PDA

View Full Version : Phobias?

mrconeman
11-11-2006, 12:44 PM
Arachibutryphobia is the fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth. Discuss phobias you have, discuss phobias that are weird, discuss phobias that may or may not exist.
Discuss.

wheelchairman
11-11-2006, 12:50 PM
Tizz has all the weird ones. Like unfinished wooden objects.

Apathy
11-11-2006, 12:52 PM
Needles. It's quite embarrassing because as a teenager, I still need to get vaccinations, but I just cannot do it. Last time I actually punched a doctor in my attempted escape.

One of the weirder ones is Statues. I've got a friend who has it, although I'm not exactly sure what spawned it.

The Needle thing also sucks because I can't ever get a tattoo or a piercing.

Tizzalicious
11-11-2006, 02:00 PM
Tizz has all the weird ones. Like unfinished wooden objects.

That's not a phobia. I just hate the feeling of them.

I do have phobias though, I'm incredibly scared of snails & slugs, and of swimming in water in nature (any lakes, oceans, etc.). If I would fall in a river I'd probably drown because I'd be so scared I'd forget how to swim.

mrconeman
11-11-2006, 02:05 PM
That's not a phobia. I just hate the feeling of them.

Haha.

and of swimming in water in nature (any lakes, oceans, etc.). If I would fall in a river I'd probably drown because I'd be so scared I'd forget how to swim.
Speaking of which, I can't swim, so I guess water is a phobia of mine.

JohnnyNemesis
11-11-2006, 02:16 PM
Needles. It's quite embarrassing because as a teenager, I still need to get vaccinations, but I just cannot do it. Last time I actually punched a doctor in my attempted escape.

That fucking sucks, buddy. It's always unfortunate to have a phobia that actually interferes with daily life, as opposed to ones that are easier to avoid.

Triskadeskaphobia (sp?) is the fear of the number 13. I don't have that one, thankfully.

Me? I have quite a few intense fears and a few phobias. My number one is claustrophobia in relation to asphyxiation. Specifically, I have the most unbelievable fear of drowning. I don't know how to swim and the longest I've ever held my head underwater is about a quarter-second (though it felt like a fucking eternity, seriously). There is nothing, NOTHING that scares me more than that. Any kind of asphyxiation absolutely terrifies me, but drowning is my number one fear by far.

Tragicomic story: when I was baptised, which was in an old school church where you completely submerge yourself in water for a whole second, I couldn't handle it. I was underwater for a split second before I shot up, yelled, and soaked everyone one surrounding the baptism "tub" thing.

Anyway, yeah. I like this thread.

Llamas
11-11-2006, 02:43 PM
Needles is totally my phobia, too. I can't even watch someone use a needle on tv. It's weird, because I can watch someone cut someone open, but I can't watch a needle go in. I'm also afraid of wasps (wasps and not bees because bees in the US don't usually sting because if they do, they'll die) because of their stinging capabilities. Last time I went to the doctor about my insomnia, the nurse said, "alright we're going to take a blood-" and I *screamed* "NO!" and she finished, "pressure test... what's wrong?" I said "Oh... I thought you were going to say 'sample'... I have a major fear of needles" and she said "oh! I thought you saw a spider or something!" I was so embarassed.

I also have smaller fears of heights (particularly airplanes and bridges), water (because I can't swim... flying over water or bridges over water give me a rough time), and small areas. These are things I hate on a more tolerable level, though. not like needles.

Apathy
11-11-2006, 02:47 PM
Needles is totally my phobia, too. I can't even watch someone use a needle on tv. It's weird, because I can watch someone cut someone open,

Same.

Except I don't have any other phobias. I am generally good with any kind of heights, small spaces, water, animals, or numbers.

That fucking sucks, buddy. It's always unfortunate to have a phobia that actually interferes with daily life, as opposed to ones that are easier to avoid.

Indeed it does, but water has to be worse.

