PDA

View Full Version : Wii

Homer
11-20-2006, 09:48 PM
I got one... on launch day. It waited six hours in line, and I got one. It's fun.

Anyone else have one, or am I just that one guy who stood outside for 6 hours?

Little_Miss_1565
11-20-2006, 09:50 PM
You're definitely that guy. ;)

A friend of a friend has one and I hear it's everything they say it is. I want one.

JohnnyNemesis
11-20-2006, 09:52 PM
If I could afford it time-wise, I'd have one by now. I'm just as excited as anyone else for it, but I simply do NOT have ANY time for video games anymore. Makes me a little sadz, but it's worth the sacrifice.

0r4ng3
11-20-2006, 09:53 PM
A friend of mine bought it. He threw a Wii party yesterday (not as lame as it sounds). I think it's awesome, but I don't see myself getting one unless my brother asks for one for Christmas or something.

I have the strangest feeling that I've said this all before. Oh well, I'm saying it again.

Homer
11-20-2006, 09:57 PM
I donno, the Wii just takes some getting used to. One day you're all awkward then you say to yourself "the fuck?" then the next morning you're already used to it.

The game I bought was Madden, no Zelda because my friends and I will have a system where we trade off and one of them already bought it. Madden takes a lot of getting used to, but it's a pretty fun game.

Endymion
11-20-2006, 10:03 PM
If I could afford it time-wise, I'd have one by now. I'm just as excited as anyone else for it, but I simply do NOT have ANY time for video games anymore. Makes me a little sadz, but it's worth the sacrifice.

ditto .

Venom Symbiote
11-20-2006, 10:04 PM
I've gotta wait until the 7th. Worldwide release date, my cock.

But, dare I ask, is Zelda...Ocarina-good? :eek: That's what I've been hearing. Shame about the poor graphics, but overall it's meant to be mad cool.

DeAtHsTaR
11-20-2006, 11:57 PM
I got one... on launch day. It waited six hours in line, and I got one. It's fun.

Anyone else have one, or am I just that one guy who stood outside for 6 hours?
Amateur. At our wal-mart, there was 5 people standing in line 26 hours before the launch. They camped out in the garden department. (24 hour walmart)

sKratch
11-21-2006, 12:07 AM
ditto .

ditto .

Llamas
11-21-2006, 12:09 AM
yeah but they're selloutz for buying it at walmart.

Idiot
11-21-2006, 06:54 AM
Amateur. At our wal-mart, there was 5 people standing in line 26 hours before the launch. They camped out in the garden department. (24 hour walmart)

Some people go over the top for a damn video games console.

Sinister
11-21-2006, 07:33 AM
ditto .ditto .ditto .

Stranger With Candy
11-21-2006, 07:38 AM
i gotta wait till 8 december before i can play it:(

Lars
11-21-2006, 08:10 AM
When I was visiting my brother recently we went into a game store and there was one on display, except some person was playing it and didn't want to get away from it. So no playing on it for me. I wonder if amazon's UK HQ has a display unit? They had/have one for the PS2 and Xbox 360.

Paint_It_Black
11-21-2006, 08:20 AM
yeah but they're selloutz for buying it at walmart.

Fuck you, Walmart's awesome.

Great value.

Grabbal
11-21-2006, 08:45 AM
Maybe i'll get 1 when it launches in Norway at 8 december:confused:

sKratch
11-21-2006, 09:08 AM
I don't think buying a Wii at Walmart is as sellout as buying other shit from there. They have nothing to do with Wii production. I'm going to ignore any unintentional Wii jokes that just happened.

0r4ng3
11-21-2006, 11:33 AM
I don't get how they can sell it at Wal-Mart. How would you go about censoring a Wii?

Homer
11-21-2006, 05:35 PM
Lawl, I bought mine at Wal-Mart. But thats only because we couldn't get to a Best Buy, because one of the two (which is the closest) is right near where the Grey Cup was being held, so some roads were closed, and I was told there were already people camping out there the night before.

I waited 6 hours, and I was number 11 out of 63.

Llamas
11-21-2006, 06:06 PM
I don't think buying a Wii at Walmart is as sellout as buying other shit from there. They have nothing to do with Wii production. I'm going to ignore any unintentional Wii jokes that just happened.

it's not about production.. it's about giving money to piece of shit corporation.
but anyway. back to the wii. :) I'd buy one, but way too much money, and not enough time.

offspring101m
11-21-2006, 06:18 PM
ill make it short

went to future shop

lots of people

2 hours in the cold....

only 60 at store

51st person in line

got lucky ....

pics on site/ link

http://www.wasku.com/nintendo.html

Little_Miss_1565
11-21-2006, 10:48 PM
http://geekologie.com/2006/11/wii_gamer_breaks_his_tv.php

Le sigh.

Stranger With Candy
11-21-2006, 10:53 PM
http://geekologie.com/2006/11/wii_gamer_breaks_his_tv.php

Le sigh.

haha, sucker!

Llamas
11-21-2006, 11:11 PM
Damn, that sucks. Sounds like something I would do.
However, he must've REALLY been into it, for a piece of plastic to break thick glass AND for the strap to break.

