PDA

View Full Version : Who will finish their album first???

ZagmenO
11-17-2006, 11:12 AM
Here's a fun little "Offspring VS. Green Day" type thread thingy. As you all probably know. Green Day and The 'Spring are working on their next albums. Both of which I'm sure are gonna be big mega smash hitz!!! I wanna hear who you think will put their albums on the shelves first. Will it be Green Day with "The Saints are Coming?" Or will it be the greatest band to ever exist on planet earth, The Offspring? Quite personally, I think it'll be Green Day because they already have their first video out.

Amiralanal
11-17-2006, 11:14 AM
i dont give a fuck. cuz im a tru rebel

Stranger With Candy
11-17-2006, 11:15 AM
blink 182

78 Water
11-17-2006, 11:18 AM
Actually, The Saints Are Coming doesn't look like a song on the new album, because it was recorded with U2, and also, it was just a little get-together thing. Nothing big.

I definately think The Offspring will release thiers first, but I still like Green Day a lot.

Funderful Callan
11-17-2006, 02:26 PM
This Is Easy. The Offspring cause they've started recording and Green Day Have not.

Funderful Callan
11-17-2006, 02:28 PM
Actually, The Saints Are Coming doesn't look like a song on the new album, because it was recorded with U2, and also, it was just a little get-together thing. Nothing big.

I definately think The Offspring will release thiers first, but I still like Green Day a lot.

Yeh It was just a charity single

Call it an Obsession
11-17-2006, 02:33 PM
This is turning into another Green Day thread

Marco
11-17-2006, 02:36 PM
The Offspring, no doubt. Reasons above^

German Andres
11-17-2006, 03:01 PM
The Offspring. As above...

Llamas
11-17-2006, 03:08 PM
Pennywise.

punkrockcowboy
11-17-2006, 05:43 PM
From a business perspective I think it'd be better for there to be quite a bit of time between their releases since they sound alike enough (to the average American) to compete for sales.

Venom Symbiote
11-17-2006, 05:46 PM
ZOMG, business doesn't belong in punk-rawk!

Christ on a stick. WHOAREYOU?

Little_Miss_1565
11-17-2006, 06:03 PM
This is turning into another Green Day thread

It won't, because I'm deleting the trolling. For the people whose posts were deleted, consider it a warning.

bouncingcoles
11-17-2006, 08:58 PM
offspring will obviosly finish there new album before greenday. greenday are taking there sweet ass time and milking there new huge popularity for everything its got. There next album wont be nearly as popular as american idiot (crap) they wont come out with a new album for probobly another year.

Little_Miss_1565
11-17-2006, 09:09 PM
OH for christ's sake, their popularity is not "new." Doesn't ANYONE remember Dookie? Anyone? Bueller?

And doesn't anyone have anything to say besides "the offspring will finish first because greenday is teh sux"?

0r4ng3
11-17-2006, 09:14 PM
And doesn't anyone have anything to say besides "the offspring will finish first because greenday is teh sux"?
Ok, fine. As a fan of both bands, I feel the need to contribute to this retard-fest.

It's pretty simple to realize that the Offspring will finish first because they've actually started at this point. They've been "working" on a follow-up to Splinter for a couple of years now. I don't think the guys in Green Day are even thinking about a new album yet.

Edit: Sorry if all of this has already been said before, but I don't want to look through the rest of the thread. I killed enough brain cells just skimming it.

Venom Symbiote
11-17-2006, 09:21 PM
FERRISBUELLERREFERENCEWINWINWIN.

*deep breath*

Screw the Offspring/Green Day debate lameness, we have Bueller references! Squee!

Bestest movie ever.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
11-18-2006, 01:08 AM
FERRISBUELLERREFERENCEWINWINWIN.

*deep breath*

Screw the Offspring/Green Day debate lameness, we have Bueller references! Squee!

Bestest movie ever.

Are you being sarcastic? 'Cause i think that movie is great :D

JohnnyNemesis
11-18-2006, 01:37 AM
Here's a fun little "Offspring VS. Green Day" type thread thingy.

