PDA

View Full Version : Aquacity

HeadAroundU
11-12-2006, 12:11 PM
Those things are fuckin' awesome. I have been to Aquacity situated in a relatively big Slovak city of Poprad under The High Tatras on Saturday.
It looks like this:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/HeadAroundU/aquacitypoprad.jpg
There is all based on the geothermal water which raises the water’s temperature to 49 C (120 Fahrenheit).

It's cool to be outdoor where the weather is cold and relax in a warm water. I loved the pools equipped with underwater jets and bubble benches and shit like this. Water massages are great. Roller coaster rocked but probably the most awesome thing was Vital World with different type of steam rooms, thepidariums and caldariums where you can inhale menthol, salt, flower or herbal steam vapours.
http://www.aquacity.sk/default.aspx

I'm relaxed so don't make me mad. k?
and bring us euros and dollars.

How you ever been to places like this and what's your favourite attraction there?

the_GoDdEsS
11-12-2006, 12:15 PM
Oh my! Tatras! The beauty. We need to advertise that. And lolz at euros and dollars comment.

Venom Symbiote
11-12-2006, 03:40 PM
Meh. I'll take a good ol' civilised country summer-weather waterpark any day. Living in the sub-tropics is grand. *nods*

Izie
11-12-2006, 07:38 PM
This makes me not hate a mountain. Something is wrong. :/

Little_Miss_1565
11-12-2006, 07:43 PM
Oh man. I would LOVE to go somewhere like that. I am a cripple, and warm water is one of the only things that helps when it gets bad.

0r4ng3
11-12-2006, 07:46 PM
That looks like an awesome place to go, except for one thing.

Hot water + Cold air = Very no.

By that I mean that once you get out of said water, said air feels extra cold. I'd rather not risk it.

Paint_It_Black
11-12-2006, 07:54 PM

I generally disagree.

Italia311
11-12-2006, 08:30 PM
There is an "Aquagarden" near us in Italia...its so bad. You are also forced to wear a bathing-cap or whatever or else you cannot go in the water. Hhha..so bad.

Much better in Canada.

That one looks cool though, hot water in cold weather....one giant jacuzzi...

JohnnyNemesis
11-12-2006, 08:33 PM

I strongly agree very strongly (I agree strongly, very much so).

It's like begging for a fever!

sKratch
11-12-2006, 09:39 PM
I keep reading the thread title "Aqua'-city", as in the aquatic property of something.

coke_a_holic
11-12-2006, 09:53 PM
I keep reading the thread title "Aqua'-city", as in the aquatic property of something.

Me too! It has similar emphasis to "audacity" (but, obviously, with a q instead of a d) in my mind. It needs the capital C in the title.

Paint_It_Black
11-13-2006, 12:02 AM
There is an "Aquagarden" near us in Italia...its so bad. You are also forced to wear a bathing-cap or whatever or else you cannot go in the water. Hhha..so bad.

Fascism making a return?

the_GoDdEsS
11-13-2006, 12:24 AM

I know. This is completely insane and my first thought is pneumonia. And it reminds me of going to the western part of Tatras on Easter when it is so hot you have to wear a t-shirt and your feet are freezing even in your boots, because there is snow!

Italia311
11-13-2006, 06:20 AM
Fascism making a return?

One could only hope...

HeadAroundU
11-13-2006, 07:15 AM
Oh man. I would LOVE to go somewhere like that. I am a cripple, and warm water is one of the only things that helps when it gets bad.
I strongly recommend it to you. If I remember correctly, you have a muscle pain. Water massages + saunas. This place is heaven for you.

That looks like an awesome place to go, except for one thing.

By that I mean that once you get out of said water, said air feels extra cold. I'd rather not risk it.
But you will stop being yellow. Trust me. [/racist joke]:p

Don't worry, it's safeguarded. When you'll get out of the water, you are indoor, special door. Plus, temperature change is boosting your immune system, but not for a long time! And I bet you would love the transition from the classic Finnish sauna to the Ice cave. It was great.

I strongly agree very strongly (I agree strongly, very much so).

It's like begging for a fever!
It makes you white and you'll stop being nigga. Trust me. :p

0r4ng3
11-13-2006, 10:16 AM
Me too! It has similar emphasis to "audacity" (but, obviously, with a q instead of a d) in my mind. It needs the capital C in the title.
I thought I was the only one reading it like that.

the_GoDdEsS
11-13-2006, 12:07 PM
Ice cave? Eek?

HeadAroundU
11-14-2006, 01:53 PM
The Traditional Finnish Sauna
Our Scandinavian style Sauna is a conventional pine panelled room heated with stones, which in turn are heated by a traditional wood burning stove, to produce a temperature of 100°C. As you relax in the heat, and feel the stresses and strains of tired muscles melt away, you might want to contemplate a traditional dip in the icy plunge pool, or for a more relaxing way to cool off, take a trip to our Ice Cave??
Ice Cave: Forever Winter
In VitalWorld’s Ice Cave it is always winter, with real snow forming in the air around you whatever the season outside. Ideal for cooling off after a session in the Sauna or the Steam rooms, or just for ‘chilling out’ and enjoying the Ice Age experience. The Ice Cave is a truly magical place, but unlike the kingdom of Narnia it may be forever winter but Christmas still comes once a year.

Professor Chaos
11-14-2006, 04:13 PM
There's something like that not too far from here, in a puny town of about 3,000 (which is actually not that small by Wyoming standards) called Thermopolis. There are a ton of natural hot springs around the area, and you can get in the water at the park. I think it's supposed to have the world's largest mineral hot spring. But it's a lot less beautiful and luxurious than that Aquacity picture, since it's in a crappy little town in the middle of nowhere.

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/8836/8qi8.jpg

darea
11-15-2006, 09:07 AM
there's an aquacity in south east of france, but Ive never been there

http://www.aquacity.fr/web_aquacity270404/carte_aquacity2.jpg

the_GoDdEsS
11-15-2006, 09:43 AM
Real snow forming? That sounds pretty awesome. Would be a fun place to stay at in summer when you're completely sick of the heat.

calichix
11-15-2006, 09:50 AM
I went to this place in Nicaragua that had a 2 swimming pools, one with water from a creek and one with water from a hot spring. One pool was luke-warm and one was reaaaaaly hot. There was a wooden sauna too built over a sulperic hot spring. It was terrifying because the floor was just some wooden planks and the water was boiling right under your feet.

HeadAroundU
11-15-2006, 10:49 AM
Real snow forming? That sounds pretty awesome. Would be a fun place to stay at in summer when you're completely sick of the heat.
Well, kind of a snowy icicles were forming on the roof. I touched one. :eek: :p

Also, I went in barefoot. Mistake. Floor was a pure ice. YAY!