PDA

View Full Version : This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race

All About Eve
11-17-2006, 03:39 PM
First, it was My Chemical Romance. Now, it's Fall Out Boy. Their new song, "This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race", is about as differet from their normal stuff (if not more than) as WElcome to the Black Parade was for My Chemical Romance. Link to new FOB song. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=oJy5GZoiCuQ) Not as good in my opinion, but just as different.

Both two of the bigger bands in their type of music, the sort of emo/scene, but now both have gone away from that. Will more bands follow? It was Fall Out Boy that basically introduced Panic! At the Disco into bigtime, so will P!AtD follow? Or are these both just experimental albums for both, and will soon be forgotten when the bands go back to their original style? Hopefully, this is a trend that will continue.

Apathy
11-17-2006, 03:43 PM
It's terrible. I was never a fan, but this song I find more annoying than anything they've ever released combined.

I hope other bands do follow suit though, just because it'd prove they're all trendhoppers.

Llamas
11-17-2006, 03:44 PM
still has a really gay long title like the old songs :P

Anyway, I can't listen to the song now cause I'm at work... but I think the emo scene is fading. My emo sister and her emo friends are now suddenly into snow patrol and the killers, and are selling their fallout boy and taking back sunday cds. I think some of the biggest names on modern emo are realizing their days are numbered and they're changing their styles, but I could be wrong. I wonder what will happen with bands like taking back sunday and hawthorne heights will do... they're not talented enough to pull of anything new, I don't think...

T-6005
11-17-2006, 03:48 PM
Reminds me of the turn Matchbook Romance took on their Monsters album. Particularly the song Monsters.

Llamas
11-18-2006, 02:19 AM
Oh my god, this is awful. It seriously sounds like an nsync song. However, plus side is that you can actually understand him in this song. It's very boring, though. I rather kind of like their old music... not a fan of this, though.

Autonomist
11-18-2006, 04:59 AM
Definitely true about the whole emo thing dying out. My friend who was into emo has swapped his MCR and The Used CDs for the likes of Anti-Flag and Propagandhi, not that either of those bands are much better though.

Llamas
11-18-2006, 05:08 AM
I actually like the Used, and I'm not a fan of emo. I think they're actually good. Perhaps I'm lame? They put on a good show, though, and they're pretty diverse musically.

Manic Subsidal Boy
11-18-2006, 05:14 AM
Speaking of Anti-Flag, what makes people think they're Emo?

0r4ng3
11-18-2006, 05:18 AM
In this day and age, everything has been considered emo at some point or another.

Manic Subsidal Boy
11-18-2006, 05:23 AM
In this day and age, everything has been considered emo at some point or another.

Yeah true eh. im fully sick to shit about the word emo. In the 80's it was pretty sweet, with Ian MacKaye in Embrace and stuff. But now it's shit with pop punk bands, black fingernails, hair, eyes and shirts.