This is enough to warrant a thread locking and/or deletion.

Manic Subsidal Boy
11-18-2006, 04:42 AM
Indeed, Please Delete. No one really cares who finishes their album first. Cause the Offspring's album will kill the shit outta Green Days emo album

BustedKnuckles
11-18-2006, 04:59 AM
Indeed, Please Delete. No one really cares who finishes their album first. Cause the Offspring's album will kill the shit outta Green Days emo album

And what happens if they go back to the Green Day we all love? The kick ass punk crew from the Bay?

But that's besides the point. The question was who would finish first, and barring some calamity The Offspring will finish their project first.

Manic Subsidal Boy
11-18-2006, 05:06 AM
And what happens if they go back to the Green Day we all love? The kick ass punk crew from the Bay?

But that's besides the point. The question was who would finish first, and barring some calamity The Offspring will finish their project first.

Well that's the obvious thing being the offspring will finish first. It would be good for Green Day to go back how they were like a million years ago. But what ARE the chances with their sucess with their new style and look, to go back?

Come out and smash'em up!
11-18-2006, 06:09 AM
better question which one of these is first Offsprings,Metallicas or Guns and Roses record?

That_Guy91
11-18-2006, 06:34 AM
Well that's the obvious thing being the offspring will finish first. It would be good for Green Day to go back how they were like a million years ago. But what ARE the chances with their sucess with their new style and look, to go back?

1,000,000 =/= 3

Manic Subsidal Boy
11-18-2006, 06:57 AM
better question which one of these is first Offsprings,Metallicas or Guns and Roses record?

Thank you for mentioning that, pretty much in order

Early 07. Offspring
Late 07. Metallica
(Never). Guns N' Roses

Little_Miss_1565
11-18-2006, 07:35 AM
Um, MSB, Chinese Democracy is finished, mixed, mastered, and G'nR are on tour RIGHT NOW supporting it. It's coming out before the Offspring are out of the studio.

DexterWannabe
11-18-2006, 08:09 AM
Elvis

(10)

darea
11-18-2006, 08:10 AM
who cares who releases their album first?

Apathy
11-18-2006, 09:52 AM
Ok, fine. As a fan of both bands, I feel the need to contribute to this retard-fest.

It's pretty simple to realize that the Offspring will finish first because they've actually started at this point. They've been "working" on a follow-up to Splinter for a couple of years now. I don't think the guys in Green Day are even thinking about a new album yet.

Edit: Sorry if all of this has already been said before, but I don't want to look through the rest of the thread. I killed enough brain cells just skimming it.
I remember reading somewhere that they were in fact working on it. They have a bunch of songs written and stuff. The Offsprings' will probably be out first though, they're already in the studio and everything.

I hate to be a dick, but Green Day was never punk.
Mods - Delete this part if you feel the need, because I can see it causing a lot of quarrels.

Biggest offspring fan
11-18-2006, 11:11 AM
It won't, because I'm deleting the trolling. For the people whose posts were deleted, consider it a warning.

Why the fuck was my post deleted? I answered the damn question!!! I have my right to write my option about green day, you don't need to delete it. And btw it took me a long time to write it down.

WebDudette
11-18-2006, 12:36 PM
QQ

I think Offspring will probably drop theres first. But I'am looking forward to both albums.

Jakebert
11-18-2006, 03:48 PM

Green Day started working on their album in September. According to an interview that I read, they're writing and demoing stuff.

AtomMasnyk
11-18-2006, 04:53 PM
The Offspring because there on high demand right now. Greenday sucks

Jakebert
11-18-2006, 05:19 PM
The Offspring because there on high demand right now. Greenday sucks

What? You may not like Green Day, but more people are awaiting Green Day's next album than the Offspring's. Splinter was essentially a commercial failure.

Venom Symbiote
11-18-2006, 05:20 PM
Why isn't this locked?

Yes, Billie Joe's a damn dirty emo, "dey suk", "teh Offspring r betta", we get it.

