PDA

View Full Version : Re: Photo Album - sword

Duskygrin
11-11-2006, 11:21 AM
. .

DeAtHsTaR
11-11-2006, 11:31 AM
I thought yours was a plastic one as well. With the luminescent handle, like the ones they make for kids who like all things shiny. I guess you play "crash! boom! bang! zoom!" with it as well. My little cousin does.

Haha no, it's surgical steel and the clear part is glass.

DeAtHsTaR
11-11-2006, 11:43 AM
At a yard sale? For 10$? You sure? You've got a paper? Guarantee? Anything that might back up your statements?

No, no receipts at yard sales, at least in America. It came with a leather sheath though!

wheelchairman
11-11-2006, 11:52 AM
Make sure you get whetstone to sharpen it.

DeAtHsTaR
11-11-2006, 12:15 PM
Is there no way you can expertise that blade? I'm worried that you got gently swindled. Well, not exactly, if it's metal, which I've no doubt it is, then 10$ is a good price for it, especially sold with a leather sheath. At my place, leather belts on their own are likely to cost you more than just 10$, so... But why would a seller at a yard sale practically give away his merchandise? 10$ for surgical-steel blade + leather sheet is more than a bargain, it's ZE bargain, I don't see why anyone would divest oneself of such a good blade for so little financial gain.

It's some old man. So I guess he's naive?

DeAtHsTaR
11-11-2006, 12:52 PM
So you are the swindler? I don't congratulate you. Poor old man. Not only old, but poor enough to be happy to get his 10$. Shame should be burning your cheeks as we speak.
Don't be laying some guilt trip. He's not poor, he's in a decent neighborhood. He's selling a lot of stuff, I'm thinking it all belonged to his son or something.

DeAtHsTaR
11-11-2006, 12:57 PM
I guess it's okay, then. haha guilt trip. I'll confess I was.

wait, that man lost his son?

I don't know!!! What I'm thinking is that his son moved out years ago, the man probably found all this old stuff in the attic and decided to sell it. But your guess is as good as mine.

wheelchairman
11-11-2006, 01:42 PM
Maria your sense of humor is mindboggling.

DeAtHsTaR
11-11-2006, 01:46 PM
DuskyGrin, I'm not actually gonna cut my cat. The sword will stay in the house unti I sell it. Haha if the son actually found out who bought it, hell yeah I would sell it back to him.

Apathy
11-11-2006, 01:49 PM
I hope this all is some elaborate joke that I'm not getting.

It's a fucking yard sale. I wouldn't pay more than 10 or 20 dollars for anything.

JohnnyNemesis
11-11-2006, 02:00 PM
Learn English.

Nina
11-11-2006, 02:27 PM
Moderators, if the deletion urge tingles your skin, resist & open up a new thread where you might dump the conversation. Thank you.

How about you dont post this in here in the first place and go by the RULES that tell you to open a topic yourself?! jesus, woman. a little conversation is okay i think but you write passages over passages over that shit.

sKratch
11-11-2006, 02:33 PM
I almost feel as if the conversation were intentional, and that makes me sad. Seriously, the Photo Album has fucking rules and it's a pain in the dick to moderate it when people ignore them. So keep the conversations out of photo album because i'm not always going to feel like making you new topics out of your conversations.

Nina
11-11-2006, 02:36 PM
and it's a pain in the dick

listen to what he says!!!!!!! so many female and male lives depend on it.

Apathy
11-11-2006, 02:38 PM
I find these rules ridiculous. I've never been to a message board where comments in a picture thread that were spawned from a picture are not allowed in the thread itself.

Still, they are the rules. Besides, this entire conversation is a bit strange. Why should anyone care how much dain paid for a sword and what he's going to do with it?

Nina
11-11-2006, 02:39 PM
I find these rules ridiculous. I've never been to a message board where comments in a picture thread that were spawned from a picture are not allowed in the thread itself.

If you find that ridiculous you should visit moderated German boards. This is far from being ridiculous. Besides, that's basically the only real rule we have. The others are obvious things like no spamming or trolling.

Apathy
11-11-2006, 02:41 PM
So no spamming and no trolling aren't real rules?

:rolleyes:

Llamas
11-11-2006, 02:42 PM
If you find that ridiculous you should visit moderated German boards.

haha I joined one once. I didn't stay long.

I don't think it's ridiculous. The other board I post at does not have these rules, and the photo album thread is always way off topic until someone posts a picture again 3 pages later. I like that it's more regulated here.

JohnnyNemesis
11-11-2006, 02:43 PM

Comments are fine though; it's the full fledeged conversations that aren't. It all depends on the size of the community on the message board too.

I just wanna say something about about rules in general (this isn't directed at anyone in particular, but is directed at EVERYONE):

People need to realize that moderators didn't just make up these rules. The process usually involves responding to the many complaints we get from users of the BBS and then doing something about them. That's why it fucking burns me up when people suggest that we're only enforcing these rules to be assholes and flex power. For fuck's sake, they're usually YOUR rules, not ours!

Llamas
11-11-2006, 02:43 PM
So no spamming and no trolling aren't real rules?
did you even bother to read?

that's basically the only real rule we have. The others (other rules) are obvious things like no spamming or trolling.

come on now... it was pretty clear.

Apathy
11-11-2006, 02:44 PM
I don't think it's ridiculous. The other board I post at does not have these rules, and the photo album thread is always way off topic until someone posts a picture again 3 pages later. I like that it's more regulated here.

See, I'm the opposite.
I prefer meaningful, or even non-meaningful, discussion over redundant postings of nearly identical pictures by four or five of the same people.

did you even bother to read?

and when you read, can you pick up forms of sarcasm? Or is it too complex?
This would be another one of those sarcastic circumstances, Just letting you know if case your answer is 'no'.

Comments are fine though; it's the full fledeged conversations that aren't. It all depends on the size of the community on the message board too.

I just wanna say something about about rules in general (this isn't directed at anyone in particular, but is directed at EVERYONE):

People need to realize that moderators didn't just make up these rules. The process usually involves responding to the many complaints we get from users of the BBS and then doing something about them. That's why it fucking burns me up when people suggest that we're only enforcing these rules to be assholes and flex power. For fuck's sake, they're usually YOUR rules, not ours!

I understand and respect the rules. I just find them stupid. Fair Enough?

HeadAroundU
11-11-2006, 02:47 PM
Besides, this entire conversation is a bit strange. Why should anyone care how much dain paid for a sword and what he's going to do with it?
Because the car? Because the frog is deluded? I dunno.

Nina
11-11-2006, 02:49 PM
redundant postings of nearly identical pictures by four or five of the same people.

Maybe you arent here long enough. It wasnt always like that. The first page of the PhotoAlbum should prove you wrong, too.

Rag Doll
11-11-2006, 02:50 PM
I almost feel as if the conversation were intentional, and that makes me sad. Seriously, the Photo Album has fucking rules and it's a pain in the dick to moderate it when people ignore them. So keep the conversations out of photo album because i'm not always going to feel like making you new topics out of your conversations.

Yeah. I basically agree with all of this.

Nina
11-11-2006, 02:51 PM
and when you read, can you pick up forms of sarcasm? Or is it too complex?
This would be another one of those sarcastic circumstances, Just letting you know if case your answer is 'no'.

What the hell is wrong with you? My sarcasm detector didnt go dingdingding either, but I dont think it would have mattered anyway cause what you said was still a stupid thing to say. I would have pointed out the same if llama-baby hadnt done it before me.

Apathy
11-11-2006, 02:55 PM
Then you're apparently in the minority, Apathy. If you don't like the rule, fine. If you don't like the photo album, don't look at it. But the rule is staying in place.

I suppose I am, but I'd like to get a few things straight.

I never said I didn't like the photo album.
It gets boring at times because of the lack of conversation. But overall, it is more enjoyable than most threads.

I never said we should get rid of the rule, and I never intentionally broke it anyway.
I said the rule was ridiculous, and in my opinion it is.
Maybe it wouldn't be such a "pain in the dick" to moderate, if you didn't moderate it so strictly. Hmm?

Either way,
Still, they are the rules.
so...I know. Don't lecture me.

Llamas
11-11-2006, 02:56 PM
I catch sarcasm when it's funny or noticable. Your choice in sarcasm was horribly lame, and not even remotely funny. It didn't even make sense. "it's one of the only rules, along with no trolling and spamming" "so, no trolling and spamming aren't rules?" How is that sarcasm at all? It just sounds like you didn't know what was going on....

Apathy
11-11-2006, 02:58 PM
What the hell is wrong with you? My sarcasm detector didnt go dingdingding either, but I dont think it would have mattered anyway cause what you said was still a stupid thing to say. I would have pointed out the same if llama-baby hadnt done it before me.

Well then you're slow too.
Scroll your mouse over the little smiley icon I used. (:rolleyes: )
What's it say? "Roll Eyes, Sarcastic"

What I said was stupid. It was meant to be. Got it?

I don't care if you didn't get it/didn't think it was funny. Maybe my sense of humor is bad. Maybe you're just a tad slow. Maybe it doesn't matter.
The only one that has a sufficient answer is that last one.
It really fucking doesn't.

Rag Doll
11-11-2006, 03:00 PM
Apathy, if you look back, you'll see I deleted my reply once you changed your reply to Ricky. However, since you're replying...

No one said you intentionally broke the rule. WTF persecution complex much? And when it is not "moderated so strictly," there are a ridiculous amount of complaints about it. It is then no longer a photo album, but a bastard cousin of SWOYM.

Llamas
11-11-2006, 03:00 PM
Well then you're slow too.
Scroll your mouse over the little smiley icon I used. (:rolleyes: )
What's it say? "Roll Eyes, Sarcastic"

What I said was stupid. It was meant to be. Got it?

thinking that the smilie is automatically used how it's defined is almost as funny as thinking that opinion and belief are the same thing... tee hee.

Apathy
11-11-2006, 03:05 PM
See? Your sense of humor is just as crippled as mine is.

And when it is not "moderated so strictly," there are a ridiculous amount of complaints about it. It is then no longer a photo album, but a bastard cousin of SWOYM.

People complain about discussions in the Photo album. In my previous experience on other boards, this was not the case. I did not know this, nor would I have guessed it was so.

I understand that you have to delete them if the majority of the people dislike them. My personal opinion is that if you delete them, then you'd have to delete the hundreds of other posts in other topics that don't have anything to do with the topic at hand.

Like say, the little bitchfest that's going on between Nina/llamas and I currently.

Nina
11-11-2006, 03:09 PM
Apathy, what you fail to realize is that people complained about off-topic conversations in the photo album. That was never said for any other topic. Why, WHY is that so hard to understand? There is no need for a comparsion to other offtopic conversations, cause nobody cares about offtopic conversations in other topics other than photoalbum.

If you really "dont care" then I wonder why you still argue and even call this conversation a bitchfest.

Apathy
11-11-2006, 03:19 PM
Nina, show me where I said I didn't care.

You mean this?

Why should anyone care how much dain paid for a sword and what he's going to do with it?
That was about dain.
This is about whether deletions in the Photo Album are justified.

Apathy, what you fail to realize is that people complained about off-topic conversations in the photo album.
Oh, really?
"People complain about discussions in the Photo album. In my previous experience on other boards, this was not the case. I did not know this, nor would I have guessed it was so. I understand that you have to delete them if the majority of the people dislike them. My personal opinion is that if you delete them, then you'd have to delete the hundreds of other posts in other topics that don't have anything to do with the topic at hand." - Me, like four fricken posts ago."

That was never said for any other topic. There is no need for a comparsion to other offtopic conversations, cause nobody cares about offtopic conversations in other topics other than photoalbum.
What if I do?
I don't obviously, but anyone could. I genuinely don't mind off-topic conversation, and the fact that people dislike it in one particular thread, but don't care anywhere else baffles me.

I've already said I understand why it must be deleted if the majority of the people dislike it. I understand the rule, and I abide with it. What else is there?

You just keep going because you feel attacked and want to get the last word in, amirite?

Nina
11-11-2006, 03:20 PM
It is anything but difficult to open a new thread "Re: [insert your concerns here]". It has happened before, it has always worked, it kept the Photo Album more Album-ish and it usually turned out to be a kick-ass topic. Dont believe me? Use the search-button.

Rag Doll
11-11-2006, 03:20 PM
I didn't know I was allowed to post a thread about Dain's sword. For all I know, it might well have gone against another rule that I wasn't aware about in the first place.

Complete bullshit.

Moderators, if the deletion urge tingles your skin, resist & open up a new thread where you might dump the conversation. Thank you.

wheelchairman
11-11-2006, 03:22 PM
Maria, it was a mutual decision made at the time. There are reasons for it, it is not simply for a strict hierarchy.

With all due respect. I really would never care what private little conversation you have with Dain. That is your business and you should be able to have it. However I do want to be able to go to the photo album and see photos. It being the photo album after all. What compromise did we come up with? We move the discussions to their own thread. So all those who want to participate in them, can, and all those who want to see photos, can. What is so unreasonable about this?

You keep acting like you are persecuted by unfair moderation laws. And that's understandable, you would be one of the people who might just be unjustly abused by mods who simply don't like you. However right now it seems more like you are trying to provoke the mods into arguing with you, and bending rules that everyone more or less agreed on. And I remember we specifically asked what the bbs wanted first and foremost.

Nina
11-11-2006, 03:25 PM

I don't care if you didn't get it/didn't think it was funny. Maybe my sense of humor is bad. Maybe you're just a tad slow. Maybe it doesn't matter.

What if I do?

Do it if you ever feel the desire (I'm aware you're trying to make a point, but so am I) and see if you get the majority on your side. If that happens, the rule will vanish. Yes, it really is THAT SIMPLE.

You just keep going because you feel attacked and want to get the last word in, amirite?

I dont feel attacked by you at all. I am trying to make you understand. And I "keep going on" because you dont stop. If it bothers you, stop to reply to me :)

Duskygrin
11-11-2006, 03:29 PM
Somebody said "bullshit" earlier on as to one of my comments. I need only reply that although moderators are allowed to do everything, users are not allowed to do much, are they? So, perhaps I may be allowed to dump a convo into a new thread, but perhaps not. However, this would, of COURSE, be allowed in ALL cases for His Majesty the Moderator, by virtue of Article 34 paragraph n°6 of the BBS Code of Conduct.

I would suggest that the whole question of conversations in the photo album be mooted once more (I don't recall it ever being mooted before, however I take Per's word for it), & a clear line between comments & conversations be drawn; additionally, it wouldn't be amiss if the "amirite secks lolz kthx bye" comments would be suppressed as well. It's not like they're adding much to the prestige of the photo album.

0r4ng3
11-11-2006, 03:31 PM
Has anyone else realized that every single "Re: Photo Album" thread recently has become a bitchfest about rules?

I mean, shit, all the other forums I've visited have it more strict. Like, every single post in the photo album thread has to have one, and only one, photo.

JohnnyNemesis
11-11-2006, 03:32 PM
I'm not going to get too deep into this except to say that jumping on Apathy like that was uncalled for. He respected the rules while voicing his honest opinion on them, which is what we always ask others to do...

Rag Doll
11-11-2006, 03:32 PM
It's been stated numerous times for users to simply start a new thread if they wish to discuss something in the photo album.

Duskygrin
11-11-2006, 03:33 PM
I wouldn't mind if it were stricter. If neither conversations nor comments were allowed. That way, no interpretation contest would occur. But as it is, I fear it is either too lax or too strict, & not nearly precise enough.

wheelchairman
11-11-2006, 03:34 PM
Well comments are nice.

However I agree, I've always thought it downright sleazy when people replied with a "I'd hit it." I mean, ugh.

Apathy
11-11-2006, 03:36 PM

Ahem. These two posts aren't relavent to each other.
I was saying I didn't care if you/llamas couldn't pick up on sarcasm or not. Presently, I am talking about the rule regarding the photo album. Which, I do in fact care about. Got it?

Do it if you ever feel the desire (I'm aware you're trying to make a point, but so am I) and see if you get the majority on your side. If that happens, the rule will vanish. Yes, it really is THAT SIMPLE.

Um, duh? I already know I am in the minority here.

I dont feel attacked by you at all. I am trying to make you understand. And I "keep going on" because you dont stop. If it bothers you, stop to reply to me
First you say you're doing it because you want me to understand. This point doesn't make any sense, because I do understand, and I already told you that. So that's complete bullshit.
Next you say you're going on because I don't stop. Which, proves my point. You just want to get the last word in, because it'll make you feel like you won the argument.
And I don't mind this, because so do I.

and ha, I'm not the only one who thought it was a bitchfest.

Has anyone else realized that every single "Re: Photo Album" thread recently has become a bitchfest about rules?

Nina
11-11-2006, 03:37 PM
I'm not going to get too deep into this except to say that jumping on Apathy like that was uncalled for.

Honestly Rick, you're completely wrong here. I dont see anyone jumping on him. People have been bashed over a lot stupider things and nobody here even bashed the guy. When he keeps talking, we keep talking to. What's wrong with that?

mrconeman
11-11-2006, 03:38 PM
I think the photo album thread functions pretty well as it is.
I mean, the same people posting pictures that look the same alot annoys me a little, but not that much really, and besides with few (not few, but you get me) regular posters and fewer regular photo album posters theres not much that can be done, understandably people here like to see pictures of the people they are friendly with and theres only a certain amount of pictures one person can take before it seems similar, I mean, how many photo album pages are there now...in both threads I might add.

It's understandable about the conversation rule too, I find no problem in it, you can comment on the persons picture, but when things get off topic and out of hand you make a thread for it, the photo album stays un-spammed and users get to have their disscussions wheres the problem? I've been to boards where photo album spam is deleted without question or discussion (I get the impression mods here talk about what to filter out, and I appreciate it).

Overall I'd like to add, and this is at no one in particular, people should stop whining about rules that - to my own understanding - work pretty damn well in contrast to other forums.

Apathy
11-11-2006, 03:39 PM
"We" keep talking?
All I see is you and me babe.

What I find funny about this thread is that there's two different arguments happening at the same time. It's almost too much.

Duskygrin
11-11-2006, 03:40 PM
Perhaps I would better understand these so-called "photo alb rules" if they were fairly, strictly enforced. A simple question may lead to a simple answer, this process engendering conversations. So, comments, questions, when to know when to open a thread...

Nina
11-11-2006, 03:41 PM
Ahem. These two posts aren't relavent to each other.
I was saying I didn't care if you/llamas couldn't pick up on sarcasm or not. Presently, I am talking about the rule regarding the photo album. Which, I do in fact care about. Got it?

You're seriously an idiot. I commented on the "you dont care" after you said in the post which i quoted that you dont care. you're the one who misunderstood and this is really fucking stupid.

I usually drop arguments but I just dont get why nobody sees this?

Um, duh? I already know I am in the minority here.

Um, duh? I tried to make a point. A point which you claim to understand but obviously still dont.

First you say you're doing it because you want me to understand. This point doesn't make any sense, because I do understand, and I already told you that. So that's complete bullshit.

see above.

Next you say you're going on because I don't stop. Which, proves my point. You just want to get the last word in, because it'll make you feel like you won the argument.

see above.

Llamas
11-11-2006, 03:43 PM
I usually drop arguments but I just dont get why nobody sees this?

I see it, and I think others do. But isn't apathy like 10 years old? I don't feel like he's worth arguing with.

Nina
11-11-2006, 03:45 PM
I see it, and I think others do. But isn't apathy like 10 years old? I don't feel like he's worth arguing with.

Obviously Rick doesnt, and I care about him. Not so much about others.
Edit: And you're completely right, it's not worth it and he made bullshit statements before which means this isnt an exception. I'll drop it.

Let's all ignore Maria.

Linda
11-11-2006, 03:46 PM
Perhaps ONLY pictures should be posted in Photo Album and any comments be made in PM. That would solve the convo problem.

Lodat225
You like my sword?

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/4930/orionoe0.jpg

Rag Doll
Perhaps I would better understand these so-called "photo alb rules" if they were fairly, strictly enforced. A simple question may lead to a simple answer, this process engendering conversations. So, comments, questions, when to know when to open a thread...

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20806

and it is fairly, strictly enforced, in my opinion.

Llamas
Obviously Rick doesnt, and I care about him. Not so much about others.
True, I forgot about him. :(

Let's all ignore Maria.
Way ahead of you...

Nina
11-11-2006, 03:48 PM
True, I forgot about him. :(

GASP but you'd never "forget" him intentionally, right, RIGHT?

Llamas
11-11-2006, 03:49 PM
GASP but you'd never "forget" him intentionally, right, RIGHT?

it was only because he wasn't asking me for sex at the time, or to read his short storiez. :( I'd never do it on purpose!

Lodat225
11-11-2006, 03:50 PM
Ace, man .

Ace, woman .

the_GoDdEsS
11-11-2006, 03:53 PM

Yes, bitchfests about lots of things, not just the rules. This is worse than a battle of five year olds in the sand. Seems like half of the board is menstrual these days.

DeAtHsTaR
11-11-2006, 04:05 PM
Jesus Christ, me posting about a sword I got at a yard sale started all this.

Apathy
11-11-2006, 04:06 PM
Then I obvioulsy have no idea what the point you're trying to make is. Let me do a quick recap of everything that's relavent, you tell me where I falter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. I call the rules ridiculous. I state my reasons why, then I state "Still, they are the rules, pointing that I understand that they should be followed.

2. you state that the rules aren't really that ridiculous and that there aren't really many rules to follow anyway.

3. I make a meaningless (read:unfunny) joke about spamming/trolling.

4. Llamas doesn't really pick up on the joke and says I'm thick, basically.

5. I tell llamas that it was a joke. At this point, I also say that I understand and respect the rules, I just don't necessarily like them.

6. You say you also didn't pick up on the joke.

7. Rag Doll basically tells me that the rule is staying in place.

8. I reinforce the fact that I understand the rules and have no problem with the photo album the way it is.

9. llamas tells me my joke was bad. Which, it undeniably was.

10. I tell llamas and you that you both didn't understand my joke, and it really doesn't matter at all that you didn't.

11. Rag Doll tells me that the reason it's a rule is because there are many complaints about discussions in the photo album

12. I tell her that I didn't realize that, and that I now realize why that they should be deleted. I also state that it's my personal opinion that they shouldn't be, but I know why they are, and I will follow them. I use the example that since mindless blather isn't deleted in other topics, it shouldn't be deleted in the Photo album.

13. You say basically the same thing Rag Doll said, but sounding somewhat less intelligent. You also tell me that since I don't care I shouldn't even be responding. In addition to this, you say that no one complains about off-topic discussion in other threads, so they shouldn't be deleted.

14. I tell you that I do care, and that I never said I didn't care. I also say that anyone could be bothered by off-topic conversation in other threads, and just not report it.
In the same post I say that I find it strange that everyone is fine with off-topic posts in other threads, but not the photo album. I go on to say that I understand that it is a rule, I abide by the rule, and I understand that it will not be changed as long as most people see things differently from me.

15. You say this - "Do it if you ever feel the desire (I'm aware you're trying to make a point, but so am I) and see if you get the majority on your side. If that happens, the rule will vanish. Yes, it really is THAT SIMPLE."
Which I assume means that if you want the rule to change, get people on your side. But I could be mistaken, as the wording is somewhat confusing to me.

16. I respond by saying, "duh, I already know I'm in the minority" By this I mean, I know The rules isn't going to change because not enough people are on my side. And I'm fine with that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now then. Here's my side condensed.

1. I don't agree with the rule
2. However, I understand why the rule exists.
3. I also understand that the rule will not change any time soon
4. Furthermore, I will abide by the rule, even though I don't neccesarily like it.

I will also have you know that I'm saddened you think I'm an idiot now, as I agree with you on most other points. (See, 'funny or tasteless' thread.)

DeAtHsTaR
11-11-2006, 04:07 PM
You like my sword?

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/4930/orionoe0.jpg

Nice, but because of the backdrop, I don't believe it's yours.

Rag Doll
11-11-2006, 04:09 PM
Nice, but because of the backdrop*, I don't believe it's yours.

*your username.

Apathy
11-11-2006, 04:09 PM

I apologize for the double post, but this is yet another example of the fact that you can't pick up sarcasm at all.

She's getting this from this thread: http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26621&page=4

which contains these two posts:

Well at least I'm no 10 year old boy fucking clown

haha, you should be embarrassed.

After all, I'm ten years old and I have better grammar, and a general understanding of what makes people* seem** like a total douchebag.

*you
**be

In short, no one cares how punx you claim to be. Go Die in a corner somewhere, skankcake.

Which, was sarcasm. I turn sixteen in March.

Edit: I guess it isn't a double post anymore. .

Lodat225
11-11-2006, 04:10 PM
Nice, but because of the backdrop, I don't believe it's yours.

Of course it isn't mine, idiot.

Jebus
11-11-2006, 04:12 PM
http://www.freewebs.com/richardmonkeys/yugiohfriends.htm

Lodat225
11-11-2006, 04:13 PM
http://www.freewebs.com/richardmonkeys/yugiohfriends.htm

Wow... that was a long time ago.

DeAtHsTaR
11-11-2006, 04:14 PM
Of course it isn't mine, idiot.

You're gay.

Linda
11-11-2006, 04:15 PM
Perhaps ONLY pictures should be posted in Photo Album and any comments be made in PM. That would solve the convo problem.

Lodat225
11-11-2006, 04:15 PM
You're gay.

I'm homosexual?

Apathy
11-11-2006, 04:17 PM
I'd also like to point out that even though Duskygrin seems to be on my side regarding the rules, I still think she's slightly stupid.

Edit: And you're completely right, it's not worth it and he made bullshit statements before which means this isnt an exception. I'll drop it.

I don't know what bullshit statements I've made in the past, since I've only actually gotten into one or two arguments on this board. One of them I was on your side - http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26544&highlight=tastless

And the other wasn't so much of an argument as it was a misunderstanding -
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26596&page=7

I mean, hell, you used to be one of my favorite posters. I found myself agreeing with almost everything you said previous to this thread. I really do hope that you read this, because I feel you overreacted somewhat.

Linda
11-11-2006, 04:18 PM
No answer. How telling.

'cos they know I'm right?

DeAtHsTaR
11-11-2006, 04:20 PM
I'm homosexual.
Yeah, there's nothign wrong with it, fag.

Llamas
11-11-2006, 04:20 PM
I apologize for the double post, but this is yet another example of the fact that you can't pick up sarcasm at all.

She's getting this from this thread: http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26621&page=4

which contains these two posts:

Which, was sarcasm. I turn sixteen in March.

Edit: I guess it isn't a double post anymore. .

You're just really bad at using sarcasm. When the one dude called you 10, I thought he was kidding. Then you said "I'm ten years old and I have better grammar than you". You need to learn to use sarcasm.

Rag Doll
11-11-2006, 04:21 PM
Most people probably wouldn't take the trouble to PM. Or that rule would be even MORE ignored than the current rule.

We did what we thought was best. We can and will look into other suggestions though. =)

Nina
11-11-2006, 04:21 PM
I meant the pro-death statement. I really dont know you but from that point on it kinda ruined it for me.
I think I overreact because people here dont take me very seriously. The only one who actually reads my posts seems to be ilovellamas, and oh, look! we sometimes agree and when we dont we're kewl about it. I didnt have the feeling you actually read what I wrote, but rather kinda read over it,.
I still stand behind what I said last, but I'll definitely drop the argument, which is why I dont reply to your post. Thought you should know that.

And I wanted to clear something up..I find it unfair that you compare my explenation to the expenation of Rag Doll, a *native* speaker. I dunno if you know that but English is my third language. Having to hear every so often that I sound "stupid" or "more stupid" is kinda hurtful considering the fact that I try to speak a language which I didnt grow up with fluently. Calling me bitchy is something (you didnt, just saying), but picking on my language skills is .. bad.

Apathy
11-11-2006, 04:22 PM
You're just really bad at using sarcasm. When the one dude called you 10, I thought he was kidding. Then you said "I'm ten years old and I have better grammar than you". You need to learn to use sarcasm.

Or you need to learn to recognize it.

Lodat225
11-11-2006, 04:22 PM
Yeah, there's nothign wrong with it, fag.

There isn't? Damn....

Jebus
11-11-2006, 04:24 PM
I admit I didn't quite catch his sarcasm in this this particular thread, but I though the post about him saying he was 10 was clearly sarcastic. =\

Lodat225
11-11-2006, 04:27 PM
deathstar... that makes me think of "the brave do no simply accept their mortality, they're enamoured with it"

be my deathstar

NO !

Apathy
11-11-2006, 04:29 PM
I meant the pro-death statement. I really dont know you but from that point on it kinda ruined it for me.
I think I overreact because people here dont take me very seriously. The only one who actually reads my posts seems to be ilovellamas, and oh, look! we sometimes agree and when we dont we're kewl about it. I didnt have the feeling you actually read what I wrote, but rather kinda read over it,.
I still stand behind what I said last, but I'll definitely drop the argument, which is why I dont reply to your post. Thought you should know that.

Ahh, I hadn't read that thread until just now, and hadn't seen your reply.
I suppose it was a bit out of context, but the 'Pro-death' line is in fact a joke done by a local comedian who I've seen before.
I also want to make it clear that I always read your posts. I'm not quick enough to come up with this many replies without having something to base it on.

And I wanted to clear something up..I find it unfair that you compare my explenation to the expenation of Rag Doll, a *native* speaker. I dunno if you know that but English is my third language. Having to hear every so often that I sound "stupid" or "more stupid" is kinda hurtful considering the fact that I try to speak a language which I didnt grow up with fluently. Calling me bitchy is something (you didnt, just saying), picking on my language skills is something else.
I did not know that. In retrospect, it was quite mean to say, but it mostly spawned from the fact that called me an idiot.
Which I obviously would take offense to.

It's clear both of us don't really understand what the other person is trying to say. Either that, or we both think we do.
I'm just going to put this all behind me, fair?

Llamas
11-11-2006, 04:31 PM
The only one who actually reads my posts seems to be ilovellamas,
I'm not the only person who reads your posts. A lot of people do. It's mostly stupid people who don't, and they don't read most people's posts.

EDIT: shut up you're so good at english. I wish I spoke german well. :(

Or you need to learn to recognize it.
I give and take sarcasm very easily. You're the only person whose sarcasm is not easily detected. I'm also not the only person who doesn't catch your sarcasm. That points to a problem in the issuer, not in the reader.

I admit I didn't quite catch his sarcasm in this this particular thread, but I though the post about him saying he was 10 was clearly sarcastic. =\
I didn't really read it close... the argument was lame so I skimmed. Maybe it was clearer than his other shitty sarcasm... but in general, he's bad at it.

Linda
11-11-2006, 04:32 PM
Most people probably wouldn't take the trouble to PM. Or that rule would be even MORE ignored than the current rule.

We did what we thought was best. We can and will look into other suggestions though. =)

It would work just fine if just certain people here were not always favored over the rest. Any comments made could simply be deleted.
Make me understand why "amirite secks lolz" in that thread is more important than a normal conversation.

Rag Doll
11-11-2006, 04:36 PM
I don't see favoritism in that thread, I have to say. I have seen posts from ilovellamas, Ricky, nieh, ninthlayer, and MANY others deleted.

And the "lolz secks" comments are just that. COMMENTS. Not full fledged conversations. People make one and move on. It doesn't continue. And if it does, it's deleted. Conversations can simply have a new thread.

Jebus
11-11-2006, 04:37 PM
mmed. Maybe it was clearer than his other shitty sarcasm... but in general, he's bad at it.
Can you name any other examples other than those two? Apathy isn't really a person who's sarcastic quite often so I don't know how you could say he's bad in general.

I'm also not the only person who doesn't catch your sarcasm. That points to a problem in the issuer, not in the reader.
Well, too be fair, Nina is generally bad at catching sarcasm.

Nina
11-11-2006, 04:38 PM
I'm not the only person who reads your posts. A lot of people do. It's mostly stupid people who don't, and they don't read most people's posts.

hmmmmmm :/ I can say something quite insightful and will get no response, especially from the people i adressed it to, while a person who posted 10 posts after me will say the same thing and get replies. that's basically the definition of getting ignored, haha. I had no idea i'd ever have the ability to create this ON THE NET, where people dont have real voices and my quiet voice doesnt lose every possible battle, but after being on this bbs for 6 years and a little more, i sadly have to admit this.

Apathy, sorry I called you an idiot. I guess I just lost my patience in this late hour. That's not an excuse, rather an explenation. I apologize again.

Oh but I forgot. You shouldnt expect people to know what a random American comedian said about abortions ;/ I know I would have never known, hadnt you pointed it out now.

Apathy
11-11-2006, 04:38 PM
I give and take sarcasm very easily. You're the only person whose sarcasm is not easily detected. I'm also not the only person who doesn't catch your sarcasm. That points to a problem in the issuer, not in the reader.

I didn't really read it close... the argument was lame so I skimmed. Maybe it was clearer than his other shitty sarcasm... but in general, he's bad at it.

Oh no.
Oh hell no.

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=917497&postcount=24
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=917501&postcount=26

Even others can see it.
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=917573&postcount=30

Now listen. I generally like you. I agree with you most of the time. You're helpful, not dull, and in most respects can usually contribute to threads.
But you can not blame all of this on me. Maybe I'm not the best at using sarcasm. But you aren't so hot at picking up on it babe, so it's not all my fault.

I apologize again.
Same.

Nina
11-11-2006, 04:39 PM
Well, too be fair, Nina is generally bad at catching sarcasm.

*sigh* you said that once and I replied to you but I never ever got a reply back. It made me sad.

Lodat225
11-11-2006, 04:39 PM
what cha mean, no?

I DON'T WANT TO BE YOUR DEATHSTAR!

JohnnyNemesis
11-11-2006, 04:40 PM
Funny you should name those. Are you suggesting they might be your special buddies? And that on NO account would you dream to ever be so HUMAN as to reserve special treatment for those darlings?

Welcome to Robomod.

You're really fucking stupid sometimes.

No offense.

Linda
11-11-2006, 04:41 PM
I'm sure if you read thru that whole topic, you would find full fledged convos filled with "sects lol" comments. Why are those OK and others aren't? At least the others are more intelligent than the "sects lol" ones.

Rag Doll
11-11-2006, 04:41 PM
Funny you should name those. Are you suggesting they might be your special buddies? And that on NO account would you dream to ever be so HUMAN as to reserve special treatment for those darlings?

Welcome to Robomod.

what the hell?

i have the huge urge to make my usertitle "robomod" now. thanks!

Linda...actually, just read Ricky's reply.

Llamas
11-11-2006, 04:42 PM
In all honesty, I like the rules how they are. I don't think comments should be banned altogether... part of the fun of the photo thread is people's reactions to things. There's not a clear line as to what's permitted and what's not, but I definitely agree with deleting posts when it gets out of hand. There shouldn't be an entire page full of conversation about a photo. I think the rules are good, and that they're not worth bitching about. My posts were deleted the other day, and it took me a minute, but I realized why. I was okay with that. If I really wanted to carry on a conversation about whatever it was, I could've made a new thread or PMed ninth. It just wasn't important enough to be worth it, though.

JohnnyNemesis
11-11-2006, 04:42 PM

No offense.

Before I continue, I wanna apologize for this comment. I shouldn't have said it. I'm not gonna be a pussy and delete it, though. I'll just apologize for it and move on, and urge you to look over your post and realize that not all of it made sense

I'm sure if you read thru that whole topic, you would find full fledged convos filled with "sects lol" comments. Why are those OK and others aren't? At least the others are more intelligent than the "sects lol" ones.

The issue is traffic and how long the conversations go, not the quality of the comments.

Apathy
11-11-2006, 04:43 PM

No offense.

haha, just plain awesome. You sound like the irritable British guy on American Idol.

"Don't mean to be rude, but you suck"
"No offense, but that was the most pathetic thing I've ever heard"

Something along those lines.

Edit: boo, you took it back. I suppose it was a bit harsh... but still.

Lodat225
11-11-2006, 04:44 PM
first I wasn't speaking to you, since I wasn't speaking to anyone in particular.

second, I don't want you to be my deathstar either so we're settled.

I know. I was messing around.

JohnnyNemesis
11-11-2006, 04:45 PM
haha, just plain awesome. You sound like the irritable British guy on American Idol.

Edit: boo, you took it back. I suppose it was a bit harsh... but still.

Haha, I know. It was one of my moments of awesomeness, but it was harsh and I shouldn't have said it.

Apathy
& you suddenly sound like a try-hard
You sound like a bimbo, but it's more of an ongoing thing.

DeAtHsTaR

My friend Erik's sister was in the top 10 on American Idol in the third season and Simon called her manly, "no offense".

Of course, he has his reasons. (http://www.afterellen.com/People/briana.html) Lol they didn't know she was a lesbian. Her gf is hot.

Lodat225
11-11-2006, 04:46 PM
I was, too. Kinda.

I DON'T CARE!

JohnnyNemesis
11-11-2006, 04:48 PM
In what way was it harsh? Rest assured it wasn't to me.

...*sigh*

You have sex for money.

Nina
11-11-2006, 04:49 PM
to the point of filling pages with "amirite secks lolz".

I'm deeply sorry I didn't make use of "amirite secks lolz" in my posts, that way they may have passed for random comments & not deliberate attempt at conversing (SHAME on me).

I need only reply that although moderators are allowed to do everything, users are not allowed to do much, are they? So, perhaps I may be allowed to dump a convo into a new thread, but perhaps not. However, this would, of COURSE, be allowed in ALL cases for His Majesty the Moderator, by virtue of Article 34 paragraph n°6 of the BBS Code of Conduct.

[....]it wouldn't be amiss if the "amirite secks lolz kthx bye" comments would be suppressed as well.

exactly what I mean! the "amirite secks" fill pages. And they're just spam to me, so they shouldn't be allowed in the first place

..will you ever, eventually, get over it? My head hurts from reading the same line and "example" over and over again.

Llamas
11-11-2006, 04:51 PM
Can you name any other examples other than those two? Apathy isn't really a person who's sarcastic quite often so I don't know how you could say he's bad in general.

well, his joke about being pro-death is one. I don't remember others right now. Nina addressed it:

Oh but I forgot. You shouldnt expect people to know what a random American comedian said about abortions ;/ I know I would have never known, hadnt you pointed it out now.

hmmmmmm :/ I can say something quite insightful and will get no response, especially from the people i adressed it to, while a person who posted 10 posts after me will say the same thing and get replies. that's basically the definition of getting ignored, haha. I had no idea i'd ever have the ability to create this ON THE NET, where people dont have real voices and my quiet voice doesnt lose every possible battle, but after being on this bbs for 6 years and a little more, i sadly have to admit this.
:-/ I guess I never noticed this... I honestly read your posts from when I started coming here... I thought you were a total bitch for a while, haha. Your posts are some of my favorite to read. Maybe it's because your posts tend to be less obnoxious than many people's. I don't know, but that's lame.

Welcome to Robomod.

What? That's so stupid. She was pointing out how stupid it is to think there is special treatment when she clearly deletes EVERYONE'S posts if they're off-topic.

Oh no.
Oh hell no.

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=917497&postcount=24
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=917501&postcount=26

Even others can see it.
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=917573&postcount=30

Now listen. I generally like you. I agree with you most of the time. You're helpful, not dull, and in most respects can usually contribute to threads.
But you can not blame all of this on me. Maybe I'm not the best at using sarcasm. But you aren't so hot at picking up on it babe, so it's not all my fault.

What you quoted there was not me responding to sarcasm... it was me not reading a word as seperate items. I also ADMITTED that I misread that at the time, and I'm always willing to admit when I made a stupid mistake. This is completely different. I'm not blaming anything on you, either. But anyway, moving on.

i have the huge urge to make my usertitle "robomod" now. thanks!
I'm jealous. :(

Rag Doll
11-11-2006, 04:53 PM
I'm jealous. :(

read it and weep, bay-bee ;p

Nina
11-11-2006, 04:53 PM
I thought you were ignoring me.

It was a sincere question. Because I cant believe you dont think we get it. You mention it in every post, it's hard to ignore.

Nina
11-11-2006, 04:57 PM
Oh, Maria.

...*sigh*

You have sex for money.

Linda
11-11-2006, 04:58 PM
..will you ever, eventually, get over it? My head hurts from reading the same line and "example" over and over again.

So take a pain killer and stop reading them.

Lodat225
11-11-2006, 04:58 PM
God, people just:

Add Duskygrin to Your Ignore List

Apathy
11-11-2006, 05:00 PM
well, his joke about being pro-death is one. I don't remember others right now. Nina addressed it:
"Oh but I forgot. You shouldnt expect people to know what a random American comedian said about abortions ;/ I know I would have never known, hadnt you pointed it out now."

I hadn't expected to recognize who said it. I had expected most people to recognize it as a joke, and I think for the most part, they did.

What you quoted there was not me responding to sarcasm... it was me not reading a word as seperate items.

Not just referring to sarcasm, That was an example how you're slower in getting most jokes.

I also ADMITTED that I misread that at the time, and I'm always willing to admit when I made a stupid mistake. This is completely different.
I do not see how. You said something that was not very bright because you didn't get a joke. The joke might have been crappy, but so was 78 Water's, and it didn't stop you then. You just don't want to admit you're wrong here because you're a little pissed that I called you slow before. By the way, that wasn't meant to call you dumb or anything, it literally means...slow. In the essence that you don't always get things right away. And you don't.

I'm not blaming anything on you, either.
I suppose blame was the wrong word.
You assumed that you didn't get my joke just because it wasn't funny and I'm not good at sarcasm.
In reality, this is only about 50% true, and part of the..."blame" should be placed on the fact that you're not the best with jokes.

DeAtHsTaR
God, people just:

Add Duskygrin to Your Ignore List
Go away .

Jebus
*sigh* you said that once and I replied to you but I never ever got a reply back. It made me sad.
I didn't respond because at the time, I thought you were just being sarcastic and were just basically admitting it.

Nina, has anyone ever told you that you have an extremely bad sarcasm detector?

And you figured that out by this one post?
Now that I think about it, you were genuinely asking me if that was the only post I saw that you didn't get sarcasm. I guess my sarcasm detector is set too high. =p

To answer you question, there were a few of your posts that made go "wtf, how did you not get that?" I can't quite remember in which threads it happened I think I could dig them up in a few minutes.

HornyPope
She's a sad, insane whore.
She was warned via PM and in public concerning the no conversations rule, she had her posts deleted constantly as a result of breaking that rule, she knew what she was doing. She's either craving attention or trying to fight a pathetic, losing battle against certain members.

Llamas
11-11-2006, 05:08 PM
I hadn't expected to recognize who said it. I had expected most people to recognize it as a joke, and I think for the most part, they did.
the only people who responded to it were nina and I... you can't assume that people got it with only two responses.

Not just referring to sarcasm, That was an example how you're slower in getting most jokes.
that was a bad example, then.

I do not see how. You said something that was not very bright because you didn't get a joke.
I said, "oh yeah I got it. whoops. I actually looked it up on a dictionary... I'm smart." That clearly is me admitting that I didn't get it and it was my mistake. As in, "Oh, yeah, I get it now. Whoops. I was so stupid that I looked it up in a dictionary. That was pretty dumb."

The joke might have been crappy, but so was 78 Water's, and it didn't stop you then.
What? 78 water's joke wasn't funny, so I told him it was lame. Then you made a joke and I didn't catch on. What didn't it stop me from?

You just don't want to admit you're wrong here because you're a little pissed that I called you slow before. By the way, that wasn't meant to call you dumb or anything, it literally means...slow. In the essence that you don't always get things right away. And you don't.
I don't care if you think I'm "slow" or whatever. I really, really don't. I've admitted before that I have my blonde moments, and there are a few people here who agree with that. Not getting jokes and not getting sarcasm are different, though. The vaperin was clearly a mistake on my part. Your sarcasm is just straight up not funny, though, and very, very hard for people to pick up on. When people comment on your supposedly sarcastic comments, it's because they don't get it... not because they think it's funny. Never mind, this isn't worth it.

sKratch
11-11-2006, 05:18 PM
I didn't know I was allowed to post a thread about Dain's sword. For all I know, it might well have gone against another rule that I wasn't aware about in the first place.

As for rules. I understand that you may want to keep the board as PG-13 as possible, that you may want to steer clear of any controversial topic, ... but this is precisely not the case. Free speech is the rule. However, there happens to be a rule about "conversations" in the photo album. I understand that the photo alb looks more like a photo album if filled only with photos. But this is precisely not the cas, because, although "full-fledged" conversations are banned, "comments" are not... to the point of filling pages with "amirite secks lolz".

I'm deeply sorry I didn't make use of "amirite secks lolz" in my posts, that way they may have passed for random comments & not deliberate attempt at conversing (SHAME on me).

Thanks to that intelligent rule, hundreds of conversations à propos the photo album may be opened as new threads, & users will be like: "what they talking about?' "oh to understand that, you'll have to go to photo album, page X). Navigating between threads isn't the kick, I might add.

As for blurring the line between comments & conversation, I will not even mention it.

Aaah, it was so simple when you could simply post photos & discuss... but no, simplicity had to be turned into complexity.
Nope, nothing complicated at all. You're just making it complicated, and I think you really want to for some reason.
As for your first little paragraph? Are you trying to say that this forum is heavily moderated? Because holy fuck you're so far from right there. We barely do anything except keep Photo Album the way the community agreed it should be and delete spam / trolls. So fuck off with that "oh well I didn't want to break ANOTHER rule" horse shit.
I really don't think we're going to suffer from crowds of confused posters who wander in RE: Photo Album threads. Usually the topic would be a conversation between a few people who already know what's going on, so they could easily continue replying in the new thread. I'm not even sure why I'm explaining all this so much. The bottom line is, what we're doing really isn't a big deal. Chill out.

JohnnyNemesis
11-11-2006, 05:22 PM
I'm with sKratch on everything he just said. Fuck, I've been on some boards that actally actively enforce he "no flaming" rule. Bah, just read sKratch's post and stfu.

Apathy
11-11-2006, 05:26 PM
the only people who responded to it were nina and I... you can't assume that people got it with only two responses.
I know how you two responded. Heck, you even picked up on it. " think/hope he was kidding... "
It's all the others that I'm assuming on, that's why it's an assumption.

that was a bad example, then.
It was the one that happened most recently.

I said, "oh yeah I got it. whoops. I actually looked it up on a dictionary... I'm smart." That clearly is me admitting that I didn't get it and it was my mistake. As in, "Oh, yeah, I get it now. Whoops. I was so stupid that I looked it up in a dictionary. That was pretty dumb."
I know you admitted it in regards to 78 water. What I couldn't understand was why you could admit you were wrong then, but not in this case.

What? 78 water's joke wasn't funny, so I told him it was lame. Then you made a joke and I didn't catch on. What didn't it stop me from?From admitting that you didn't catch on. But you just did. Great Job.

I don't care if you think I'm "slow" or whatever. I really, really don't. I've admitted before that I have my blonde moments, and there are a few people here who agree with that. Not getting jokes and not getting sarcasm are different, though.
I disagree. Let me make something clear. I don't think you're dumb. I don't think you're ignorant. I don't think you're an idiot. I just think you have a lot of brainfarts and tend to not pick up on things right away. That's the way I was using the word slow.

Your sarcasm is just straight up not funny, though, and very, very hard for people to pick up on. When people comment on your supposedly sarcastic comments, it's because they don't get it... not because they think it's funny. Never mind, this isn't worth it.

I can use the same defense you did. Only you and nina replied, how can you be sure that my sarcasm is hard to pick up on?
Oh, and supposedly sarcastic? I know they were sarcastic. You know they were sarcastic. It doesn't matter if you didn't get it.
If you don't understand something, either ask what the person means, or don't respond.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You know, I've been on this forum for a little over a year and a half If I remember correctly. And it's only recently that I've started to get into arguments with me. I haven't changed my beliefs, if anything I got smarter since I first registered. So what's going on?

Suddenly everyone who thinks differently about something than me feels the need to argue with me about it. Don't get me wrong - I definitely argue back, but this whole thing is new to me.

I think people just must be paying more attention to me now than before, god knows why.

Paint_It_Black
11-11-2006, 08:15 PM
Why the fuckity fuck fuck is this 15 pages long? Have you all suddenly lost your minds?

WebDudette
11-11-2006, 08:16 PM
Why the fuckity fuck fuck is this 15 pages long? Have you all suddenly lost your minds?

I was considering asking the same thing. I mean wtf... I didn't take the time to read it all but I really, really hope the whole thing isn't about dain's sword.

Paint_It_Black
11-11-2006, 08:30 PM
I would actually be happier if it was all about his stupid sword, funnily enough.

Apathy
11-11-2006, 08:42 PM
The whole thing was kind of silly.

Half of thread is Duskygrin arguing with the moderators
The other half is Myself arguing with llamas and at one point, nina.

JoY
11-12-2006, 03:28 AM
Half of thread is Duskygrin arguing with the moderators

moderators, not THE moderators. half of the crew hasn't even been here.

Little_Miss_1565
11-12-2006, 06:56 AM
Maria, you have far far too much time on your hands. Don't you have a job?

Lodat225
11-12-2006, 07:51 AM
Deathstar, I was thinking. Don't get mad at me, please, so far we have been civil to each other even though I teased you at first, it gives added value & a real-life flavour to the conversation.

So yes, why don't you simply ask the man how he came by his merchandise, supposing you have the opportunity to see him again? I do not know how often the yard sale takes place, so I was just wondering... If you do see him, kindly ask him, with a smile (not an offending smile, just a polite smile) how he acquired his things. Pay attention to the manner in which he'll reply as much as to what he'll say. If he fumbles, scratches his nose, grimaces, & mumbles a quasi-inaudible answer, the whole business is fishy. But if he's straightforward about it, which is more plausible anyway, then you may dismiss the matter from your mind... or can you? After all, he may have been rehearsing his story beforehand. You really must pay attention to what he tells you. His straightforwardness may simply spring from the fact that he doesn't know better (in the supposition that his son left him, WITHOUT explicitly relinquishing ownership of his sword). He'll think his son being gone, the stuff now rightfully belongs to him, while this is not the case.

There's also the possibility that he'll snap back at you, telling you to "mind your own business, sonny". Well... sorry for the inconvenience you'll have incurred because of me, but I'm certain you'll see that you were right to ask him in the first place. This is more than fishy, this is rotten, now.

To be sure, the odds are that there's no question as to the old man's honesty, & that all the stuff is now HIS by legal right (de jure & no de facto: it's de facto if the son leaves without saying he waives his ownership, but it's de jure if he says to his father he doesn't want his stuff anymore... well it's better if he writes & signs it, but yeah we won't go that far).

As a matter of fact, it's my belief that before you bought that sword, you SHOULD have asked where it came from. You should have made sure the sword belonged de jure to the old man. Now you're unsure, you possess a sword you might not even be the rightful owner of. This is borderline illegal.

There's also the possibility his son is dead. I don't think the son has left any testament (I think in English the term is "will") as to his sword. In that case, does the ownership of the sword pass to his father who may therefore be authorized to sell it to whomever? Or does it not? I don't know. I think the former assertion is correct, but is his father the next of kin? Was the son married? Did he have children? So many unknown variables that should be ascertained in order to determine the rightful owner of the sword. I'm sure you'll agree that if the son was married & had children... even supposin he's still alive... then the wife, the children should have a say in this, don't you think? However, the probability that the son is dead is lowish. Perhaps it would have given you an added thrill, to think you now possess a dead man's sword... It's a bit like "yohoho, & a dead man's chest". Yeah. But it still may not be entirely legal.

It may be that the story is a very simple, blunt one & there's no need to fret. I've no idea what it is, I'm just enumerating possibilities on the base of what you've told me, which is a flimsy base at best. I wish you just asked him how he came by his things, & told me. Is this feasible? Thanks in advance.

Why the fuck do you care what he does with his sword?

Lodat225
11-12-2006, 07:54 AM
Touche .

Lodat225
11-12-2006, 08:04 AM
With an accent it's even better: touché. Without an accent it's more like sb has a crush on you: "faire une touche" = "to make a touch" = sb's fancying you.

How Interesting, you must think.

I don't know how to make the accent.

JoY
11-12-2006, 08:25 AM
Alt+1,3,0.

JohnnyNemesis
11-12-2006, 08:43 AM
Maria, you have far far too much time on your hands. Don't you have a job?

You know very well what she does for a living.

Paint_It_Black
11-12-2006, 08:45 AM
She's French. She's probably on strike.

The Talking Pie
11-12-2006, 08:47 AM
Alt+1,3,0.

Or AltGR + e. That key usually puts accents on things.

Lodat225
11-12-2006, 08:48 AM
Alt+1,3,0.

Is that the way to do it?

Little_Miss_1565
11-12-2006, 08:50 AM
You know very well what she does for a living.

Then clearly, business is terrible.

JohnnyNemesis
11-12-2006, 08:52 AM
Then clearly, business is terrible.

If only Preocupado lived in France. That'd help!

killer_queen
11-12-2006, 08:53 AM
17 pages? This is stupid. You guys could have talked about me. Only me. I hate all of you. :mad: :( :mad:

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-12-2006, 08:53 AM
This thread amused me quite a lot.

However, the main thing that irritated me was this:

So take a pain killer and stop reading them.

*bangs fist on desk* too much.

How the fuck was that funny? Oh yeah, Linda posted it. Seriously, you and Linda's joined-at-the-hip, grouping together, us-against-the-world bullshit annoys the fuck out of me.

http://www.truecatholic.org/pix/crucifix.jpg

Calvary's thatta way.

the_GoDdEsS
11-12-2006, 08:55 AM
I did not even see anything amusing about this. The thread turned out to be utterly stupid.

HeadAroundU
11-12-2006, 09:07 AM
It makes me smile somehow. I must be ill or something.

on topic, I got a sword too. between my legs

Linda
11-12-2006, 10:00 AM
How the fuck was that funny?

It wasn't meant to be funny. It was meant as a serious suggestion.

*bangs fist on desk* too much. does not necessarily
suggest it was thought to be funny, but I am very happy that it irritated you.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-12-2006, 10:01 AM
That's what I meant. Dusky said it was funny, and it obviously wasn't meant to be.

And why else would she bang her fist and say "too much"?

JohnnyNemesis
11-12-2006, 10:41 AM
You're insane.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-12-2006, 11:25 AM
You're insane.

Seconded. Shush about conspiracies. When I ask you to explain something it's not so I can bash you. I could do that easily without bothering with the rigmarole. When I ask you to explain something it's because I want you to explain it.

JohnnyNemesis
11-12-2006, 11:29 AM
He's saying that you're fucking deluded and insane.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-12-2006, 11:29 AM
I was calling her a martyr, but shit yeah, that too.

JohnnyNemesis
11-12-2006, 11:31 AM
I'd call it an objective, unbiased appraisal of your behavior.

JohnnyNemesis
11-12-2006, 11:40 AM
The entire world is conspiring against you, you poor thing.

Linda
11-12-2006, 11:48 AM
That's what I meant. Dusky said it was funny, and it obviously wasn't meant to be.

And why else would she bang her fist and say "too much"?

I have no idea how you get that she said it was funny out of "*bangs fist on desk* too much". I really find it quite funny, tho, that Maria and I can annoy you so much! I think you and JN both really need to go out into real life and get fucked instead of just talking about it here, then maybe your dispositions would change for the better. Until then, you're an idiot, stop posting.

JohnnyNemesis
11-12-2006, 11:49 AM
I have no idea how you get that she said it was funny out of "*bangs fist on desk* too much". I really find it quite funny, tho, that Maria and I can annoy you so much! I think you and JN both really need to go out into real life and get fucked instead of just talking about it here, then maybe your dispositions would change for the better. Until then, you're an idiot, stop posting.

Linda
11-12-2006, 11:54 AM

Poor poor JN, can never come up with anything new.

And since TUNB's acne allegedly disppeared, why is he so bitchy with me?

Sexual frustration?

Linda
11-12-2006, 11:59 AM
I certainly wouldn't worry about it. You see, on this bbs, it's mainly
"monkey see, monkey do". If you know what I mean.

JohnnyNemesis
11-12-2006, 12:03 PM
Poor poor JN, can never come up with anything new.