Venom Symbiote
11-22-2006, 12:13 AM
I've heard of the strap breaking, but only when a gaming journalist was trying purposely to do it, testing the durability of the thing (Nintendo consoles kind of have a reputation for being indestructable - drop your original Gameboy or NES out of a window to see what I mean).

I'm sure it's possible to break it, but only if you're swinging your arm around like a goddamn chimp retard.

JohnnyNemesis
11-22-2006, 12:20 AM
I'm sure it's possible to break it, but only if you're swinging your arm around like a goddamn chimp retard.

That's pretty much what I was going to say. Jesus, what the fuck was this guy playing, Joe Namath's Sideline Masturbation game?

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-22-2006, 12:47 AM
"I MUST GET HIGH SCORE!!!"

Love it Ricky, love it.

To answer the question, I don't have a Wii. I very rarely play console games anymore. I always played console games with friends (SSBM and the like) but now, most of my friends apart from (insert names of people you dont know) aren't console game people. They're PC game people, which I am primarily. Hence, if we do play together, we do it online like the sad, sad people we are.

Grabbal
12-02-2006, 06:21 AM
That's pretty much what I was going to say. Jesus, what the fuck was this guy playing, Joe Namath's Sideline Masturbation game?

This also happened to a little girl who played wii sports tennis....
Maybe he was playing wii sports

All About Eve
12-02-2006, 09:54 AM
ditto .
ditto.

Although my sister might be getting one, which I would use once in a while.

sKratch
12-02-2006, 11:11 AM
I picked one up a week ago without much of a problem. I did get the last one in the store though, which was neat. Zelda is fucking amazing and Wii Sports is awesome too.

igniton/pyro
12-02-2006, 11:43 AM
wii sucks! ps3 is gonna beat the crap out of ti.

WebDudette
12-02-2006, 11:46 AM
I'm selling my World of Warcraft account right now and going to spend the money I make from that on a Wii.

Venom Symbiote
12-02-2006, 10:11 PM
wii sucks! ps3 is gonna beat the crap out of ti.

Obviously you're not a videogamer.

Oh, and in pure financial terms, don't bet on it. Analysts are going as far as to predict there won't even be a Playstation 4, due to how badly the current one is performing. Word is they'll probably go the way of Sega in a few year's time.

They simply can't sustain their current strategy, especially with how difficult development for their platform is.

0r4ng3
12-02-2006, 10:19 PM
That seems possible, but I don't like predictions about this kind of thing. Whatever happens, happens. For all we know, PS3 will end up being the best seller. You really can't tell at this point.

Venom Symbiote
12-02-2006, 10:27 PM
With the whole thing about them not even being to produce the consoles at a decent rate because of their expensive-as-fuck (and unproven) Blu-Ray technology (which will lose out to the HD-DVD format in a year or two anyway), I'd say you probably can tell.

The Wii isn't taking from Sony or MS's marketshare, they're playing a completely different ballgame. Not competing with them, but going after new groups, casting a wider net if you will.

The Wii is already kicking ass. Expect the Wii/PS3 thing to work out the same as the DS/PSP situation. Once the hype dies down and the negative word-of-mouth spreads among consumers, the PS3 sales will drop dramatically.

Sony has really dug a hole for themselves this time, just like Nintendo did in 1996.

ninthlayer
12-02-2006, 10:28 PM
I'm selling my World of Warcraft account right now and going to spend the money I make from that on a Wii.
Ebay/ctprofile link? Yes, I want to see your gear and pass judgement.

mrconeman
12-02-2006, 10:30 PM
I'm pretty sure PS3 will in fact be the best seller. But exactly as you said these things really shouldn't be predicted.

I'm just using the simple logic that everyone had a PS1, and PS2, alot of people are going to remain loyal and go for the PS3.
The Wii does look pretty cool though, I imagine I'll do what I did last console generation and the one before that.

I got a PS1, then about a year later got a N64. I got a PS2, then about a year later got a Gamecube, I imagine you see the pattern and where I'm going...

WebDudette
12-02-2006, 10:30 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/60-Warrior-Warcraft-Stormscale-Good-Gear-Transfer-Open_W0QQitemZ280056021336QQihZ018QQcategoryZ4596Q QtcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm decently geared, I stopped playing as we were starting BWL.

I think Wii will sell the best. It's the cheapest and Nintendo has a ton of fanboys.

Lodat225
12-02-2006, 10:36 PM
With the whole thing about them not even being to produce the consoles at a decent rate because of their expensive-as-fuck (and unproven) Blu-Ray technology (which will lose out to the HD-DVD format in a year or two anyway), I'd say you probably can tell.

The Wii isn't taking from Sony or MS's marketshare, they're playing a completely different ballgame. Not competing with them, but going after new groups, casting a wider net if you will.

The Wii is already kicking ass. Expect the Wii/PS3 thing to work out the same as the DS/PSP situation. Once the hype dies down and the negative word-of-mouth spreads among consumers, the PS3 sales will drop dramatically.

Sony has really dug a hole for themselves this time, just like Nintendo did in 1996.

Yeah, and what about the future of the PS3?