Lodat225
11-11-2006, 02:49 PM
I'm afraid of the darkness, this is because when i was about 5 my sister scared the shit out of me one night with a costume of a demon... i think that's why.

JohnnyNemesis
11-11-2006, 02:50 PM
Indeed it does, but water has to be worse.

Well, I'm not scared of water itself, just being submerged in it.

Jakebert
11-11-2006, 02:55 PM

I used to be like that, but I got over it somehow. Now I just get really nervous and shakey beforehand, but I can handle it if I have to. I've even given blood twice. I found that as long as I don't see the needle beforehand, I'll usually be fine.

But, I still have a fear of heights. When I stand next to a really high up window, for example, I always find myself clutching on to the frame really tightly.

coke_a_holic
11-11-2006, 03:01 PM
I have claustrophobia, but it's mainly when I feel stuck or trapped in a small space, rather than just being inside of a small place. I first experienced this when I was building a snow tunnel about 6 or 7 years ago, but suddenly realized that getting out would be a problem and that I was stuck in a very small space, I started hyperventilating and jumped with enough force to collapse my tunnel.

I also get it when I'm in the dark and I can't find a light switch; I start freaking out and stuff. It's not that big of a problem, though, I haven't had any problems with claustrophobia since I went caving about 3 years ago, and even then, it was only for a minute before I realized that the cave continued in another direction and I wasn't going to have to crawl backwards to get out.

Duskygrin
11-11-2006, 03:03 PM
I've no phobia that I'm aware of.

AAAAAAHHHHHH SPIDER ON MY WINDOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tizzalicious
11-11-2006, 03:03 PM
I also get it when I'm in the dark and I can't find a light switch; I start freaking out and stuff. It's not that big of a problem, though, I haven't had any problems with claustrophobia since I went caving about 3 years ago, and even then, it was only for a minute before I realized that the cave continued in another direction and I wasn't going to have to crawl backwards to get out.

A tiny cave would freak me out. I was in cave once, with my family, the kids were alowed to walk a block by themselves, just take the first turn to the right, and again, and again. No way I did that.

my biggest fear is finding a corpse actually, that's what I was afraid of in the cave aswell.

HeadAroundU
11-11-2006, 03:07 PM
http://phobialist.com/
Proctophobia- Fear of rectums. It would be bad to have this phobia at the BBS.
Panophobia or Pantophobia- Fear of everything. lolol

The real men don't have a phobias and I'm one of them.

killer_queen
11-11-2006, 03:07 PM
Clowns. I had no idea that it was very common. After I've seen a couple of people like me I started to feel better. Anyway, I can't even look at them. And I don't understand why some people, especially children love them so much.

I'm also scared of bugs but I wasn't like that when I was a little girl. But I am now and I can even cry when I see a bug.

Llamas
11-11-2006, 03:11 PM
Clowns. I had no idea that it was very common. After I've seen a couple of people like me I started to feel better. Anyway, I can't even look at them. And I don't understand why some people, especially children love them so much.

I'm also scared of bugs but I wasn't like that when I was a little girl. But I am now and I can even cry when I see a bug.

every single bug? damn. That would be rough... even like, ants? Flies?

killer_queen
11-11-2006, 03:13 PM
Nah, little ants and flies are okay. My enemies are huge scary bugs and worms.

- -Lauren- -
11-11-2006, 03:15 PM
Phobias? Where do I start?

Needles. At least I know I'll never be an intravenous heroin user. I've never had blood drawn, and I never will. Okay, I will, but I'll run out of the doctors office screaming and crying like a two year old before they do. IVs are pretty bad too, just stick in in my leg. Not my arm.

Anything going into or out of my arm. My arms are incredibly sensitive.

Paper cuts. They freak me out for some reason, I get images of being tortured to death by them.

Silence in the dark. In my room at night, I must have my sound machine on or else I'll freak out. If I'm outside and it's silent, okay, or if someone is there with me. But in my room alone and it's silent, I'll have a freak out.