Away with you. Foolish fools.

DeAtHsTaR
11-18-2006, 05:51 PM
Here's a fun little "Offspring VS. Green Day" type thread thingy. As you all probably know. Green Day and The 'Spring are working on their next albums. Both of which I'm sure are gonna be big mega smash hitz!!! I wanna hear who you think will put their albums on the shelves first. Will it be Green Day with "The Saints are Coming?" Or will it be the greatest band to ever exist on planet earth, The Offspring? Quite personally, I think it'll be Green Day because they already have their first video out.

That's not the name of Green Day's new album.

DeAtHsTaR
11-18-2006, 05:53 PM
Pennywise.

They'll never release a new album, they just keep re-releasing the same one with some slight color changes on the disc.

DeAtHsTaR
11-18-2006, 05:55 PM
Um, MSB, Chinese Democracy is finished, mixed, mastered, and G'nR are on tour RIGHT NOW supporting it. It's coming out before the Offspring are out of the studio.

It's been confirmed that it's not coming out this year.

Little_Miss_1565
11-18-2006, 05:59 PM
Why the fuck was my post deleted? I answered the damn question!!! I have my right to write my option about green day, you don't need to delete it. And btw it took me a long time to write it down.

Um, no, you didn't. You said "this will be fun," went on and on and on about how you think Green Day sucks, and then said you didn't know anything about GD in the studio. Quit being a child. If you want to talk about how much you hate Green Day, take it to Other Bands--not this forum.

WebDudette
11-18-2006, 06:01 PM
Way to triple post Dain, edit button broken?

I'm failry sure there are more people looking forward to Greendays new album then there are for Offsprings.

nameless
11-18-2006, 06:08 PM
id say offspring! its a complete guess though!

JohnnyNemesis
11-18-2006, 06:26 PM
They'll never release a new album, they just keep re-releasing the same one with some slight color changes on the disc.

As much as I love Pennywise, you totally win for this post, dain.

If you want to talk about how much you hate Green Day, take it to Other Bands--not this forum.

We have a generally loose, though established no-bashing Green Day rule in that forum. If we didn't, I guarantee 99% of the posts there would be about how much Green Day suck and would just give everyone a headache. These people are fucking idiots sometimes, I swear.

Little_Miss_1565
11-18-2006, 06:32 PM
We have a generally loose, though established no-bashing Green Day rule in that forum. If we didn't, I guarantee 99% of the posts there would be about how much Green Day suck and would just give everyone a headache. These people are fucking idiots sometimes, I swear.

Goddammit, if I can't foist this bullshit off on you, where CAN I go with it? :mad:

Apathy
11-18-2006, 09:39 PM
Politics.

Just change every instance of 'Green Day' to 'Bush' and it'll work fine.

1: Bush makes me ashamed to be american!
2. stfu bush is more punx than you will ever be.

Manic Subsidal Boy
11-18-2006, 11:49 PM

Deja Vu from 6 years ago

Little_Miss_1565
11-19-2006, 08:04 AM
Deja Vu from 6 years ago

No, I'm not kidding.

Jakebert
11-19-2006, 09:06 AM
Deja Vu from 6 years ago

No, the album was not finished or mixed. It was still at a demo phase. And the band only toured very briefly. They've actually had a real tour this time.

Hypodermic_89
11-19-2006, 10:44 AM
I don't care who releaes their album first, since I don't like Green Day.

RageAndLov
11-19-2006, 02:23 PM

First of all, The Saints Are Coming is for the new Greatest Hits of U2. the song shud actually be called "The Saints Are Coming - U2 feat. Green Day"
i think offspring will release first, i dunno why, i just think so

Kitten
11-20-2006, 04:54 AM
I am pretty certain it would be The Offspring, since Green Day would only be in the writing songs/demoing stage if at all. The Offspring have had quite a headstart on them.

ZagmenO
11-24-2006, 03:44 PM
Well, I didn't know "The Saints are Coming" was just a charity thing. I thought it was a single for an upcoming album. Now, I'm leaning towards The Offspring releasing their album 1st.

