PDA

View Full Version : The Shaw needs your help!

Thomas
11-20-2006, 07:23 PM
Yes, we have new recordings. They came out pretty grainy, but you get the idea. We are just cursed in the studio. We are much better live. WHICH IS WHY WE NEED YOUR HELP! We signed up for our local Battle of the Bands and we are up against 26 other high school bands from around town. Some of these bands are just plain AMAZING so we need all of the help we can get. Go to the link below and give our stuff a listen. We need as much positive feedback as possible to get us into this show. Thank you so much in advance for helping us. We really need it (because we kinda suck).

http://www.aznightbuzz.com/battle2007_entries.php

Just scroll down to The Shaw's section.

(btw, listen to the other bands, too. Kool Shades, The Night Owls, and The Thesis are all very VERY amazing bands)

Llamas
11-20-2006, 10:18 PM
fyi, better word for "auditorial" is either "auditory" or "aural". ;)

JoY
11-21-2006, 04:35 AM
well, that's helpful.

Thomas
11-21-2006, 05:33 AM
fyi, better word for "auditorial" is either "auditory" or "aural". ;)

That's why it's funny.

randman21
11-21-2006, 05:51 AM
Funny. The main riff in "Emo-less" sounds just like something in "In Too Deep" by Sum 41.

The genre not really my cup-o-tea, but I can tell that you guys are good.

EDIT: I award the "best Battle of the Bands song" to "Share the Moon" by the Watchmen.

T-6005
11-21-2006, 08:54 AM
I'm not a fan of your singer's voice, unfortunately. The sound of his voice just strikes the "generic" nerve in my ear.

MaF
11-21-2006, 10:37 AM
listened 2 Emo-less
Not bad, unusual vocal, light melody, that all remains me something....but i can't rememver...

listened 2 Denial
oh, that's too slow....and oh! I found it! It's sounds like "Less than Jake"....and vocals 2

listened 2
wanna said again that vocals not bad and music is slow and light
it's not a punk rock...

Thomas
11-21-2006, 09:20 PM
Yeah, the guitar riff in Emo-less was kinda stolen from IN Too Deep, but everything else about that song kinda almost sort of makes up for it (especially the drum part).

MaF- You don't need to be a complete punk band to be good.

Llamas
11-21-2006, 10:49 PM
That's why it's funny.
But... auditorial is a word... it's just not commonly used in such context. I don't get what's funny about it. :-/

Anyway, the links didn't work for me. I listened on myspace, and the singing ruined it for me :-/

MaF
11-22-2006, 08:57 AM
MaF- You don't need to be a complete punk band to be good.

of course don't! I have nothing on different kinds of music! But there, on that url wrotten that it's a punk rock!

Thomas
11-22-2006, 04:33 PM
of course don't! I have nothing on different kinds of music! But there, on that url wrotten that it's a punk rock!

It's punk and rock. Two different genres. We play both.

Llamas. I guess you just had to be there (and his vocals have drastically improved since then, too).

Thomas
11-22-2006, 08:47 PM
Hey guys, even if you don't like us that much, please find SOMETHING positive to say about us (just say "The Shaw rocks" or something like that). This means more than you can possibly imagine to us and it wont take but a few minutes of your time. The whole reason I came here is to possibly get extra feedback for us from around the world (or the country at least) and you all can help us in so many ways. Seriously, we really need the help. We are much better than our recordings show (we are negotiating a sponsorship deal at the moment and it looks like we might actualy get it) and we need a way to show the world (or at least Tucson) how much we are capable of.