Spiders...worms...anything small and creepy crawly with more than 4 legs or none at all.

Russophobia. Fear of Russians. Haha.

Vera
11-11-2006, 03:26 PM
Crusifixes. Big statues of human figures. Big paintings of humans.

Llamas
11-11-2006, 03:37 PM
Spiders...worms...anything small and creepy crawly with more than 4 legs or none at all.

are there any bugs that have between zero and four legs? I've never seen a bug with 1, 2, or 3 legs...

T-6005
11-11-2006, 03:41 PM
Wounded insects, maybe.

Anywho - I've got a few.

Definitely a fear of large insects - comes from living in Taiwan, where I swear the insects are on something because they're HUGE. I get scared of large grasshoppers, even.

I hate flying with a passion, which is hugely inconvenient since I've had to do it so often.

Nina
11-11-2006, 03:46 PM
I wasnt aware that so many people cant swim.

Do you guys actually have these phobias? Do you really go insane over that stuff? Cause I dunno if I'd call any fear I have a phobia. Maybe there are differences between phobias..like mild / advanced ones.

Maybe I just misunderstand the word. Cause in German there is a huge difference between Phobia and just Fear. And I just looked it up in the dictionary and the English word Phobia did mean the German word Fear and Phobia, but it wasnt like that the other way around!

Llamas
11-11-2006, 03:46 PM
wounded insects... but she's not afraid of bugs with 5 legs... and the only bugs with 5 legs would be wounded. lauren, you fail at making sense. :(

big insects are so cool. It's amazing how insects in some places have evolved to be so big, but in other places they need to be so tiny. I find it fascinating.

T-6005
11-11-2006, 03:49 PM
wounded insects... but she's not afraid of bugs with 5 legs... and the only bugs with 5 legs would be wounded. lauren, you fail at making sense. :(

big insects are so cool. It's amazing how insects in some places have evolved to be so big, but in other places they need to be so tiny. I find it fascinating.
I think I used to like big insects until I was assigned a 6th grade project that involved going bug-catching, thereby pitting me again grasshoppers the size of my then-small hand and strong enough to rip through my net (which always caused me to flee in terror).

- -Lauren- -
11-11-2006, 03:50 PM
are there any bugs that have between zero and four legs? I've never seen a bug with 1, 2, or 3 legs...

Well I shouldn't have said four. Maybe 6 or so. I'm talking centipedes, spiders, beetles, etc. I'm not afraid of moths, grasshoppers, praying manticies, ants, or flies.

Llamas
11-11-2006, 03:51 PM
I wasnt aware that so many people cant swim.

Do you guys actually have these phobias? Do you really go insane over that stuff? Cause I dunno if I'd call any fear I have a phobia. Maybe there are differences between phobias..like mild / advanced ones.

Maybe I just misunderstand the word. Cause in German there is a huge difference between Phobia and just Fear. And I just looked it up in the dictionary and the English word Phobia did mean the German word Fear and Phobia, but it wasnt like that the other way around!

There is a very clear difference between Phobia and Fear. A phobia is an irrational fear. I seriously do go crazy around needles. After my scare with the needle at the doctor, they did take that blood pressure test, and my blood pressure was INSANELY high after the thought of needles.

I think there are different words in german. Fear would be Angst... Phobia... well there is "die Phobie", but I don't know how common that is. Otherwise, I think people would refer to a phobia as "krankhafte Furcht". Does that make sense?

I'm also surprised that other people can't swim. I've always hated that I can't swim and I never meet other people who can't swim. I hate it when people invite me to go swimming. :-/

Tigger Army
11-11-2006, 03:51 PM
Haha.

Speaking of which, I can't swim, so I guess water is a phobia of mine.

Wrong. for it to be a phobia it has to be an unreasonable fear or anxiety of the subject of your phobia. Preferably to the point where you try to avoid any situation in which the phobia might be triggered.

