PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero II!!!!

Ocupation: Offspring
11-06-2006, 05:13 PM
Hell Yeah. . . Guitar Hero II. http://www.guitarherogame.com/ (the website) Who else is gonna get it? I'm getting it tommorow, even though it comes out on the 18th, I got connections.:p I still sont know what the guitar looks like, but i do belive its the Red SG. if anyone knows for sure let me know. Man you gotta check out the song list! Let me know what you guys/girls know.

Lodat225
11-06-2006, 05:34 PM
Im getting it.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/743/743905p1.html

0r4ng3
11-06-2006, 05:37 PM
The sole reason I find this game so awesome is that one of the hidden unlockable songs is Trogdor. That's right...

TROGDOOOOOOR!!!

Llamas
11-06-2006, 05:55 PM
haha! that's amazing! dun nu nu dAHHH! dun nu nu DAHHH! dun nu nu dah du dah du dah du!

my roommate's boyfriend has guitar hero and he brings it over sometimes... when he leaves it here, I get very addicted for hours on end... which is not normal for me to do that with a video game. 4srs.

coke_a_holic
11-06-2006, 06:15 PM
I would want this game if I weren't already able to play guitar so fast that my neck catches fire.

Oh well.

PS: IT HAS PRIMUS ON IT! John the Fisherman!

Llamas
11-06-2006, 06:17 PM
I don't get it... I can play the guitar, too. guitar hero isn't like actually playing guitar... it's much different. and funnnn!

coke_a_holic
11-06-2006, 06:22 PM
Basically, it's like a $70 simulation of something I already do. It is fun, though, I played it in a store and had plenty of fun defeating some guy who already had it and thought I would be an easy target because I'd never played before. It's just not worth it to me for the game AND the controller monetarily. One of my friends might get it, though, I can't wait to pwnz him at life.

Llamas
11-06-2006, 06:24 PM
that's like saying, I already know how to drive a car, so buying a car game isn't worth it. They're quite different. I don't really find them very comparable, I guess. Or my good friend is a dance major, and she still finds DDR amazingly fun.

coke_a_holic
11-06-2006, 06:32 PM
There's no need to shell out $70 for a game that just simulates what I do for pretty much a 3rd of my day already, though. If I can avoid spending unnecessary money, I will, and I don't see why it's such a big deal

Also, DDR doesn't count as dancing, despite it being in the name twice. I think they should call it SSR for Stomp Stomp Revolution, it's somewhat more fitting. And that's a pretty false analogy with the car games, as they're generally racing or stealing games, which you generally don't do during your morning commute. If they come out with a driving simulator when I'm old enough to drive, I probably would not spend money on it.

Llamas
11-06-2006, 06:36 PM
...and guitar hero doesn't count as guitar playing, haha. I'm not saying it's a big deal... but DDR is as close to dancing as guitar hero is to playing a guitar... for serious.

EDIT: actually, DDR is closer to dancing than guitar hero is to playing guitar... if you've ever seen someone who's actually a good dancer play that game on hard, they are straight up dancing and it's absolutely crazy. No matter what you do with guitar hero, you're not even close to playing the guitar.

Professor Chaos
11-06-2006, 06:37 PM
I'm SO getting that game tomorrow. YYZ is going to be the shiznat.

Also - on a related note:
http://i14.tinypic.com/33ejxae.jpg

I JUST beat the first one on Expert. I'm so motherfucking proud of myself.

11-07-2006, 12:45 PM

I was too, when i beat it! I was surprised when i did beat it because i suck a BATM

Original prankstA
11-07-2006, 01:51 PM
guitar hero was pretty sweet, this one looks sweeter! can't wait to get it

Stranger With Candy
11-07-2006, 02:01 PM
to bad i sold my ps2 to buy a Wii.

JohnnyNemesis
11-07-2006, 02:02 PM
Freezepop has a song on the new one! Fuckingrockyes!

11-08-2006, 12:40 PM
to bad i sold my ps2 to buy a Wii.
Its comming out on the Wii, soon.

Freezepop has a song on the new one! Fuckingrockyes! Really? i didn't notice that.

Mr. Noodles
11-15-2006, 06:44 PM

I still haven't beaten the first one.

Anyway...

Guitar Hero II is awesome. I'm stuck - I can't beat the Living End song.
Me and my dad play co-op almost everyday on his PS2, and "YYZ" is indeed the shiznat.

