PDA

View Full Version : the music of your favorite band on tv

Nina
11-10-2006, 01:39 PM
It surprises me that I often hear songs from the Offspring on German TV shows. Are they even popular anymore? Does anyone remember them? Anyway, there is a show on TV called "Wohnen nach Wunsch". A team of painters/interior designers change the room of a lucky person within a couple hours and surprise him or her when he or she comes back home. The fast-forward sequences often start with Offspring riffs.

It made me realize how well the Offspring's music fits into that specific genre. It could be in a sequence of CSI and fit like a glove.

So tell me. Do you have any examples of how your favorite musicians fit in parts of everyday life?

Llamas
11-10-2006, 03:43 PM
I don't have anything to actually contribute to this thread... but the name of the show... live to wish? is that what it means? we have a similar show that you might have there called "extreme makeover: home edition".

but yeah. I don't really watch tv, other than Lost. So I have nothing. :(

EDIT: I used to love when songs I loved were on Buffy. Like the Sarah Mclachlan song in the last episode of season 2... and when Bif Naked plays at the Bronze. hehe I'm a nerd! ;)

ninthlayer
11-10-2006, 03:49 PM
Clone High used a lot of the music I like in its soundtrack.

mrconeman
11-10-2006, 03:56 PM
Supernatural usually has really good song choice in it. They always have a sequence when the main characters are driving in their car listening to music, 9 times out of 10 it's a song I like.

Apathy
11-10-2006, 07:16 PM
Vh1 played a suicide machines song once.

Yep, that's my shitty contribution. My music really isn't popular enough to be on TV anymore.

So tell me. Do you have any examples of how your favorite musicians fit in parts of everyday life?
I don't really understand this question. Could you restate it? Are you asking how songs of your favorite artists fit into things we do in daily life?

Nina
11-11-2006, 02:14 AM
but the name of the show... live to wish?

Hmm...I would translate it to "live at one's own sweet will". But that sounds just as stupid. I guess it's a German thing.

I don't really understand this question. Could you restate it? Are you asking how songs of your favorite artists fit into things we do in daily life?

part of life = TV
songs of your favorite artists on tv

Sorry...I thought the title and the actual post made it clear, but I can see how the last question sounds stupid.

Llamas
11-11-2006, 02:07 PM
Hmm...I would translate it to "live at one's own sweet will". But that sounds just as stupid. I guess it's a German thing.

yeah... germans are crazy. :)