TheOldMark
11-24-2006, 05:32 PM
it will be interesting. Right around the explosion of neopunk, green day and offspring were neck and neck. green day came out in late 93, offspring early 94. green day went away for awhile, while the offspring churned out a few more records over the decade. the issue over who started neopunk will never be resolved, just like the ramones and the sex pistals, it all kinda happened at the same time. however, green day has managed to stay widely relevant in the mainstream, as they have shifted to more of a political arena. Offspring should and probably will do the same, and itll be a shame if they dont have at least a few political comments. green days recent success is based off the idea that the punk/neopunk/angry adolescent of 1994 is likely now in his early 20s, is against the iraq war and bush admin, and probably doesnt wanna hear songs about masterbation.

DeAtHsTaR
11-24-2006, 06:18 PM
it will be interesting. Right around the explosion of neopunk, green day and offspring were neck and neck. green day came out in late 93, offspring early 94. green day went away for awhile, while the offspring churned out a few more records over the decade. the issue over who started neopunk will never be resolved, just like the ramones and the sex pistals, it all kinda happened at the same time. however, green day has managed to stay widely relevant in the mainstream, as they have shifted to more of a political arena. Offspring should and probably will do the same, and itll be a shame if they dont have at least a few political comments. green days recent success is based off the idea that the punk/neopunk/angry adolescent of 1994 is likely now in his early 20s, is against the iraq war and bush admin, and probably doesnt wanna hear songs about masterbation.

First of all, both albums came out in 1994. And The Offspring had loads of political songs in the early years.

Venom Symbiote
11-24-2006, 08:28 PM
Neopunk? Did you just use the word neopunk?

Jesus Christ. *Stan voice*

Grabbal
11-25-2006, 01:58 AM
If "the saints are coming" only was a charity thing I think The Offspring are gonna be first out..

Venom Symbiote
11-25-2006, 03:09 AM
Who cares? U2 are the most overrated band ever apart from Nirvana, and Billie Joe's a God-forsaken emo.

Jizzy Jeff Punk Man
11-26-2006, 03:09 PM
I don't care whose comes out first. Because of American Idiot, I'm not willing to get an album by Green Day anymore.

Venom Symbiote
11-26-2006, 03:36 PM
Pretty much the same mentality here, man.

After seeing them live on the AI tour, I'm just ashamed of what they've become. Instrumentally they're still interesting, but their new lyrical direction and brainwashing stage persona just completely made me lose interest. Not to mention instilling a bit of a volatile view towards them.

Seriously, whether or not you still like them, this is a completely different band than it used to be. I can understand how people can be fans of both incarnations of Green Day, fair enough, it's just their new direction does nothing for me whatsoever. I'm glad I never paid for American Idiot and just mooched it off my little brother instead, gave it back after like two listens.

ZagmenO
11-27-2006, 02:03 PM
Well, maybe the style they used in American Idiot was just a 1 time thing and they'll go back to their roots.

Trippy_
11-27-2006, 02:05 PM
Metallica will, yeah for sure, I do agree yes.

Venom Symbiote
11-27-2006, 02:37 PM
I doubt that, Zagmen. The new album won't sound exactly the same, granted, this is a band that always changes at least a little with each new recording, but it will definitely be in the same direction.

Trippy, what the fuck about Metallica? Awfully random of you, where did that come from? If you're applying the "go back to their roots" thing to that band, you're a rhino-banging incestuous knob. They kicked Bob Rock in the ass after all he's done for them, so sure there'll be a change of sound, but you won't be getting "Ride the Lightning" or "Justice" type songs from Metallica again. No way.

They won't change to what they used to sound like, they'll change to something new entirely. Different from all three eras they've had: thrash origins, Load/Reload '90s hard rock,and garage band immaturity.

Load/Reload is still their best period, fuck that the diehard fans say. Those albums are amazing, the hate towards them is misdirected.

Anyway, back to Billie Joe and his band of Merry Men.

