PDA

View Full Version : New info.

Ixnay on the earth
11-16-2006, 07:26 PM
Sweet...Butt-load of demos.....=) Sorry if this was already posted.

MasoN
11-16-2006, 07:47 PM
Finally.....:)

It would probably take another month for them to record it, and another month or two to promote it and stuff.....It should be out IMHO mid Feb!!!

High-five

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
11-16-2006, 09:51 PM
Might as well take this info to 'The New Offspring Album' thread guys...

But yeah, it's awesome news ;) :D

Venom Symbiote
11-16-2006, 09:57 PM
How is it awesome?

We had an update a couple months back telling us they were writing new material and demoing. Wouldn't it figure they'd be recording soon after that? It's been a while.

And we already knew it would be released in 2007. And that Bob Rock would be producing.

So basically it's just the promotional people they hire being lame stating-the-obvious fuckholes. Once again. Nothing new here.

And how does a "fistful" of demos equate to a "buttload"? A fistful could mean 10 or 11 again. I doubt it, I'm sure there are more. But The Offspring don't usually tend to over-write, don't assume they've written 20 or 25 like some other bands do, then pick the 13 or 14 best. They may have written two extras or something.

Llamas
11-16-2006, 09:59 PM
let people be excited about the news. no harm in being happy about a little information, even if it's not that original.

Little_Miss_1565
11-16-2006, 10:01 PM
And how does a "fistful" of demos equate to a "buttload"?

Do you REALLY want me to answer that?

Venom Symbiote
11-16-2006, 10:11 PM
Do you REALLY want me to answer that?

Well, yeah. What's the problem?

That kind of slang could refer to anywhere between like 8 to 20 in this context. I seriously doubt the album is going to have any more than 13 or 14 songs. It might be a "buttload" in comparison to Splinter...but basically, fuck Splinter. Fuck it.

Little_Miss_1565
11-16-2006, 10:16 PM
...actually, the answer is 'anal fisting.' But now it's not funny anymore.

DeAtHsTaR
11-16-2006, 10:17 PM
Well, yeah. What's the problem?

That kind of slang could refer to anywhere between like 8 to 20 in this context. I seriously doubt the album is going to have any more than 13 or 14 songs. It might be a "buttload" in comparison to Splinter...but basically, fuck Splinter. Fuck it.
I think she was implying that a fistful is quite the buttload, if you get my drift. :rolleyes:

Venom Symbiote
11-16-2006, 10:20 PM
Oh ho ho tee hee hee giggles hoo-hah!

Shit, it's a sad day on the forum when it's me taking the high road in the discussion.

Hypodermic_89
11-16-2006, 10:24 PM
Fistful.. Buttload.. Neither tells you a specific amount, so what's the point in arguing? Friggin' stupid.

Llamas
11-16-2006, 10:26 PM
Fistful.. Buttload.. Neither tells you a specific amount, so what's the point in arguing? Friggin' stupid.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Venom Symbiote
11-16-2006, 10:43 PM
That's...what I...was...getting at. :rolleyes:

The douchebag was assuming it meant they were going into the studio with more demos written than for the previous albums. There's a chance, sure, but not a good idea to get your hopes up.

The album will probably be the same length as all the others except Splinter/ST. Between 12 and 14 tracks. With maybe a B-side or two.

Not a B-side or ten.

Llamas
11-16-2006, 11:09 PM
Due to the fact that "fistful" means a quantity that can be held in the hand, and songs aren't something physical that can be held, "fistful" could mean ANY quantity. Had they said "cd-ful", then you'd be right. They didn't, though. It's a colloquial term that's open to interpretation when talking about something intangible like a song. You can NOT figure out how many songs they're talking about when they say "fistful". Think especially about the commercials that term came from... "you'll save a fistful of dollars" was meant to imply that you'll save a LOT of money.

And when you say "that's what I was getting at"... you were getting at the fact that both terms are arbitrary and open to interpretation, so it's pointless to argue? Then why are you arguing that a fistful implies a certain number? Wow.

Venom Symbiote
11-16-2006, 11:29 PM
Oh, come on. Now you're just splitting fucking hairs.

I fully realise it's not a tangible term, you can't take specifics from it. All I was pointing out was that, unlike the kid all excited about it seems to believe, them using the term "fistful" is no guarantee they have any more demos prepared for this album than in 2003 or in 1999/2000 for those records.

It's ambiguous. I agree.

Which is what I said.

Stop nitpicking to make me look like an asshole. You're reasonably intelligent, you knew exactly what I meant. Seriously, quit being such a retaliatory whore. That's my job.

offspring kid
11-17-2006, 12:00 AM
Nice, the best news i have heared through the day....and don't you Fuckers tell me that its not new NEWS and all that crap!. Hope it hits the store in february.....and no more delations...i hope:confused:

Amiralanal
11-17-2006, 12:57 AM
Yahoooooo!!!!