By IGN:

"
Future Potential
I'll be the first to admit that my analysis of the PlayStation 3's launch hasn't been glowing in every area, but one section where the system absolutely shines is with its potential. The most PC like of any console I've ever seen, it can be upgraded via firmware and hardware (re: the hard drive) to grow along with the times. Problems I have with the system now may not even be there a year from now, and features can be added or amended as demand for them increases.

The PS3's strongest prospects, though, lay with its software. In 2007 alone we'll be seeing an armada of promising videogames. Allow me to name drop: Half-Life 2, F.E.A.R., Eye of Judgment, Indiana Jones, Lair, Haze, Stranglehold, Golden Axe, Virtua Fighter 5, Def Jam: Icon, Heavenly Sword, MotorStorm, Warhawk, Burnout 5, Formula One, Medal of Honor Airborne, Army of Two, Mercenaries 2, Oblivion, The Darkness, Unreal Tournament 2007, Calling All Cars, Alone in the Dark, Brothers in Arms, Gran Turismo HD, Spider-Man 3, the Naughty Dog Game, NBA Street, Dark Sector, Frontlines, Grand Theft Auto IV, Killzone, Ratchet and Clank, Assassin's Creed, The White Council, and Metal Gear Solid 4 are but a few of the 100+ PlayStation 3 games expected to ship before the end of the year... and that doesn't even include the dozens and dozens we don't even know about yet.

But titles for 2007 don't tell the whole story, a little further down the road and we'll have the next Final Fantasies, Star Wars, DC Universe MMO, Tekken 6, Eight Days, and plenty of other potential blockbusters from Sony's vast cadre of internal developers from Europe, Japan, and the United States. Don't forget about its huge lineup of third party developers either. Capcom, Konami, KOEI, Square Enix -- all of them have favored Sony platforms in the past, and it's possible they'll continue to do so in the future.

Future Potential Rating: 10 out of 10"

Llamas
12-02-2006, 10:40 PM
Gran Turismo HD, Tekken 6,

those titles alone make me want to by a ps3. Especially Tekken 6. <3 I didn't know they were going to make more Tekkens, cause of that huge deal they had with Tekken 5... I thought they were done for. But that's awesome. I want it.

Apathy
12-02-2006, 10:40 PM
PS3 will probably lose to the fact that it's just too damn expensive.

I mean, I grew up on Playstation. Sure, I had a NES but compared to Playstation it sucked. I played that thing non-stop from when it first came out until the Playstation Two Came out. Then I played that non-stop. I've been playing Playstation for years, so naturally if I have a choice between any of them I would pick the PS3. But I don't, because there's no way I'm spending more than $250-$300 on a game system.

Besides, I shelled out $250 for a PSP the day it came out. You know how many times I've actually used it? Maybe three or four. I have one game for it.

0r4ng3
12-02-2006, 10:41 PM
I'm just using the simple logic that everyone had a PS1, and PS2, alot of people are going to remain loyal and go for the PS3.
That's not entirely true. It's not always about loyalty. So many people had a PS1 and PS2 because those were consoles for the casual gamer. The kind of people that play once in a while, and don't get into it that often. Now that the PS3 costs so much, it's gonna alienate all of those gamers.

One of my friends is a Sony fanboy of sorts, and he has PS1 and PS2. He just got an Xbox360 last week. I mean, that's just one case, but it's kind of my point.

Lodat225
12-02-2006, 10:41 PM
those titles alone make me want to by a ps3. Especially Tekken 6. <3 I didn't know they were going to make more Tekkens, cause of that huge deal they had with Tekken 5... I thought they were done for. But that's awesome. I want it.

Yeah, Tekken owns all fighting games.

Lodat225
12-02-2006, 10:43 PM
PS3 will probably lose to the fact that it's just too damn expensive.

I mean, I grew up on Playstation. Sure, I had a NES but compared to Playstation it sucked. I played that thing non-stop from when it first came out until the Playstation Two Came out. Then I played that non-stop. I've been playing Playstation for years, so naturally if I have a choice between any of them I would pick the PS3. But I don't, because there's no way I'm spending more than $250-$300 on a game system.

Who cares? Those gamers out there will just save up money...

Llamas
12-02-2006, 10:43 PM
I agree with Apathy, but change the price to "$100". I bought my genesis, playstation, and PSII once they were all cheap... my Playstation was I think $120 because I got it in 97. The others I waited a LONG time for... my PSII slimline I got last year for $100. I refuse to spend ridiculous money on that stuff. I'd prefer to get a PS3, but I would wait until it was around $100. That, coupled with the amount of time I actually have, means I probably will never get one.

ninthlayer
12-02-2006, 10:44 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/60-Warrior-Warcraft-Stormscale-Good-Gear-Transfer-Open_W0QQitemZ280056021336QQihZ018QQcategoryZ4596Q QtcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm decently geared, I stopped playing as we were starting BWL.

I think Wii will sell the best. It's the cheapest and Nintendo has a ton of fanboys.
Exalted in all three PvP factions, damn son. I don't have the patience for that kind of grind. You could probably get more money than you're currently selling for.