ACYD
11-27-2006, 05:28 PM
Metallica is supposed to be working on a new album as well, but most fans have low expectations for it.

Billy Joe is an excellent musician and is worthy competition for the Offspring. However, our boys need to do something to grab some of the attention now that Green Day merch is plastered absolutely everywhere while it's nigh on impossible to find Offspring merch on the East Coast, and most likely everywhere else as well.

Little_Miss_1565
11-27-2006, 08:16 PM
Metallica will, yeah for sure, I do agree yes.

FTFW. I will only accept Metallica comparisons when they are total non-sequiteurs.

ZagmenO
11-28-2006, 07:51 AM
I can see Green Day slowly starting to die down. For starters, they're not even on tour anymore!

Ninty Man
11-28-2006, 09:56 PM
I can see Green Day slowly starting to die down. For starters, they're not even on tour anymore!

MMM... so?:eek:

Llamas
11-28-2006, 10:27 PM

...usually bands don't tour while working on a new album.

Ninty Man
11-28-2006, 11:23 PM
...usually bands don't tour while working on a new album.

Why you always post something that it's in my mind?

TheOldMark
11-30-2006, 12:27 AM

Pretty baseless comment seeing how the offspring arent on tour, and also the fact that bands rarely tour while recording a record.

TheOldMark
11-30-2006, 12:30 AM
However, our boys need to do something to grab some of the attention now that Green Day merch is plastered absolutely everywhere while it's nigh on impossible to find Offspring merch on the East Coast, and most likely everywhere else as well.

well said, that was the point i was trying to make

ZagmenO
11-30-2006, 01:32 PM
Pretty baseless comment seeing how the offspring arent on tour, and also the fact that bands rarely tour while recording a record.

Uhhh...never said the offspring was on tour. My point was that Green Day's popularity is really dieing down. And also that there is a lot less Green Day merchandise nowadays. I had stated that because someone pointed out earlier that Green Day's more recognized than The Offspring. But, seeing as how GD is gettin' to be kinda yesterday, The 'Spring might be able to jump out with all kindsa merchandise & souvenirs and all that jazz!!! While GD is left back in the dust 'til their next album comes out!!!

(LOL, I just now realized. Why do I end almost every sentence in 3 exclamation points?)

Llamas
11-30-2006, 02:37 PM
Uhhh...never said the offspring was on tour. My point was that Green Day's popularity is really dieing down.
But you said that they weren't as popular anymore and that proof was because they weren't on tour. That doesn't make sense and it's not true. Of course they're not on tour. Not being on tour doesn't make you less popular.

And also that there is a lot less Green Day merchandise nowadays. I had stated that because someone pointed out earlier that Green Day's more recognized than The Offspring. But, seeing as how GD is gettin' to be kinda yesterday, The 'Spring might be able to jump out with all kindsa merchandise & souvenirs and all that jazz!!! While GD is left back in the dust 'til their next album comes out!!!

Dude... you don't get it. Green Day is slightly off the radar between albums. Still, if someone said "name one single off the last 3 green day cds", MOST PEOPLE would be able to answer that. If you said, "name a single off the last 3 offspring records", they could give you singles off "americana", but MOST PEOPLE would not be able to answer that. Green Day isn't kinda yesterday. Offspring is kinda 8 years ago, and Green Day is kinda still popular even though they're between records. Plus the release of that U2/Green Day song helped them, too. And the Offspring hasn't been FAMOUS since Americana. Plus, just because Green Day is between records, that doesn't give Offspring a new opportunity they didn't have before. It's not like Green Day being successful somehow prevents Offspring from being so. You are talking like the two are in direct competition, and if one band is famous, the other can't be.

(LOL, I just now realized. Why do I end almost every sentence in 3 exclamation points?)

How does that make you laugh out loud? It should make you realize they're unecessary and that you should remove them. Oh, and don't call them 'Spring. Offspring is only TWO CHARACTERS longer than 'Spring. Plus that's just annoying.

