PDA

View Full Version : music volume

Rockon3000
11-05-2006, 07:05 PM
I was just wondering do any of you guys have trouble with your your mums and dads going on about how loud your music is,my parents make me and my brother turn our music off when they come home from work.Its dumb!!!:mad:

Gayman
11-05-2006, 07:25 PM
Woah! Settle down Beavis.
And no, Idon't have problems with them....except if I listen to music loud at night.

Venom Symbiote
11-05-2006, 09:31 PM
Zomgz rebelz!

Man, I wish I were as cool as you.

Hey, here's an idea: show some fucking respect and turn down your music. If you're living at home it's your parent's house, so shut the hell up and do as they say, asscake.

Acoustic1804
11-05-2006, 11:21 PM
Zomgz rebelz!

Man, I wish I were as cool as you.

Hey, here's an idea: show some fucking respect and turn down your music. If you're living at home it's your parent's house, so shut the hell up and do as they say, asscake.

You're a parent aren't you?

Wear headphones.

Hypodermic_89
11-06-2006, 01:18 AM
Wear headphones.

EXACTLY! Headphones are extremely underrated. And no, I don't have problems with my parents when it comes to music.

Jojan
11-06-2006, 01:33 AM
You need to respect what your parents are saying to you. Obey them. Do you really need to listen to loud music all the time‽ No!, I would say. As said, use a pair of headphones.
Myself don't listen to loud music when myu parents are at home, but they listen to it when they're home. I think they are disrespectful - but I still need to be the good example.

darea
11-06-2006, 02:23 AM
my parents didnt mind me listening to the offspring when I was 8 years old and the smash album had just come out, they like punk music (they are fans of the sex pistols....) but yeah it really sucks when your parents ask you to turn your music down and stuff. my parents know that we can't listen to the offspring or any other of that music any other way than loud..... the only thing they don't like is having to listen to the same album 10 times a day, but I just listen to music in my room or when they are not there, then there's no prob

German Andres
11-06-2006, 06:19 AM
I was just wondering do any of you guys have trouble with your your mums and dads going on about how loud your music is,my parents make me and my brother turn our music off when they come home from work.Its dumb!!!:mad:

I have problems when I listen very loud in the night:(

Amazed
11-06-2006, 10:48 AM
I'm not allowed to listen to music unless I wear headphones or listen in my room. And the headphones annoy me 'cause the cabel is too short so I have to lean forward. We have portable headphones, but they don't work. :(

sad_statue_27
11-06-2006, 10:48 AM
I personally get pissed off when I'm told to turn my music down, mainly cos everyone else in the house has theirs just as loud, but just cos I listen to metal and heavy stuff no-one lets me have it on too loud. It should be one rule for all dammit!

But yeah headphones are good.

Jizzy Jeff Punk Man
11-06-2006, 12:02 PM
Actually, me and my dad rock out. He likes loud music just as much as I do...he doesn't like punk though...

Venom Symbiote
11-06-2006, 02:21 PM
You're a parent aren't you?

Haha, God no. I'm only 20.

But when I lived at home we had a real problem with my disrespectful shithead brother blasting his Blink and Green Day and Rise Against and other stuff at like 300 billion decibels. Also playing his guitar 8 hours a day with no job, the bum. Most parents are too nice and accomodating to tell them forcefully to turn it down, so it just goes unregulated.

If your folks tell you to turn your music down, listen to them. It's as simple as that. Headphones, or listen to it in your room at a reasonable level. It's not thtat fucking hard.

In a couple of years you'll all have driver's licenses and cars, and can listen to music as loud as you want on your own time. In your property.

But don't be shitty and force your parents to listen to music there's a 90% chance they don't like, at a loud volume.

Maaan. I feel old. Fucking generation gap, I swear people under like 17 now have no sense of responsibility or respect.

Biggest offspring fan
11-06-2006, 03:13 PM
I play offspring loud, very loud the whole house are shaking and my naihburs hear me. And then my parents come home complaining and saing that i can't play that loud. And i don't care as soon thay are gone i play it again. In school i play offspring in my phone and then the teachers are complayning. I drive moped and i put a stereo on it and then i am driving around and playing offspring loud. But the stereo got destroyed of to loud volume.

Amiralanal
11-06-2006, 03:45 PM

i had meatballs for lunch today

Camilamazed
11-06-2006, 05:26 PM
Unfortunately I'm only able to destroy my cells when I'm alone. Yeah, I still live with my parents and they cannot stand my music, unless it is Beatles, Elvis, Bon Jovi or Madonna

Acoustic1804
11-06-2006, 10:42 PM
naihburs

This made me lol quite a bit.

Venom Symbiote
11-07-2006, 02:26 AM
Yeah, he really needs to be turned into a human pincushion.

Krispy (Croatia)
11-07-2006, 09:55 AM
well, it depends on which kind of a relationship do you have with your parrents. you have to make a deal with them, otherwise the missunderstadning will remain. you have to explain to them why do you like listening to loud music. but, the real question is, do you know why? if you don't, then... you have a problem. start from there. try to talk as much as you can, cause i believe you have a gap in the comunication canal. try to put yourselves in their position. you're trying to do something in peace, and then, out of nowhere, bang! and the banging won't stop... it irritates you.
I had a simmilar problem with my mom, and when we talked, there still was problems because I didn't respect my part of the deal.

offspring dude
11-07-2006, 10:16 AM
someone needs to do that guessing their age ownage post again

Amazed
11-07-2006, 10:42 AM
Haha, God no. I'm only 20.

