germanoffspringfan
11-13-2006, 11:22 AM
Has anyone here heard of Rammstein? and what do you know about them? :cool:

Stranger With Candy
11-13-2006, 11:55 AM
pretty boring.

Llamas
11-13-2006, 12:32 PM
LOL. Please tellme you don't like rammstein... Please.

Amiralanal
11-13-2006, 02:23 PM
Has anyone here heard of Rammstein? and what do you know about them? :cool:

i got news for you.....THEY SUCK

Venom Symbiote
11-13-2006, 04:44 PM
Hey, in all fairness, "Feuer Frei" or whatever it is kicks the shit.

The rest of their music is pretty goofy, though.

Llamas
11-13-2006, 04:58 PM
You don't understand. the horrible part isn't even the music... it's the lyrics!! They're just AWFUL!!! haha. I admit I have their one cd for comedic value. I like to play it in the car when I give people rides. ;)

the_GoDdEsS
11-14-2006, 01:03 AM
Awful? Actually, I've always enjoyed their lyrics and the word plays. And the accent.

Autonomist
11-14-2006, 01:23 AM
Rammstein are god.

Venom Symbiote
11-14-2006, 02:00 AM
Lyrically they're pretty horrible, sure, but I find them strangely entertaining.

There's just something inherently entertaining about some nerdy-looking Kraut intoning "You hate me!" in German for 3 or 4 minutes in an almost robotic voice accompanying quasi-metal electro beats.

the_GoDdEsS
11-14-2006, 02:14 AM
Lyrically they're pretty horrible, sure, but I find them strangely entertaining.

There's just something inherently entertaining about some nerdy-looking Kraut intoning "You hate me!" in German for 3 or 4 minutes in an almost robotic voice accompanying quasi-metal electro beats.

Oh yeah, I'm sure you're fluent in German.

Venom Symbiote
11-14-2006, 02:16 AM
What's all that about? :rolleyes: Do I have to be?

"Du hast meicht" (not sure how you spell the "meicht") is "you hate me" in German. Hence the comment about the song, and how I find it entertaining.

Acceptable enough explanation for you, you dirty hoebag of a Slovakian?

the_GoDdEsS
11-14-2006, 02:20 AM
What's all that about? :rolleyes: Do I have to be?

"Du hast meicht" (not sure how you spell the "meicht") is "you hate me" in German. Hence the comment about the song, and how I find it entertaining.

Acceptable enough explanation for you, you dirty hoebag of a Slovakian?

If you want to understand Rammstein lyrics perfectly, yes. Translations are not enough.

No, du hasst mich does not only mean you hate me. There's more behind it if you speak German and listen to the whole song.

And what was that dirty hoebag of a Slovakian comment about? How was that reasonable?

el_monkey
11-14-2006, 09:37 AM
i got news for you.....THEY SUCK

that's right

jacknife737
11-14-2006, 12:42 PM
I don't mind them, i picked up their last two cds. They usually have good muisc videos.

germanoffspringfan
11-14-2006, 04:11 PM
you're right. coming from a german "du hasst" is "you hate" wheras "du hast" is you have. the song is based on wedding vows (for some weird reason).
Rammstein is weird but hey, at least they can't really be compared to anyone!! they're unique and those who shit them and dont know what they're on about should either learn or shut up!!! :D

Venom Symbiote
11-14-2006, 04:21 PM
"Du hast meicht" means "you hate me". Period. There's a fucking ENGLISH VERSION where the lyrics are "you hate me".

Fuuuck.

germanoffspringfan
11-14-2006, 05:34 PM
Well - excuuuuse me. the english version is done like that for effect!!! look in any german-english dictionary and "hast" is "have"

fark!!!

0r4ng3
11-14-2006, 05:37 PM
No, I'm pretty sure "Du Hast" means "You Have".

I remember thinking it was funny that people use it as an "angry" song, given the lyrics.

Edit: Even if it does mean "You Hate", I still think it's funny.

germanoffspringfan
11-14-2006, 05:52 PM
it is funny - given the (in the german version) lyrics. But Rammstein do sing quite a bit about heartbreak and sometimes heartbreak gets pretty violent!!! lol

Llamas
11-14-2006, 06:00 PM
Once again, Venom is a moron. You can't expect an english version of a song to be the same. You know the song "99 Red Balloons"? Well, the original german version is "99 Luftballons", which mean "99 Air Balloons". Right off the bat, it's different. And the entire POINT of the song is completely different.