ZagmenO
11-30-2006, 05:32 PM
But you said that they weren't as popular anymore and that proof was because they weren't on tour. That doesn't make sense and it's not true. Of course they're not on tour. Not being on tour doesn't make you less popular.
Dude... you don't get it. Green Day is slightly off the radar between albums. Still, if someone said "name one single off the last 3 green day cds", MOST PEOPLE would be able to answer that. If you said, "name a single off the last 3 offspring records", they could give you singles off "americana", but MOST PEOPLE would not be able to answer that. Green Day isn't kinda yesterday. Offspring is kinda 8 years ago, and Green Day is kinda still popular even though they're between records. Plus the release of that U2/Green Day song helped them, too. And the Offspring hasn't been FAMOUS since Americana. Plus, just because Green Day is between records, that doesn't give Offspring a new opportunity they didn't have before. It's not like Green Day being successful somehow prevents Offspring from being so. You are talking like the two are in direct competition, and if one band is famous, the other can't be.
How does that make you laugh out loud? It should make you realize they're unecessary and that you should remove them. Oh, and don't call them 'Spring. Offspring is only TWO CHARACTERS longer than 'Spring. Plus that's just annoying.

OK, uuhhh, I don't feel like tryin' to separate each quote the way you just did, so here goes:

I didn't say GD wasn't popular solely because they weren't on tour, I said that because American Idiot's gettin' old, their merch is fadin' away, etc. As for the thing about who can name the most singles, People can name singles offa smash & ixnay & americana & even splinter, maybe co1, too. I didn't say their was competition between 'spring and GD, although I do think 'spring can be more popular than GD was if this album gets to be good. Lastly, I thought it was kinda funny how I put exclamation points after things!!!!!!!!!!!! And what's wrong with callin' them the 'spring?

Llamas
11-30-2006, 08:27 PM
I didn't say GD wasn't popular solely because they weren't on tour,
I didn't say you said that. I said that you claimed that not being on tour was PROOF that they weren't popular anymore, which is false.

As for the thing about who can name the most singles, People can name singles offa smash & ixnay & americana & even splinter, maybe co1, too.
If you honestly think that, then you're only asking people who actually get into the offspring. Most people I know don't even know original prankster or hit that, because they weren't NEARLY as popular as boulevard, good riddance, or warning.

I didn't say their was competition between 'spring and GD, although I do think 'spring can be more popular than GD was if this album gets to be good.
You didn't say there was competition? Umm... but you said...

But, seeing as how GD is gettin' to be kinda yesterday, The 'Spring might be able to jump out with all kindsa merchandise & souvenirs and all that jazz!!! While GD is left back in the dust 'til their next album comes out!!!
That's claiming that, now that greend day is out of the way and isn't stopping offspring from popularity, offspring can break through.

And what's wrong with callin' them the 'spring?
It's not their name. Is it okay if I just start referring to green day as 'Day? It's not their name, it's not clever or cute, it doesn't save you time, and it sound ridiculous to be reading their name as "Spring" every time you see it.

ZagmenO
12-01-2006, 08:35 AM
I guess it's easier to say that you're just twisting my words around. Or perhaps you just misinterpreted what I was saying. I don't know. Bottom line, though: I think the 'spring...I mean Offspring will be more popular than Green Day when the new album comes out. Don't get me wrong. I'm not "Green Day" bashing, here. I happen to like GD a whole lot. But, with offspring releasing a brand new album waaaaay after Green Day's previous album, then I think we'll be hearin' a lot more about the 'spring.

The Noose
12-01-2006, 04:00 PM
You guys should add Bad Religion and Rancid into the mix.:eek:

78 Water
12-01-2006, 04:30 PM
Green Day's singles are way more popular then The Offspring's. Me and almost everyone can name almost all of them.

Venom Symbiote
12-01-2006, 11:24 PM
You're great. I wish I could be cool like you, 78 Water.