If you're not able to swim fear of drowning is hardly unreasonable. Just the words 'I guess' already proof it's no phobia. If it was a phobia you'd know

Llamas
11-11-2006, 03:53 PM
Well I shouldn't have said four. Maybe 6 or so. I'm talking centipedes, spiders, beetles, etc. I'm not afraid of moths, grasshoppers, praying manticies, ants, or flies.

oh, okay. so you're afraid of bugs that aren't insects. beetles have 6 legs, though, and are insects (ladybugs are in the same family as beetles, too... you afraid of ladybugs?). are you also afraid of millipedes? They're herbivores and don't have any fangs or anything... they're super nice. Centipedes are so gross, though.

Nina
11-11-2006, 03:54 PM
I think there are different words in german. Fear would be Angst... Phobia... well there is "die Phobie", but I don't know how common that is. Otherwise, I think people would refer to a phobia as "krankhafte Furcht". Does that make sense?

Yes it does, I think krankhafte Furcht is the definition of the German word Phobie (or in any language, for that matter).

I relate to you, except I dont have a phobia over needles...I'm just kinda scared of them :]

T-6005
11-11-2006, 03:55 PM
I love swimming.

- -Lauren- -
11-11-2006, 03:55 PM
oh, okay. so you're afraid of bugs that aren't insects. beetles have 6 legs, though, and are insects (ladybugs are in the same family as beetles, too... you afraid of ladybugs?). are you also afraid of millipedes? They're herbivores and don't have any fangs or anything... they're super nice. Centipedes are so gross, though.

Ladybugs are pretty though. Beetles are ugly, so I'm pretty much scared of any ugly bug. Or ones that can bite and/or venomous.

Llamas
11-11-2006, 03:58 PM
Ladybugs are pretty though. Beetles are ugly, so I'm pretty much scared of any ugly bug. Or ones that can bite and/or venomous.

haha, I just got an image: "omg that bug is UGLY!" *runs away screaming*

you're so judgemental! poor buggy wuggies. :(

- -Lauren- -
11-11-2006, 04:11 PM
haha, I just got an image: "omg that bug is UGLY!" *runs away screaming*

you're so judgemental! poor buggy wuggies. :(

lolz. Well, I'm only judgemental when it comes to bugs. Usually.

Betty
11-11-2006, 04:15 PM
I'm not scared of anything.

Which makes me terrible because I'm totally unsympathetic towards people who have phobias, as I cannot relate.

mrconeman
11-11-2006, 04:15 PM
Wrong. for it to be a phobia it has to be an unreasonable fear or anxiety of the subject of your phobia. Preferably to the point where you try to avoid any situation in which the phobia might be triggered.

If you're not able to swim fear of drowning is hardly unreasonable. Just the words 'I guess' already proof it's no phobia. If it was a phobia you'd know

oic. I guess I don't really have any phobias then.

Tigger Army
11-11-2006, 04:19 PM
oic. I guess I don't really have any phobias then.

Congratulations! :D

wheelchairman
11-11-2006, 04:19 PM

Which makes me terrible because I'm totally unsympathetic towards people who have phobias, as I cannot relate.

Yeah I have the same problem. Or I find it amusing.

0r4ng3
11-11-2006, 04:28 PM
I sort of have a phobia of sharp objects. Like, if I see a pen or pencil on a table, I have to turn the point facing away from me.

Oh, and bees/wasps. Those freak me out. But not on a phobia status.

Venom Symbiote
11-11-2006, 05:08 PM
Snakes, dogs (I'm serious, dogs - anything bigger than a fucking beagle), and being upside down.

No fear of heights whatsoever, but I could never bungee jump. Ever. Skydiving? I'm there. But it basically limits anything cool I can go on at theme parks, most of the rollercoasters are off-limits.

