PDA

View Full Version : The Republican candidate

the original pyro
12-22-2004, 04:03 PM
This may be two years premature but it's still worth thinking about. Half of these I threw in to complete a list of ten. Please specify if you select 'other'.

EDIT: George Bush refers to George Bush Jr. Note that election of options 2 or 4 requires constitutional amendment

the original pyro
12-22-2004, 08:10 PM
wow. 14 people open it but nobody has the balls to vote. Of course this is a dumb topic I wrote high...

midnightfire582
12-22-2004, 08:14 PM
I said other. Other being none.

Betty
12-22-2004, 08:43 PM
I'm not familiar enough with everyone on the list. I don't think Cheney would do it. Arnold can't do it.

I personally like Juliani, but he wasn't on the list.

nieh
12-22-2004, 09:17 PM
I personally like Juliani, but he wasn't on the list.

Yeah...I was thinking that too. Personally I tend to lean democrat, but Juliani is someone I'd consider voting for (so long as he's not constantly pulling the 9/11 card). He did a good job with NYC before all that stuff happened (and after too, but I'm sick of that stuff and hope by the next election it's no longer considered a major issue)

Betty
12-22-2004, 09:23 PM
I guess you probably know him better than I do... I've just listened to him speak on TV on some occasions and enjoyed what I heard.

I agree that 9/11 should probably not be a #1 issue by 2008... the US should be trying to be making real progress and not just hanging onto old issues, unless they're still relevent. I just don't think people should act like it never happened and wasn't a big deal, because it was.

nieh
12-22-2004, 09:31 PM
In my mind it shouldn't even have been the #1 issue in this past election. That doesn't mean it shouldn't have been an issue though, just that it was being pushed a lot more than it should have been.

Betty
12-22-2004, 09:43 PM
Hmmm... maybe yeah... I can't judge as well about how the whole campaign went... I mostly just watched the debates and saw a few ads on the Internet.

However, it was discussed in another thread about how many people voted on lesser issues such as abortion regardless of where the emphasis was placed.

GreenTerror
12-22-2004, 10:39 PM
Here, there was this prorp that all the voters could vote on at the polls. It was prop 200, about illegal immigration and not letting people get on welfare and other stuff like that without proof that they actually live in the US. The majority of voter in AZ voted yes on it, but it didn't even pass. Nepolitano woulden't let it, stupid cunt. So that whole thing was pointless, and I still haven't heard the end of my mom's bitching about it, but I do agree with her that that's pretty fucked up.

Noodles
12-22-2004, 10:40 PM
The Republicans just fucked Giuliani with the Kerik scandal. Unless that's all forgotten by then (and if it is then so is he), he's out.

I hope they run Jeb. Not a chance of winning.

McCain is too damaged from his 2000 run against Dubya. Although he is the only one I would even consider from this list.

Cheney? No way in Hell.

Schwartzenegger? Nazi ties and allegations of sexual misconduct would garner only the extreme right votes. No way in Hell.

Bill Frist? Bill Who. No way in Hell.

Tom Delay? Indictments don't go over real well with voters.

Condi? No matter how many oil tankers they name after her, she'll never get elected. I, however, might vote for her just because she's black and female. The July '01 PDB entitled, "Bin Laden Determined to Strike Within the US" doesn't look real great on her resume.

Rummy? Have you read any of the reports coming from Iraq lately? No way in Hell. Even Republicans are calling for this guys head.

I'd have to say other. I don't really know who Carl Rove is grooming for 2008, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got Dan Quayle elected next time. Whoever it is, I bet that very few will ever see it coming. I also believe that Dubya and the gang are going to be so much worse over the next four years that Nader could probably beat them in '08.

Noodles is gay
12-23-2004, 04:19 AM
I hope it's Arnold :D

First you have Bush then the terminator, cool.

Wait, I thought you guys only had people born in America who could be president?

midnightfire582
12-23-2004, 09:58 AM
Wait, I thought you guys only had people born in America who could be president?
We do, but Arnold's working on getting that changed

the original pyro
12-23-2004, 11:52 PM
I hope they run Jeb. Not a chance of winning.

Jeb will attract voters in exactly the same way his brother did(which is enough for half the country), for exactly the same reasons. Plus, he has a brain and a key state. You sure on that?

leo3375
12-25-2004, 05:27 PM
Here's what I heard:

Gov. Jeb Bush (He hasn't expressed any interest in running for President, but the Neocons may start grooming him in 2005)
Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger (This would require a change to the US Constitution because only native-born US citizens can run for President. Even though Arnold is a US citizen, he was born in Austria and is currently unable to run for President. He could run for US Senate, though.)
Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani (After 9/11, people loved him, even though reports of police brutality skyrocketed during his 8 years as mayor of NYC)

Because of his appeal mationwide, I think the Republicans are gonna run Giuliani as their Presidential candidate.