Oh, and decent gear. Funny how the rank10/exalted PvP gear is better than tier1 and arguably parts of tier2. Never got away from the Unstoppable Force as a twohander? That's rough. I'm about to be in that situation on my paladin when I'm retnoobing out (just bought TuF/Don Julio's Band last night, need to hit 60 still). This is going to be my fourth 60, gg.

Oh, and Wii Tennis is fucking amazing.

WebDudette
12-02-2006, 10:46 PM
Nah, I never got that upgraded. I lost the Obsidian Edge Balde to a hunter... I was pissed.

I got exalted with all of them because I was determined to get the Rank 11 mounts.

Apathy
12-02-2006, 10:49 PM

Right. Ok, role-playing time.

You're a hardcore gamer. Every day for you is game game game nerd game. Got It? You've got about $200 and you desperately want a PS3. You look at the cost and decide to start saving money. As you're doing more actual work and less actual gaming you start to get impatient. You've made more money, but it will still be a good couple of months before you can afford a PS3. Right about then the $250 price tag on the Wii will be looking pretty good. You'll start hearing about other people who bought them. Pretty soon, you want one.

It's new, it's fun, and it's cheaper.

I love Playstation just as much as anyone else. But the expensiveness is going to kill much of the audience. The people, who as Jesse described, are more just into casual gaming and not necessarily a fanboy for one system.

Lodat225
12-02-2006, 10:53 PM
Right. Ok, role-playing time.

You're a hardcore gamer. Every day for you is game game game nerd game. Got It? You've got about $200 and you desperately want a PS3. You look at the cost and decide to start saving money. As you're doing more actual work and less actual gaming you start to get impatient. You've made more money, but it will still be a good couple of months before you can afford a PS3. Right about then the $250 price tag on the Wii will be looking pretty good. You'll start hearing about other people who bought them. Pretty soon, you want one.

It's new, it's fun, and it's cheaper.

I love Playstation just as much as anyone else. But the expensiveness is going to kill much of the audience. The people, who as Jesse described, are more just into casual gaming and not necessarily a fanboy for one system.

Yeah, but Sony had DOMINATED the gaming industry with PS1, and PS2. There's alot of fanboy, and i don't think anybody with a decent job gets payed less than 300 dollars a week.

Apathy
12-02-2006, 10:54 PM
Do hardcore gamers have decent jobs?

I rest my case.

Also, you're a homo.

Lodat225
12-02-2006, 10:56 PM
Am i talking about hardcore gamers? No... and Sony didn't do that bad on the launch... even though the games sucked. There's thousands of people out there who want the PS3 just because of games like MGS4... and stuff.

We'll see in the future.

WebDudette
12-02-2006, 10:58 PM
I think the selling will go like this. Wii>PS3>360.

Apathy
12-02-2006, 11:00 PM
I was, and you responded to what I was talking about.
So yes, yes you were talking about hardcore gamers. Either that, or you failed to specify what you were talking about. In which case, it would be irrelevent anyway because that's not what I was talking about.

But anyway, yes we will see. My prediction is that the PS3 does worse than the other two systems... but still decent. Not as bad as some other people have speculated (eg No PS4)

WebDudette
12-02-2006, 11:02 PM
I think 360 will do the worse. PS3 has already dropped it price in Japan and alot of people in Japan will be buying them and not the 360's.

0r4ng3
12-02-2006, 11:02 PM
Nah, I think the Xbox360 will sell the least. Sure, that's the one I like the best, but I'm gonna be honest here. It's not gonna sell well compared to the other two. It's because they have practically no fanbase in Japan.

Edit: Yeah, what PilZ-E said.

Lodat225
12-02-2006, 11:03 PM

Yeah, but Sony had DOMINATED the gaming industry with PS1, and PS2. There's alot of fanboys, and i don't think anybody with a decent job gets payed less than 300 dollars a week.

Fanboys. Gamers. Not hardcore gamers. Hardcore gamers have all consoles and are fucking nerds. Also, there will be a PS4, because Sony is more interested in makind money than selling a good video game console.

Lodat225
12-02-2006, 11:04 PM
I think 360 will do the worse. PS3 has already dropped it price in Japan and alot of people in Japan will be buying them and not the 360's.

Yeah. The 360 did even worse than the Xbox in Japan...

T-6005
12-02-2006, 11:13 PM
Exalted in all three PvP factions, damn son. I don't have the patience for that kind of grind. You could probably get more money than you're currently selling for.

Oh, and decent gear. Funny how the rank10/exalted PvP gear is better than tier1 and arguably parts of tier2. Never got away from the Unstoppable Force as a twohander? That's rough. I'm about to be in that situation on my paladin when I'm retnoobing out (just bought TuF/Don Julio's Band last night, need to hit 60 still). This is going to be my fourth 60, gg.

Oh, and Wii Tennis is fucking amazing.
Dude, I need this translated. I'm a casual gamer.

WebDudette
12-02-2006, 11:14 PM
Me, Ninth and TUNB may be the only people on this BBS to understand all of that.

WebDudette
12-02-2006, 11:42 PM

I wish I hadn't set it to end at midnight, I probably would probably make more.

ninthlayer
12-03-2006, 01:57 AM
Dude, I need this translated. I'm a casual gamer.
Uh, good game?