Llamas
11-11-2006, 05:12 PM
No fear of heights whatsoever, but I could never bungee jump. Ever. Skydiving? I'm there. But it basically limits anything cool I can go on at theme parks, most of the rollercoasters are off-limits.

this didn't really make sense... you don't have a fear of heights, but the fact that you don't ever wantt o bungee jump stops you from going on rollercoasters?

Jebus
11-11-2006, 05:18 PM

same here.

I'm desperately looking through my memories to see if I could find anything that I'm extremely afraid of, but I can't find anything. Although I can't swim and I almost drowned once, I don't feel any fear when I'm in water. I just think "oh, I'll just be more careful this time" and not worry about what happened that one time.

Apathy
11-11-2006, 05:21 PM
I have something to add, although I'm not quite sure what it would be called.

At seemingly random times, I'll just feel like my neck is..exposed for the lack of a better word. I have to cover it up because something just keeps telling me I'm about to get stabbed in the jugular.

mrconeman
11-11-2006, 05:22 PM
Thinking back I definatly used to have a phobia of dogs.
When I was 4 or 5 I was petting a friends dog and it bit my finger, blood and what not, it was pretty sore from what I remember. From then until I was about..12/13 I wouldn't go near a dog. I don't remember how exactly, but I definatly over-came that one, I can be around dogs as much as I need, I'm still definatly more of a cat person, and this may have had something to do with that.

Llamas
11-11-2006, 05:26 PM
When I was 4 or 5 I was petting a friends dog and it bit my finger, blood and what not, it was pretty sore from what I remember. From then until I was about..12/13 I wouldn't go near a dog. I don't remember how exactly, but I definatly over-came that one, I can be around dogs as much as I need, I'm still definatly more of a cat person, and this may have had something to do with that.

Come to think about it, I used to have a pretty bad phobia of dogs. (haha I accidentally typed "dongs" and had to backspace!)

When I was like 8, my friend's dog jumped on me and bit my arm. I didn't need stitches, but I had a scar for years. From then until I was 12, I was deathly afraid of dogs. I wouldn't go in people's houses if they had a dog. when I was 12, my mom bought a 6 week old puppy. She cured my fear and I loved her... 8 months later, she was put down. :(

Lodat225
11-11-2006, 05:27 PM
I'm afraid of ilovellamas

Emanem
11-11-2006, 05:30 PM
I have a couple of phobias:

Heights, clastrophobia, Asphixiation/drowning, needles, wasps/bees, seeing my own blood

Seeing as I am asmatic, asphixiation was my biggest phobia. Whenever I got scared by something else (all of my other fears) I panicked, and sometimes simply stoped breathing... coudn´t breath, really really wanted to, but just couldn´t...

So, 4 years ago I swore to myself I´d put an end to all of my fears.

I failed myserably to erase my phobias, but fortunatly, I can *control* them. To do this, you just have to insert you fears into your life, on purpose.
Being forced to face your on fears really helps in curing them.

Wasps/bees: whenever I see them, I get closer, and closer, and piss them off, trying to kill them. Doing this, I was stinged 5 times by wasps, and had to pull about 7/8 bee stings off of my hands. It hurts as hell, and I´m still afraid of them, but now I´m brave enough to kill them with my bare hands.

Seeing blood (xpecially my own): this one was easy, I simply bought a skateboard, but later on I realized rollerblades did a better job! Also, I´m now commited on dowhill with my BMX.

As far as clautrophobia goes, all you need is to lock yourself in your room, in total darkness, and just drop the key, then try to remain calm until you pick up the key

I now actually enjoy Slide and Rapel, so that takes care of heights

Needles is kinda hard, seeing as I still haven´t gotten totaly over it. Last month I had to make some blood tests, and I almost freaked out when I saw the naadle, but beleive me, it´s batter to *look* at what the nurse is doing, instead of turning the face away. Worst part wasn´t when she stabed me with the needle, it was when I saw my own blood going out to the needle. In that case, one just needs to remain very very calm, and think happy thoughts xD

Drowning: I learnd how to swin, *all by myself*. That took care of it.