Satanic_Surfer
12-25-2004, 10:30 PM
"One day i woke up and were about to go to work, then i said to myself, well... you know, i've done this before, im one of Hollywood's top celebrities and im a governour, so why not become a president too? That's how it goes, with my way of thinking you always aim for the top."

(Arnold Schwartzenegger talking about what drives him to run for president.)

"This is certainly the american dream for me, i came to the USA as a little kid, i saw the Communists panzers spread death and hate when passing by Germany in 1945 and i can still see that terrible picture in my heart."

(Arnold Schwarzenegger handing out sad stories of why he wants to run for president, note that he is lying, the Red's panzers returned to Russia already in 1943.)

Well... to be honest i think his words speak for themselves but really... he does not seem like the person who really "wants to change the world", huh?
Yet, in this thread i voted for him because i do believe he is going to be the new president.
Yes, Terminator, i am in strong belief that he is going to get that nickname if he reaches to become a president, he is not exactly propagating peace, huh?
Let us take a look at his REAL backround, shall we?
During the second world war, little Arnold was still a kid, but his dad fought as one of the "white arian soldiers" for Germany, on Adolf Hitler's side.
Yes, infact his whole family are of Neo-Fascist-Conservative political opinions.
I think the he will be hand picked by the Republicans since he would be the perfect brick in the game of waging wars against non-white countries.
Dont try to deny it, back in the old days, America rent Nazi-soldiers to fight for the Americans, wich they gladly did when the third riech empire fell.
That America is going to recrue another Nazi, but this time for the presidency, is certainly no wonder.
They have done it before and they will do it again.
"That's nto true, America has all kinds of races in the population" you say?
Well i tell you... has it ever occured to you that you white people live in wealthy neighbourhoods while the blacks are forced to live in neighbourhoods where the ceiling may fall into the rest of the buildings at any time?
Have you ever wondered why?
It's not like there are no houses or appartments left in the white neighbourhoods, are there?!
Tricky, tricky, huh? That is all what the "third position" is about, to promote Neo-Nazi opinions backed up by empty promises of "Democratic rights" and a non existing "equality"!
The empire seems to recrue a nazi for president and i usually do not care about party politic because the real power is not in the voters hands, anyone who believes that it is that way though, will play their game very well.
Next time, you guys need a fucking Revolution to stop the madness, i guess the Democrats will have the easiest way to win an election, in a 2-party-system, the opposition needs a good card to play.
I think the Democrats needs to rethink and send someone who speaks the language of the ordinary voters, skip the flashy looks, suits and everything that is required and force the attention upon the actual politics instead!
There is only one thing to do in order to stop the american empire next time and that is to win, and win at all costs!

the original pyro
12-28-2004, 12:37 PM
Here's what I heard:

Gov. Jeb Bush (He hasn't expressed any interest in running for President, but the Neocons may start grooming him in 2005)
Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger (This would require a change to the US Constitution because only native-born US citizens can run for President. Even though Arnold is a US citizen, he was born in Austria and is currently unable to run for President. He could run for US Senate, though.)
Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani (After 9/11, people loved him, even though reports of police brutality skyrocketed during his 8 years as mayor of NYC)

Because of his appeal mationwide, I think the Republicans are gonna run Giuliani as their Presidential candidate.

Juliani needs to have some kind of office first. Hilary Clinton will probably run in 2008, and she has more power over new york than juliani. He is a possibility for a vice presidential candidate, but those aren't important anyway.

Satanic_Surfer
12-28-2004, 08:20 PM
"Those arent important anyway".
What a load of bull!
The vice president is the guy behind the curtains who make the decissions, the president is the guy who speak his words.

greencows12
12-29-2004, 03:50 PM
As much as I don't like big greedy politicians, I hate republicans the most.

Satanic_Surfer
12-30-2004, 02:19 AM
If you dont like greedy bastards, you cant like republicans at all!

leo3375
12-30-2004, 07:19 PM
Juliani needs to have some kind of office first. Hilary Clinton will probably run in 2008, and she has more power over new york than juliani. He is a possibility for a vice presidential candidate, but those aren't important anyway.

Not necessarily. Giuliani is very well-known across the US, so he may have name-recognition to his advantage. Even though he's a private citizen now, he's still a celebrity in many respects.