PDA

View Full Version : Voting

Llamas
11-07-2006, 08:37 PM
This thread is directed at the Americans. Who voted today? I'm very upset I couldn't vote in Wisconsin... the bill to ban gay marriage is currently probably going to pass. It's about 60% yes to 40% no. I didn't really expect otherwise, but I'm still disappointed.

Anyone else live in a state that had a similar bill?

WebDudette
11-07-2006, 09:05 PM
I'm fairly sure Arizona had something similar. I wouldn't know what the ratios or anything are though.

Llamas
11-07-2006, 09:20 PM
are you from AZ? are you old enough to vote? I hope you answer no to one of those... because otherwise you disappoint me. :(

sKratch
11-07-2006, 09:24 PM
I didn't vote because I forgot to get an absentee ballot taken care of. However, the democrat won in my district and the governor won by a landslide (also a dem). So I'm good.

WebDudette
11-07-2006, 09:38 PM
I'm from Arizona, and no I can't vote.

leo3375
11-07-2006, 09:56 PM
I voted today. I registered to vote in early 2000 and I haven't missed a primary or general election since.

I was raised with the belief that if I don't vote, I shouldn't have the right to complain. Therefore, not voting is the same as not caring about war, health care, livable wages, etc.

Mota Boy
11-07-2006, 11:48 PM
Psh, losers. I voted two weeks ago, back when it was cool.

/there's totally probably going to be a recount in my state

SkunkIt
11-08-2006, 12:08 AM
I'm from Arizona, and no I can't vote.

I can't vote either, because I'm not a citizen and I probably would just vote to keep someone out of office or not at all, because I don't like any of the candidates, but jon kyl is the worst. As long as he doesn't win, I think we're better off.

coke_a_holic
11-08-2006, 12:29 AM
I'm from Maryland, I'm not old enough to vote, and I wouldn't have had to, anyway. We're such an extremely liberal state that the democratic candidate almost always gets elected.

The only reason we had a Republican governor was because our Democratic governor (Paris Glendening) was pretty much awful. Similarly, though, our current governor's ads against the Democratic candidate (who was the mayor of Baltimore) attacked his ability to keep crime levels in Baltimore down. It just seems like horrible reasoning to say that "I was in charge of you, and you did a poor job, which doesn't reflect me at all!" Lamesville.

wheelchairman
11-08-2006, 02:18 AM
I was too damn lazy to research the issues and take mine to an American Embassy. And I just feel weird, not living there what right do I have to make decisions? But then again, I'm a citizen and that's how the politics works so what do I care.

Oregon is so much better than Wisconsin. There was a bill that wanted to amend our current abortion law so that it would require a parent's signature before the minor was to get it.

Ah living in a modern civilized state is nice.

the_GoDdEsS
11-08-2006, 02:52 AM
When you know, tell me what the overall voting participation was. That's always interesting.

Nina
11-08-2006, 05:29 AM
the bill to ban gay marriage is currently probably going to pass. It's about 60% yes to 40% no. I didn't really expect otherwise, but I'm still disappointed.

So am I. That's just really, REALLY sad.

Paint_It_Black
11-08-2006, 06:40 AM
I'm very upset I couldn't vote in Wisconsin...

Why? Your vote wouldn't exactly have tipped the scales.

I dislike the pressure put upon people to vote. I saw a lady vote today. She's in her 40's, has a masters degree and works for the state. She picked randomly. She chose based sometimes on which name she liked the sound of. She voted for all judges to be replaced. When asked why, she said "I don't know...change is good". She later admitted that "people like me probably shouldn't vote". So why did she vote? Why did she randomly, meaninglessly affect the elections? Because she felt it was her patriotic duty. That's the only thing I can think of.

Next time you're encouraging people to vote, just keep in mind they might be showing more social responsibility by abstaining.

sKratch
11-08-2006, 09:56 AM
Wait... are you saying we shouldn't worry about voting at all because some people vote like idiots?
Also, of course a single vote doesn't change anything, but if there's five thousand people sitting at home thinking "Boy, I wish I had remembered to vote today," things could have been much different.

HeadAroundU
11-08-2006, 10:54 AM
No more hope for better gays.:( :(

Llamas
11-08-2006, 01:00 PM
I was too damn lazy to research the issues and take mine to an American Embassy. And I just feel weird, not living there what right do I have to make decisions? But then again, I'm a citizen and that's how the politics works so what do I care.