Homer
12-03-2006, 02:36 AM
Okay okay people, let's not turn this into a fanboy, console bashing thread...

How I see it is that the Wii will do great for about 1 or 2 years, then that whole "WOW" hype will die down and sales will drop (not by much, though), which is when the PS3 will take control. Xbox360 will be dead by then... and uh yeah. But don't get me wrong, both systems will still do great side by side, it'll just be the little differences between the systems that will be taken into account, nothing big. The only reason people say the PS3 won't do well is because of its conditions it's in right now. Sure, it's not good now, but give it until winter next year, then it'll finally take off with tons of more units available and many more games to choose from, not to mention some updated online features, and its Xbox Live-esque online capabilities (which will be better than the Wii's).

But yeah, my brother and I will probably pitch in and we'll get a PS3 in spring anyways, so I'm happy with either console's turnouts.

WebDudette
12-03-2006, 11:33 AM
We were having a fanboy console bashing argument?

Homer
12-03-2006, 01:49 PM
No, I was making a joke with my post.

WebDudette
12-03-2006, 09:37 PM
Before I buy a Wii can anyone tell me exactly what it comes with? Like as far as the controller goes, does it just come with the controller? or does it also come with the Nun Chuck? Also, does it come with any games?

0r4ng3
12-03-2006, 09:39 PM
From what I remember, it comes with the Wii (obviously), a remote, a nunchuck, and Wii Sports. Also the wires and stuff.

WebDudette
12-03-2006, 09:39 PM
Cool, I was mostly wondering if it came with the Nun Chuck part. Thanks!

Ninty Man
12-04-2006, 02:11 PM
I have it since it's launch date... I only have wii sports... it's a cool console

igniton/pyro
12-04-2006, 02:14 PM
the wii looks like a dildo.

Stranger With Candy
12-04-2006, 02:17 PM

your mom must have one wierd dildo.

0r4ng3
12-04-2006, 02:20 PM
http://www.opera.com/img/products/devices/wii.jpg

I can totally see the resemblance.

Lodat225
12-04-2006, 02:58 PM
Okay okay people, let's not turn this into a fanboy, console bashing thread...

How I see it is that the Wii will do great for about 1 or 2 years, then that whole "WOW" hype will die down and sales will drop (not by much, though), which is when the PS3 will take control. Xbox360 will be dead by then... and uh yeah. But don't get me wrong, both systems will still do great side by side, it'll just be the little differences between the systems that will be taken into account, nothing big. The only reason people say the PS3 won't do well is because of its conditions it's in right now. Sure, it's not good now, but give it until winter next year, then it'll finally take off with tons of more units available and many more games to choose from, not to mention some updated online features, and its Xbox Live-esque online capabilities (which will be better than the Wii's).

But yeah, my brother and I will probably pitch in and we'll get a PS3 in spring anyways, so I'm happy with either console's turnouts.

Yeah, but in 2 years, a new console will come out... and if the PS3 isn't popular that would be alot of money wasted for Sony.

Lupin
12-04-2006, 05:12 PM
mainly cuz (an i can only assume) i like to drink...and smoke pot on occasion, the wii will not be my console of choice. I could see myself killing oneself with the 'nun-chuck' and stuff. But its not even out here in 'inkland' anyway.
No, my real problem with nintendo consoles is that the games they make must be tested on 5 year olds. Yeah they may be inventive etc...but shit, whats with all the primary colours and lead characters that you....just...want....to....drag into a field and put outa there misery. Luigi BANG toad BANG anyone bar Link (and he's getting off lightly....fairy boy of the forrest).

Well, im out ammo now.
________
Iolite vaporizer (http://www.vaporshop.com/iolite-vaporizer.html)

JohnnyNemesis
12-04-2006, 05:13 PM
Man, even if that was in English it still wouldn't make any sense.

Homer
12-05-2006, 04:06 PM
Yeah, but in 2 years, a new console will come out... and if the PS3 isn't popular that would be alot of money wasted for Sony.

Uh... k? You make no sense. In fact, there's no possible way to make this make any sense, so don't try.

sKratch
12-05-2006, 04:15 PM
I see what he's trying to say, but console generations are longer than 2 years.

Homer
12-05-2006, 04:17 PM
Yeah but I said that in two years PS3 will have already taken off.

78 Water
12-05-2006, 04:25 PM
The PS2 was incredibly huge when it first came out, and it was for years after. The PS3, however, is not that hyped right now, I'm guessing because of the insane price. I think Nintendo will come out on top.

Venom Symbiote
12-05-2006, 04:31 PM
I've had enough of the "Nintendo only makes kiddy franchises" shit.

That opinion has only come about as the graphics have gotten better. I remember when adults were playing Mario games on the fucking NES and having difficulty completing the games. 5 year olds my ass.

And Link isn't "kiddy" either. A little gay (as in homosexual, not as in "bad"), but not kiddy.

Then you have Samus and Captain Falcon of course, who...yeah. "Kiddy" my butt.