Come out and smash'em up!
12-02-2006, 12:50 AM
I have at least seen more Offspring shirts here than green day shirts, actually i think i have never seen one. I can remember all the singles from the American idiot, even though i don't listen to green day, cause they've got so much airplay. Before American Idiot i tought Green day was some UG truu Punks, If i had
been an offspring fan .i wouldnt have known that Million miles away,want you bad or
CGMHY are singles, cause these songs didn't get for my knowledge any radio or tv playing here.

The Noose
12-02-2006, 02:49 PM
Green Day's shirts are lame, but original. I own one but I'm afraid to wear it because I'll get either mobbed, mugged, or raped.

I'd gloat all day if I had an Offspring T Shirt. Sonsofabitches in my area don't carry them.

78 Water
12-02-2006, 03:19 PM
You're great. I wish I could be cool like you, 78 Water.

Everybody does.

Camilamazed
12-02-2006, 04:01 PM
Does it really matter?????

Venom Symbiote
12-02-2006, 08:40 PM
I'd gloat all day if I had an Offspring T Shirt. Sonsofabitches in my area don't carry them.

You really need to think about joining up with this century.

Buy them online. Barely any physical stores carry good band tees these days. And the ones that do will feel the need to charge you one testicle in exchange for them.

one_fine_day
12-03-2006, 06:52 PM
offspring cause they dont suck... not green day because.. well you know

ZagmenO
12-04-2006, 10:10 AM
Does it really matter?????

No, it doesn't matter. But, it's fun to hear people compare & contrast the two.

Kitten
12-04-2006, 10:32 AM
Green Day's shirts are lame, but original. I own one but I'm afraid to wear it because I'll get either mobbed, mugged, or raped.

Don't lie, I'll bet you wear it all the time...

ZagmenO, your little nickname really sucks. I actually cringe every time I see it somewhere, and sadly, in this thread, it seems to show up quite often.

ZagmenO
12-04-2006, 10:40 AM
Don't lie, I'll bet you wear it all the time...

ZagmenO, your little nickname really sucks. I actually cringe every time I see it somewhere, and sadly, in this thread, it seems to show up quite often.

My knick name is my 1st & last name combined. I've been calling myself that since '01 or '02. I really don't see what's wrong with it. Besides, Kitten? KITTEN??? I'll just leave it at that. Do yourself a favor and don't criticize other people's knick names unless your's is kickass which, sadly, it isn't. A lot of screen names don't make sense to other's but perhaps to the creator of the screen name it does. Welcome to the internet, young n00b! :cool:

Kitten
12-04-2006, 10:51 AM
I think I may have to clarify, I actually meant you calling The Offspring, 'Spring.

Sinister
12-04-2006, 10:56 AM
Also, the correct word is nickname, not knickname.

Marco
12-04-2006, 11:01 AM
Also, the correct word is nickname, not knickname.
lolz ZagmenO!:rolleyes:

Venom Symbiote
12-04-2006, 01:59 PM
All of ye, be quiet. Yesh. Yesh, ye vil be quiet.

I vil keel you.

Stranger With Candy
12-04-2006, 02:37 PM
My knick name is my 1st & last name combined. I've been calling myself that since '01 or '02. I really don't see what's wrong with it. Besides, Kitten? KITTEN??? I'll just leave it at that. Do yourself a favor and don't criticize other people's knick names unless your's is kickass which, sadly, it isn't. A lot of screen names don't make sense to other's but perhaps to the creator of the screen name it does. Welcome to the internet, young n00b! :cool:

change your god damn fucking annoying signature. and Kitten is a better Knick name(lolz) then ZagmenO.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
12-04-2006, 02:46 PM
I've been calling myself that since '01 or '02.

Haha, who is this guy? Also, his knickerbockername isn't that bad. Edit: I mean, look on the bright side, at least it's not Offspring-related.

Edit: I'll try to make this on topic: Does anyone know what other bands are releasing albums around spring 2007 that make similar music to The Offspring? I want to know who they might tour with.

78 Water
12-04-2006, 02:48 PM
I think it would sound better without the "O". It sounds weird, doesn't fit, and it looks out of place because it is capitalized.

