PDA

View Full Version : What Are These Songs???

manucho
11-14-2006, 05:06 PM
i'm from argentina so in this text will probably have some mistakes

hey!! i've been so curious these days about one fact:the songs that were left out the splinter album.
in the interview to dexter about splinter (part one and two) ,on this page, he talks about some songs of the record (and he plays their demos).he talks about a song that would be sing by 60000 people (joking) and i asume that he reffers to the last part of da hui. but then he talks about a song called "what the fuck" and i've read in many other websites about this song being on splinter...he also talks about "pass me by" that we all know that will be on their next album and also about a song called "give it up" that talks about a boy that thiks that all the girls want to be with him, and in splinter there isn't any song talking about that so it's weired.he finally talks about a song called "the roof is falling" which i asume that is "the noose".
another thing that is increasing my curiosity is the fact that in many websites (before the splinter was finished) appeared the list of songs for the album and some of them were "proofter", "milquetoast" and "light them up". first i thought that they were songs invented by the webmaster but then when splinter came up i realise that many of the songs on the list were tru songs ("spare me the details", "lighting rod", etc) on that list also appeared "pass me by".
so now i want to know if anyone knows anything about this??? dexter also said that they were going to cover the social distortion's song "ring of fire", another curiosity...

manucho
11-14-2006, 05:19 PM
another thing....in the interview on this site with butch viq dexter talks about two new covers, does anybody know to what covers he refers in this interview???

ZagmenO
11-14-2006, 05:20 PM
Ring of Fire was done by Johnny Cash. Social D covered it. Maybe those other songs were tentative titles. That song you described about the guy thinking all the girls like him sounds like Pretty Fly. You oughta send a link to site. 'Cuz now you got me all curious.

Floyd the Barber
11-14-2006, 05:21 PM
he talks about a song that would be sing by 60000 people (joking) and i asume that he reffers to the last part of da hui.

I think he's talking about the background crowd vocals on "Neocon". They recorded those at the 2002 Reading Festival.

Venom Symbiote
11-14-2006, 05:35 PM
I want the "Ring Of Fire" cover right now.

Right friggin' now. Even if it's a demo.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
11-14-2006, 06:13 PM
I want the "Ring Of Fire" cover right now.

Right friggin' now. Even if it's a demo.

I second that. :eek:

Hypodermic_89
11-15-2006, 01:42 AM
And Offspring cover of "Ring Of Fire" would be fucking awesome. :D

MaF
11-15-2006, 10:16 AM
That song bout guy sounds like....Hit that?
And other titles maby just a demo-titles of splinter songs?
Or maby they were so awful that they just throw em out....i dunno :)

F@ BANKZ
11-15-2006, 10:42 AM
Ring Of Fire, i'm very surprised they may cover a song i already know since i mainly only know Offspring songs, hmmmm that may be cool, but jonny cash is too damn popular nowadays, then again Ring Of Fire is by far his best song.

malibu43
11-15-2006, 12:30 PM
I think the offspring could think of a more original cover song than ring of fire. Social D did it, that was cool. i don't think anyone else needs to cover it.

Llamas
11-15-2006, 12:46 PM
Ring Of Fire, i'm very surprised they may cover a song i already know since i mainly only know Offspring songs, hmmmm that may be cool, but jonny cash is too damn popular nowadays, then again Ring Of Fire is by far his best song.

Walk the Line > Ring of Fire

Anyway, Johnny Cash was great. And it's crazy with his popularity resurgence.

HeadAroundU
11-15-2006, 01:22 PM
i'm from argentina so in this text will probably have some mistakes

hey!! i've been so curious these days about one fact:the songs that were left out the splinter album.
in the interview to dexter about splinter (part one and two) ,on this page, he talks about some songs of the record (and he plays their demos).he talks about a song that would be sing by 60000 people (joking) and i asume that he reffers to the last part of da hui. but then he talks about a song called "what the fuck" and i've read in many other websites about this song being on splinter...he also talks about "pass me by" that we all know that will be on their next album and also about a song called "give it up" that talks about a boy that thiks that all the girls want to be with him, and in splinter there isn't any song talking about that so it's weired.he finally talks about a song called "the roof is falling" which i asume that is "the noose".
another thing that is increasing my curiosity is the fact that in many websites (before the splinter was finished) appeared the list of songs for the album and some of them were "proofter", "milquetoast" and "light them up". first i thought that they were songs invented by the webmaster but then when splinter came up i realise that many of the songs on the list were tru songs ("spare me the details", "lighting rod", etc) on that list also appeared "pass me by".
so now i want to know if anyone knows anything about this??? dexter also said that they were going to cover the social distortion's song "ring of fire", another curiosity...
60 000 people = Neocon
what the fuck = Da hui
give it up = Hit that
the roof is falling = The noose
light them up = Lightning rod (maybe)
poofter, milquetoast = ???

Tomoo
11-15-2006, 02:49 PM
Did they ever say that "Pass me by" would be on the new album? If it's that one song they play during that one studio, that'd be badass cuz it sounds really cool

Original prankstA
11-15-2006, 03:16 PM
I think the offspring could think of a more original cover song than ring of fire. Social D did it, that was cool. i don't think anyone else needs to cover it.

an original cover...wow

-=xanathos=-
11-15-2006, 03:55 PM
I've got the Social D cover of ring of fire somewhere, If anyone's interested...

Personally like the one the living end did better though, bit more feeling to it...

Llamas
11-15-2006, 04:04 PM
that one song they play during that one studio,
Please be more vague.