PDA

View Full Version : What Bob Rock brings to the table

Timmy C
11-17-2006, 01:07 PM
Hey folks,

Just wondering what people think Bob Rock is going to bring to the new album? After watching the VH1 spotlight on 'The Making of the Black Album' it was fairly obvious with what he did with the Metallica sound. Although I'm not saying the album will sound anything like that but I think that he's got a lot of creative ideas and his input might be of value to the new album. And he likes the "bass frequency" according to Jason Newstead, so maybe now Greg will be a little bit more pronounced in the final mix.

Amiralanal
11-17-2006, 01:11 PM
yeah more bass solos

Little_Miss_1565
11-17-2006, 01:41 PM
Though Bob Rock has produced many and varied bands, the one thing that is always there is that everything sounds pretty ballsy and heavy on the low-end. This does not mean bass solos, though, Jojan.

Jojan
11-17-2006, 03:48 PM
More bass, faster drums and worse guitarplaying!

Though Bob Rock has produced many and varied bands, the one thing that is always there is that everything sounds pretty ballsy and heavy on the low-end. This does not mean bass solos, though, Jojan.

Why are you naming me? :S

Amiralanal
11-17-2006, 03:49 PM
and more pissed off fucking lyrics

Jojan
11-17-2006, 03:51 PM
More angry political stuff (even if it will be subliminal) and less angst such as Million Miles Away and Long Way Home.

Amiralanal
11-17-2006, 03:53 PM
were pretty much talking about LAPD

Jojan
11-17-2006, 03:56 PM
lmao. And Kill the President.

Amiralanal
11-17-2006, 04:05 PM
Bob rock looks like fucking asshole

Macko
11-17-2006, 04:06 PM
...with great "Welcome"

Jojan
11-17-2006, 04:13 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c9/Bobrock.jpg
Boob Cock

Amiralanal
11-17-2006, 04:18 PM
doesnt he fucking creep you out?

clocks_R_slow
11-17-2006, 04:35 PM
im just fucking happy that the new album is coming out.. even if this guy does change the sound a little.. i will always like their music.. i mean.. look how much they have changed already.. from selftitle. to splinter... meh just my opinion:cool:

Jojan
11-17-2006, 04:50 PM
im just fucking happy that the new album is coming out.. even if this guy does change the sound a little.. i will always like their music.. i mean.. look how much they have changed already.. from selftitle. to splinter... meh just my opinion:cool:

WTF?! Would you like them if they did 100% hiphop/rnb/crap/shit???!?!??!?!?! :confused: Then you're not an Offspring fan to me.

Amiralanal
11-17-2006, 05:12 PM
i hate that fucking hippie-bullshit.
A band shouldnt change style completely. A sound that differs from record to record i OK, but to change style completely is as worthless as going to a ricky martin-concert. The offspring has slided too far from their original sound. i mean... Hit that.... WTF

Gayman
11-17-2006, 05:26 PM
I just hope that he doesn't change their sound too much. I think that Dexter still has got pretty big word in the sound of the songs? At least I hope so...

Venom Symbiote
11-17-2006, 05:42 PM
What's this about bass solos and pissed-off lyrics? Theproducerdoesn'twritethematerialyougoddamnemus.

He has very little say in whether or not Greg will have little solo bass interludes. That's all Blondey McGee himself.

And Metallica's "Black" album (self-titled you utter titties!) was 15 years ago.

Shut up.

Amiralanal
11-17-2006, 06:13 PM
What's this about bass solos and pissed-off lyrics? Theproducerdoesn'twritethematerialyougoddamnemus.

He has very little say in whether or not Greg will have little solo bass interludes. That's all Blondey McGee himself.

And Metallica's "Black" album (self-titled you utter titties!) was 15 years ago.

Shut up.

i want to kill you.

