PDA

View Full Version : Offspring- Trivia

Evka.pl
11-18-2006, 11:28 AM
hey guys. i have an assignment 4 my information technology lessons... yep, that's right, i gotta make my own web site. so i made a site devoted to our fav band.

right now i'm working on my trivia section and i thought maybe u guys could give me some interesting info about the band .

to be honest i know a few things about dexter (that he's a pilot...and was a candidate for PH.D....). but maybe u know sth about the other band's members? anyways if u know sth, please post it here . thank you in advance 4 your help:)

Marco
11-18-2006, 12:13 PM
Kevin Wasserman was born the 4th of February in 1963 in Los Angeles. When he was 26 he was almost killed by a SkinHead, and many people thought he was dead. A curiosity: at the beginning he hadn’t become a member of The Offspring because of his abilty in playing the guitar but because he was 21, an age when in America you can buy alcohol legally!

Gregory David Kriesel was born on January 12, 1965 in the Orange County. He went to school with Dexter (as well as Noodles) and is keen on sports , in fact he particlary likes golf. He collects caps.

Marco
11-18-2006, 12:14 PM
Ronald Welty was born the 1st of February in 1971 (Orange County, USA) and frequented the Pacifica High School with Dexter, Noodles and Greg-K. He’s vegetarian and smokes just “light” cigarettes. In 2003 he leaves The Offspring to dedicate at an alternative project: a new upbeat band called Steady Ground.

Evka.pl
11-18-2006, 12:22 PM
wow thx. noodles was almost killed by a skinhead??? :eek: i've never heard that one before!

Marco
11-18-2006, 12:25 PM
You're welcome.
Atom is the most unknown member....if I find out anything I'll inform you;)
But I am sure he has a wife. On iTunes celebrity playlist he talks about a song which his wife likes to play in the morning...

Evka.pl
11-18-2006, 12:38 PM
You're welcome.
Atom is the most unknown member....if I find out anything I'll inform you;)
But I am sure he has a wife. On iTunes celebrity playlist he talks about a song which his wife likes to play in the morning...

you're righ-little is known about atom. i'm not really interested in their personal (family) lives though. however, intersting events they participated in, their achievements , likes and dislikes etc will be very much welcomed. ;* thx again

oh and btw if u'd like to check out the site (warning: it's my 1st site , and i suck at HTML stuff...) anyways it's www.offspring.cba.pl

after i add the info from u , i'll mention your name on the site if u like:)

Marco
11-18-2006, 12:49 PM
hey thanks, that's nice of you!:)
Anyway, I know he has got several tatoos, ahs a plump bulldog, he lives in Van Nuys (OC) and likes snowboard, mountain bike and auto-tuning.

Tijs
11-18-2006, 01:07 PM
Marco, I'm sorry but I'm going to have to remove some of the information since it's about their personal lives. We're not allowed to talk about that on here.

Amiralanal
11-18-2006, 01:36 PM
I don't know how this translation will turn out, but it's atleast something...
I skipped the parts not involving The Offspring.

"The Offspring vocalist Dexter Holland was drunk and appeard dangerous when he left Café Opera and met the Big Brother star Linda Rosing. His bandpartner, guittarist Noodles, was so drunk he had to be led to the waiting transport to the hotel.
The celebreties' afterparty at Café Opera after yesterdays musicaward in TV3 got out of control.

-It was (ehh...?) and fighting. They threw glasses at us and hit towards me, says Big Brother-Linda Rosing to Expressen (Swedish newspaper) tonight.
<....some shit....>
When Linda was going to interview the american punkband Offspring's singer Dexter Holand he pushed her away. Then the bodyguards went to attack against Linda.
-All the ones from USA acted like real assholes, says Team Paparazzia's Richard Nilsson.
-The bodyguard just lift me up! The guys where rude and (?), says Linda Rosing.
<...some shit about Enrique Iglesias...>
Accoarding to someone, the punkband Offspring got so drunk they where lifted out of the bar.
<...some shit saying that the police arrived...>"

There you go.

from a swedish magazine. translated by mannen som blev en gris

Amiralanal
11-18-2006, 01:39 PM
it happened after the swedish hit music awards in 2003

Tonza
11-18-2006, 02:22 PM
You should visit wikipedia, there are some interesting facts, but remember to look if there's some reliable source. (There might be some bullshit also included)

DeAtHsTaR
11-18-2006, 02:35 PM
[COLOR=red] When he was 26 he was almost killed by a SkinHead, and many people thought he was dead.
]
He was stabbed, but he wasn't almost killed.

Stranger With Candy
11-18-2006, 02:56 PM
from a swedish magazine. translated by mannen som blev en gris

hehe, fucking drunk.

