PDA

View Full Version : How much does chocolate cost in China? (or in SE Asia)

Duskygrin
11-19-2006, 11:09 AM
. .

offspring dude
11-19-2006, 11:12 AM
random need for knowing the price of chocolate on the other side of the world.....

offspring dude
11-19-2006, 11:49 AM
yeah but i have no idea so i thought i'd make a pointless, non serious comment which doesnt contribute to the thread at all. And i was also hoping you'd say the reason. but nevermind

T-6005
11-19-2006, 02:35 PM
You have to take the fact that almost everything is cheaper there to really get the perspective necessary.

Chocolate is far more expensive, relatively speaking, than other goods. I can't give you a number as the prices of chocolate wasn't really my number one fixation while living there, but chocolates like Ferrero Rocher are relatively more expensive compared to everything else that's on sale when compared to, say, Europe.

In Japan, everything is expensive, so that's kind of hard to defend - but I'm talking about Malaysia, Cambodia, Vietnam, and Taiwan.

I'm sorry I can't give you a fixed number, since I'm not sure of the price of Ferrero Rocher in any of these countries.

Your average chocolate bar in Japan would probably go for about 150-200 yen, I think? Any sort of candy bar, pretty much. If you buy block chocolate, that'll be more, probably from 250-300 yen. I must admit, though - my memory's a little blurry, since I never paid attention to this.

A pack of 3 Ferreros was definitely over 400 yen and possibly around 600. That's all I can remember.

Venom Symbiote
11-19-2006, 03:02 PM
2 dorra.

*smirks*

0r4ng3
11-19-2006, 05:52 PM
2 dorra.

*smirks*
What? Don't be an idiot.

It's "dorru".

Or is it? I don't know, that's the other kind of Asian that I'm not familiar with.