PDA

View Full Version : Fan of The Offspring or their music?

Jojan
11-17-2006, 04:58 PM
Are you a fan of The Offspring, as a band, or their music. What's more important. I know it's a difficult question. But what if they would change style completely? Many of us couldn't imagine The Offspring without Ron, but it's working out really good. Would you still love The Offspring if they changed to (in your opinion) crappy music?

78 Water
11-17-2006, 05:11 PM
If they went to crappy music, I would know in my heart that I would not like them as much, but I also know my mind would not be able to contrieve an idea of that sort. I voted for I like them because of thier music. But I also love the band as well.

Tijs
11-17-2006, 05:13 PM
Easy, their music. That's what got me into them, that's why I'm still listening to them and that's why I can't wait for the new album.

Llamas
11-17-2006, 05:16 PM
I can't imagine liking a band for the people more than for the music. That's just weird.

Gayman
11-17-2006, 05:31 PM
Well. The music is the more important part. BUT, if they start to wear eyeliner and mascara (like green day, good charlotte) I would kill my self(not literally, even when some of you would like that;) ). I would abandon the band for that, even if their music would still be good. So, I really can't answer this question....but I did anyway (voted music) :p

HeadAroundU
11-17-2006, 05:32 PM
Well, this is a really lame thread.

Gayman
11-17-2006, 05:34 PM
Aren't they all.

It's really hard to invent new threads. Everything's been done already.

HeadAroundU
11-17-2006, 07:26 PM
Aren't they all.

It's really hard to invent new threads. Everything's been done already.
Are you fuckin' kidding me? :D

Smoky_Mc_Weed
11-17-2006, 07:31 PM
lol, no one vote the offspring as a band and i think that's good, i'm agree whit ilovellamas, liking a band for the people more than for the music it's weird

bouncingcoles
11-17-2006, 10:02 PM
i voted as i like the band because i mean they have been my fav band since 6th grade and i obviosly love the music but splinter was pretty fucking shitty except for like 3 songs but they are all around great guys and play a great live show and have plenty of other albums i love so i overlook it

bouncingcoles
11-17-2006, 10:03 PM
Well. The music is the more important part. BUT, if they start to wear eyeliner and mascara (like green day, good charlotte) I would kill my self(not literally, even when some of you would like that;) ). I would abandon the band for that, even if their music would still be good. So, I really can't answer this question....but I did anyway (voted music) :p

when bands wear eyeliner and mascara it makes me want to shoot myself. im so glad offspring dont do that

Acoustic1804
11-17-2006, 10:44 PM
Well, this is a really lame thread.

I haven't ever seen you post an interesting thread. Not once.

Marco
11-18-2006, 01:11 AM
Both.
blablablablabla...

Venom Symbiote
11-18-2006, 01:36 AM
I like them for their shoes.

Is that so wrong? Is it a crime to buy a group's CDs because you think their footwear is just plain FUNKY? :(

Marco
11-18-2006, 03:01 AM
I like them for their shoes.

Is that so wrong? Is it a crime to buy a group's CDs because you think their footwear is just plain FUNKY? :(
....I love Greg's converse....awesome. I have them too!

Manic Subsidal Boy
11-18-2006, 05:51 AM
when bands wear eyeliner and mascara it makes me want to shoot myself. im so glad offspring dont do that

Is that direct just to Emo music; or does that include Glam bands like Motley Crue and Aerosmith aswell?

HeadAroundU
11-18-2006, 08:07 AM
I haven't ever seen you post an interesting thread. Not once.
That's because you are nigger!

skiddles824
11-18-2006, 08:28 AM
i like them for there music and the band i voted for the music cause thats what got me into them!(thank god for why dont you get a job!)

darea
11-18-2006, 08:32 AM
I voted that I like them for their music, in 94 I knew more their music than the band and as time goes by well I can like them for both. If dexter and the other members started wearing eyeliner it would piss me off but if they still did good music it wouldnt stop me from listening of course

ZagmenO
11-18-2006, 03:07 PM
I'm a fan of both.

WebDudette
11-18-2006, 03:16 PM
Unless you are personal friends with the band members how could you possibly like them over the music?

Smoky_Mc_Weed
11-18-2006, 05:26 PM
Unless you are personal friends with the band members how could you possibly like them over the music?

that's what i say, is stupid to prefer them over their music, i don't understand why some people voted that prefer they as a band

AtomMasnyk
11-18-2006, 05:42 PM
I like em both. In my opinon you gotta like the members and the music of the band. You could have a great movie, but if the actors a dick, then it ruins the movie

Sorta like Tom Cruise

AtomMasnyk
11-18-2006, 05:43 PM

Come on...If your a big enough fan of them you can tell if there nice or not. I have seen plenty things on them. They all seem like great guys. Its hilarious when you see Dex laughing cause hes the man.

Llamas
11-18-2006, 05:53 PM
They all seem like great guys.

that's the point.. they SEEM like great guys. I thought the members of static x seemed like awesome guys until one of them went to jail for kidnapping and raping young girls. I'm not saying the offspring would do anything like that, but I'm saying that what someone you don't know SEEMS can easily be very wrong.

AtomMasnyk
11-18-2006, 05:56 PM
that's the point.. they SEEM like great guys. I thought the members of static x seemed like awesome guys until one of them went to jail for kidnapping and raping young girls. I'm not saying the offspring would do anything like that, but I'm saying that what someone you don't know SEEMS can easily be very wrong.