Emily_offspring_fan
11-18-2006, 04:55 PM
Evka, congratulations for the web site, it's really amazing, continue with the good work! I saw you put in the fan art section things of you and Forcyn.

AtomMasnyk
11-18-2006, 05:02 PM
He was stabbed, but he wasn't almost killed.

He was stabbed? Was it like a crazy stab? Or like somthing you can walk off. How long ago was this?
Can I get some details?
Thanks;)

hobojoe44
11-18-2006, 09:49 PM
He was stabbed in the shoulder it was at a late 80's show i think.

http://www.edge.ca/station/ongoing_history_of_new_music.cfm?recID=21&ell=8943&pge=1#

Its on the "Monsters Of New Rock: The Offspring"

It has that and other not really well known stuff

DeAtHsTaR
11-18-2006, 10:05 PM
He was stabbed? Was it like a crazy stab? Or like somthing you can walk off. How long ago was this?
Can I get some details?
Thanks;)

I'm not too sure about the details.

Marco
11-19-2006, 01:56 AM
Marco, I'm sorry but I'm going to have to remove some of the information since it's about their personal lives. We're not allowed to talk about that on here.
Ok, I didn't know that....sorry!

Evka.pl
11-19-2006, 02:56 AM
Evka, congratulations for the web site, it's really amazing, continue with the good work! I saw you put in the fan art section things of you and Forcyn.

aww shucks, thank you :o

back to trivia:
i came across contradictory info about dexter's Ph.D, one source says he has the degree other that he was just a candidate...i'm not sure what the truth is..on my site i wrote he was a candidate though....

as 4 noodles, this is teribble>>gettin' stabbed and all. guess it's not easy to be a rock-star...

Emily_offspring_fan
11-19-2006, 07:10 AM
No, he's just a candidate. I remember reading an interview in which Dexter talks about his PhD. If you want I can try to find it.

Evka.pl
11-19-2006, 08:26 AM
thank you guys for all your help;)

darea
11-19-2006, 08:52 AM
you could try and download the unauthorised biography "maximum offspring" that just gives you the offspring biography and its quite complete, not much about personal life, mostly about the band, its an audio cd, english voice, so I guess If you don't like the english accent you'll just have to do with it

Evka.pl
11-19-2006, 09:14 AM
you could try and download the unauthorised biography "maximum offspring" that just gives you the offspring biography and its quite complete, not much about personal life, mostly about the band, its an audio cd, english voice, so I guess If you don't like the english accent you'll just have to do with it

thx for the tip:)

btw, by saying english accent , u meant the american one, right? that's fine by me, i've chosen that accent on my phonetics classes anyway :)

darea
11-19-2006, 09:20 AM
no I mean english like british like london accent

Evka.pl
11-19-2006, 09:25 AM
no I mean english like british like london accent

ooh so it is british? that's weird since offspring r an american band. i know most of the ppl mean 'british' when saying 'english accent' but i was misled by the fact offspring r from the US. well gotta get use to the british as well:)

Hypodermic_89
11-19-2006, 10:47 AM
hey guys. i have an assignment 4 my information technology lessons... yep, that's right, i gotta make my own web site. so i made a site devoted to our fav band.

right now i'm working on my trivia section and i thought maybe u guys could give me some interesting info about the band .

to be honest i know a few things about dexter (that he's a pilot...and was a candidate for PH.D....). but maybe u know sth about the other band's members? anyways if u know sth, please post it here . thank you in advance 4 your help:)
I just had to ask.. How come you can write the word "assignment", but you shorten "something" to "sth"..? I just found that kinda weird :]

Evka.pl
11-19-2006, 11:12 AM
I just had to ask.. How come you can write the word "assignment", but you shorten "something" to "sth"..? I just found that kinda weird :]

cause i don't know the abbreviation for 'assignment':D i often use abbreviations like sth , nth or ppl instead of something, nothing , people (it helps me note quickly during my lectures and i use it on web boards and forums as well:)

hope that clears it up:)

back to trivia ...? ;]