Little_Miss_1565
11-17-2006, 06:14 PM
Why are you naming me? :S

Whoops, it was actually Amiralanal who said it, not you. Though you're almost the same person, anyway. ;)

doesnt he fucking creep you out?

Coming from you, that's some serious LOL.

Llamas
11-17-2006, 06:18 PM

Actually, producers do have a lot of say. They can't MAKE a band change anything, Thom Wilson HATED "self esteem" and tried very, very hard to get them to not realease it, or to even not put it on the album. after that song went big, the offspring realized that there were issues with epitaph and thom. Also, you might notice the drastic decrease in guitar solos from s/t to ignition... that was thom's doing. the producer does have a say in this stuff...

Camilamazed
11-17-2006, 06:18 PM
I've never been interested to know that before... but would anyone mind telling me what a producer has to do?

Thank you.

HeadAroundU
11-17-2006, 06:21 PM
Camila, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Record_producer. :)

Llamas
11-17-2006, 06:23 PM
A producer:

"In modern electronic music, the producer is often the only person involved in the creation of a musical recording, and is responsible for both writing, performing, recording and arranging the material. The term "producer" is nearly synonymous with "musician" in this field. This change has been partly due to the increase of inexpensive yet powerful music production software, which allows for entire tracks to be composed, arranged and recorded at home on a PC or laptop, allowing the traditional roles of a team of people to be performed by one individual."

"The Music Producers job is to help you get the recording that you want to make. In most cases the music producer is also a competent arranger, composer or songwriter who can bring fresh ideas to your tracks.

As well as making any songwriting and arrangement adjustments, the producer is also in charge of the creative mix. He or she will liase with the sound engineer who concentrates on the technical aspects of recording, whereas the music producer keeps an eye on the overall projects marketability. Some sound engineers also produce.

Encouraging the best musical performance, coaching the artist and directing the backing vocalists are just a few of the mixture of functions that a music producer is expected to perform. They act as a go-between, translating your needs into the techicians point of view and protect the artist and record labels interests.

Their role is essential to record companies and hiring a producer for your album project should be considered if you have a reasonable recording budget. An experienced producer may even help you with contacts to help promote your music and advice on publishing, royalties and other aspects of the music industry.

Producers work in different ways. Some like to take total control of the project, others prefer to collaberate with the artist, musicians and technicians as a creative partner to produce the best track possible and the invisible or documentary style producer records what has happened during a performance with as little influence as possible. The latter type is quite common in classical and jazz circles but less so in rock and pop music."

Camilamazed
11-17-2006, 06:31 PM
Thank you:)

Venom Symbiote
11-17-2006, 06:39 PM
Thom Wilson basically nurtured this band. Of course he was going to have more say in the music than a producer would these days, fuck, the band were all in their early 20's and just happy to even have the chance to be assigned a producer and allowed to put out an album. And he was completely right about the guitar solos, as much as I loved them. They would have definitely stifled their chances at a career.

I didn't know he had issues with "Self Esteem", though. Never heard that before, do you have the interview of whatever Llamas? Hmm, interesting.

Producers with high-profile bands encourage them and suggest things to them, bring it all together. Trust me, a musician of Dexter's stature isn't going to be dictated to by a producer, even if it's Bob Rock. They'll be working together, and if Dexter thinks Rock is talking horse-shit he's going to tell him so.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what Rock wants of the record. If it's conflicting with Dexter and Noodles' ideas (Greg and Atom obviously don't apply, they're robotic musicians of doom), it's not going to happen.

Period.

Suck a dick.

And all that classic Venom Symbiote bastardy.

punkrockcowboy
11-17-2006, 06:40 PM
The last album Bob Rock did (I think) was Liberation Transmission by lostprophets. Being a long time lostprophets fan that cd was kind of a let down, but perhaps that was the band's fault and not his. The CD is bass heavy, and it has an aggresive attitude, but a lot of the songs are very very poppy which counters that aggressive attitude. Kind of sad. I really don't know what he changed about the songs before their final recordings though.