Oregon is so much better than Wisconsin. There was a bill that wanted to amend our current abortion law so that it would require a parent's signature before the minor was to get it.

Ah living in a modern civilized state is nice.

We didn't ban abortion in WI. You can't compare an abortion amendment with a gay marriage one... a lot of states passed the gay marriage ban but turned down the abortion ban. And WI hasn't gotten to the poitn of an amendment like that since first they wanted to make sure that the state didn't want the act banned first.

To you and the goddess and anyone else who cares: here are the numbers from all the amendments that were voted on in the US yesterday (several states voted on the gay marriage thing...) http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2006/pages/results/ballot.measures/

Here are the exit poll results (fuck the old people):
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2006//pages/results/states/WI/I/01/epolls.0.html
Notice how the richest and most educated people voted against it. I found that interesting.

Why? Your vote wouldn't exactly have tipped the scales.

I dislike the pressure put upon people to vote. I saw a lady vote today. She's in her 40's, has a masters degree and works for the state. She picked randomly. She chose based sometimes on which name she liked the sound of. She voted for all judges to be replaced. When asked why, she said "I don't know...change is good". She later admitted that "people like me probably shouldn't vote". So why did she vote? Why did she randomly, meaninglessly affect the elections? Because she felt it was her patriotic duty. That's the only thing I can think of.

Next time you're encouraging people to vote, just keep in mind they might be showing more social responsibility by abstaining.

I wanted to vote because I feel like I'm probably a part of a group of people who didn't vote... a lot of people. Obviously one vote rarely tips the scale. But I feel like I can't complain if I didn't vote.

No, I don't vote uninformed. However, I had my views and I knew who I wanted to vote for. Voting uninformed is worse than not voting at all. The girl I wanted for senate won, but the guy I wanted for governer did not. Yes, I wish I could have voted. I'm sad I didn't. No, my vote wouldn't have majorly changed things. But that's how I feel.

Dive
11-08-2006, 01:09 PM
I wrote myself in as my vote for County Commissioner. Lost in a landslide, unfortunately. Everyone else I voted for won.

Apathy
11-08-2006, 01:13 PM
I wanted to vote because I feel like I'm probably a part of a group of people who didn't vote... a lot of people. Obviously one vote rarely tips the scale. But I feel like I can't complain if I didn't vote.

Including me. Why does your location say Minnesota by the way?

It's not like it makes that much of a difference though, Gay Marriage is already illegal in Wisconsin. They were basically just using Gay Marriage as a front to try and take away benefits to other non-married couples, including gays.

opivy21
11-08-2006, 01:34 PM
I'm not old enough to vote yet, but I would have if I could. It wouldn't make much difference, though. SC is still pretty much stuck in the red. Mark Sanford, who some magazine (I think it was Time) listed as the number 3 worst governer in the U.S. was re-elected. The gay marriage amendment passed 77% to 23%; no real surprise there. Oh well. Just gotta live with, I guess.

wheelchairman
11-08-2006, 01:47 PM
I would say having the right to an abortion by the volition of the minor woman is far more important than whether fags can marry or not. Don't get me wrong, I think the fag community should have the right. But it's just a piece of paper as opposed to you know, ruining the life of a young girl and her "baby."

The support to ban gay marriage, and to initiate prental notification however would come from the same groups.

sKratch
11-08-2006, 03:12 PM
If marriage is just a piece of paper, a baby is just a piece of flesh that should be dealt with with similar ease.

Paint_It_Black
11-08-2006, 05:02 PM
Wait... are you saying we shouldn't worry about voting at all because some people vote like idiots?

No, of course I'm not. Not at all.

Also, of course a single vote doesn't change anything, but if there's five thousand people sitting at home thinking "Boy, I wish I had remembered to vote today," things could have been much different.

Of course, I'm just saying she shouldn't "feel bad" about it.

Ok, that makes sense. I see where you're coming from now.

No, I don't vote uninformed. However, I had my views and I knew who I wanted to vote for. Voting uninformed is worse than not voting at all. The girl I wanted for senate won, but the guy I wanted for governer did not. Yes, I wish I could have voted. I'm sad I didn't. No, my vote wouldn't have majorly changed things. But that's how I feel.

I'm feeling like you maybe took a little offense from my post. I never meant to imply that YOU were uninformed, it is quite obvious that you care a lot about this whole thing and did your research. I was making just a general side point about how pressuring people to vote bugs me.

