PDA

View Full Version : Anna Molly (Incubus)

Llamas
11-12-2006, 03:02 AM
I know that a lot of people here really really hate Incubus... and, based on the albums "Morning View" and "A Crow Left of the Murder", I agree. I really enjoyed "SCIENCE", and "Make Yourself" was pretty good, though.

I just caught the video for their latest single on MTV. Once I realized it was Incubus, I almost changed the channel, remembering their last like 4 singles (Megalomaniac, Wish You Were Here, Warning, Nice to Know You, Stellar, I Miss You...) But it's actually quite good. They'll never relive the SCIENCE album, which was by far the best thing they've ever done... but I like it. Anyone else here this song? What do you think?

Anna Molly (new single): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCI6qXOEHPM

The single off of S.C.I.E.N.C.E., quite a great song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QrlyVES3Gw

Autonomist
11-12-2006, 03:49 AM
Yeah I like it, though I'm in the majority of people on this board who like them. Morning View was without a doubt one of the most boring piece of shit albums ever, though I don't see what was so bad about A Crow Left of the Murder. I quite liked Sick Sad Little World.

Also, Fungus Amongus > S.C.I.E.N.C.E.

Llamas
11-12-2006, 03:53 AM
Hmm, I never checked out Fungus Amongus. I'm not sure why. I think I will download. I physically own SCIENCE, make yourself, and a crow left. I found a crow left to be really drab... most of the songs blurred together for me. The other two I really like. And yes, Morning View was awful and boring.

JohnnyNemesis
11-12-2006, 09:41 AM
I depsise 'em. But I didn't know that "A Certain Shade of Green" was a single. The first Incubus song I ever heard was "New Skin", which was from that album, and that song is awesome.

Yatesy
11-12-2006, 01:49 PM
I heard that song ages ago and has been the most played song for the past month. But yeah it's a great song imo and probably the best they've released. Oh, I have nothing against any of the Incubus albums and I don't really have a favorite one.

Llamas
11-12-2006, 02:22 PM
I depsise 'em. But I didn't know that "A Certain Shade of Green" was a single. The first Incubus song I ever heard was "New Skin", which was from that album, and that song is awesome.

I didn't know New Skin was from that album, haha. Do you like A Certain Shade of Green? I love the SCIENCE album, and I wish they hadn't strayed so much from that style... because it was awesome.

HeadAroundU
11-12-2006, 02:27 PM
I saw their video a couple of days ago and I immediatelly liked it. It reminds me of AFI's "This celluloid dream" somehow. I'm new to Incubus.

Llamas
11-12-2006, 04:40 PM
If you'd like, I could upload their albums for you. I refuse to upload "morning view", though, because it's awful. :(

HeadAroundU
11-12-2006, 05:15 PM
Well, if you have a time then it would be nice of you. Soulseek and eMule are my friends.

Allmusic.com says that they are getting better and better. 1st album 2 stars, 2nd 3, 3rd 4, 4th 4, 5th 4 and half

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
11-12-2006, 05:32 PM
I'm actually a pretty big Incubus fan.

Funny I saw this thread, I'm listening to the song right now!

The song reminds me a little of 'Sick Sad Little World'... I also heard 2 other songs from the new album Light Grenades

'Earth To Bella' and 'Love Hurts' which are both live recordings, with pretty poor quality. Though I noticed that both songs are even slower tempo than 'Anna-Molly'... It makes me wonder how the whole album will sound (can't wait, i will probably buy it.)

Edit: Actually, i just found this on youtube, it's some short clips of the songs from Light Grenades (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS5R6lRHxAY) ... It seems to me like the album is a bit slow tempo'd all together...

Llamas
11-12-2006, 09:41 PM
Well, if you have a time then it would be nice of you. Soulseek and eMule are my friends.

Allmusic.com says that they are getting better and better. 1st album 2 stars, 2nd 3, 3rd 4, 4th 4, 5th 4 and half

Well if you can find it on those sites, then that's probably easier, anyway. If there's anything you can't find that you want, I'd be happy to upload, though.