As of now, my only phobia left, is that I´ll be afraid of these things again, so, I´m basicly only afraid of fear itself :P

Edit: I was wondering: does this give me the "Biggest Fking Post " Award?? If not, how many more do I have to write?

Jebus
11-11-2006, 05:31 PM
I remember being attacked by a dog in park when I was five or so. It chased me for a good solid minute until it caught me. Well, it wasn't really attacking me. I think it was just playing with me, but I didn't know that at the time. It made me afraid of dogs of for quite some time but it eventually went away. I wouldn't consider things like this phobias because kids at that age are afraid of everything.

Betty
11-11-2006, 05:39 PM
When I was pretty young, 7 or so, I watched one of those TV shows about children that got kidnapped by strangers out of their own backyards. Like, by some creepy man that just walked back there while they were playing on their swingset and their parents were inside making dinner or something. After that I was TERRIFIED to be outside alone, and I had my parents walk me even if I was just going next door to a friend's house. I don't know how long that fear lasted, but I do remember being quite traumatized at least for a little while.

mrconeman
11-11-2006, 05:52 PM
http://media.putfile.com/Phobias-92
wtf, and discuss.

Tired_Of_You
11-11-2006, 06:07 PM
I'm not sure I have phobias...

However, I hate most bugs. Even butterflies. I don't like their powdery wings. ew. I hate spiders, but I can approach them and kill then, so I don't think I have a phobia.

Also, I hate the sight of blood. A few drops don't bother me, but when I cut my fingers a few months ago, it was not the best of experiences for me. Needless to say I was extremely nervous and couldn't stop crying. I don't like seeing the blood of others either, it never made me cry, though. I'm more scared of blood than bugs. No idea why I hate it that much.

Llamas
11-11-2006, 06:09 PM
butterflies are the only insects that I hate. It's not a phobia, but I really, really hate them. I think they're ugly as fuck, and nasty.

Tired_Of_You
11-11-2006, 06:10 PM
Exactly! Most of them are so ugly, I don't understand why people like them. Beautiful colours? Whatever.

Llamas
11-11-2006, 06:13 PM
I don't understand why people like going in those butterfly rooms, where they relase hundreds of butterflies and they fly around and land on you and shit. It's soooo gross!

Tired_Of_You
11-11-2006, 06:17 PM
What? I didn't know some people did that. Are they crazy? Well, of course they are...fuck, butterfly room. Image all the powder from their wings and all these butterflies trying to land on you, in your face. hghghugjuggh

JoY
11-11-2006, 06:18 PM

Needles is totally my phobia, too. I can't even watch someone use a needle on tv. It's weird, because I can watch someone cut someone open, but I can't watch a needle go in.

Phobias? Where do I start?

Needles. At least I know I'll never be an intravenous heroin user. I've never had blood drawn, and I never will. Okay, I will, but I'll run out of the doctors office screaming and crying like a two year old before they do. IVs are pretty bad too, just stick in in my leg. Not my arm.

boy, oh boy. am I gonna beat you all with your needle-phaers. I'm terrified of needles, about the same way llamas is.

now you imagine what I felt like, when we, as medical students, had to practice drawing blood on each other. or better yet, imagine what the person I practiced on felt like.

or the time I broke my leg & had to inject myself with bloodthinners twice a day? oh, those were joyous days. my mother even left me stuck in my wheelchair in the hallway once, because I was throwing such a hysteric fit for having to get those injections. at first I let my mother do it, because I was too afraid, but I was so tensed, the injections kept leaving gigantic blue marks all over my stomach. so eventually I had to face my ridiculous fears & inject myself. for the sake of not looking like a total heroin-, hepatitis-infected-, HIV-positive-, streetprostitute.