0r4ng3
12-05-2006, 04:35 PM
I agree. The Star Fox series is borderline "kiddy" (or rather, the perception of kiddy, as VS put it), but Star Fox 64 was pure awesomeness, and no one can deny that regardless of age.

Venom Symbiote
12-05-2006, 04:43 PM
Exactly.

I'm a little disappointed they got rid of Rare, sold them to Microsoft, because kiddy or not (Goldeneye and Perfect Dark weren't kiddy, but their platformers were), the games they made for the N64 were some of the highest quality ever made. For anything.

By the way, PD: Zero on the Xbox 360 was fucked-up. And people automatically assume I say that just because the sequel isn't on a Nintendo machine. Not true. It's just...the original was quality. The sequel felt like it was made by fucking Midway or Acclaim or some third-rate shit.

And yeah, I own an original Xbox, and rented a 360. And I love Sega. So that "Nintendo fanboy" shit doesn't apply to me. I can just see that they're about the only major player left in this industry who isn't fucking things over.

WebDudette
12-05-2006, 05:20 PM
Yeah, it really wasn't that fun.

JohnnyNemesis
12-05-2006, 05:43 PM
90% of the time, people who are bothered by the kiddy image are way too fucking insecure and it's pathetic. Just play the fucking game based on its merits rather than image. I've played far superior and more difficult games with "kiddy" images than this boring bullshit on other systems.

I may be a bit of a Nintendo fanboy at times, but I'm objective enough to realize when they're wrong: the Nintendo64 had some outstanding games but was kind of a piece of shit, and while I personally preferred and exclusively owned the Gamecube over the PS2 and Xbox (though I played all three religiously with friends, etc.), I realize that I'm definitely in the minority with my preference and I understand/accept/respect why...

I just think people need to get the fuck over themselves when it comes to that "kiddy" shit.

EDIT:

I've had enough of the "Nintendo only makes kiddy franchises" shit.

That opinion has only come about as the graphics have gotten better. I remember when adults were playing Mario games on the fucking NES and having difficulty completing the games. 5 year olds my ass.

And Link isn't "kiddy" either. A little gay (as in homosexual, not as in "bad"), but not kiddy.

Then you have Samus and Captain Falcon of course, who...yeah. "Kiddy" my butt.

I didn't catch this post until after I made mine, but I am in complete agreement with it.

Venom Symbiote
12-05-2006, 05:53 PM
The N64 had issues, sure. The cartridge over disc tech stubbonness, mainly. It was still a more powerful and impressive piece of hardware than the PSX and Saturn, though. And had some fucking outstanding game titles.

The Gamecube I wasn't a huge fan of. I found I was wanting a second machine to experience in full what that generation had to offer. The GC had a few gems (SSB:M, Wind Waker, F-Zero, Viewtiful Joe, the Metal Gear Solid remake, etc), but overall it's in my opinion the Big N's largest downfall.

The Wii is going for a different market, so it will never reach the "console anyone and everyone plays stuff on" like the mighty SNES, which dominated fucking EVERYTHING, but the Wii should do a better job than their recent efforts, I think.

It'll beat out the 64 and GC in terms of finances and game innovation.

WebDudette
12-05-2006, 05:57 PM
All the games on PS3 and Xbox 360 I can get for my computer or get something similar, and a large majority of the PS3 and Xbox 360 games aren't base on multiplayer is seems. I wan't the Wii becuase I'm tired of FPS games and I wan't to hang out with friends and play some awesome multiplayer games.

Not sure that makes any sense, it sounded alot better in my head.

JohnnyNemesis
12-05-2006, 06:00 PM
Oh yeah, I think I should include the fact that I fucking despise (FUCKING HATE HAT EHATE HATE) FPS games, so that certainly plays a role in why I don't give a shit about certain systems.

78 Water
12-05-2006, 06:09 PM
Some games look like kiddie games but are actually some of the best. Animal Crossing, Paper Mario, are examples.

Oh, I also think the N64 was the best consle ever.

It basically had it all:

Zelda OOT
Zelda MM
Super Mario 64
Paper Mario
Kirby the crystal shards
Super Smash Bros
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Harvest Moon 64
Jet Force Jemini
Star Fox 64
Mario Tennis
Mario Golf
Mario Party
Pokemon Stadium

That's some high quality shit right there.

JohnnyNemesis
12-05-2006, 06:10 PM
Oh, don't get me wrong; I'm glad I got my N64 and I loooooooooove the games I have for it and think they're better than anything the other systems had to offer at the time. I just think that its shortcomings were glaring.

Venom Symbiote
12-05-2006, 06:13 PM
Agreeing with 78 Water? WHOA

I don't know about the best ever, but it was great nonetheless.

As for FPS titles, I'm not a huge fan, mainly because I suck at them. But there are some decent ones out there. Goldeneye/PD, Metroid Prime series, Halo, HalfLife (although I guess that's more of an "adventure" like the 3D Metroid games), etc.

