11-05-2006, 11:38 AM
lie about what?

harmony
11-05-2006, 12:55 PM
In the one post made by Dexter, he said that his friends call him Ghandi and that he's a nice guy. I used to think he was a great guy, but then I met him and he was a complete jerk, and I never got to see him be a nice a guy. Now I wish I never met him, then i could go back to thinking he was a great guy. The lies he told were part of his act that day.

nieh
11-05-2006, 01:07 PM
Even nice guys have bad days. I'm pretty sure he just hated you though.

Nina
11-05-2006, 01:07 PM
Uh. what exactly has he done to be a jerk? I have the feeling that you're upset over no real reason.

Amazed
11-05-2006, 01:35 PM
Yeah, I'd like to know why you think he's a jerk. You still haven't told us that.

HeadAroundU
11-05-2006, 01:47 PM
Dalai Llama my ass, harmony. You'll be sentenced to death by banning if you don't tell us what happened.

0r4ng3
11-05-2006, 02:08 PM
I think it's funny that this guy assumed that Dexter was really nice only because Dexter himself said so.

JohnnyNemesis
11-05-2006, 02:13 PM
Dexter likes everyone except you. Lol.

Yatesy
11-05-2006, 02:17 PM
Dexter thinks it's cool to hate. :cool: :rolleyes:

0r4ng3
11-05-2006, 02:21 PM
Dexter doesn't give a fuck if it's good enough for you.

Yatesy
11-05-2006, 02:22 PM
I just think Harmony is a trendy ass-hole. :cool:

Linda
11-05-2006, 02:23 PM
And Dexter's not.

JohnnyNemesis
11-05-2006, 02:25 PM
Linda: is your user title meant to refer to the guitarist of the band? If so, the apostrophe should be after the s, not before it, since his name is "Noodles" and not "Noodle". If it's not meant to refer to the guitarist, then...well, I'm stupid.

Oh, and Dexter's built it up man, so bad he can taste.

Linda
11-05-2006, 02:41 PM
Linda: is your user title meant to refer to the guitarist of the band? If so, the apostrophe should be after the s, not before it, since his name is "Noodles" and not "Noodle". If it's not meant to refer to the guitarist, then...well, I'm stupid.

Ooops! You're not stupid, I am! :p I'll fix it!

DeAtHsTaR
11-05-2006, 04:26 PM
In the one post made by Dexter, he said that his friends call him Ghandi and that he's a nice guy. I used to think he was a great guy, but then I met him and he was a complete jerk, and I never got to see him be a nice a guy. Now I wish I never met him, then i could go back to thinking he was a great guy. The lies he told were part of his act that day.
That post was a joke, gaytard.

calichix
11-06-2006, 01:21 AM
wait. what did he lie about...?

Llamas
11-06-2006, 01:27 AM
he lied about being nice! lolz.

ninthlayer
11-06-2006, 02:27 AM
im just in bad mood because of family and needed to insult someone
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b46/penguinfites/and20it20feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeels.jpg

Llamas
11-06-2006, 02:54 AM
who is that guy?? he looks like dexter!!!! what an asshole!

darea
11-06-2006, 03:18 AM
It's stupid to not want to listen to the offspring just because you think dexter isnt nice, people can just be nice one day and be jerks the other and still be nice guys!!! and yeah if he didnt like you well there's no reason why he shouldnt just say what he wants, he doesn't give a fuck if it's good enough for you, cause he's alive!!!!!

Llamas
11-06-2006, 03:44 AM
*head explodes*

Kathy
11-06-2006, 07:22 AM
m...

Harmony: *screams* ohhh man! its Dexy! wiii, yay..etc etc*stupid bounce*
Dexter: Yeah, well.. Hello..
Harmony: Oh man, I love you, I wanna be your biggest groupie! adopt me! IloveyouIloveyouIloveyouIloveyou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! ADOPT ME PLZ!!!!!
Dexter: Well, no thank you..
Harmony: Sex plz????
Dexter: NO thank you..
Harmony: Blowjob?? yes?
Dexter: NO thank you..
Harmony: Touch?
Dexter: NO thank you. Have a nice day!

Harmony's <3 now is </3..
*Harmony feels like shit*
*Cries for weeks*
And now, she/he/it wants revenge with this stupid post.

That's all it happened.

Italia311
11-06-2006, 07:39 AM
He refused to autograph your bra didn't he...

I know, I know...I feel your pain...

JoY
11-06-2006, 07:46 AM
& Kathy wins this thread.