Llamas
11-17-2006, 06:43 PM
Venom, please read the description of a producer, both of the ones I listed. Have you ever been in a studio with a producer? You have no idea how it works. The producer does a lot more than you seem to think.

And yes, the band can say no/turn down whatever they want. But if they piss off the producer by turning everything down, the producer will QUIT and then the band has to find another producer.

I'll try to find that interview sometime.

Venom Symbiote
11-17-2006, 06:45 PM
None of what you just said conflicts with what I just said.

You tampon.

Llamas
11-17-2006, 06:47 PM
Dexter is going to take shit if he knows that arguing everything is going to result in a quitting producer.

And you claimed earlier that the producer doesn't help write the music or decide structures of songs. They DO.

Little_Miss_1565
11-17-2006, 06:55 PM
All of you, relax. The band and Bob Rock (or at least, the band's manager and Bob Rock's manager) talked and talked and talked and talked about whether or not this would work, comparing Rock's working style with what the Offspring are looking for in a producer and if they would be compatible. Dexter has a vision for the band. If he wasn't looking for what Rock has to offer, he wouldn't have gone through all the trouble of contracting Rock.

Some producers are total control freaks. Others are like Steve Albini, who won't even take a producer's credit on a record--he thinks a producer should only be there to get things mic'ed up and sounding good in the studio monitors and then watch the engineer press 'record.' I guess he tries to keep everyone motivated as well.

Venom is right on this one. So what if the Offspring said no to everything and Bob Rock walked out in a huff? They can afford to pull in another producer. But it would be very silly of them to go through the trouble of contracting a producer whose working style would be anathema to theirs.

HeadAroundU
11-17-2006, 07:01 PM
venom, I agree, awesome insight.
llamas, that's interesting about Self esteem. I think I heard about it somewhere.
punkrockcowboy, Bob did a perfect job on Liberation Transmission but the songs are kinda diverse, weird. Some songs are boring and some are amazing. I can't describe it. Maybe, he didn't do so well.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
11-17-2006, 07:07 PM

Once again, Venom actually KNOWS what he's talking about.

Are some of you forgetting the way things are run by Offspring?

-Dexter writes the songs
-Offspring meet in the studio
-Noodles, Greg and Atom will share their thoughts / ideas
-Bob Rock will whine about the size of his penis
-A Great record will be made

The End.

Little_Miss_1565
11-17-2006, 07:10 PM
Once again, Venom actually KNOWS what he's talking about.

It's too bad you don't. Bob Rock is a professional and has made an entire career out of making records, having nothing to do with the size of his penis or whether or not he would whine about it. You can concur without cracking an extremely lame joke.

HeadAroundU
11-17-2006, 07:11 PM
Venom is right on this one. So what if the Offspring said no to everything and Bob Rock walked out in a huff? They can afford to pull in another producer. But it would be very silly of them to go through the trouble of contracting a producer whose working style would be anathema to theirs.
Talking about it. Silverchair's new record is delayed because they weren't happy with the result. The new mixing will start in January with another producer.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
11-17-2006, 07:17 PM
It's too bad you don't. Bob Rock is a professional and has made an entire career out of making records, having nothing to do with the size of his penis or whether or not he would whine about it. You can concur without cracking an extremely lame joke.

You're an idiot if you have just clearly focused on the penis comment.

Bob rock can spread his idea's to Dexter, but he cannot make him DO anything.

-And yes, i am aware that Dexter is likely to "obey" Bob Rock. But he may refuse to make some changes if he wishes. After all, It's The Offspring's record. NOT Bob Rocks.

Little_Miss_1565
11-17-2006, 07:21 PM
No way, really? I didn't get that part the first 10 times it was said in this thread.

Improve the exchange, people! Read what others say.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
11-17-2006, 07:27 PM
Bob Rock is a professional and has made an entire career out of making records

No way, Really!?.... Douche.