Sometimes allmusic is great for reviews... sometimes it sucks. I assume the 4th album is morning view.. definitely didn't deserve 4 stars... but whatev.

I'm actually a pretty big Incubus fan.

Funny I saw this thread, I'm listening to the song right now!

The song reminds me a little of 'Sick Sad Little World'... I also heard 2 other songs from the new album Light Grenades

'Earth To Bella' and 'Love Hurts' which are both live recordings, with pretty poor quality. Though I noticed that both songs are even slower tempo than 'Anna-Molly'... It makes me wonder how the whole album will sound (can't wait, i will probably buy it.)
Lame if it's another slow album... we don't need another morning view. :-/

T-6005
11-12-2006, 11:46 PM
They seriously have a song called "Earth to Bella"?

That's amazing. They must hang out on here.

ninthlayer
11-12-2006, 11:52 PM
The only song I like by Incubus is Stellar.

Llamas
11-13-2006, 12:14 AM
lol. fag.

ninthlayer
11-13-2006, 12:37 AM
It's more gay to like an entire album by Incubus than to like one song, girlfag.

Llamas
11-13-2006, 12:38 AM
yeah but you like the gayest song. gayest fag.

JohnnyNemesis
11-13-2006, 09:34 AM

Fag .

XYlophonetreeZ
11-13-2006, 09:46 AM
Fag .

ninthlayer
11-13-2006, 10:10 AM
y u do dat? :'(

-note
Llamas, you listen to Sister Hazel and all that college rock bullshit.
Rick, go listen to Depeche Mode and cry more (fag).
XYZ, I don't know what you listen to but it probably sucks.

Llamas
11-13-2006, 10:19 AM
lol @ comebacks.

EDIT: for HAU and anyone else who's interested,

Fungus Amongus (first Incubus album): http://www.savefile.com/files/252681

S.C.I.E.N.C.E: http://www.savefile.com/files/252811

HeadAroundU
11-14-2006, 07:46 AM
Thanx, I'm downloading.

I downloaded "A Crow Left To The Murder" already. I like it but needs to listen more. Megalomaniac is good. Am I fag too?

Llamas
11-14-2006, 06:51 PM
Megalomaniac > Stellar, by quite a bit.

HeadAroundU
11-17-2006, 09:12 AM
"A Crow Left of The Murder". One of the best albums I have ever heard. I can't stop listening. It's so good. My music. <3

Llamas
11-17-2006, 03:41 PM
Have you heard Make Yourself yet?

I'm surprised you like Crow better than SCIENCE or Fungus.

HeadAroundU
11-18-2006, 11:43 AM
I heard them all. Need more time but I'm so in love with this album that I don't want to listen others. It's their musically by far the best album. I'm surprised that they made 2 singles only (plus 2 radio singles). "Southern girl" is a beautiful song and should have been a single. I love this song. I love every song. Did you noticed some Nirvana feel on the album? "Beware! criminal" and "Agoraphobia". Also, I love "Here in my room".

Science reminded me of Papa roach.

HeadAroundU
11-19-2006, 03:12 PM
It's leaked, bitches! Listening to it right now.

Llamas
11-19-2006, 03:20 PM
the new album? where did you find it?

HeadAroundU
11-19-2006, 03:33 PM
YES.

I downloaded the torrent from Demonoid and then used Bittorent to download it (it's fucking fast). It's on Soulseek and eMule too.

Llamas
11-19-2006, 03:50 PM
hell yes! downloading right now. should be done fast (600 seeds, 500 leeches!) I'm excited... I hope it's as good as make yourself was.

Llamas
11-19-2006, 11:26 PM
Wow. This album is good. It's much better than "A Crow", and definitely kicks the ass of "Morning View". The first four songs are damn awesome. I'm definitely going to buy this when it comes out.

Autonomist
11-20-2006, 04:02 AM
Godfuckingdamn it, it's leaked and I'm capped. Could some Savefile it?