these experiences haven't really helped, though. well, the first one I mentioned, which wasn't too long ago, kinda did, but there's still nothing in this world that grosses me out more than a needle puncturing the skin, sliding oh so easily through it. *shudder*

I said I'm scared of needles in about the same way llamas is, because I'm not too worried about seeing someone get cut open, or having a cut myself (I'm so emo, lolz), unless we're talking a boobjob. holy fucking JAZZ, that looks ugly. either the nipple is cut off, or they cut open the boob, or both.. (naturally a sensitive subject) & that combined with all the red-ish jodium & that silicone bag of blubber, you've got me creeped out to the max. also drains, when we're talking infections? or when sucking away fat? disssssgusting. *shuddershuddershudder* so some kinds of cutting can most certainly get me to look away in total fucking horror, making horrendous sounds, or become pale as a piece of paper, untill I'm offered a chair.

now everyone's wondering why I study what I study, amirite?

Llamas
11-11-2006, 06:21 PM
wow. I tried to find photos on google of a butterfly room, and I found this:
http://www.geocities.com/soho/veranda/4101/image7.gif

EDIT: Joy, we already talked about my needle phobia, and you told me your horrendous stories. :(

JoY
11-11-2006, 06:24 PM
it's hippie porn!
without the long hair, colored sunglasses & scruffy look, though.

either way, that picture would make me hate butterflies too. but I don't. I think they're.. well, I'm pretty much neutral when it comes to that subject. which I can't say for a certain friend, who went nuts last vacation over butterflies; "SO PRETTY IT LANDED ON MY NOSE OMGWTF LOOOKK!!!"

Tired_Of_You
11-11-2006, 06:24 PM
"Fluttering in a circle, the colors of love surround me"

Oh. My. God. The best picture I've seen in a while. The strangest too. I can't stop laughing.

JoY
11-11-2006, 06:25 PM
Joy, we already talked about my needle phobia, and you told me your horrendous stories. :(

can't you see, I'm still not over it.:(

0r4ng3
11-11-2006, 06:25 PM
Wow those are some homosexual butterflies right there.

Idiot
11-11-2006, 06:34 PM

Yeah dogs can be fucking vicious if not trained properly...I remember reading something in the paper not so long ago about a young girl whose face was ruined after being attacked by a dog.

mrconeman
11-11-2006, 06:36 PM
There was a thing on the news recently about a bulldog attacking a family or something, but the family dog ended up fighting it and saving his owners and being killed in the process. Dogs are mad vicious. Cats ftw.

Duskygrin
11-11-2006, 06:37 PM
a cat will rip your eyes out if you make the wrong move.

JoY
11-11-2006, 06:38 PM
Idiot, you seriously have no idea how often that happens.

on the subject of dogs & cats; a dog you can raise the way you want it to become. it's kind of like your own child. you raise it & it'll look after you, personality-wise of course. if the owner's an asshole, the dog's going to be mistreated to become one traumatized angry beast.

cats on the other hand do whatever they fucking feel like. they scratch your furniture, clothes, et cetera, they piss & poop in that awful smelling box of theirs, they leave their home not to come back, untill they wish to, which could be months later, if they weren't run over by a car in the mean time, they sit on people who don't even like cats, they ignore people who do like cats. cats are fucking impossible. you can't raise them, you can't train them, you can't walk them.. nothing. they're dumb, stubborn, messy & annoying.

if it wasn't clear by now; I dislike most cats. but guess who they always choose to sit their lazy butts on. yes.

Llamas
11-11-2006, 06:41 PM
oh dear, I thought at first that your post, joy, was in response to duskygrin... haha.

dogs are very smart and very protective. It's crazy how most housedogs would be able to survive if let into the wild, but a lot lot lot of housecats die. Cats are wusses. :( Not that that's a reason to dislike them... if I let my rabbit into the wild, he'd die in like 5 minutes.

Idiot
11-11-2006, 06:42 PM
Idiot, you seriously have no idea how often that happens.