DeAtHsTaR
11-06-2006, 08:24 AM
who is that guy?? he looks like dexter!!!! what an asshole!Check out my band at www.myspace.com/dtoxrockers

Oh yeah, DexterisMYasshole.

Stranger With Candy
11-06-2006, 08:32 AM
Check out my band at www.myspace.com/dtoxrockers

oh my god! why did i listen to that song!

leo3375
11-06-2006, 03:10 PM
I really didn't want to reply to this but I feel I must:

harmony, why do you think Dexter's an ass? What did he do or say to you? If you can't answer these questions, where did you hear that he's far from a nice guy? I mean, yeah he'll have his crappy days and crappy moods but he's only human. We all have those moments.

In my experience, Dexter is ridiculously nice and very gracious. He can be weirded out every now and then but he doesn't think of himself as being better than everyone else.

SkunkIt
11-06-2006, 03:34 PM
Check out my band at www.myspace.com/dtoxrockers

We love him, even though he's old and has man boobs. :(

darea
11-07-2006, 07:43 AM
yeah I'd really like to know what he did so that you are so mad at him, kathy's scenario seems to sum up what might have happened!!!!! We love him, great musician and very possibly great guy, dont need to meet him to guess that, just need to see the greatest hit dvd and stuff. he's not that old, 40......

JoY
11-07-2006, 08:21 AM
why do people always attach a personality to music? it's your personality & taste that defines whether you like someone's music, or not. not the music's, or the musician's. & it doesn't work the other way around; music doesn't define a personality.

when you like the music, that doesn't mean you like the musician personally aswell. music isn't a direct reflection of the personality of the maker, duh. it's a reflection of his/her musical skills, thoughts, imagination & taste in music. not whether he/she is a kind person, or not. I mean, what the fuck?

you love the music, not the musician. in most cases you don't even fucking know the musician. you only know his/her music. I don't see how people confuse those two. & suppose you meet the musician & you don't like him, then why the fuck would you stop liking his/her music? you liked it before, didn't you?

I guess I don't understand the principles of fandom.

Llamas
11-07-2006, 01:01 PM
Joy is correct. Many of the musicians I love are/were assholes. Take Charlie Parker, who cheated on his wives, did thousands of drugs, missed gigs because he was so high in the bathroom, and died from drugs. You don't have to like the artist just because you like the music. However, you CAN like the artists if you actually KNOW them. The media feeds you bullshit, too.

bobinator
11-07-2006, 10:15 PM
not half the media control peoples lives, if u listen to the radio they have all these crap songs and all the assholes think theyre cool kos they listen to them...

darea
11-08-2006, 02:36 AM
yeah Joy is correct, why make a stupid thread like this in the first place, it will just humiliate/embarass you, but that's your problem. There's this rapper Necro, his music is awesome and so are his lyrics, I spoke to him on msn once and just decided I'm not bothered about talking to him cause we don't have anything to say to each other, he might be an asshole or he might not be, but I guess just listening to the lyrics of his songs explains just how he might be. But I still listen to his music and stuff, there's no point going all stupid and not listening because you don't like the guy.....

the_GoDdEsS
11-08-2006, 02:47 AM
This is a stupid thread but it's nothing unusual and I would not blame the person who made it. Almost all kids have their hero, someone they look up to, an idol, some idealised person they have a certain cool image of. Eventually that image is bound to break because in the end even those idols are imperfect humans. And kids don't realise that.

JoY
11-08-2006, 04:06 AM
did you miss something in your youth, if you never had an idol/hero?

I don't get it, because I've never experienced this kind of fandom. I've never made speculations on the personality of someone who I looked upto for some reason. it's always just an aspect of a person you idolise, like someone's musical skills, not the person him-/herself. when I was a teen, I've been like; "ohhh he's lyke so awesome with a guitar!!!!1", but not; "ohhh he's lyke so awesome!!!!1".

there's only one band I've ever considered myself a fan of since the age of 15. I think they make fun, awesome music. I've met them a couple of times. we also drank a beer once, when they were still impopular. I don't know if they're still as layed back, enthousiastic, friendly & cool as they were then, it'd be a waste if they weren't. *sigh* but then again, it's not like I really actually care. if I care, it's only because I know a bit about how they used to be. but even then, I don't really care. I only care about the fact they don't do small concerts anymore, due to certain popularity.

Llamas
11-08-2006, 01:30 PM
I was like that about the cast members of Buffy, and about the offspring, from when I was like 13 until I was 15. Then I grew out of it. I dunno, it's pretty typical for *nerdy* kids. Cool/trendy kids don't do that, I don't think. It's the nerdy or weird ones.

