PDA

View Full Version : Telefon Tel Aviv

XYlophonetreeZ
11-05-2006, 02:22 PM
OK, so basically this is total art-fag music, and I can't believe I like them so much. But I just happened upon them today, and I honestly cannot remember the last time I fell in love with any band so instantly. I am currently buying both of their full-length albums and their EP on iTunes and can't wait to hear everything.

They're kinda post-rockish, very electronic. They'll probably be too electronic for most people on here. I've seen them classified as "intelligent dance," and in their Myspace they classify themselves as "Ambient/Psychedelic/Electronica." They incorporate tons and tons of sounds into their music, including some conventional instruments and also a bunch of electronic noises, and they'll throw in some occasional female vocals.

Go listen to their listening station at www.telefontelaviv.com. (www.telefontelaviv.com) It's just 4 songs repeating, but they're all good. Especially "What it Was Will Never Again" and "When it Happens Don't Hesitate." Still recovering from my eargasms on those. One thing though: you really have to listen to the whole song. Like lots of electronic music, the songs progress a ton, and right when you think it's repetitive and going nowhere it'll suddenly spin into something different and awesome. Don't listen to a minute and be all "Eff this, its ghey."

I'll upload some songzzz from the soon-to-be-in-my-possession albums if anyone's interested. Even though I strongly suspect everyone else's reaction upon listening to this stuff will be "Wow, XYlophonetreeZ is a fucking queer."

BTW, one of their members is teaming up with some other dude to score the video game "Blast Factor," which'll be a launch title for PS3.

Endymion
11-05-2006, 02:58 PM
Wow, XYlophonetreeZ is a fucking queer.

Venom Symbiote
11-05-2006, 03:08 PM
Agreed.

Zomgz.

Rag Doll
11-05-2006, 09:24 PM
the clips of *fahrenheit fair enough* on itunes are pretty awesome. might end up picking that cd up at some point. very relaxing. nice...sleeping music.