Little_Miss_1565
11-17-2006, 07:29 PM
I'm so glad you're taking my request to read so seriously. But since you know he's a pro, maybe you should consider treating him like one, eh?

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
11-17-2006, 07:32 PM
I'm so glad you're taking my request to read so seriously. But since you know he's a pro, maybe you should consider treating him like one, eh?

Ok, i'm sorry.

HAIL BOB ROCK. *Bows before his might and power*

Venom Symbiote
11-17-2006, 07:35 PM
Both of you shut up.

Even though my little evil minion SplinterByMyOwnDesign (yup, I reign supreme, he's my bitch) is supporting my earlier points, L_M_1565 is right here. Plus she's a mod who can ban your ass.

Still, she's right. Bow down.

Bob Wok knows his shit, just as Lord Symbiote does.

I support her statements, and throw aside yours pityingly.

;) :D

CONTROVERSIAL.

Llamas
11-17-2006, 07:36 PM
Just so we're clear, I wasn't trying to say that Rock, or any of the offspring's producers have ever made them do anything they didn't want to. My entire point (though we all got a bit sidetracked) was that producers do help write music and therefore, depending on many things, rock could bring forth bass solos. There's a terrific chance that maybe Rock would say "I think a bass solo would sound sweet here" and give an example, and dexter would say "huh, I never thought about it like that. that's a good idea" and put one in. Just because dexter does the bulk of the song writing doesn't mean that rock won't give any input or help out this time around.

little miss, I love that you brought up steve albini. in my opinion, I think he's one of the best producers that ever lived, and while I don't think he would've been great for the offspring (I think they prefer more production than he gives), I think he's awesome. I'm going to see his band, Shellac, in concert on saturday. I love them. :)

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
11-17-2006, 07:39 PM
My entire point (though we all got a bit sidetracked) was that producers do help write music and therefore, depending on many things, rock could bring forth bass solos. There's a terrific chance that maybe Rock would say "I think a bass solo would sound sweet here" and give an example, and dexter would say "huh, I never thought about it like that. that's a good idea" and put one in. Just because dexter does the bulk of the song writing doesn't mean that rock won't give any input or help out this time around.

That does make sense, i like your views on that, maybe you could answer my question that i posted in 'The New Offspring Album' thread then?

Does Bob like the guitar solo's? I'm sure that was you that posted before, Thom didn't like the solo's and etc...?

Little_Miss_1565
11-17-2006, 08:23 PM
little miss, I love that you brought up steve albini. in my opinion, I think he's one of the best producers that ever lived, and while I don't think he would've been great for the offspring (I think they prefer more production than he gives), I think he's awesome. I'm going to see his band, Shellac, in concert on saturday. I love them. :)

Haha, well, I think he's severely overrated. I can't stand the way drums sound on his recordings, or how he BURIES vocals (the worst being on PJ Harvey's 'Rid of Me'). But I hear he's a rad guy.

noodles_is_cool
11-17-2006, 09:23 PM
WTF?! Would you like them if they did 100% hiphop/rnb/crap/shit???!?!??!?!?! :confused: Then you're not an Offspring fan to me.

your a fuckin knob jockey, that would never happen

punkrockcowboy
11-17-2006, 09:34 PM
venom, I agree, awesome insight.
llamas, that's interesting about Self esteem. I think I heard about it somewhere.
punkrockcowboy, Bob did a perfect job on Liberation Transmission but the songs are kinda diverse, weird. Some songs are boring and some are amazing. I can't describe it. Maybe, he didn't do so well.

I love the first track off Liberation Proclomation: "Every Day Combat". SplinterByMyOwnDesign, that song has a sick guitar solo in it, and it's got a really nice drum breakdown in it too. It could have easily went without those two parts, but it makes the song even sicker. Maybe that is a sign that Bob likes solos? Although I will have to agree with whoever said that Metallica's more recent albums (since the 90s) have had less killer solos, and they worked with Bob Rock on those.

