PDA

View Full Version : That's it, we've reached Christmas weather

Duskygrin
11-07-2006, 11:22 AM
. .

Amiralanal
11-07-2006, 11:30 AM
they have a wintermenu at mcdonalds now. they hace mcFlurry with gingerbread, julmust, hjortron-pie, and bacon cheeseburgers(what does that have to do with winter?)

0r4ng3
11-07-2006, 11:31 AM
Christmas? The weather's still bipolar here.

Pun intended, of course.

The Talking Pie
11-07-2006, 11:37 AM
I noticed the 'Christmasy' feel to the air on Saturday. I said to my girlfriend, "doesn't the air feel Christmasy today?" and she looked at me as if I was crazy.

Amiralanal
11-07-2006, 11:54 AM
So many names I don't understand... julmust, hjortron-pie, ... but ginger! I love ginger! There's the good in Christmas, some comfort. The poor are lining up for the soup kitchens, unshaved, shabbily dressed, filthy & full of lice & crabs. But you have ginger & chocolate to stuff yourself on Christmas Eve before a nice Christmasty 50's movie.

I don't know what bacon cheeseburgers have to do with winter. I suppose bacon + cheeseburger = fat, so that fat may keep you warm in winter, & you don't need heating at home, your own blubber will keep you snug? Maybe that's McDonald's new winter ad?

julmust is a soft drink that replaces Cola during christmas.
Hjortron is a berry wich is commonly used to make a delicious jam.

T-6005
11-07-2006, 11:59 AM
Well, now I associate snow with Christmas, and it hasn't snowed here yet.

Cold, cold rain today, though.

Amiralanal
11-07-2006, 12:01 PM
we had snow for 3 days in stockholm, then it melted

Amiralanal
11-07-2006, 12:11 PM
in the movie Home alone, they are in france, and they eat krayfish-ass. i dont know if thats french christmas food. anyway the movie rocks

Amiralanal
11-07-2006, 12:34 PM
the sequel is actually pretty good. although #3 and #4 sucks.

The first one and the sequel are both classics

randman21
11-07-2006, 12:41 PM
Right now, it's raining by the buckets at a time outside, and the sound of the downpour assaulting the rooftop sort of takes me back to time past. Times which I cannot clearly recall, but which harken the sentiments of those days of yore, all the same. That, coupled with today's biting cold (bringing that extra Christmas-like charm), leave me with the thought that I could barely ask for a better feeling.

Never seen that movie, never heard of it, apparently it's a blockbuster comedy. Meh. I could download it on bearshare but it says "home alone 2" so I guess it's a sequel.

I think you'd really like it (a belief that's pretty much based on nothing). And if you see the sequel, get it. It was just as good, imo.

Tired_Of_You
11-07-2006, 12:55 PM
The weather is Chrismasty in July in Quebec.

Just joking.

Has it snowed in France yet?

randman21
11-07-2006, 01:00 PM
hahaha just for that I'll try get my hands on it. *warm laughter*

:D Hehe, great. One of my fondest Christmas memories, in fact, is of watching "Home Alone 2" at about 7 years old. It epitomizes that whole atmosphere.

Emanem
11-07-2006, 01:31 PM
Ahhhhhh, snow...

I wished it snowed here...

Today, at about 8pm, you could go out to the streets half-naked and still feel no cold...

Problem is, whenever I wakeup itīs sooo cold I feel my nose is gonna fall of...
And still, no snow...

I hate this fking weather...

Linda
11-07-2006, 05:24 PM
It was hot here today.

calichix
11-07-2006, 11:29 PM
it's the same weather all the time here. :[ well I guess we get fog a lot. peninsula fog is nice and oceany and feels good to breathe but our trees aren't even deciduous. that's whack. :(

xMikey90
11-08-2006, 02:39 AM
Christmas weather in england, especially London just doesn't exist anymore =/

BUT occasionly it tends to pop up around february so if you delay christmas for a while xD then you should be happy with what you get.

To be honest i'm not a fan of christmas, so rain or shine....its any other day.

Jakebert
11-08-2006, 03:41 AM
The weather here is still fluctuating between normal November weather and early fall weather.