Du
Du hast
Du hast mich
Du hast mich
Du hast mich gefragt
Du hast mich gefragt
Du hast mich gefragt und ich hab nichts gesagt

You
You have
You have me
You have asked me
You have asked me
You have asked me and I have said nothing

That's what it means. Everything I've ever read spelled it "hast" and not "hasst", which means it's "have" and not "hate". Don't try to talk about good lyrics when you have NO idea what you're talking about.

germanoffspringfan
11-14-2006, 06:18 PM
THANKYOU llama!!!! Point proven (sort of)!!!
Some people have absolutely no idea what they're on about!!! :p

Llamas
11-14-2006, 06:26 PM
Their lyrics in general are just really out there. They try to use really dark lyrics and overtones, but in the end they don't really make a whole lot of sense and sound like fools.

The music itself is okay, the vocals are annoying. They just kind of took elements of industrial metal and made it sound like shit, IMO.

EDIT: the band doesn't take itself seriously. They've admitted they're kind of a "joke" band and that they are meant to be mocking someone or something. I'll have to try to look that up later (though it'll be in german).

the_GoDdEsS
11-14-2006, 11:38 PM
Once again, Venom is a moron. You can't expect an english version of a song to be the same. You know the song "99 Red Balloons"? Well, the original german version is "99 Luftballons", which mean "99 Air Balloons". Right off the bat, it's different. And the entire POINT of the song is completely different.

Du
Du hast
Du hast mich
Du hast mich
Du hast mich gefragt
Du hast mich gefragt
Du hast mich gefragt und ich hab nichts gesagt

You
You have
You have me
You have asked me
You have asked me
You have asked me and I have said nothing

That's what it means. Everything I've ever read spelled it "hast" and not "hasst", which means it's "have" and not "hate". Don't try to talk about good lyrics when you have NO idea what you're talking about.

Exactly this. Except the "du hast/hasst" is a sort of a word play so you totally think it is hate. And it pretty much is too. And they have dozens of word plays and puns like that all over their lyrics.

el_monkey
11-15-2006, 03:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kugD8IAZX9w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBHJoT-J3cw

two good rammstein videos

the_GoDdEsS
11-15-2006, 03:40 AM
I did not see how it was funny. And that Czech song is dumb.

el_monkey
11-15-2006, 03:54 AM
not funny ... good

Llamas
11-15-2006, 08:50 AM
You thought the czech music one was good? It's clearly supposed to be funny, but it's not. I kind of like the song itself, but putting it to a rammstein video isn't that funny.

And the tatu/rammstein thing was pretty dumb. I hate tatu... I really wish the one girl hadn't sung by herself in the beginning... her voice is SO annoying. Those girls have to use a lot of production and loud music to hide their piercingly annoying voices. Rammstein atleast has some decent qualities about them... tatu has nothing.

el_monkey
11-15-2006, 11:26 AM
but the second one matches perfectly

germanoffspringfan
11-15-2006, 11:34 AM
well i like them. venom just doesnt know what hes talking about :)

Llamas
11-15-2006, 12:34 PM
but the second one matches perfectly

doesn't make it good or funny, though.

well i like them. venom just doesnt know what hes talking about :)

And it's fine that you like them. I still think they suck, and I find it amusing that you like them, but it's okay. As long as you're not stupid about why you like them (venom).

germanoffspringfan
11-15-2006, 03:12 PM
whats that meant to mean?

Llamas
11-15-2006, 04:01 PM
It means it's fine to like them as long as you're not like "I like them because they say 'I hate you' over and over for 3 minutes!!!"

germanoffspringfan
11-16-2006, 11:19 AM
rightyho then

rugbyfreak
11-26-2006, 07:42 AM
I also think they´re a great band but some of their lyrics aren´t so good I think.
And I can support the others who have postet before me. It´s "you have".

If there are other questions about the German language, ask me I´m German.
So I apologize if there are mistakes in my sentences ;)

Tim

F@ BANKZ
11-29-2006, 01:08 PM
They're cool, the raft and all. Abit gimicy for me though

Splintergirl
12-19-2006, 09:04 AM
weiter weiter ins verderben wir müssen leben bis wir sterben=)
RAMMSTEIN

bhg_rulz2
12-21-2006, 10:51 PM
i like a lot the music...but men...the lyrcis are so stupid...not all of them...."ohne dich" its beatiful...it means "without you"

Llamas
12-21-2006, 11:48 PM
i like a lot the music...but men...the lyrcis are so stupid...not all of them...."ohne dich" its beatiful...it means "without you"

So... you're a second account of Ninty Man?