Please, call me Joe ;)

Yeah I can imagine it probably does happen more than I realise, just its only ever been in the paper once when I've seen it and others have.
Maybe it happens more in some places than others.

JoY
11-11-2006, 07:51 PM
who's that soccer player again with the gigantic scar on his face? he was bitten by a dog in his face when he was just a little kiddo (I heard).

WebDudette
11-11-2006, 08:29 PM
As far as I know I have no phobias, and I'm really not afraid of anything that isn't out of the norm. On second thought I do get a little jittery at extreme hights, but only it it's open, like a watch tower I remember climbing in the middle of a forest when I was little.

- -Lauren- -
11-11-2006, 10:09 PM
boy, oh boy. am I gonna beat you all with your needle-phaers. I'm terrified of needles, about the same way llamas is.

now you imagine what I felt like, when we, as medical students, had to practice drawing blood on each other. or better yet, imagine what the person I practiced on felt like.

or the time I broke my leg & had to inject myself with bloodthinners twice a day? oh, those were joyous days. my mother even left me stuck in my wheelchair in the hallway once, because I was throwing such a hysteric fit for having to get those injections. at first I let my mother do it, because I was too afraid, but I was so tensed, the injections kept leaving gigantic blue marks all over my stomach. so eventually I had to face my ridiculous fears & inject myself. for the sake of not looking like a total heroin-, hepatitis-infected-, HIV-positive-, streetprostitute.

these experiences haven't really helped, though. well, the first one I mentioned, which wasn't too long ago, kinda did, but there's still nothing in this world that grosses me out more than a needle puncturing the skin, sliding oh so easily through it. *shudder*

I said I'm scared of needles in about the same way llamas is, because I'm not too worried about seeing someone get cut open, or having a cut myself (I'm so emo, lolz), unless we're talking a boobjob. holy fucking JAZZ, that looks ugly. either the nipple is cut off, or they cut open the boob, or both.. (naturally a sensitive subject) & that combined with all the red-ish jodium & that silicone bag of blubber, you've got me creeped out to the max. also drains, when we're talking infections? or when sucking away fat? disssssgusting. *shuddershuddershudder* so some kinds of cutting can most certainly get me to look away in total fucking horror, making horrendous sounds, or become pale as a piece of paper, untill I'm offered a chair.

I am right there with you. I can't watch needles on TV, can't watch anything with purpose cutting (like intentionally cutting an area, I can only see accidental cutting) and if I had to give myself injections I would probably die. But yeah, whats the point of going into the doctor-esque career if you hate all of those things?

Boob jobs do look disgusting. Eww, I watch Doctor 90210 sometimes. Lots of them there.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
11-12-2006, 12:55 AM
I always get a feeling like someone's behind me. Night or day. Alone or with others. It freaks me out, and I hate it. I must have turned around over 10 times in the past half-hour.

http://media.putfile.com/Phobias-92
wtf, and discuss.

I had to shut that off after 5 seconds. It's three in the morning, so it's quiet and creaky, and I'm in a dark basement alone.

--
Judeophobia- Fear of Jews: Borat!

WebDudette
11-12-2006, 01:43 AM
Am I the only person that video isn't working for? :(

JohnnyNemesis
11-12-2006, 02:07 AM
I always get a feeling like someone's behind me.

This makes me so sad :(

JoY
11-12-2006, 04:49 AM
But yeah, whats the point of going into the doctor-esque career if you hate all of those things?

it's a love-hate relationship. after I'd drawn blood from my friend, I was like; "hey! that's not even that difficult." I'm still not over myself, because if I'd have to do it again, I'd be the same all over again, but the bloodtest we did with the blood we'd drawn were extremely interesting & that makes up for any horror on my part.

also intentional cutting isn't necessarily what creeps me out. I watched my own ankle operation & actually thought it was muchos interesting. that's why I guess I study medicine. also cutting in bodies for anatomy doesn't bother me at all.