I have to give you that.:D . Very good point. I sometimes think about that. I was like what would it be like if the like Noodles killed someone. Like outta my years of being a loyal fan I have heard that the band treats there fans well. Some Examples
1.Pumpkin Carvings
2.Backstage
3.Talking to members before show
4.Vans warped tour signing
Stuff like that makes them different. But on your point, that is correct. You never know what could happen. But theyd never let us down. They been friends since cross country practice, dont think things would change now:)

WebDudette
11-18-2006, 05:58 PM
Come on...If your a big enough fan of them you can tell if there nice or not. I have seen plenty things on them. They all seem like great guys. Its hilarious when you see Dex laughing cause hes the man.

Of course they seem like nice guys but that doesn't mean it's so. They don't want the media and there fans to think they are cunts.

Also, I could personally know the members of a band and hate there guts but still enjoy therem usic.

AtomMasnyk
11-18-2006, 06:07 PM
Of course they seem like nice guys but that doesn't mean it's so. They don't want the media and there fans to think they are cunts.

Also, I could personally know the members of a band and hate there guts but still enjoy therem usic.

Wow I give you props then. I saw the video (and heard the story) about Tom Cruise getting squirt with the microphone water gun during a prank interview, he threatened to press charges and he was a dick. After that I couldnt watch any of his movies.

Yea they could be acting but if you go on youtube and watch some of there Rare shit you can see some of there true sides and it doesnt look that bad.

WebDudette
11-18-2006, 06:09 PM
They definetly seem like good guys and I bet they are but that's not why I like them. Hell, I could care less how they act if they make good music.

AtomMasnyk
11-18-2006, 06:11 PM
They definetly seem like good guys and I bet they are but that's not why I like them. Hell, I could care less how they act if they make good music.

Yea I get what you mean. I totally understand. It's just a bands a band, there personality outside the band is what makes them favorites.

Llamas
11-18-2006, 06:14 PM
Yes, but you didn't say "hey! the offspring seems like a group of really cool guys! I like them!" and then later decide the music is good. You like them for the music before you bother to check out their personalities.

Venom Symbiote
11-18-2006, 06:24 PM
But...Noodles kidnaps and rapes young girls, too.

Didn't you know?

Smoky_Mc_Weed
11-18-2006, 06:40 PM
I like em both. In my opinon you gotta like the members and the music of the band. You could have a great movie, but if the actors a dick, then it ruins the movie

Sorta like Tom Cruise

i liked their music before i know their personalities, and i really don't care their personalities if they make good music, i listen to the offspring because i like the music they make, no because they seem like great guys, i don't want they as friends, i just want to listen their music

Gayman
11-19-2006, 09:11 AM
Are you fuckin' kidding me? :D

Yes. Actually I am.

F@ BANKZ
11-19-2006, 02:27 PM
I remember when i was dead into my first album and i'd never heard of the offspring or heard an interview, i went on google video and watched an interview and before it thinking: it doesn't matter who they are or what they look like they're kick ass. So happend they were ace people too. But i guess because of that it's music for me

TMDGJ
11-19-2006, 06:37 PM
Seriously, Dont you like a band because you like the music? What other reasons are there why you like a band. SO tha answer is easy, As long as Offspring does great music i will love them, Of course i wouldnt love them anymore if they would start playing country or something else, I would though still love the old stuff, Like i do with Metallica, I like the old stuff theyve done but i truly hate their latest album. I like all Offsprings albums so far though.

Jizzy Jeff Punk Man
11-19-2006, 08:14 PM
Even their new music does suck, I'd still listen to their old music. I'm the same way with a lot of bands.

FrancoDaHui
11-19-2006, 10:39 PM
I can't imagine liking a band for the people more than for the music. That's just weird.

if you're a dude, more like gay

Llamas
11-19-2006, 10:52 PM

only if you're a guy and it's a band of guys. if you're a girl and it's a band of girls, equally gay.

Venom Symbiote
11-19-2006, 11:38 PM
What if you're a tranny, like Pena?

*Cheap shot fix of the day*

Grabbal
11-20-2006, 03:39 PM
Of course I like both of them, but it wouldnt have been the same without their good ( friggin awesome ) music;)

WebDudette
11-20-2006, 03:42 PM

What if you are just firends with the band but hate the music they play?

bouncingcoles
11-20-2006, 04:49 PM
Is that direct just to Emo music; or does that include Glam bands like Motley Crue and Aerosmith aswell?

mostly just emo shit bands

Hypodermic_89
11-20-2006, 11:10 PM
I care more about the music, but I wouldn't want Dexter, Noodles or Greg to leave band.

Living in Chaos
11-21-2006, 02:05 AM
I just care about Dexter's hot sauce.

Llamas
11-21-2006, 02:08 AM
the options should be "the band" "the music" or "the manboobs".

zacsta
11-21-2006, 02:33 AM
i voted the band, but i suppose its the music that got me interested in them first. but i still immensely like the music too.
but sometimes i think, what if a band i hate, like simple plan, sang a good song by the offspring, like the kids arnt alright, instead of the offspring having at as song. would i still hate the song simply because its by simple plan, or would i like the song cos its good? :confused:

Venom Symbiote
11-21-2006, 02:27 PM
I still say it's for the shoes.

And yes indeedy, now the chili sauce.

Grabbal
11-23-2006, 01:20 PM
I still say it's for the shoes.

And yes indeedy, now the chili sauce.

YEAH:cool:

Venom Symbiote
11-23-2006, 04:11 PM
Stop reviving topics that don't need to be revived, you goddamned Tellytubby.