Venom Symbiote
11-17-2006, 10:14 PM
Kill 'Em All, Ride The Lightning, Master Of Puppets, And Justice For All = solos. No Bob Rock.

Self-Titled, Load, Reload = barely any solos. Bob Rock.

St. Anger = solos, but who gives a shit? The album is rotten old man testicles. Bob Rock (but not Bob Rock's fault for its whoreiness, Lars & Hetfield's fault).

:cool: Simple.

Rock isn't about solos, he's about beefy guitar sounds, not individual virtuosos.

Timmy C
11-18-2006, 01:35 AM
Good discussion thus far. What about the idea that he's Canadian and therefore brings everything that is 'Canadiana' to his projects. If you're wondering what Canadiana means, use your imagination. Anyone who can lead a stellar rock band like Our Lady Peace into the US to sell roughly 20,000 copies of their LP must be a proud and honoured Canadian.

Obie2trice
11-18-2006, 03:03 AM
Bob Rock is a legend, I think it`s very interesting how this will affect The Offspring`s sound. It`s a good choice for a producer

RobinoZombie
11-18-2006, 03:12 AM
[QUOTE=Venom Symbiote;923195]
St. Anger = solos, but who gives a shit? The album is rotten old man testicles. Bob Rock (but not Bob Rock's fault for its whoreiness, Lars & Hetfield's fault).
QUOTE]

Where there that many solo's in ST Anger...i dont remember hearing one.

Meh, lets see how it turns out. I Agree with some of you.. I Think its going too be a good album. maybe B+. The Offspring knows their stuff(even if they are trying too clinging on too the catchy songs as Pretty fly, and have since the last two albums tried too make another Pretty Fly) And Bob Rock certantly knows his stuff. he couldnt have made so many albums without any recognition, but the both parties knows their parts.

Little_Miss_1565
11-18-2006, 08:37 AM
Metallica fucking shreds. The Offspring do not shred. Fucking terrible point of comparison for if there will be wanky solos on this record.

Jakebert
11-18-2006, 04:43 PM
Just so we're clear, I wasn't trying to say that Rock, or any of the offspring's producers have ever made them do anything they didn't want to. My entire point (though we all got a bit sidetracked) was that producers do help write music and therefore, depending on many things, rock could bring forth bass solos. There's a terrific chance that maybe Rock would say "I think a bass solo would sound sweet here" and give an example, and dexter would say "huh, I never thought about it like that. that's a good idea" and put one in. Just because dexter does the bulk of the song writing doesn't mean that rock won't give any input or help out this time around.

I agree. A producer's role varies depending on what the band wants, and they hire accordingly. I can't imagine that a band would hire someone as high profile as Bob Rock, who usually seems to have a lot of impact on the albums he produces, if they don't want a decent amount of input.

Venom Symbiote
11-18-2006, 06:25 PM
Metallica fucking shreds. The Offspring do not shred. Fucking terrible point of comparison for if there will be wanky solos on this record.

Definitely.

Producer or not, it's not going to change a fucking thing unless it's the direction tha band wants to go in.

Forza
11-19-2006, 04:47 AM
I saw the list of albums Bob Rock produced and all of them are shit. Oh well, Offspring probably can't do worse than Splinter.

Marco
11-19-2006, 05:51 AM
I saw the list of albums Bob Rock produced and all of them are shit. Oh well, Offspring probably can't do worse than Splinter.
I don't agree. Even if you're talking about St.Anger...well, that was Metallica's drummer fault.The other albums aren't bad (produced with Bob Rock).
P.S. Splinter is a good album.

F@ BANKZ
11-19-2006, 09:22 AM
everything people have posted here takes the form of Americana II to me

0r4ng3
11-19-2006, 09:25 AM
I'm fine with that, as long as it includes Have You Ever II and Staring at the Sun II.

Timmy C
11-19-2006, 11:55 AM
Does anyone know if Rock has worked with anyone since being 'released' from Metallica earlier this year? It says he worked with The Tragically Hip, but I didn't know if that was before or after his release. I'm just wondering whether or not he'll be a little 'fresher' coming into the studio than he has before. Working with Metallica nowadays would suck the life out of anyone.

Venom Symbiote
11-19-2006, 02:39 PM
He's repeatedly said (very diplomatically, heh, understatement) that Metallica is a "difficult band to work with". He's said that ever since the Black album, not just St. Anger.

And I'll totally agree that St. Anger was one of the suckiest pieces of suck ever to grace my ears. But that was Lars and Hetfield headbutting their egos constantly, nothing to do with Mr. Wok.

That being said, I'd have to say apart from OLP and Veruca Salt and even American Hi-Fi to a lesser extent, most of the non-Metallica bands he's chosen to work with over the years have been pretty-much pure feces.

It's really a complete wildcard what he'll do with The Offspring. As much as we speculate, none of us have a clue. Bob Rock can produce in so many different styles we'll just have to wait and see. Looking at his body of work, this isn't something we can even begin to predict.

Jakebert
11-19-2006, 02:53 PM
I really hope he pushes them in a bigger, more serious direction. With Splinter, I felt there's so much potential in what they can do, they're just not being pushed to do it because so many of their fans are content with half-assed generic rock stuff.

nameless
11-19-2006, 03:51 PM
i think things will pretty much sound the same, there may be a slight change in the music but in general the band know what they want and how they like things sounding!

Llamas
11-19-2006, 04:02 PM
i think things will pretty much sound the same, there may be a slight change in the music but in general the band know what they want and how they like things sounding!

Do you really believe this? Do you think that (Ignition Smash) sounded the same as (Ixnay Americana) and that sounded the same as (Conspiracy Splinter)? Each of those album sets had many similarities in sound... and when they went to a new producer, the sound changed a LOOOOOT.

Apathy
11-19-2006, 04:36 PM
Ehh, I think that has more to do with the band's taste in music changing than the actual producers.

Plus I'd consider Americana closer to Co1 and Splinter than Ixnay, soundwise.

Llamas
11-19-2006, 05:20 PM
For real? Americana was not nearly as smoothed out and bland as those two. Americana and Ixnay had a lot in common, in tambre and tone. I don't know.

bouncingcoles
11-20-2006, 08:06 AM
yes im quite excited to hear what bob rock will contribute to the offsprings new album. its been a while since they have used a different producer so it will be a very exciting time. thank god they arent working with Brendon Obrian

Jizzy Jeff Punk Man
11-20-2006, 01:25 PM
The album can't suck, it's The Offspring but I'm not excited, I'm worried. In my opinion everything Bob Rock contributed to Metallica made them suck. Metallica was awesome....until he came into the picture. I'd actually prefer The Offspring to stop the direction they're going, and return to a more rooty sound...like without a techno back-beat. I hope this new album is longer too.

Little_Miss_1565
11-20-2006, 02:09 PM
Guys... Metallica was an entirely different band from the Offspring before they hooked in with Bob Rock. And since Metallica kept going back to him again and again, THEY can't possibly think they sucked with him in the control room. So can we stop wtih the Metallica comparisons? Bob Rock does not turn bands into Metallica--case in point, Nina Gordon.

Jakebert
11-20-2006, 03:09 PM
Guys... Metallica was an entirely different band from the Offspring before they hooked in with Bob Rock. And since Metallica kept going back to him again and again, THEY can't possibly think they sucked with him in the control room. So can we stop wtih the Metallica comparisons? Bob Rock does not turn bands into Metallica--case in point, Nina Gordon.

