PDA

View Full Version : Picketfence

neocon58
11-13-2006, 05:22 AM
Here's the myspace for my band/project thing. I'd say we're Rock/Pop/Acoustic, but mostly rock/pop (I guess they call it pop-rock...). We're having a song recorded soon through our school, and I'll be demoing a few scratchy ideas for songs in the weeks to come, which will be jammed on by the rest of the guys n gals and hopefully recorded (i'll be 'producing', haha) by the end of the year. Ideally, we'd be a gig-ready live band with pre recorded material and a nice bank of covers to choose from by the start of 07.

We've got a sampler up now just of some dodgy demos with fake drums, haha, but we've also got a nice sad acoustic/piano number up there, lettuce know what ya think!

www.myspace.com/picketfencemusic

We did it all ourselves, very much a home recording job, but I'm hella happy with how it turned out. The recording is pretty much a dynamic mic for the acoustic, a dynamic mic w/ pop filter for the vocals, and a keyboard plugged straight into a Lexicon Omega interface, each instrument recorded seperately. Then some tweaking was done on cubase, and hey presto!

T-6005
11-15-2006, 09:15 PM
I think you guys sound quite good, to be honest - I like the fact that you're holding everything together quite well without anything sticking out annoyingly. The mixing's well done, though I think you'd do much better with a condenser for vocals, obviously.

I quite like the song with the piano in it.

I have a slight issue with the voice, but that's a matter of personal taste and not due to any lack of skill or mixing errors.

Good job - keep it up.

neocon58
11-15-2006, 11:28 PM
Cheers for the comments man.

Yep, the vocals would sound a lot better with a condenser. I know what you mean about the Vocals too...for such a simple song, she made the vocal melody pretty hard for herself, which sometimes works and sometimes does not. But overall, we're pretty happy with it.

If all goes well, we will have a full-band song up by the end of next week, if not, expect some finalized songs over the summer (or Winter in america).