Nina
11-08-2006, 03:08 PM
Well, I guess I'll make myself really unpopular now, but the whole personality of a person I look up to is *always* of interest to me at one point. I think this has to do with the fact that I am incredibly, wholeheartly interested/fascinated when I admire someone. I think it comes to handy to search for characteristics of the person you like to be able to find out what exactly you like, so you can become a better person (or at least the person you want to be).

I am horrible at explaining things, so I will just use an example: There is one actor who I admire a lot. And the more I see of him, the more I see that his personality is better than his acting, and it made me realize that it was his personality that made me like him so much in the first place. He has personality traits that I am envious of, because I dont have them at all.

And since I find it necessary for myself to improve myself and grow - personality-wise - I look closely to the character of a loved/liked person to see if there is something inspiring to pick out.

JoY
11-08-2006, 04:08 PM
as I said, I can admire qualities of a person & wish I was like that, becoming inspired/motivated in whatever way to work on myself. for instance, I started teaching myself to play the piano, after I fell in love with a band (not their personality, lolz) & a certain song by them, played on the piano.

of course you pick up things from other people, mimic aspects of other people upto a certain level in a certain way. the fact you even use language purely comes from imitating your own parents. so you saw something they could - communicate - that you wanted to learn & there you went.

when I look around me, at myself, at my friends & everyone I love & admire, I see things in everyone I recognise in myself, or aspects I wish I had (even if only a little). like structure. my boyfriend is so incredibly organised, it's amazing. & I love that about him & I wish I was more organised & often, when I think about how he can do it too, he indirectly teaches me to be less chaotic. for me to be as structured as he is would be outright unnatural & unhealthy, though. some things you just admire in someone else & even though you feel it's one awesome quality they've got going there, you don't necessarily feel you wish you were like that. because you're you & it wouldn't even suit you anyway.

but I'm talking about people I know, who I look upto in a way for a certain reason. I just can't imagine how that works when I don't know someone. how can you possibly guess someone's personality? okay, things shine through, but I don't actually trust people to constantly behave like themselves, like they are, like they want - especially not on stage. people who know each other turn out to be different than the other thought they were all the time. why think you know the character of someone you entirely don't know?

one more thing; when attaching a character to a musician.. you image him/her being like that, so basically you create it. you like a musician's music, well, then you have something with the musician in common. so in the personality you imagine for him/her, there are characteristics/qualities you have aswell. so doh, you like the musician as a whole. you picture him basically kind of like you picture yourself a little. if you entirely don't like someone's music, it's going to be the oposite.

so whatever you make out someone famous to be.. it says more about yourself than about them.

Nina
11-08-2006, 04:28 PM
Well, I wasnt talking about music. I dont make personalities up when I listen to music or admire a band's work. That's also why I know next to nothing about my favorite musicians. I seriously dont know the names of the band members of my fav band. Because I dont feel like hunting information about them down. I just enjoy the music a LOT.

What I meant was what you hear about a person in interviews of all kinds. For me that doesnt include musicians, but it certainly could, it's just not to my personal taste.
I am not saying I know any of them..I am in fact faaaarr away from knowing them. But I dont understand why you use that as an argument to say that it's impossible to like them anyway. Arent little things enough? I didnt say that I know the entire character of a person. I even believe that I dont know the entire character of anyone, except mine, and not even that is certain. I just said that I TRY to understand characters. And I honestly think we all do.

Basically, I dont understand your arguments. If we take this BBS for instance, we can say that we dont know each other as much as we know our families and friends irl (notice how I dont compare any of this to celebrities yet. That's the next step which I will get to later). But I know for a fact that everyone I talk to admires qualities of at least one person on here. Why not? It's human. Now transfer that to someone who you hear about but have never talked to personally.

Maybe you cant imagine it because you have never experienced it. But many fans really listen to EVERY interview of their liked celebrities. Not saying I do, just saying it exists. I am pretty sure they can say they have a gimpse of what the person is like. You just cant pretend to be a certain way for YEARS. I am speaking of years, not of "a couple minutes". You know?

But this is just babble. Here comes the important part:

What do we know, anyway? I just dunno if it's worth arguing over. Even if a celebrity pretends in all his interviews, shows, etc...it wouldnt stop me from liking it and wanting to improve myself as a person. That would happen to anyone who I see and consider a person with "good" personality traits - whether it's fake or not. An example for that would be fictional characters, like in books or movies. They dont exist...other people just *act* like them...still you can and eventuelly will find something amazing about the character.