But Bob Rock means more solos!!!!!!!11 And solos equal good songs!!!zomg.

bouncingcoles
11-20-2006, 04:58 PM
Thom Wilson basically nurtured this band. Of course he was going to have more say in the music than a producer would these days, fuck, the band were all in their early 20's and just happy to even have the chance to be assigned a producer and allowed to put out an album. And he was completely right about the guitar solos, as much as I loved them. They would have definitely stifled their chances at a career.

I didn't know he had issues with "Self Esteem", though. Never heard that before, do you have the interview of whatever Llamas? Hmm, interesting.

Producers with high-profile bands encourage them and suggest things to them, bring it all together. Trust me, a musician of Dexter's stature isn't going to be dictated to by a producer, even if it's Bob Rock. They'll be working together, and if Dexter thinks Rock is talking horse-shit he's going to tell him so.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what Rock wants of the record. If it's conflicting with Dexter and Noodles' ideas (Greg and Atom obviously don't apply, they're robotic musicians of doom), it's not going to happen.

Period.

Suck a dick.

And all that classic Venom Symbiote bastardy.

hahaha i agree

78 Water
11-20-2006, 05:46 PM
Bob Rock sounds like a good producer to me. After he became Metallica's producer, thier sucess SKYROCKETED.

0r4ng3
11-20-2006, 06:03 PM
To be honest, I don't think that Bob Rock will have such a big effect on The Offspring as you all think. I know it's been said before (and I have a habit of repeating stuff like that), but I think that most changes in sound, if any, will come from the band, not the producer.

Jakebert
11-20-2006, 06:04 PM
78 Water, stop now while you're ahead.

Even though it was already said, I feel it necessary to repeat because this board needs to be told multiple times: Metallica is not the Offspring. Those 2 bands have little to nothing in common. Just because the Offspring is using their old producer doesn't mean that the new album is going to come out sounding anything like Metallica, or be as successful. The assumption all of you are going under is that the Offspring essentially has the same aesthetic that Metallica has, when theirs isn't even close.

Basically, what I'm getting at: stop with the Metallica/Offspring comparasions because they mean nothing at all, other than pointless speculation. The only reason I see in keeping this thread going at all is for the amusement I'll get when you kids take your own suggestions too seriously and get disappointed when the album actually comes out.

78 Water
11-20-2006, 06:06 PM
I wasn't comparing. I was just saying that Bob Rock might know his stuff.

Grabbal
11-21-2006, 01:16 PM
As long as they dont go for the Metallica sound...
Which i'm sure they don't:)

H1T_That
11-21-2006, 02:33 PM
Bob Rock is an awesome name.

Venom Symbiote
11-21-2006, 02:38 PM
Yeah, so is Cat friggin' Stevens. What's your point?

H1T_That
11-21-2006, 02:48 PM
Yeah, so is Cat friggin' Stevens. What's your point?

Didn't have one.

P.S, Cat Stevens isn't as cool as Bob Rock.

Venom Symbiote
11-21-2006, 02:59 PM

Your mom's not as cool as Bob Rock, hippy.

H1T_That
11-21-2006, 03:02 PM

Your mom's not as cool as Bob Rock, hippy.

You're 20? Mucho Lolo.

Venom Symbiote
11-21-2006, 03:04 PM
Obviously you didn't pick up on the fact I was mocking the very insult I chose to use.

Nobody does "your mom" jokes in a serious tone. Hence the ellipsis.

H1T_That
11-21-2006, 03:06 PM
Obviously you didn't pick up on the fact I was mocking the very insult I chose to use.

Nobody does "your mom" jokes in a serious tone. Hence the ellipsis.

Nobody does "your mom" jokes at all. Loser.

Venom Symbiote
11-21-2006, 03:20 PM
Britfag.

:p

Little_Miss_1565
11-21-2006, 03:59 PM
Nobody does "your mom" jokes at all. Loser.

Except for your mom.

SNAP!

;)

H1T_That
11-22-2006, 12:29 PM
Britfag.

:p

Yawn.

Except for your mom.

SNAP!

;)

Nice. :)