German Andres
11-19-2006, 11:59 AM
* Which of the following is not on the album "Splinter"?
* What is the song "Spare Me The Details" about?
* Dexter Holland's real first and middle name are...
* The 5th Album, Americana, was originally supposed to be called what?
* Dexter's wife Kristine Appeared in the video for which song?
* What was the release date of Americana?
* My birthday is February 1. which member has the same birthday as me?
* Ron didn't join the band until he was age...
* In the summer '99 comedy horror film 'Idle Hands' starring Devon Sawa, Seth Green, and Vivica A. Fox, the band appeared playing two songs, a cover of the Ramones' 'I Wanna Be Sedated' and their own song...
* Which is NOT true about Noodles when he joined the band (originally called Manic Subsidal)in 1985?
* What is Dexter Holland's REAL first name?
* What kind of seniority did Noodles have over Dexter when Dexter was in high school?
* Which college did Dexter attend?
* What brand of drums did Ron use in the Original Prankster video?
* Which kind of guitar does Dexter most often use?
* After getting kicked out what band's concert did Dexter and Greg decide to form a band of their own?
* Which of the following was the first single in the US from the CD?
* In what year did The Offspring form a band?
* Which Offspring single reached number 1 on the US charts?
* What is the name of The Offspring's fourth album?

That`s some things I found. Wish they helped you and good luck with the project!

Evka.pl
11-19-2006, 12:04 PM
* Which of the following is not on the album "Splinter"?
* The 5th Album, Americana, was originally supposed to be called what?
* What was the release date of Americana?
* My birthday is February 1. which member has the same birthday as me?
* Ron didn't join the band until he was age...
* In the summer '99 comedy horror film 'Idle Hands' starring Devon Sawa, Seth Green, and Vivica A. Fox, the band appeared playing two songs, a cover of the Ramones' 'I Wanna Be Sedated' and their own song...
* Which is NOT true about Noodles when he joined the band (originally called Manic Subsidal)in 1985?
* What kind of seniority did Noodles have over Dexter when Dexter was in high school?
* Which college did Dexter attend?
* What brand of drums did Ron use in the Original Prankster video?
* Which kind of guitar does Dexter most often use?
* After getting kicked out what band's concert did Dexter and Greg decide to form a band of their own?
* Which of the following was the first single in the US from the CD?

That`s some things I found. Wish they helped you and good luck with the project!

thx!this is great. now all u have to do is give answers to these questions :D :D ;)

Come out and smash'em up!
11-19-2006, 01:06 PM
=about a guy, whoes girlfriend went to a party and had sex with some other guy, and one of the guys friend tells all the details about that session, which he doesn't want to hear.

=I Choose
=beheaded
=Bryan
=HE could buy Alcohol drinks

=Agent Orange?
=1984
=Pretty Fly
=Ixany on the hombre

Evka.pl
11-19-2006, 01:09 PM
woooow u guys r great. i'll mention your logins on the trivia section, ok? thx a lot! i knew i could count on the ppl on this board! :*

Tijs
11-19-2006, 01:54 PM

* What is Dexter Holland's REAL first name?Same question twice?

nameless
11-19-2006, 02:49 PM
interestingly, greg no longer collects hats! in an interview around 2000, he said it started because "i had loads of hates thrown onstage, now im sick of it, people would come to shows with a big bag of old hats"!

Evka.pl
11-19-2006, 03:03 PM
interestingly, greg no longer collects hats! in an interview around 2000, he said it started because "i had loads of hates thrown onstage, now im sick of it, people would come to shows with a big bag of old hats"!

that's hilarious..poor greg (wait, no he's not !)

Apathy
11-19-2006, 03:34 PM
** After getting kicked out what band's concert did Dexter and Greg decide to form a band of their own?
=Agent Orange?

Social Distortion I believe.

DeAtHsTaR
11-19-2006, 04:53 PM

Yes, but they weren't kicked out, the show was sold out.

hobojoe44
11-19-2006, 04:57 PM
What was Dexter doing when he came up with the “Gotta keep ’em Separated” line.

Ya it was in 83 and the promoter sold to many tickets so they got turned away at the door. and on they way back to a friend's house the took a wiz in the bushes and thats when they decided to start there own band. :D

True story

Jizzy Jeff Punk Man
11-19-2006, 07:25 PM
How about something like...

Q: "What was the name of track removed from The Offspring's first album when it was re-issued in 2000?"

A: Kill The President

Thomas
11-19-2006, 08:22 PM
haha. I had no idea that Ron is a vegetarian.

DeAtHsTaR
11-19-2006, 08:59 PM
haha. I had no idea that Ron is a vegetarian.

I'm pretty sure he's not. He has muscles.

Llamas
11-19-2006, 09:12 PM
He is a vegetarian. You can have muscles and never eat meat. That's a very ignorant statement to make.

DeAtHsTaR
11-19-2006, 09:34 PM
He is a vegetarian. You can have muscles and never eat meat. That's a very ignorant statement to make.

Then he must take protein supplements. And can I see proof of his vegtarianism?

Grabbal
11-20-2006, 02:47 PM
Yes, but they weren't kicked out, the show was sold out.

thx for the info:cool: