PDA

View Full Version : Funny thing

nightvision
11-11-2006, 07:13 PM
So I was on my way home from the pub tonight and I was kinda annoyed (several resons) when I suddenly met someone. This someone turned out to be a girl in my age and we started talking and it turned out that she was just like me. Same stupid/sick humour and everything... We had loads of fun. Me was (ofcourse) ready to sleep with her but her idea was that we should meet up again some other day or whatever.

Point being... Nothing really. But hey, it was weird, unusual, stupid and funny. I've never done that before.

Good night

(on another note... a friend of mine turned 22 yesterday. My goal was to buy him something stupid that had he had no use for at all. I gave him an add-on thing to sims 2 (he doesn't have sims 2).

ninthlayer
11-11-2006, 07:15 PM
Ha, you got shot down.

nightvision
11-11-2006, 07:18 PM
I don't trust you. Why? You smell like fish.

Tijs
11-11-2006, 07:57 PM
(on another note... a friend of mine turned 22 yesterday. My goal was to buy him something stupid that had he had no use for at all. I gave him an add-on thing to sims 2 (he doesn't have sims 2).Dude, that's what I do for my friends. A while ago I managed to get about 4 friends to chip in and I bought everything in discount at a hardware store and threw it in a box.

Last time I bought dogfood (he doesn't have a dog), a big bag of garden-fertilizer and some more cheap stuff.

I can't really remember the other things though...

Apathy
11-11-2006, 08:01 PM
I do it as well.

My favorite was when I bought my friend a seat cover about a week after he totaled his car.

0r4ng3
11-11-2006, 08:02 PM
That reminds me that a friend of mine bought Gears of War a few days ago, even though he doesn't own an Xbox360.

Paint_It_Black
11-11-2006, 09:23 PM
Jesse, that's just retarded. Tell him I said so.

- -Lauren- -
11-11-2006, 10:01 PM
I guess it's funny if you buy it for someone, but if you buy it for yourself, that's just plain stupidity. Haha, I can't wait to hear what others have done like this.

Homer
11-11-2006, 10:57 PM
That reminds me that a friend of mine bought Gears of War a few days ago, even though he doesn't own an Xbox360.

Maybe he was just setting a goal? Or, since this is the Xbox 360, he was setting an achievement... lawl.

the_GoDdEsS
11-12-2006, 02:00 AM
I'm starting to get the feeling all of you Swedes are so fucking random about things.

Llamas
11-12-2006, 02:09 AM
some of my friends bought my friend kirsten an easy bake oven for her birthday (she's 21 years old...). They also bought her drill bits (she doesn't own a drill, or even know how to use one). they also wrapped many pieces of wrapping paper within eachother a few times so that a few of her gifts were just paper... she unwrapped every single one fully... she was kinda drunk :P Oh, and they bought her those little tablets that, when you put them in water, grow into dinosaurs!! We told her she had to put them in her mouth... so she did.

wheelchairman
11-12-2006, 03:25 AM
Yes random gifts. That was funny when you were 15. I started putting thought into a lot of my gifts (instead of getting jokes) and I appreciate it when my friends do that.

nightvision
11-12-2006, 03:38 AM
I'm starting to get the feeling all of you Swedes are so fucking random about things.

You're right, we just don't care.

Llamas
11-12-2006, 03:44 AM
Yes random gifts. That was funny when you were 15. I started putting thought into a lot of my gifts (instead of getting jokes) and I appreciate it when my friends do that.

For my friends, we do the random gifts, but also follow them up with a serious/thoughtful gift. Also, our random gifts usually have stories behind them... like the easy bake oven was commentary on our friend's terrible cooking skills. I totally agree that just getting a random gift is shitty... but it's still fun (especially with drunk people) when you are still giving something thoughtful, too.

Paint_It_Black
11-12-2006, 05:02 AM

Yeah, you tell them young whippersnappers a thing or two, grandpa!

wheelchairman
11-12-2006, 09:26 AM
Yeah, you tell them young whippersnappers a thing or two, grandpa!
You should hear me about what kids are wearing these days. Girl pants? :(

JoY
11-12-2006, 09:35 AM

same here. & I only ever bought random gifts, if they weren't so random & still had something to do with the person it was for. mostly as a joke/pun. so there still went thought even in my random gifts.

I once got a plastic basket with the ugliest (plastic) picknick equipment ever. some of those things have proven themselves to be pretty useful, even though I'd never admit that to the group of friends who got me it. jokes aren't supposed to be useful.

JoY
11-12-2006, 09:37 AM
You should hear me about what kids are wearing these days. Girl pants? :(

these days? Willem/wliethof has worn those since the age of 14, or something.