Tizzalicious
11-08-2006, 03:47 AM
I told Per it smelled like winter the other day, he just gave me a "wtf???" look.

killer_queen
11-08-2006, 03:51 AM
Haha, I can get the smell of winter too. And I get that "wtf?!" look a lot.

Autumn is still here and it won't leave. :(

JoY
11-08-2006, 04:17 AM
I always know Christmas is coming, when the air is so dry, crisp, fresh & cold, I feel it tingling in my nose. it immediately gives me the urge to light a fireplace, to drink hot coco (with optional rum) & Gluh wine, to eat my mother's Christmas cake (with alcohol, muchos delicious), to ski & to sit in front of the window watching snowflakes.

autumn/fall (whichever you prefer) smells like leaves & rain. it's fantastic in a whole other way. I always love those times of the year when the season is changing & the exact moment you realise/notice that change. when one season is slowly winning it from the other, like it's quietly sneaked up on you. when it jumps you & overwhelms you with sunshine, rain, snow, cold, warmth, anything, I entirely go with it, enjoying it to the fullest. until I get bored of it, which comes pretty soon after that.

Nina
11-08-2006, 05:08 AM
we've had incredibly misty weather lately. It made you think you live in a cloud up high. & all I do is freeze. But I still prefer this to summer.

I am beginning to like the idea of christmas. I bought decoration the other day and I told myself I'd celebrate it..though I'm alone :/

JoY
11-08-2006, 05:42 AM
you're alone?! noes, why??

Izie
11-08-2006, 05:45 AM
The Aryans are trying to talk us into having a christmas tree.

I really like the lights and the decorations and all, but I just might be too jewish to buy them.

And as far as the weather goes, I wish Christmas weather were prettier :(

mrconeman
11-08-2006, 05:46 AM
I always realize its Christmas when that Coke advert is on, you know the one, lorries and Santa and that.

Nina
11-08-2006, 06:00 AM
you're alone?! noes, why??

aww, hehe. Because my family doesnt celebrate it and my bf (who does celebrate it) is with his family. But that's okay, I think I'll just force my mom to celebrate with me ;D

Tizzalicious
11-08-2006, 06:55 AM
The Aryans are trying to talk us into having a christmas tree.

I really like the lights and the decorations and all, but I just might be too jewish to buy them.

And as far as the weather goes, I wish Christmas weather were prettier :(

We neeeed a tree Iza! I can't have Christmas without Christmas tree smell! :(

the_GoDdEsS
11-08-2006, 07:03 AM
Christmas weather is snowy to me. Frozen nights, snow cracking under your boots, wading through it to get out of your house, and watching it fall from behind the window with the smell of warm wine and spices. Nothing like that here yet. Stupid south.

Bazza
11-08-2006, 07:56 AM
Well whilst it doesn't look like this, its not Christmas weather

http://www.photodump.com/direct/bazza/291205x.jpg

Izie
11-08-2006, 09:08 AM
We neeeed a tree Iza! I can't have Christmas without Christmas tree smell! :(

Pshhhah fine. You'll have to deal with it in the room you're gonna sleep in though.

Goddamn you, all the work now :(

PS my Christmas is still on the 7th of Jan, prnkonu.

JoY
11-08-2006, 09:25 AM
Well whilst it doesn't look like this, its not Christmas weather

unless you live, lyke, in the Netherlands.

I have two definitions of Christmas weather; one for when I'm in Switzerland, one for the Netherlands. then there's the major difference of being at my parents', near the woods, or right in the heart of the city, in my own home in Amsterdam.

Iz, Tizz, you guys are making me jealous.

calichix
11-08-2006, 09:34 AM
aw dude, me too! (regarding the santa coke lorrie thing)

Tizzalicious
11-08-2006, 09:47 AM
Pshhhah fine. You'll have to deal with it in the room you're gonna sleep in though.

Goddamn you, all the work now :(

PS my Christmas is still on the 7th of Jan, prnkonu.

I don't mind, I can sleep in Christmas Tree smell!

You Christmas doesn't count, we left by then, so it's not important.

Izie
11-08-2006, 09:52 AM
FINE. I'll make it very ugly just for you :p

Tizzalicious
11-08-2006, 09:53 AM
<3 I like ugly!

Izie
11-08-2006, 09:54 AM
You and me both baby.