Llamas
11-08-2006, 07:38 PM
Including me. Why does your location say Minnesota by the way?
I'm a resident of Wisconsin, but I go to school in Minnesota.

I'm feeling like you maybe took a little offense from my post. I never meant to imply that YOU were uninformed, it is quite obvious that you care a lot about this whole thing and did your research. I was making just a general side point about how pressuring people to vote bugs me.

And I totally see your point. I just wanted to make it clear that I'm not one of those people. I wasn't offended. And I agree that voting uninformed is worse than not voting at all.

SkunkIt
11-08-2006, 11:30 PM
jon kyl is the worst. As long as he doesn't win, I think we're better off.

Dammit, Dammit, Dammit, Dammit, Dammit!

Fucking god dammit!

He won!

Oh well. *nazi salutes jon kyl*

wheelchairman
11-09-2006, 05:46 AM
If marriage is just a piece of paper, a baby is just a piece of flesh that should be dealt with with similar ease.

While I agree with the point you are making, in this instance it's ridiculous. Surely there is a far greater impact on everyday life, society and the economy when young women are having unwanted babies, as opposed to the gay community not being allowed to have an official marriage.

Llamas
11-09-2006, 02:31 PM
I would say having the right to an abortion by the volition of the minor woman is far more important than whether fags can marry or not. Don't get me wrong, I think the fag community should have the right. But it's just a piece of paper as opposed to you know, ruining the life of a young girl and her "baby."

The support to ban gay marriage, and to initiate prental notification however would come from the same groups.

I avoided responding to this before, but I decided that was rude... the reason I ignored it was because I'm "pro-life" and didn't want to get into why I was so. Also, the reason I didn't think you could compare them was because banning gay marriage is WAY more common/likely than banning abortion. For some reason, it just seems that a lot more people are against gays marrying than against abortion, so saying "oregon passed abortion, but wisconsin didn't pass gay marriage... oregon must be a more liberal or fair state" doesn't really work.

BREAK
11-09-2006, 03:34 PM
I rocked the vote, but only to retain my residency in a state where I haven't lived in over two years.

But it's just a piece of paper

You mean it's a contract.

Sexy Panda
11-09-2006, 05:09 PM
A contract implies a voluntary agreement between two individuals. Marriage is more like playing football on the Governments field, with the Governments umpire, for the Governments favours.

Not knowing the extent of de facto laws in USA I won't comment further though.

wheelchairman
11-09-2006, 05:11 PM
I avoided responding to this before, but I decided that was rude... the reason I ignored it was because I'm "pro-life" and didn't want to get into why I was so. Also, the reason I didn't think you could compare them was because banning gay marriage is WAY more common/likely than banning abortion. For some reason, it just seems that a lot more people are against gays marrying than against abortion, so saying "oregon passed abortion, but wisconsin didn't pass gay marriage... oregon must be a more liberal or fair state" doesn't really work.
Indeed I come from a rather pre-determined view of what is progressive and regressive on a political scale. However I was also happy when Oregon as a state accepted Euthanasia, even though it is not something I agree with. Simply because it was something approved of by the majority of Oregonians contrary to the majority of Americans.

Sin Studly
11-09-2006, 08:20 PM
Voting when you're not forced to is for losers.

Paint_It_Black
11-09-2006, 11:13 PM
I'm "pro-life"

That's possibly the first time I've seen anyone say that here without also making themselves look like a complete idiot. Well done.

Llamas
11-09-2006, 11:24 PM
Indeed I come from a rather pre-determined view of what is progressive and regressive on a political scale. However I was also happy when Oregon as a state accepted Euthanasia, even though it is not something I agree with. Simply because it was something approved of by the majority of Oregonians contrary to the majority of Americans.

Ah, I totally know what you're saying. I was glad that WI passed capital punishment, because I'm for it at this point in time, but I would've also been glad if they hadn't passed it because they'd be going against what's popular. It feels good when people do what they believe instead of what's popular.

That's possibly the first time I've seen anyone say that here without also making themselves look like a complete idiot. Well done.
Are you being sarcastic? I'm failing to figure out if you meant that or not... especially because I don't see how it could be seen so. :-/

Paint_It_Black
11-10-2006, 12:08 AM
I was serious. "Pro-life" generally only comes up in abortion threads...you know, the ones designed to allow people to unknowingly humiliate themselves. And usually the "pro-life" people come across as especially ignorant, retarded, religious, or republican.

