PDA

View Full Version : Tenacious D - The Pick Of Destiny

H1T_That
11-18-2006, 03:46 AM
I reccommend people check this album out, its really good. Very funny and some catchy riffs.

Favourite tracks, Classico, Beelzboss and History.

Stranger With Candy
11-18-2006, 03:47 AM
i dont like the music that much but i am going to see the movie, it seems pretty funny.

Llamas
11-18-2006, 04:08 AM
I got sick of the song "the pick of destiny" really fast, but I've been meaning to check out the album. I don't have high hopes, though... the self titled will go down in history as pure classic.

Little_Miss_1565
11-18-2006, 07:40 AM
My coworker ran out and bought it for us and then put it on in the office. No work got done at my desk, because I was laughing too hard. Fucking brilliant.

H1T_That
11-18-2006, 08:41 AM
I got sick of the song "the pick of destiny" really fast, but I've been meaning to check out the album. I don't have high hopes, though... the self titled will go down in history as pure classic.

I'd say that song is the weakest on the album, definatley check the rest of the album out.

opivy21
11-18-2006, 09:10 AM
I'll still need to check that out.

As for the movie, it looks awful from the previews, but I'm sure it will be good. I guess you can't show the good Tenacious D material in a trailer.

Venom Symbiote
11-18-2006, 05:06 PM
I'm awaiting the movie like a Jew awaits no more Palestinians.

Autonomist
11-20-2006, 04:01 AM
It's an alright album, I'll probably like it more giving it a bit more time. Come to think of it, I'll probably love it after seeing the movie. Kickapoo and Beelzeboss are both great, and P.O.D. has finally grown on me.

BIG Nicky
11-21-2006, 06:10 PM
The new album is great, but too short compared to the debut. But sometimes short is better. Anyways a truly worthy soundtrack. I'm glad History was re-recorded for it. :D

- -Lauren- -
11-22-2006, 12:43 PM
That song "The Pick of Destiny" bugs the crap out of me. I heard the first half of the song on TV then changed the channel. I think it actually looks pretty lame. Jack Black seems to be lowering himself. From School of Rock and King Kong to....Nacho Libre?

I don't know. It's all just personal opinion to me.

Venom Symbiote
11-22-2006, 02:27 PM
Nacho Libre was pretty hilarious. It had Mexican folks.

- -Lauren- -
11-22-2006, 02:52 PM
Nacho Libre was pretty hilarious. It had Mexican folks.

Well I guess since it was from the creators of "Napoleon Dynamite" that kinda ruined it for me, since I absolutely despised that movie. But Jack Black in spandex...isn't funny. More on the brink of, "I hope I don't throw up."

Venom Symbiote
11-22-2006, 02:56 PM
I couldn't stand Napoleon, either.

Overrated like a Timberlake.

T-6005
11-22-2006, 11:48 PM
It was horrible, pure and simple. I'm amazed it ever got made. Same with most Will Ferrell or Ben Stiller movies.

WebDudette
11-23-2006, 12:48 AM
I actually kind of want to see the newest Will Ferrel movie but all the others are just crap. Same with all the Ben Stiller movies I have seen.

I want to see Pick of Destiny and I want it to be good but I don't think it will be.

Venom Symbiote
11-23-2006, 02:37 PM
The thing with Will Ferrell and Ben Stiller is, they're fucking genius comedians when at the height of their capabilities.

It's just a shame they seem to be prone to making a lot of bullshit in between the greats.

I mean, come on, Anchorman, Zoolander, and the original Meet The Parents are awesome beyond belief.

Revolver-2005?
11-23-2006, 02:56 PM
I saw the movie yesterday and was actually surprised...it was pretty damn funny. The music was great too, except I was expecting more rocking out then what was actually given.

Worthwhile album/movie