JohnnyNemesis
11-20-2006, 09:27 AM
Godfuckingdamn it, it's leaked and I'm capped. Could some Savefile it?

You can get it right here (http://rapidshare.com/files/3970167/LightGrenades_by_flagman87_.rar).

HeadAroundU
11-20-2006, 11:01 AM
Wow. This album is good. It's much better than "A Crow", and definitely kicks the ass of "Morning View". The first four songs are damn awesome. I'm definitely going to buy this when it comes out.
Hahaha, exactly, the first four songs, except intro. "Dig" and "Love hurts" touched my heart <3. "A kiss to send us off" and "Anna molly" are super cool. That's a good part but suddenly the rest of the album doesn't tell me anything. There are some ok tracks (#10, #11) and the rest is meh and nothing special. I'm expecting 3 and half stars from allmusic.com.

"A crow left of the murder" pwns the shit out of every album. It's a masterpiece that you can't repeat. :(

H1T_That
11-23-2006, 10:54 AM
Make A Move is their only good song in my opinion (that i've heard). Its the one from that Stealth movie.

Venom Symbiote
11-23-2006, 03:40 PM
Stealth was perhaps the worst movie I've seen in like 3 years. And it had fucking futuristic jet-fighters and Jessica Biel. With almost-oldschool-sounding Incubus tracks rocking during the action scenes.

How the fuck could they find a way to make that not good? Fast & The Furious douche-face, I hate that director.

In any case, bring back S.C.I.E.N.C.E.

A Crow had a couple cool tracks, "Pistola" was great and even "Megalomaniac" would be a pretty sweet tune if it wasn't all hippyish and about Bush. But old Incubus is where it's at, viva la '90s.

HeadAroundU
11-23-2006, 05:00 PM
venom, pistola's great, what about "Sick sad little world"? It's brilliant.

Also,
I grew to love "Paper shoes" from the new album.
Make Yourself, "Drive" and "Nowhere fast" are amazing.
Morning view, "11am" is amazing.

Venom Symbiote
11-23-2006, 05:15 PM
Make Yourself kicks ass too. I like it almost as much as S.C.I.E.N.C.E, apart from "Drive".

Llamas
11-24-2006, 01:17 AM
The Warmth is my favorite song by them. I like make yourself and science probably the same.

Yatesy
11-24-2006, 05:12 PM
Best songs from Light Grenades:
-Quicksand
-Kiss To Send Us Off
-Dig
-Rogues

Dig is probably my favourite song off the album/released this year. So yeah, Light Grenades is album of the year imo. W00t for Incubus in April! :D

HeadAroundU
11-25-2006, 10:39 AM
Quicksand?, are you serious?
Put there, "love hurts" or "paper shoes" instead.

Also, I don't like "earth to bella", I don't get it. However, part 2 is better.

Yatesy
11-26-2006, 03:43 PM
Quicksand?, are you serious?

Yeah, I think it's a great opening track and sort of gets me excited listening to it, could be longer though.

aijuswanaseing
11-29-2006, 12:54 AM
from "Light Grenades" my favourites would be:
A Kiss To Send Us Off, Paper Shoes, Rogues, Punch Drunk (Jap bonus track), Quicksand & Earth To Bella.

PS: if anybody wants to hear from of the new tracks, they are up on myspace. click the banner:

http://www.sstxo.com/incubus/banners/Incubus_300x250a.jpg (http://www.myspace.com/incubus)

Autonomist
11-29-2006, 01:35 AM
Finally got it today. Unfortunately I'm not a big fan so far.

Thomas
11-29-2006, 08:29 PM
I don't have much to say. I have never been big into Incubus, although I do like pretty much all of their singles. Anyhoo, what I have hear I found pretty decent, and there are some songs that I really like. Anna Molly, though, just doesn't appeal to me. I don't know if it's the fact that their drummer is the stiffest, most tense drummer on the face of the Earth (it's noticeable and it bugs me more than you can possibly imagine) or what, but I just don't like it. I guess that's all I have to say. I hope their other singles are better.