Admitting you're "pro-life" these days often makes people immediately make some rather large assumptions about you. Because of this, I think a lot of people tend not to mention their stance on the issue.

I'm pro-life myself, but I rarely mention it because I don't want to have to then prove that I'm not a fanatical Christian. A lot of people have a hard time believing I can be an agnostic and pro-life.

Llamas
11-10-2006, 12:23 AM
I was serious. "Pro-life" generally only comes up in abortion threads...you know, the ones designed to allow people to unknowingly humiliate themselves. And usually the "pro-life" people come across as especially ignorant, retarded, religious, or republican.
I see. I don't often come in the politics section, and I probably haven't been here long enough to know about that.

Admitting you're "pro-life" these days often makes people immediately make some rather large assumptions about you. Because of this, I think a lot of people tend not to mention their stance on the issue.
that's very true. That's a big reason I don't often bring it up.

I'm pro-life myself, but I rarely mention it because I don't want to have to then prove that I'm not a fanatical Christian. A lot of people have a hard time believing I can be an agnostic and pro-life.
Totally. I fall very moderate in politics; pro-life is one of the places I guess I'm more conservative. But my opinion is very involved and not clear-cut... I'm not officially clearly pro-life, but if I have to pick a stance, that's where I fall. Anyway, I'm glad you weren't being sarcastic. :)

Little_Miss_1565
11-10-2006, 09:44 AM
I voted, and I officially love being a New York voter.

With the big issues like gay marriage and abortion, I'm all about compassion. The arguments against gay marriage are pretty much all hellfire and brimstone-based, which is ridiculous to try and force. With abortion, if a state wants to outlaw it, fine--it's the function of our federal system to leave up to the states what is not explicitly spelled out in the Constitution. But to ban abortion altogether full-stop with no consideration of when it is medically necessary is pretty silly.

But I"m just going to live it up in this sinful blue state and love every second of it.

Nina
11-10-2006, 01:49 PM
But to ban abortion altogether full-stop with no consideration of when it is medically necessary is pretty silly.

I looked over the sources ilovellamas gave me and I thought I just misunderstood....they banned it completely in some states?!?

Llamas
11-10-2006, 01:58 PM
I looked over the sources ilovellamas gave me and I thought I just misunderstood....they banned it completely in some states?!?

abortion? the bill to ban abortion didn't pass anywhere, I don't think.

Nina
11-10-2006, 02:00 PM
I'm confused :[
I'll have to look again.

Llamas
11-10-2006, 02:20 PM
North Dakota is the only state that voted on an amendment to ban abortion, and they voted it down. California and Oregon voted on parental notification, and they both voted that down, too.

Apathy
11-10-2006, 07:51 PM
I'm pro-life as well, not because I'm religious, republican, or a tard, merely because in health class they foolishly decided to show a video of how late-term abortions are done.

Ever since then I have been somewhat scarred. Can't think about it without remembering watching that. Erugh.

Also, I love to tell people that they're pro-death.

Llamas
11-10-2006, 07:53 PM
When I was like 10, I was still being raised christian... so I was pro life of course... and I asked my mom once why the other side wasn't "anti life" because two pros confused me. she said she didn't know...

Rag Doll
11-10-2006, 08:05 PM
North Dakota is the only state that voted on an amendment to ban abortion, and they voted it down.

*South Dakota

Apathy, what do you mean by "foolishly"? I'm sure to your school it certainly wasn't foolish because it apparently had the desired outcome.

And only 2% of abortions are what is dubbed "late term" abortions. And a lot of those are done for medical reasons.

Nina
11-11-2006, 02:26 AM
Also, I love to tell people that they're pro-death.

Oh yeah, cause people with a different opinion to yours need bashing. I doubt this is necessary. The wordings "pro-life" and "pro-choice" are both widely accepted, used and positive for both sides and dont bring down the opinion of the other person. Instead of saying such things to make a point you should argue with (rather good) reasons.
That's just my two cents cause this annoyed me a LOT.

wheelchairman
11-11-2006, 03:54 AM
I'm pro-life as well, not because I'm religious, republican, or a tard, merely because in health class they foolishly decided to show a video of how late-term abortions are done.

Oh come on, that's such a pathetic reason. Watch someone giving birth then, I gaurantee you that you'll hate pregnant women and sex afterwards.