ZagmenO
12-04-2006, 05:19 PM
I think I may have to clarify, I actually meant you calling The Offspring, 'Spring.

Oh, that. Sorry. :o I've been yelled at about that before. Still not sure why. If ya wanna check it out on the "new offspring album" thread, it's on the pages between 250 & 260.

ZagmenO
12-04-2006, 05:21 PM
change your god damn fucking annoying signature. and Kitten is a better Knick name(lolz) then ZagmenO.

What...the dead squirrel grossin' ya out! There were some bloodier ones on google but they were to big to fit.

RageAndLov
12-05-2006, 02:57 AM
While GD is left back in the dust 'til their next album comes out!!!

green day's new album will probably be released soon after offspring's album. so according to you, offspring will be famous for maybe 1 or 2 months?

ZagmenO
12-05-2006, 05:56 AM
I dunno...I thought at first Green Day's album would come out pretty soon, but it seems to me like The "ing's" will come out WAAAAAY sooner since we know they're in the studio and Green Day probably isn't.

Stranger With Candy
12-05-2006, 10:20 AM
What...the dead squirrel grossin' ya out! There were some bloodier ones on google but they were to big to fit.

its too long fucktard.

ZagmenO
12-05-2006, 12:12 PM
its too long fucktard.

Did you even read through the sig? Funny shit in there.

Jakebert
12-05-2006, 12:34 PM
green day's new album will probably be released soon after offspring's album. so according to you, offspring will be famous for maybe 1 or 2 months?

There's room for more than one famous band at a time. And you guys are assuming that the Offspring's new album is guarenteed popularity as long as Green Day doesn't have a new one out at the same time. But, Splinter was not hugely popular, and it came out before American Idiot did. Face it, the Offspring is not that big anymore.

As far as the new Offspring album killing Green Day's in popularity, that's probably not going to happen. American Idiot was huge. Not just in a "hit singles" way, but in a "album that defines a time period" way, whether you want to admit it or not. And that alone guarentees that their new album should be fairly popular, seeing as it brought in tons of new fans, some of which normally wouldn't have even payed attention to that genre of music.

Venom Symbiote
12-05-2006, 01:47 PM
"album that defines a time period"

:p *shudders*

You're right, though. That supposed "rock epic" (*snigger*) pretty much shaped the 12 year olds of today for years to come.

Le sigh. We've got ourselves a newfound generation of hippies. THANKS, Billie-Joe! I wub j00!

Little_Miss_1565
12-05-2006, 06:12 PM
:p *shudders*

You're right, though. That supposed "rock epic" (*snigger*) pretty much shaped the 12 year olds of today for years to come.

Le sigh. We've got ourselves a newfound generation of hippies. THANKS, Billie-Joe! I wub j00!

You speak as though your opinion actually has any influence. Please let me tell you this is very incorrect.

I'm really sick of the retarded flame wars, and I'm even more sick of you starting them. Sickest of all of you fancying yourself the Sin Studly of GOD. From time to time, you actually have well thought out things to say about the band. More of that. Less of this. Thanks.

Venom Symbiote
12-05-2006, 06:14 PM
You're completely right.

I flip out more than a little, and it should stop. Especially when it's just hairbrain almost-ADD outbursts. :(

Still...I was agreeing though...

I just have less-eloquent way of putting it.

offspringing
12-06-2006, 05:39 AM
no one thought about sum 41 there album is coming out sometimes in 2007 and they are recording right now

Overworked & Underfucked
12-06-2006, 09:45 AM
I honestly don't care when and if Green Day ever finish their new album. I haven't enjoyed their music since Nimrod.

ZagmenO
12-06-2006, 09:46 AM
Why people be hatin' GD all the time, yo! Green Day is awesome! But they're no match for Offy in my book! ;)

Overworked & Underfucked
12-06-2006, 09:58 AM
Why people be hatin' GD all the time, yo! Green Day is awesome! But they're no match for Offy in my book! ;)

I never said they were a bad band, I'm just not a big fan of their new stuff.