But when I lived at home we had a real problem with my disrespectful shithead brother blasting his Blink and Green Day and Rise Against and other stuff at like 300 billion decibels. Also playing his guitar 8 hours a day with no job, the bum. Most parents are too nice and accomodating to tell them forcefully to turn it down, so it just goes unregulated.

If your folks tell you to turn your music down, listen to them. It's as simple as that. Headphones, or listen to it in your room at a reasonable level. It's not thtat fucking hard.

In a couple of years you'll all have driver's licenses and cars, and can listen to music as loud as you want on your own time. In your property.

But don't be shitty and force your parents to listen to music there's a 90% chance they don't like, at a loud volume.

Maaan. I feel old. Fucking generation gap, I swear people under like 17 now have no sense of responsibility or respect.

You're right.

*awkward silence*

Amazed
11-07-2006, 10:51 AM
Unfortunately I'm only able to destroy my cells when I'm alone. Yeah, I still live with my parents and they cannot stand my music, unless it is Beatles, Elvis, Bon Jovi or Madonna

I don't want to come across as an asshole or anything, and I'm not saying people over.. hm... 22 who still live with their parents are losers, but don't you think it's time to move out soon? Also, I've noticed that a lot of people here still live with their parents even though they should have moved out ages ago. Interesting trend, isn't it?

RageAndLov
11-07-2006, 11:37 AM
this got nothing to do with offspring, but loud music generally
or does your parents tell you to turn down the volume when youre listening to offsping? so you could listen to linkin park twice as loud and your parents wouldnt mind?

rlplaymaker
11-07-2006, 11:40 AM

i did have problems with that, until i hit puberty that is.

rlplaymaker
11-07-2006, 11:40 AM
I don't want to come across as an asshole or anything, and I'm not saying people over.. hm... 22 who still live with their parents are losers, but don't you think it's time to move out soon? Also, I've noticed that a lot of people here still live with their parents even though they should have moved out ages ago. Interesting trend, isn't it?

and thats just because none of us have lives, thats all..........

Marco
11-07-2006, 11:51 AM
I've just got new speakers for my pc....logitech something....they're awesome!!!
Anyway,they won't let me hear one song a bit louder. But I do that when my parents aren't at home or when I'm with friends...
And I care about my ears...even if it cannot be compared to how much damage an iPod does.

Camilamazed
11-07-2006, 12:54 PM

That's okay. But again we come across with the Culture thing, you know. It's totally common for us Brazilian, live with our parents till we get married or something. I don't think I'm a loser because I still live with them... :)

xMikey90
11-08-2006, 05:06 AM
Im always getting told to turn my music down, if i turn it down anymore i wont hear it myself :O

Amazed
11-13-2006, 12:04 PM
That's okay. But again we come across with the Culture thing, you know. It's totally common for us Brazilian, live with our parents till we get married or something. I don't think I'm a loser because I still live with them... :)

Well, ok. then I suppose it's normal for you.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
11-13-2006, 09:25 PM

Hell no *turns my music up*

I even have 2 cops living next door. But they're stupid dumbshit goddam motherfuckers.

Little_Miss_1565
11-13-2006, 09:36 PM
Music really is a lot louder than it used to be:

http://www.austin360.com/music/content/music/stories/xl/2006/09/28cover.html

Llamas
11-13-2006, 11:02 PM
All you people who still live with your parents... and you hate that your parents don't let you blast music they don't want to hear... it's seriously about respect. I couldn't blast my music growing up (if I wanted it that loud, I wore headphones), and now in college, I've never had a roommate that had the SAME taste I do. Similar sometimes, but most of them I've never wanted to listen to the same things roommates do at the same time. My roommate on the other side of the wall here love techno and trance, which I'm not a huge fan of. He doesn't really care for anything that's not those two. When he's not home, I blast mine... when I'm not home, he blasts his. I put on headphones when he's home. It's just respect. Your parents aren't assholes for not wanting to hear your music. Wouldn't you be annoyed if you were trying to watch tv in the living room and your parents were blasting their music?

EDIT: that article seems like a little bit of a stretch... but it makes some decent claims. Dynamics are completely removed from all popular music these days, and even softer songs are super loud. And it's always the same fucking volume.

Little_Miss_1565
11-14-2006, 05:50 AM
The article seriously isn't a stretch at all. It was given to me by one of the guys at the studio where my band is recording.

MaF
11-14-2006, 01:01 PM
i listen it when they aren't home....imo - the best way :D
and, of course, earphones, but, imo, it's very harmful, 4 1st time u can't admit it, but u lose your hearing and u 'll be forced to speak with others with high volume voice :mad:

F@ BANKZ
11-14-2006, 02:15 PM
Only once when my alarm clock on the cd player player Disclaimer at full blast at 2 in the morning. Otherwise never.

Grabbal
11-23-2006, 09:46 AM
I just listen to my Ipod wherever I am