HeadAroundU
11-11-2006, 12:31 PM
Apathy is just a 15 weeks old fetus, no wonder he is a pro-life.

Llamas
11-11-2006, 02:02 PM

I missed this before. How can you be against all abortion just because of late term abortions? I'm against late term abortions altogether, but I'm not quite sure on ones in the first trimester. That's just ignorant.

Oh yeah, cause people with a different opinion to yours need bashing. I doubt this is necessary. The wordings "pro-life" and "pro-choice" are both widely accepted, used and positive for both sides and dont bring down the opinion of the other person. Instead of saying such things to make a point you should argue with (rather good) reasons.
That's just my two cents cause this annoyed me a LOT.

I think/hope he was kidding... but if he wasn't then he should be called "pro-women not having rights".

Oh come on, that's such a pathetic reason. Watch someone giving birth then, I gaurantee you that you'll hate pregnant women and sex afterwards.

I disagree with that. I can handle watching people give birth. Chopping a baby up in a blender, or smashing a baby's skull with tongs is not even comparable.

Apathy
11-11-2006, 05:10 PM
Apathy, what do you mean by "foolishly"? I'm sure to your school it certainly wasn't foolish because it apparently had the desired outcome.

I suppose it did.
I had used the word foolishly because I thought it was a very bad idea. It worked out how they wanted it to, but no one else liked it, that's for sure.

I've already discussed this with you, but for everyone else I'll answer it.
It wasn't meant seriously. It's just a joke, which I assumed could be easily picked up on.

Probably. But if you had seen something like that when you were little, I doubt you would have been in the best shape either.

I missed this before. How can you be against all abortion just because of late term abortions? I'm against late term abortions altogether, but I'm not quite sure on ones in the first trimester. That's just ignorant.
I was pointing towards late-term abortions because they're obviously the worst out of all the possible ones. I know how abortions in general are done, and I don't really agree that any of it should be legal.

Except in cases where the baby isn't developed At all, such as the day after pill.

Llamas
11-11-2006, 05:17 PM
I know how abortions in general are done, and I don't really agree that any of it should be legal.

Except in cases where the baby isn't developed At all, such as the day after pill.

Uh oh. This has become an abortion thread.

My problem is where do you draw the line? "where the baby isn't developed at all"... at exactly what point do YOU consider the baby developed? When do I consider it developed? When does anyone? The reason I'm pro-life is because I think that abortion is a-ok as long as it's not LIFE yet. After it's defined as alive, abortion should not be legal. The issue is defining life. It's like an exponential curve; there's no specific point in the curve where it is clearly defined as going horizontal to going vertical. Until we can define life and only allow abortions before life, I'm pro-life.

Paint_It_Black
11-11-2006, 05:28 PM
llamas, while I am in total agreement with you, I feel you need to be aware that discussing abortion is for fags.

Llamas
11-11-2006, 05:36 PM
what if I'm a fag? :(

Apathy
11-11-2006, 05:38 PM
Uh oh. This has become an abortion thread.

Gee, maybe the posts regarding abortion should be deleted and put into a seperate thread. I have a feeling I shouldn't have said that.
I don't want to get into that argument again.

My problem is where do you draw the line? "where the baby isn't developed at all"... at exactly what point do YOU consider the baby developed? When do I consider it developed? When does anyone? The reason I'm pro-life is because I think that abortion is a-ok as long as it's not LIFE yet. After it's defined as alive, abortion should not be legal. The issue is defining life. It's like an exponential curve; there's no specific point in the curve where it is clearly defined as going horizontal to going vertical. Until we can define life and only allow abortions before life, I'm pro-life
There is no agreed upon answer to any of those questions, and in an effort to limit myself to one or two arguments a day, I'm just not going to attempt to muster up an answer to any of them.
Everyone has their beliefs, and a message board is too hard of a place to try and convince anyone without sounding excessively dumb, preachy, or republican. So I'll just leave it at this-
I'm pro-life. I don't feel the need to justify myself for reasons listed above.

0r4ng3
11-11-2006, 05:41 PM
llamas, while I am in total agreement with you, I feel you need to be aware that discussing abortion is for fags.

I couldn't resist.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b38/0r4ng3/abortionlol.jpg

Llamas
11-11-2006, 05:42 PM
dead baby jokes ftw.

wheelchairman
11-11-2006, 06:36 PM
I disagree with that. I can handle watching people give birth. Chopping a baby up in a blender, or smashing a baby's skull with tongs is not even comparable.