Ninty Man
11-15-2006, 09:41 PM
Its comming out on the Wii, soon.
Really? i didn't notice that.

In the Wii???

Don't shit on me!!! it's that true?

H1T_That
11-16-2006, 12:00 PM
The track list is good, i was hoping for more though.

11-16-2006, 12:42 PM
In the Wii???

Don't shit on me!!! it's that true?

Thats what i herd, but not 'till next year though.

Grabbal
11-22-2006, 10:45 AM
I'll be skipping school on friday to get the game before it sells out..

( If it already hasn't :confused: )

11-23-2006, 06:47 AM
I'll be skipping school on friday to get the game before it sells out..

( If it already hasn't :confused: )

You have school Tommorow? WTF? Wait are you from a country that dosn't celibrate Thanksgiving? Well anyway you should get it! Im stuck on "Freya" - The Sword.

Venom Symbiote
11-23-2006, 03:00 PM
Um...most countries don't celebrate Thanksgiving, chief. ;)

Oh, cool, I was pretty sure this was coming out for the Wii, too. Thanks for confirming it, guys. Seems like a perfect fit for that glorious machine of doom.

Screw the PS2.

Ninty Man
11-23-2006, 03:36 PM
You have school Tommorow? WTF? Wait are you from a country that dosn't celibrate Thanksgiving? Well anyway you should get it! Im stuck on "Freya" - The Sword.

Well... Thankskiving it's a weird holiday for me... but at least in Mexico we'll free weekend since Friday 1st of december XD

Grabbal
11-28-2006, 02:42 AM
I got it a couple of days ago...
Stuck on jordan:(

BTW i'm from Norway people:cool:

12-02-2006, 12:54 PM
Well anyway you should get it! Im stuck on "Freya" - The Sword.

Yay me, I beat "Freya" and now I'm on "Crazy on You" - Heart & "Rock this Town" - ummm? Who ever dose that song. Then only hard part about "Crazy on You" is the Guitar Hook. and in "Rock this Town" The guitar Solo gets me. :(

Apathy
12-02-2006, 01:05 PM
I hate the game for reasons stated by Llamas. It's almost nothing like actually playing a guitar.

If the game was a decent simulation of the guitar and required actual musical skill to do & beat I would probably love it. But the casual gamer, who is most likely their largest audience, would not.

Marco
12-02-2006, 01:08 PM
or something like it, with the coloured signs on the strings you need to play...some sort of virtual tab.But definitely not with buttons...

Llamas
12-02-2006, 02:30 PM
I hate the game for reasons stated by Llamas. It's almost nothing like actually playing a guitar.

If the game was a decent simulation of the guitar and required actual musical skill to do & beat I would probably love it. But the casual gamer, who is most likely their largest audience, would not.

I honestly wouldn't want to play it if it was like playing an actual guitar. Why would I want to play a video game, then, when I could play it for real? (This time the car analogy should work!) Why would I want to get a car game if it was exactly the same as driving an actual car? Why would I want to get a basketball game if it was exactly the same as what I can do out on a court? There have to be things that make the game much different from real life in order to make them fun.

02-07-2007, 01:41 PM
I honestly wouldn't want to play it if it was like playing an actual guitar. Why would I want to play a video game, then, when I could play it for real? (This time the car analogy should work!) Why would I want to get a car game if it was exactly the same as driving an actual car? Why would I want to get a basketball game if it was exactly the same as what I can do out on a court? There have to be things that make the game much different from real life in order to make them fun.

Yes, thats true, but i dont think you could play "Misirlou" or "Hanger 18" The point is to have a similator of a guitar god, like Eric Clapton (Obey the Clapton!) or If you want Elvis, but he was only king.

Lodat225
02-07-2007, 01:43 PM
I'm getting Guitar Hero II for the 360.

02-07-2007, 01:47 PM
I'm getting Guitar Hero II for the 360.

I herd theres new songs on the 360 Version, is there?

F@ BANKZ
02-07-2007, 01:52 PM
Games are there for things you can't do in real life, like destroy death stars or beat old ladies with baseball bats. Guitar hero however i have been on once and i found it much more entertaining than the majority of tennis/football/fishing(hehe lame) game that i have been on.

Lodat225
02-07-2007, 01:52 PM
I herd theres new songs on the 360 Version, is there?