Offspring-Junkie
12-24-2006, 11:04 AM
rammstein is boring! Now you now the awful truth about rammstein!:D

HabIchGehört
01-02-2007, 02:14 PM
rammstein is geil :D

I can compile (?) you the songtext!

Forza
01-02-2007, 03:12 PM
Rammstein is pretty dull. That doesn't keep me from totally adoring Adios. One of the most energetic songs I have ever heard.

H1T_That
01-02-2007, 03:43 PM
rammstein is geil :D

I can compile (?) you the songtext!

By songtext, i'm assuming you mean lyrics.

And by claiming Rammstein have great lyrics, you fail. Thier lyrics are some of the worst i've ever heard.

HabIchGehört
01-03-2007, 08:20 AM
my english isn't so good^^ sorry!

Yes i mean lyrics... they're very good!

the_GoDdEsS
01-04-2007, 06:48 AM
And by claiming Rammstein have great lyrics, you fail. Thier lyrics are some of the worst i've ever heard.

Yeah, like you speak German.

Llamas
01-04-2007, 10:52 AM
I speak German and they suck. :)

H1T_That
01-04-2007, 12:02 PM
Yeah, like you speak German.

Ha, i actually do. Not fluently, but i do speak it enough to understand the lyrics.

the_GoDdEsS
01-04-2007, 12:10 PM
Ha, i actually do. Not fluently, but i do speak it enough to understand the lyrics.

You need to be quite fluent to understand many of the puns in the lyrics. I think they're pretty entertaining. And whoever takes Rammstein lyrics seriously should be shot.

H1T_That
01-04-2007, 12:24 PM
You need to be quite fluent to understand many of the puns in the lyrics. I think they're pretty entertaining. And whoever takes Rammstein lyrics seriously should be shot.

Perhaps thats why i don't like them. I recognise significant words, then work out what the sentance is, which will mean i can't see any 'pun'.

Also, translations of the lyrics i have seen leave much to be desired, comedic or not.

the_GoDdEsS
01-04-2007, 12:27 PM
Yeah, in that case you often would not recognise it.

Also, I'm pretty much against translations as they can't ever be as good as the original. I think the best ones used to be on this one Herzeleid site, it probably still exists. But it's pretty hard to come close to the original. It really carries a whole different feeling.

H1T_That
01-04-2007, 12:30 PM
Yeah, in that case you often would not recognise it.

Also, I'm pretty much against translations as they can't ever be as good as the original. I think the best ones used to be on this one Herzeleid site, it probably still exists. But it's pretty hard to come close to the original. It really carries a whole different feeling.

I actually only meant translations of the lyrics to english words, not the songs. And i can imagine song translations would'nt come close to the original versions.

Splintergirl
01-05-2007, 09:05 AM
Rammstein is good but Offspring is better:cool:

the_GoDdEsS
01-05-2007, 12:15 PM
I Punk :cool:

Smash punker
02-18-2008, 05:40 AM
Hate those freaks! :D At least if they sing in English then I´d probably change my opinion. :)

yulka
07-17-2008, 12:58 AM
in one word

SUCKS

Szandi
07-17-2008, 11:19 AM
I like it. I like german language.I'd like to go to rammstein concert.

Szandi
07-17-2008, 11:30 AM
hehe.
it's very funny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5frzVTgNYc

dff_punk
07-17-2008, 02:13 PM
hehe.
it's very funny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5frzVTgNYc

Haha, that male german voice is priceless :D

zsk
07-20-2008, 05:26 AM
i like in extremo,böse onkelz ,die hosen,zsk ,wizo,die ärzte but not rammstein
i like only "feuer frei"

holland25
07-20-2008, 05:50 AM
Rammstein is great and influenced by Laibach. That makes them even greater.

Johnny Birdbrook
07-22-2008, 12:19 PM
" Haha, that male german voice is priceless "

that's not german.. i don't understand a single word!! :D
seems to be dutch..

well, i actually enjoy rammstein a lot^^
their new songs are less good than they were on "mother", but still not bad..

And to everybody not native speaking german.. it isn't possible to translate their songs, since almost every song plays with german words and phrases that can't be translated.

I actually think their lyrics are pretty good, since their often using the german language in a peoetic, confusing and very clever way.

But there're also some lyrics i wished i've never heard (rein, raus etc).

well i think they're a good band^^

(mein herz brennt, mutter, spieluhr, links 2,3,4, adios and many more..)

Szandi
07-23-2008, 08:53 AM
Stirb Nicht Vor Mir (Don't Die Before I Do) is with english lyrics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCqyNAxmxYo

Keyser
07-23-2008, 09:14 AM
Rammstein is allright, like their earlier stuff a bit better tough.