HeadAroundU
11-30-2006, 03:34 PM
Here's good review and I pretty much agree.
http://www.sputnikmusic.com/album.php?albumid=14196

Thomas, I like their drummer, I guess I like the tense drummers then. He is pretty awesome on "A crow left of the murder". I recommend this album. Their best album. There is no filler track and album lasts 1 hour.

Llamas
11-30-2006, 03:52 PM
That is a good review. I like how it got into their history and the fact that they all have ADHD. That explains a lot. I'm glad that they also seem to agree that Light Grenades is better than Crow, cause it damn well is.

HeadAroundU
11-30-2006, 09:37 PM
Ha, fuck them, the review had been changed! I'm taking my "pretty much agree" back.

But I agree on 3 and half stars, maybe. I like it but it's just a very artificial record. Song structures are predictable which makes 4 minute songs look like 2 minute songs. Lots of an effort put but the result is not that great. The middle of the album is very weak, songs 7 (13), 8, 9. Earth to Bella shouldn't be separated, it would have been a one strong song. This album is a mix of a really great and really boring moments. Brendan O'Brien mixed some songs very strangely. Songs of the 2nd half off the album are arranged very poorly.

It was very negative of me but that's basically all what pisses me off. Now I want to give them 3 stars only. Can't wait for allmusic.com review.

Ha, they gave 4 stars to Crow. I'm not surprised. It's just kick ass on so many levels and I can't find any cons.
http://www.sputnikmusic.com/album.php?albumid=307

Thomas
11-30-2006, 09:46 PM
Here's good review and I pretty much agree.
http://www.sputnikmusic.com/album.php?albumid=14196

Thomas, I like their drummer, I guess I like the tense drummers then. He is pretty awesome on "A crow left of the murder". I recommend this album. Their best album. There is no filler track and album lasts 1 hour.

Don't get me wrong, he's a great drummer. I just don't like his technique or style at all. It's just a little personal quirk I have when I listen to music. I can tell if a drummer is playing loose and relaxed and by hearing that, it is easier for me to listen to the music because it just flows better in my ears. When a drummer gets really stiff and tense, I just have a hard time listening and relaxing to it.

Llamas
11-30-2006, 10:04 PM
The middle of the album is very weak, songs 7 (13), 8, 9. Earth to Bella shouldn't be separated, it would have been a one strong song.
True. The beginning and end of the album are great. But wait. You said track 13 is weak... and then said it would've been strong if not at the end? I'm confused.

HeadAroundU
12-01-2006, 02:56 PM
Thomas, ok. The drums are my favourite instrument but I'm not an expert. I didn't realize that he is tense, now I can see it. I like his style through.

llamas, I was aiming with #13 to "Earth to Bella". It's not in the middle but it's weak as 7,8,9. That makes 4 weak songs! but they are still ok, I like "Oil and water" through. But yeah, it was confusing.

Llamas
12-01-2006, 03:09 PM
I Gotcha. Best songs:

A Kiss to Send Us Off
Dig
Anna Molly
Light Grenades
Oil and Water

I LOVE a kiss to send us off... probably the best track on there.

H1T_That
12-02-2006, 09:39 AM
I've really gotten into Anna Molly, i'm considering purchasing the album, are the other songs of a simmilar nature to that one?

HeadAroundU
12-02-2006, 01:46 PM
My favourite songs:

A Kiss to Send Us Off
Dig
Anna Molly
Love Hurts
Light Grenades
Paper Shoes

H1t_That, it's hard to tell, download it first and then buy it if you like it. It's a catchy diverse record. Some songs will piss you off for sure.

Venom Symbiote
12-02-2006, 10:17 PM
I still haven't bought/heard the new one, but I thought I'd listen to A Crow Left Of The Murder again yesterday, after a long period of no-Incubus in my stereo.

It's actually not as bad as I remembered, apart from the horrid "Megalomaniac" lyrics. It's not their best work, and it's pretty random, but still reasonably enjoyable.