WebDudette
12-05-2006, 06:18 PM
Goldeneye and Halo 1 are the only FPS I really like.

sKratch
12-05-2006, 06:36 PM
I fucking love FPS's, but that's why I have a leetsauce PC to play them; I don't look to consoles for that experience. If I didn't have a good PC, and put all my money into a console, then I would expect it to be able to play any damn game I wanted to play. But the Wii is $250... that's nothing compared to what's out there. As has been said, the multiplayer factor on the Wii and Nintendo consoles in general (minus Internet play) blows the other consoles away as far as I'm concerned.

78 Water
12-05-2006, 06:40 PM
The Wii would be absolutely awesome for FPS because you could control the gun with the remote thing. That would be sick!

0r4ng3
12-05-2006, 06:41 PM
Unfortunately, the only popular FPS for the Wii is Red Steel, which I heard sucked hard.

78 Water
12-05-2006, 06:43 PM
Yes, but I think Nintendo could develop a really good one in time. Especially with something like Metriod Prime. But they would have to change it a bit, because that game got kind of old on the 'cube.

Venom Symbiote
12-05-2006, 06:46 PM
Yeah, the Wii could make for a great shooter experience.

I just think it'll take a while for developers to make use of it appropriately, though. Far Cry, Medal Of Honor, and Red Steel all supposedly suck. Maybe once Metroid Prime 3 is out, they'll have an example to follow and we'll start receiving some quality remote-centric gun violence.

78 Water
12-05-2006, 06:49 PM
Anyone here remeber Sonic Adventure 2 or the first one? I think with that game's ripping speed, it could work awesome on the Wii.

WebDudette
12-05-2006, 07:03 PM
I played Sonic Adventure 2 forever. I had all the chia(?) gardens and a couple of my chia(?) were maxed out in stats.

Venom Symbiote
12-05-2006, 07:10 PM
Sega is making a Sonic title for the Wii, but more reminiscent of the speeding track-running on the 2D Genesis titles, rather than the (admittedly pretty crappy) Dreamcast/Xbox/PS2/GC games.

78 Water
12-05-2006, 07:10 PM
lol chia. It's "Chao". Anyway, I tried that, but it takes FOREVER to raise the Chao. Just too much damn work.

Venom, even though Sonic Adventure 2 was not the best, I can say it was certaintly very entertaining and much fun. Same for Sonic Adventure 1.

WebDudette
12-05-2006, 07:12 PM
I hated Sonic Adventure 1. But every Sonic before that was godly.

Venom Symbiote
12-05-2006, 08:04 PM
PilZ speaks the truth. 2D Sonic is amazing.

Manic Subsidal Boy
12-05-2006, 10:33 PM
True it is better, but it's just to fast and too easy. There's hardly any skill in it :(

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-06-2006, 12:25 AM
I agree with sKratch, I'm more of a PC playin' kinda guy. I enjoy consoles, but only in a social setting - getting a few friends down, having a few drinks and shouting and screaming to Burnout Revenge is a truly marvellous experience.

One day I was playing the Career Mode to Fifa Football 2004 on my own, and I realised I was excited that my team was 15 points clear at the top of the table halfway through the season. It was then that I switched off my console, and went outside.

I think PCs just have better games, too. World of Warcraft of course, but a few others that I've been playing recently - the new Warhammer game, Mark of Chaos (which is awesome, by the way), Civilisation III, Medieval: Total War, Rome: Total War, Battlefield 2 and Dawn of War. All of those are hella enjoyable on your own, but can't be translated to a group of friends playing. That's what consoles are all about.

WebDudette
12-06-2006, 12:28 AM
I enjoy consoles, but only in a social setting - getting a few friends down, having a few drinks and shouting and screaming to Burnout Revenge is a truly marvellous experience.

Yes!

I feel about that same way, I would take my computer over any console but I really like playing Smash Bros. with a couple friends.

Venom Symbiote
12-06-2006, 01:15 AM
Smash Bros = better than sex.

sKratch
12-06-2006, 10:41 AM
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/the-japanese-wii-safety-manual-is-crazy-219119.php
enjoy!

78 Water
12-06-2006, 01:19 PM
The problem with games like Smash Bros. or Mario Party is that they are awesome when played with friends. But with only you playing, it can be rather dull. No one wants to play Smash Bros. alone.

0r4ng3
12-06-2006, 01:19 PM
That's not true. I play SSBM a lot alone, and I'm fine with it.

JohnnyNemesis
12-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Unlocking all them trophies and secret characters makes playing SSBM a great solo game as well.

78 Water
12-06-2006, 01:29 PM
I agree with trying to unlock stuff, but it's nowhere near as much fun.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
12-06-2006, 01:33 PM
I love the original Sonics so much. That's why Sonic Mega Collection is one of my two favorite GameCube games, along with...

Super Smash Bros. Melee. I'd rather play by myself because all of my friends and relatives suck hard at this game. I'm probably 150-0 against real people. The events in that game are fun, I still have that last four to finish, after many years of playing the game. But most of the time, I just play against the computer, usually two level "9"s and a level "5".

WebDudette
12-06-2006, 03:17 PM
I play SSBM alone. I play the versus against a couple difficult computers and practice. I also liek trying to unlock everything and all that good stuff.

Homer
12-06-2006, 05:03 PM
About the sonic...