Isolated Fury
11-08-2006, 04:30 PM
Is having a man-crush considered having an idol?

Llamas
11-08-2006, 08:05 PM
Nina- what you described is NOT the same. What we were talking about before was the concept of loving a person's music/acting, so you just presumably love that person as an individual. What you're talking about is loving what a person does, and then deciding to learn more about that person. I do that myself quite a bit. The biggest example of this for me is Seth Green. When anyone asks me who my favorite actor is, I say Seth Green. And then I get laughed at. I originally saw him on Buffy, and I thought he was very good at his part, and that he was hot. So I checked out the other things he was in, and I continually thought he was a good actor. Once I looked into his interviews and what kind of person he seems to be (also, I hate the show Punk'd, but I watched the one he was on...), and he became my favorite actor.

The opposite effect is a person like Vanessa Carlton. I love her music, so I went to her concert and started looking more into her. I found out that she is very pretentious and treats her band and coworkers like shit, and I lost a lot of respect for her.

This is comparable to what we were talking about earlier: you and I are talking about learning about someone's personality and then making a decision from there. Idolizing someone often involves ignoring the negative and making up the positive. If I was like the people who were getting ridiculed, I would have ignored all the crappy things I found out about Vanessa, and focused on the good things in order to keep up my positive image of her.

When you said "what do we know anyway", that makes me think of the fact that a lot of celebrities are portrayed falsely in the media to make money. Christina with her innocent phase to bad girl phase to mature woman phase... what's really her? Most of her obsessed fans think that the innocense was an immature phase and that the bad girl is really her. Others think the bad girl image is a money making gimmik. How do I really know Seth Green is a good guy? I don't. But it's nice to "know" that your favorite famous people are genuinely good people, and not douchebags like jennifer lopez. :)

HornyPope
11-08-2006, 09:08 PM
Hahahahaha at the fandom of the Offspring. Even in a Dexter thread, most people rather discuss random bullshit than comment on the lead singer. I bet Dexter is crushed... It's the years, man, it's the years.

Llamas
11-08-2006, 10:32 PM
I like dexter, but I don't think there's a whole lot of info on him. he's pretty shy, so it's hard to tell what he's like. Plus I feel like he's been so discussed on the on-topic that people don't want to talk about him yet again.

Little_Miss_1565
11-08-2006, 11:04 PM
Plus I feel like he's been so discussed on the on-topic that people don't want to talk about him yet again.

Heh, well, it's certainly never stopped anyone.

Nina
11-09-2006, 03:37 AM
Nina- what you described is NOT the same. What we were talking about before was the concept of loving a person's music/acting, so you just presumably love that person as an individual. What you're talking about is loving what a person does, and then deciding to learn more about that person.

I am aware of that...
I just felt like writing my own experience concerning this issue. And it went into a slightly different topic. But Bella replied to me, right? So the discussion went on...

I at least wasnt talking about idolizing, because I think that most grown up people dont do that anymore. To be honest, it's just not a subject of interest to me cause I think we all know it's a little ignorant to do that when one knows better.

Llamas
11-09-2006, 03:40 AM
I'm sorry, it sounds like you felt a little attacked by my post. I didn't mean to sound so. And to be honest, I replied to your post before reading on. That was my mistake. Then after I read them, I didn't take the time to go back and fix/delete my post.

Nina
11-09-2006, 03:41 AM
I wasnt feeling attacked ;D Just really tired cause I woke up late...and we both know what happens when you sleep too much ;(

JoY
11-09-2006, 09:20 AM
But this is just babble. Here comes the important part:

What do we know, anyway? I just dunno if it's worth arguing over. Even if a celebrity pretends in all his interviews, shows, etc...it wouldnt stop me from liking it and wanting to improve myself as a person. That would happen to anyone who I see and consider a person with "good" personality traits - whether it's fake or not. An example for that would be fictional characters, like in books or movies. They dont exist...other people just *act* like them...still you can and eventuelly will find something amazing about the character.

yes, & with that I fully agree. =)
but in relation to this topic, the original post & the maker of the post.. that's something I can't wrap my mind around. I don't think we disagree. actually, we're talking about the same. I just don't get how people can assume someone uberfamous has a likable personality, when all you really like is what they show on stage. that's all I tried to say.

& llamas; yes.

wheelchairman
11-09-2006, 09:40 AM
DexterisMYasshole.

darea
11-10-2006, 03:48 AM
where's the person who posted this in the first place? gone away and not coming back?