PDA

View Full Version : Common Rider

Apathy
11-06-2006, 08:09 PM
I am loving this band so much right now. I discovered them earlier this morning.

Their frontman is the singer from Operation Ivy, but don't really expect it to sound like that. The music is less raw, and the singers his voice sounds somewhat more polished.

It's almost like an eclectic blend of Operation Ivy, Sublime, and Sage Francis. If this turns you off, please give them a chance anyway, I'm not necessarily a huge fan of any of these, and I still am enjoying these guys beyond belief.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=106244535

Classics Of Love and Rough Redemption are the two good ones on that page. I've been told Signal, Signal is good, but I don't have that song.

Please tell me what you think.

opivy21
11-06-2006, 08:30 PM
They're OK. Nothing near as good as Operation Ivy in my opinion, but then again, it's a different style completely. Anyway, there's a few good songs.

Jakebert
11-07-2006, 03:32 AM
They're a really good band to listen to while driving.

Apathy
11-07-2006, 04:59 AM
but then again, it's a different style completely.

Exactly. It sounds so different, but you can hear little traces of Operation Ivy in their style every once in a while.

I've always thought Operation Ivy was pretty good, but they were never one of my favorite ska/punk bands.

coke_a_holic
11-07-2006, 11:10 PM
Who's in guitar and saxophone? Only the vocals, bass, and drums are credited.

It's okay. Nothing I'd like... freak out to, but enjoyable.

EDIT: I'm gonna download it and see if it grows on me a little.

Apathy
11-08-2006, 04:39 AM
Jesse Michaels plays guitar live, but I believe Billie Joe Armstrong does all of the guitar work in the studio.

Maybe that was just the second album though.

I'm not big fans of True Rulers or Angels at Play, but I love the other two.

Apathy
11-10-2006, 07:56 PM
I hate double posting/bumping, but I need 0r4ng3, Revolver, RickyCrack, and Dain to listen and tell me their opinions.

Fair Deals?

IAmARevenant
11-11-2006, 02:34 PM
I love them! I think they're even better than Op. Ivy!

IAmARevenant
10-14-2007, 09:06 PM
Jesse Michaels plays guitar live, but I believe Billie Joe Armstrong does all of the guitar work in the studio.

Maybe that was just the second album though.

no, Jesse Michaels does the guitar work on both albums. You're thinking of the Common Rider EP, Thief In A Sleeping Town; which isn't really Common Rider, but Jesse Michaels with a bunch of guest musicians. Billie Joe Armstrong plays guitar on 3 songs on that EP.
if anyone wants it, ask.

DeAtHsTaR
10-14-2007, 11:25 PM

I like it. It's not amazing, but it's decent enough.

Does the part of Classics of Love around 1:25 remind anyone of the bridge to Unity by Op. Ivy?

RickyCrack
10-15-2007, 09:08 AM
I hate double posting/bumping, but I need 0r4ng3, Revolver, RickyCrack, and Dain to listen and tell me their opinions.

Fair Deals?

I remember them when I was in highschool. Never really got to much into them, but definately still worth listening to. they are ok.