Yeah, but I'm young, so I have the rest of my life to work on that. (lol)

Linda
11-12-2006, 12:04 PM
Yeah, but I'm young, so I have the rest of my life to work on that. (lol)

Now, see, that's where you could very well be wrong. You never know, JN, you never know.

JohnnyNemesis
11-12-2006, 12:05 PM
Don't fucking threaten to kill me like that. You're just crazy enough to do it.

And, actually, even if I died tomorrow, I'd still have the rest of my life to work on it. It would just be 'til tomorrow.

Linda
11-12-2006, 01:10 PM
Don't fucking threaten to kill me like that. You're just crazy enough to do it.

That statement proves just how stupid you are.

JohnnyNemesis
11-12-2006, 01:11 PM
I'm scared, stop it.

Llamas
11-12-2006, 01:19 PM
I certainly wouldn't worry about it. You see, on this bbs, it's mainly
"monkey see, monkey do". If you know what I mean.

I know, right? Cause every post in the photo album says "sects amirite? lol"

Linda
11-12-2006, 01:22 PM
And there's a monkey now! ^^^^^^^

Llamas
11-12-2006, 01:23 PM
I guess that makes you a monkey, as well.

Linda
11-12-2006, 01:25 PM
No, it doesn't.

Jebus
11-12-2006, 01:58 PM
Nice counter attack, Hitmonchan! Now finish her off with fire punch!

Linda
11-12-2006, 02:05 PM
That was not an attack.

coke_a_holic
11-12-2006, 02:05 PM
Nice counter attack, Hitmonchan! Now finish her off with fire punch!

Hitmonlee > Hitmonchan

:( Not really, I just accidentally picked the wrong one in my Blue version and was like "I'm going to make you amazing."

Jebus
11-12-2006, 02:18 PM
lawlz, hitmonlee was a sissy kicking fag

coke_a_holic
11-12-2006, 02:23 PM
Dude, his legs were like 6 feet long, he raped women to fund his cocaine addiction. Hardfuckingcore.

Llamas
11-12-2006, 03:36 PM
pokemon is da gayz.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-12-2006, 03:37 PM
I'm not acquainted with his private life. But he really hates my guts, that's for sure.

Oh puh-lease. Don't flatter yourself.

Linda, we used to say "get a life" and variations thereof when I was in primary school. Pathetic.

Jebus
11-12-2006, 03:45 PM
guyz u're ruinin' my POKEmon dred :mad: :mad: :mad:

Linda
11-12-2006, 04:55 PM
Linda, we used to say "get a life" and variations thereof when I was in primary school. Pathetic.

Then why haven't you?

Little_Miss_1565
11-12-2006, 07:51 PM
Then why haven't you?

Considering you don't even post anymore except when you think there's a conspiracy, the same question could be asked of you.

0r4ng3
11-12-2006, 07:57 PM
Considering you don't even post anymore except when you think there's a conspiracy, the same question could be asked of you.
Actually, I think it works the other way around. Out of nowhere, she starts posting normally for a while, then something like this always ends up happening.

Paint_It_Black
11-12-2006, 08:02 PM
Actually, I think it works the other way around. Out of nowhere, she starts posting normally for a while, then something like this always ends up happening.

I generally agree.

Little_Miss_1565
11-12-2006, 08:10 PM
Haha, what came first, the chicken or the egg? (Or, Linda posting and Linda posting freaking out about conspiracies)

Paint_It_Black
11-12-2006, 08:13 PM
Well, I think Jesse is saying she tends to disappear for a while, then when she comes back she acts normal for a random period of time before something like this occurs.

sKratch
11-12-2006, 08:23 PM
Um is it just me or does TUNB not really post much lately besides to flame Linda? Well, more precisely, I haven't seen him post anything until this here thread. Anyways, the whole thing is kind of lame.

JohnnyNemesis
11-12-2006, 08:34 PM
TUNB doesn't post much, but he comes back every now and then, and definitely not solely to flame Linda or anyone.

It's funny how he doesn't post regularly for SEVERAL months, but still holds the posts record. Holler!

Paint_It_Black
11-12-2006, 11:59 PM
I'm quite certain Dave just stops in from time to time, and if he ends up bashing Linda during that time it's purely coincidental.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-13-2006, 12:23 AM
It's true, I don't post much anymore. But I certainly don't just stop in to flame Linda.

killer_queen
11-13-2006, 12:19 PM
Hitmonlee > Hitmonchan
The only right thing that has been said in this thread. It was my fifth favourite. <3

Jebus and Brianna, fuck you.

Llamas
11-13-2006, 12:25 PM
Brianna, fuck you.
I though you'd never ask!!

JohnnyNemesis
11-13-2006, 12:26 PM
Yeah, she usually just takes it from you.

Llamas
11-13-2006, 12:28 PM
It's true. I'm the pithcha.

killer_queen
11-13-2006, 02:21 PM
I though you'd never ask!!
What's wrong with your typing? You're drunk, aren't you? If you're drunk sorry but I can't have sex with you because drinking alcohol is a sin and it's bad and all.

Jebus
11-13-2006, 02:27 PM
The only right thing that has been said in this thread. It was my fifth favourite. <3

Jebus and Brianna, fuck you.
but he had the lamest attacks.

Rolling Kick
Jump Kick
Focus Energy
Hi Jump Kick
Mega Kick

How could you ever expect to be a pokemon master with that faggot? Hitmonchamp had fire punch, ice punch, and thunder punch. So much versatility!

WebDudette
11-13-2006, 02:29 PM
Nidoking>Hitmonlee+Hitmonchan

Jebus
11-13-2006, 02:37 PM
Nidoking is wack. The only attack he could learn was thrash and that's only in level 23. You would have to wait till level 50 to evolve nidorino so he could could learn all the good attacks and then use the moonstone to evolve him. By that time it's too late for him to learn thrash(which is a gay attack anyways).

Apathy
11-13-2006, 02:47 PM
But most of the tm's worked on him. :(

WebDudette
11-13-2006, 02:54 PM
Holy hell, I just looked up Nidoking in wikipedia and found out there are almost 500 pokemon. WTF!?

Apathy
11-13-2006, 03:03 PM
Yeah, I know.

150 was hard enough for me, I gave up when they started adding new ones. That and the whole, playing pokemon even though you're in fifth grade thing. That was a little lame.

WebDudette
11-13-2006, 03:05 PM
Pfft... last time I played Pokemon silver I was in 7th or 8th grade I think.

Jebus
11-13-2006, 03:05 PM
pokemon was lame in fifth grade? I was still playing during middle school. =(

Llamas
11-13-2006, 03:52 PM
What's wrong with your typing? You're drunk, aren't you? If you're drunk sorry but I can't have sex with you because drinking alcohol is a sin and it's bad and all.

If you notice every post I made today between the hours of like 2pm and 3pm were made from a shitty mac computer lab. The keyboards BLOW and it's really hard to push buttons... and I was sooo not willing to backspace all the fucking mistakes. Every post I made during that hour was a pile of shit. No, I wasn't drunk, so we can still do it. :cool:

Linda
11-13-2006, 04:49 PM
*sigh*

Some of you are just so easy to irritate, I can't resist.
You just fall right into it. :D

JohnnyNemesis
11-13-2006, 04:59 PM
*sigh*

Some of you are just so easy to irritate, I can't resist.
You just fall right into it. :D

What the--?! No one's mentioned you or any conflict for several posts.

The irritation has died out. Y'know, like when a really hideous bug gets on your skin, annoys you for awhile with its itching and tenacity, then you kill it and get rid of it, knowing full well that you'll encounter many more bugs and kill them just as easily.

Way to be a bug, decrepit witch-hag.

Llamas
11-13-2006, 05:02 PM
there have been like 20 posts since anyone last spoke of her... and people weren't annoyed, they were amused. I've never been annoyed by linda... I always find her attempts at insults or arguing quite amusing. :)

Paint_It_Black
11-13-2006, 10:44 PM
Linda's only anoying if you ever make the mistake of trying to be nice or rational with her.

JohnnyNemesis
11-13-2006, 10:46 PM
Communicating with her directly in any capacity is risky business, whether nice or rational or whatever. There have been times where she's been extremely friendly to me and other times where she's flipped out on me, regardless of how I behave in either situation.