That wasn't the point at all. Disagreeing with something politically because you find it gross, is not something I would deem justifiable. Every day "gross" but necessary things must happen so that the status quo can be maintained. On another scale, deplorable things that shouldn't happen must as well to simply maintain the current way of life (not talking about abortions).

That was my point. Simply not liking the actual practice is not grounds for not approving. There are thousands of necessary but unlikeable things.

WebDudette
11-11-2006, 07:01 PM
Off-topic.

About 2 weeks ago a kid at my school was protesting abortion. I politely asked him why he was against abortion, and he said it was wrong because people shouldn't be getting pregnant if they don't want a baby. A friend of mine said 'What about rape victims? They have no choice.' The kid replied 'If they got raped they must have been doing something they shouldn't have been doing.'

On topic, the gay marriage thing wasn't passed in AZ, but a bill was passed that made it illegal to smoke in any public place. Even bars.

Apathy
11-11-2006, 07:15 PM
That wasn't the point at all. Disagreeing with something politically because you find it gross, is not something I would deem justifiable. Every day "gross" but necessary things must happen so that the status quo can be maintained. On another scale, deplorable things that shouldn't happen must as well to simply maintain the current way of life (not talking about abortions).

That was my point. Simply not liking the actual practice is not grounds for not approving. There are thousands of necessary but unlikeable things.

Alright, I lied, I have to respond to this.

I do not disagree with politically because I find it gross. It is gross, but the reason I disagree with it is because I think it's immoral.

Paint_It_Black
11-11-2006, 07:49 PM
what if I'm a fag? :(

What? Just yesterday i thought you were having babies?

I couldn't resist.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b38/0r4ng3/abortionlol.jpg

Damn you Jesse, I'm trying to quit.

0r4ng3
11-11-2006, 07:56 PM
Uhm...oops.

Would you rather I changed/deleted the picture? It didn't get much positive attention, anyway.

Paint_It_Black
11-11-2006, 08:32 PM
No, it can stay. Attention whore.

WebDudette
11-11-2006, 10:36 PM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/SystemSloth/20030626.gif

A little late but funny none the less.

Little_Miss_1565
11-11-2006, 11:11 PM
Off-topic.

About 2 weeks ago a kid at my school was protesting abortion. I politely asked him why he was against abortion, and he said it was wrong because people shouldn't be getting pregnant if they don't want a baby. A friend of mine said 'What about rape victims? They have no choice.' The kid replied 'If they got raped they must have been doing something they shouldn't have been doing.'

HAH. Reminds me of the people I went to high school with. Someone I knew was talking about why she's pro-life and against abortion in any case. "What about rape?" I also asked. "Oh, well, pregnancy only results in like 5% of rapes." What about that five percent, then. Jesus H. And the most awesome part was that someone I knew who had been raped and subsequently had to have an abortion was standing like right there. Gotta love tact!

WebDudette
11-11-2006, 11:41 PM
Apparently some 50-60% of rapes happen in or near the victims friends/family house or there own house. I didn't bother telling him that though. I just kind of sighed, shrugged and walked away.

Llamas
11-12-2006, 12:53 AM

I get your point now. Definitely right on. I just misunderstood you before.

What? Just yesterday i thought you were having babies?
artificial insemination. :(

Question: why can't people who were raped take the morning after pill? I'm serious. Why does it have to be an abortion? Morning after pills are cheaper, too.

Little_Miss_1565
11-12-2006, 07:15 AM
Question: why can't people who were raped take the morning after pill? I'm serious. Why does it have to be an abortion? Morning after pills are cheaper, too.

In many cases, they do. After a hospital and police examination, rape surviors are given the morning after pill. However, a great many rapes are not immediately reported because of the stigma many people associate with rape, whether it's cultural, regional, or the result of bad education on such matters. Most of the time there really isn't any justice for rape survivors, which also leads to the far-too-low reporting rate.

Rag Doll
11-12-2006, 07:21 AM
And there are other reasons why some don't. Unfortunately, not all states require that the morning after pill is even *mentioned* to rape victims, let alone given. Some women do not even know they have this option. If they *do* know, they will have a hard time getting it in many hospitals, depending on the state they live in or if the hospital is a Catholic hospital.

Little_Miss_1565
11-12-2006, 07:58 AM
^ What she said!