Yep, there's 10 more. I don't know why i'm buying it, but i am. It's going to be almost the exact same thing. Hopefully there would be downloadable songs on the 360 version.

The 10 songs:

* Billion Dollar Babies (as made famous by Alice Cooper)
* Hush (as made famous by Deep Purple)
* Dead! (by My Chemical Romance) - Master Track
* Life Wasted (as made famous by Pearl Jam)
* Rock N Roll Hoochie Koo (as made famous by Rick Derringer)
* The Trooper (as made famous by Iron Maiden)
* Salvation (as made famous by Rancid)
* Possum Kingdom (by Toadies) - Master Track
* Drink Up (by Ounce of Self) - 1st Unlock
* Kicked to the Curb (by Noble Rot) - 2nd Unlock

02-07-2007, 01:55 PM
Yep, there's 10 more. I don't know why i'm buying it, but i am. It's going to be almost the exact same thing. Hopefully there would be downloadable songs on the 360 version.

The 10 songs:

* Billion Dollar Babies (as made famous by Alice Cooper)
* Hush (as made famous by Deep Purple)
* Dead! (by My Chemical Romance) - Master Track
* Life Wasted (as made famous by Pearl Jam)
* Rock N Roll Hoochie Koo (as made famous by Rick Derringer)
* The Trooper (as made famous by Iron Maiden)
* Salvation (as made famous by Rancid)
* Possum Kingdom (by Toadies) - Master Track
* Drink Up (by Ounce of Self) - 1st Unlock
* Kicked to the Curb (by Noble Rot) - 2nd Unlock

Ah Hah! so there is a reason to get it on my 360, meh, but i wont.

Lodat225
02-07-2007, 01:57 PM
Hahaha, it's going to be $90.00 (so i heard). That's pretty expensive for a game.

Videos:

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/857/857449/vids_1.html

Tom
02-07-2007, 03:18 PM
Guitar Hero is pretty fun. I have played it at my friends but I totally sucked since I play a 6 string bass in real life.. the size difference completely killed me. The 5 buttons of GH was about 2-3 frets of my bass.

Anyway, why I'm posting.. Guitar Hero is fun, but it gets on my nerves when people come up to me and say things like, "YYZ is so easy!!" or like "I could play that song so easily on a real guitar." IT'S NOT A GUITAR!

Had to let that out..

Original prankstA
02-07-2007, 04:24 PM
Videos:

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/857/857449/vids_1.html

woah, the graphics are waaaaayyy better than ps2. I understand 360 has better graphics on every game, but damn, it looks sweet.

T-6005
02-07-2007, 05:16 PM
YYZ
I made an airport code joke the other day about like in the YYZ and someone got it.

Lodat225
02-07-2007, 05:31 PM
woah, the graphics are waaaaayyy better than ps2. I understand 360 has better graphics on every game, but damn, it looks sweet.

The 360 is dominating every system out there in graphics.

02-08-2007, 01:42 PM
The 360 is dominating every system out there in graphics.

True, the Wii isn't made for kick ass graphics, its for family fun.
The PS3 promised too many things that they couldn't put in the PS3, in there time frame. I think they did that because Sony's last console was the new PS2, wich was released in 2005 I belive? Anyway, and Microsoft released the Xbox 360, wile Nintendo has realeased the Nintendo DS, DS lite, and the Wii. Thats just my opinion on the situation.

Lodat225
02-08-2007, 01:51 PM
Yep, that's all true. Except the PS2 date. Wasn't it before that?

02-08-2007, 01:52 PM
Yep, that's all true. Except the PS2 date. Wasn't it before that?

The Original PS2 was before that, but I think the new one came out in '05

Lodat225
02-08-2007, 01:55 PM
Oh, you're talking about the Slim one. Yeah, that's true.

02-08-2007, 01:58 PM
Oh, you're talking about the Slim one. Yeah, that's true.

Yeah, the slim one, thats what i was talking about, thats the new one.

calichix
02-14-2007, 03:28 AM
dude, try to play "war pigs" drunk. it's impossible. or "carry on my wayward son", oh my god.

Harnum
06-17-2007, 05:50 PM
*bump* I know this is nothing new but my brother recently bought it and I finished it on Easy and Medium in like 5 hours. I beat most of his high scores too. Oh, and Free Bird is soooooo fun to play! Addicted much? =[