Tijs
11-17-2006, 04:15 AM
I doubt it will be in stores in February. They just entered the studio, and I recall they stayed there for about 10 weeks when they recorded Splinter. It would be too soon, but of course, the sooner the better!

darea
11-17-2006, 04:55 AM
all this shit is just making me impatient for the album....

HeadAroundU
11-17-2006, 05:49 AM
How is it awesome?

We had an update a couple months back telling us they were writing new material and demoing. Wouldn't it figure they'd be recording soon after that? It's been a while.

And we already knew it would be released in 2007. And that Bob Rock would be producing.

So basically it's just the promotional people they hire being lame stating-the-obvious fuckholes. Once again. Nothing new here.

And how does a "fistful" of demos equate to a "buttload"? A fistful could mean 10 or 11 again. I doubt it, I'm sure there are more. But The Offspring don't usually tend to over-write, don't assume they've written 20 or 25 like some other bands do, then pick the 13 or 14 best. They may have written two extras or something.
Stop being Mr.I-know-everything, cowboy. Plus, stop crying.

DeAtHsTaR
11-17-2006, 07:03 AM
I doubt it will be in stores in February. They just entered the studio, and I recall they stayed there for about 10 weeks when they recorded Splinter. It would be too soon, but of course, the sooner the better!

Freese was probably busy....but then again, so is Atom.

DeAtHsTaR
11-17-2006, 07:05 AM

Why don't we ask our friend Fat Boy SamSam??:rolleyes:

78 Water
11-17-2006, 07:47 AM
I think it's interesting that they've officialy confirmed it was Bob Rock and that they are demoing. Cool stuff.

MasoN
11-17-2006, 12:48 PM
Honestly speaking I have no idea what were they doing in the studio for 10 weeks? I doubt that u need that much time to record 30min of new material u 've already written and demoed. Yeah i understand that they might experiment with a sound etc., but still, way too much time.

Tijs
11-17-2006, 12:56 PM
I can totally understand. When I was in the studio with a band, they recorded for two 2 days, 10AM until 1PM and 8AM until 5AM. They had to deal with all the flaws, because they couldn't afford any more time. My guess would be that if the Offspring would notice even the tiniest mistake, they'd re-record a whole track. And I doubt they would work the same hours.

Venom Symbiote
11-17-2006, 04:37 PM
We'll get it in April or May, not February. At the fucking earliest. Think June as the end of the possible timeframe, you Jews.

Llamas
11-17-2006, 04:42 PM
Seriously, venom, stop projecting ideas that you have no idea on as though they are facts.

Venom Symbiote
11-17-2006, 04:45 PM
SILENCE!

It won't be February. Fact. And there's a reasonably reliable source in the New Album thread predicting April. I say April, maybe May.

I will not be questioned by one who likes Llamas. Mortal hussy.

Llamas
11-17-2006, 04:47 PM
too bad I'm pretty neutral on llamas.

I wasn't pissing on you for projecting april... I was because you do this "it will be april. february is impossible! *insert unfunny insult here*" instead of "chances are, it'll be april. february is very unlikely"

Venom Symbiote
11-17-2006, 04:49 PM
I already screamed for silence.

Comply.

Unlikely, impossible, basically the same thing with this band. You know it to be true.

Llamas
11-17-2006, 04:52 PM
I'm actually completely silent right now. So there. And not true. but why can't you ever just admit that every single thing you ever have an opinion on you state as hard fact and try to insult people in the process? It's really not that hard to give opinions without being ultra annoying.

Camilamazed
11-17-2006, 05:07 PM
I don't know if it counts, but I agree with the idea it won't be ready 'till February because we can't forget about Thanksgiving and December. They're definitely going to stop for that, aren't day? Or Am I being dumb?

HeadAroundU
11-17-2006, 05:07 PM
llamas, this is the way he is. He is very restless/anxious, sarcastic/arrogant. I doubt he is gonna change. But he is fun. Don't try to change him. He is awesome as he is. Try to have a fun with him. Well, I can see that he is annoying for you. :D

on topic, yeah, february is a very unlikely.

Venom Symbiote
11-17-2006, 05:35 PM
No, no, no, there is still so very much of the speaking.

HeadAroundU
11-17-2006, 05:37 PM
Hahaha haha hoo-hah tee hee hee tiddlywinks. :D

Venom Symbiote
11-17-2006, 05:44 PM
Stop mocking me, Slovakia.

HeadAroundU
11-17-2006, 06:28 PM
*Arnold voice*
I'm not mocking you, Australia.

Little_Miss_1565
11-17-2006, 06:32 PM
Oh my god, quit it.

ZagmenO
11-19-2006, 07:57 AM
Oh my god, quit it.

NO WAY, MAN! I love forum battlez!!! :D

Little_Miss_1565
11-19-2006, 07:58 AM
NO WAY, MAN! I love forum battlez!!! :D

"Battlez" are one thing. Retard pissing matches are another. n00bsauce.

Grabbal
11-20-2006, 02:56 PM
Cant wait for it;)