Yes, the 2D ones were amazing, though the new 2D ones suck balls. Of course I'm referring to the ones on the GBA (which I downloaded : D!). It seems that they got confused with what the hell they're doing. Whenever I hear a representative of Sonic talking, they always say "It's all about speed" then they make a shitty game where you only hold the right button down.

So yeah, I have no faith in new Sonic games whatsoever.

78 Water
12-06-2006, 05:49 PM
It seems that Twilight Princess isn't nearly as good I though it could have been. It could have bee so much more. But that's not the case. Pretty big dissapointment.

Also, they really need to do voice acting. Not for Link, but all the other characters. Reading text for the whole story is getting kindv'e old now.

offspringer24
12-08-2006, 05:06 PM
ok i dont know what the people that were creaming over tekken were doing when they didnt notice killer instinct gold but hey!

best games ever in diferent genre's

killer instinct gold
mario kart(take your pick which console)
super mario
goldeneye
resident evil
broken sword(if you like that kinda thing)
grand theft auto

etc etc, i think you know where im going! we thank xbox for NOTHING

ps had the last 2 generations covered but i think nintendo have made a great machine here

offspringer24
12-08-2006, 05:09 PM
could anyone tell me first hand if red steel is any good too please?

Venom Symbiote
12-08-2006, 06:52 PM
Ok, I finally got one (only launched here on Thursday), second last console left in any store in my local mall. Haha, major sigh of relief, the ones left after pre-orders went really fuckin' fast.

I didn't buy Zelda, a little tight on cash so I had a choice between picking up that or a second remote/nunchuck combination. Decided to go with the latter, just so Wii Sports would be a little more fun playing multi while tiding me over 'til I can pick up Twilight Princess.

78 Water, so you're one of the Zelda bashers too, huh? *sigh* From what I've heard, if you can get past the dated graphics it's simply one of the best games ever made. For anything. Better than Ocarina Of Time, although likely to get not even half of the recognition. Granted, I've only played it for 5 minutes in a store, but I'm sure if you stick with playing it you'll come to appreciate it a lot more. I for one am really looking forward to the artistic take on it this time around, it's meant to be pretty fucking trippy.

And the gameplay videos on YouTube from later on in the game (steed battles, etc) look simply badass.

Offspringer, I haven't played Red Steel first-hand, but it got pretty bad reviews. I'd say it'd be a rental, if anything.

And Killer Instinct Gold was the N64 one, right? That game blew. Tekken, while I'm not a fan of the series, was the better title. Original Arcade/SNES Killer Instinct, though? Awesome.

As for me asking for a game recommendation: anyone played Marvel: Ultimate Alliance? Gamespot only gave it a 7 out of 10, apparently it's very gimmicky and overall pretty average. I'm both a fighting game fan and a Marvel fan, and aren't too sure whether or not I can justify buying it if it's only kind of "meh". Any opinions on this?

And so far Wii Sports is hella fun. :D Haha. Feel like such a gimp playing Boxing, though. :( Dodge, jab jab, roundhouse, jab, dodge. Heh.

78 Water
12-08-2006, 06:54 PM
No, I do not bash those games for no reason.

Don't get me wrong, Twilight Princess wasn't a bad game, you just get the feeling it could be so much...more.

Venom Symbiote
12-08-2006, 07:16 PM
Graphically? Gameplay-wise? Mind elaborating?

78 Water
12-08-2006, 07:18 PM
I know it sounds naieve, but pretty much in every category.

Venom Symbiote
12-08-2006, 07:21 PM
Nope. You lose.

78 Water
12-08-2006, 07:22 PM
Graphics: Obvious

Sound: No voiceovers

Gameplay: some puzzles way too easy, some WAY too hard

WebDudette
12-08-2006, 07:24 PM
To lazy to read? If Link ever talked I would die inside a little. I for one appreciate the fact they don't do voice overs. Graphically it looks very cartoony but I still like it. I haven't played it yet so I can't say anything about game play but I really like difficult puzzles. I wouldn't mind if it took me a week to solve one part of Twilight Princess. I know when I was young and first played Ocarina of Time it was very difficult and I loved it except for the water temple, I just hate that place.

78 Water
12-08-2006, 07:26 PM
I'm not talking about Link. I'm talking about all the characters except Link.

I'm not too lazy to read, it's just I don't think they should tell the whole damn story in text. That's pretty much ancient now.

WebDudette
12-08-2006, 07:29 PM
I know you ment everyone. I was just adding that I would hate to hear link talk. I'm fine with them not doing vo, I don't think it would fit so I prefer it. But if you don't like the game that's your opinion, I hope I enjoy it.

78 Water
12-08-2006, 07:30 PM
It's hard to explain. It's a good game, it's just dissapontting.

Llamas
12-08-2006, 07:35 PM
my two cents.... I've never played any link/zelda game that wasn't for NES... and even I would cry if they ever made link talk. Perhaps it's dated to tell stories through text, but hello! The game is meant to have a dated feel to it. The game isn't meant to feel like it takes place in the present... and the text adds to that feel.

78 Water
12-08-2006, 07:35 PM
I think Nintendo will have to do voice-overs somewhere down the line. I don't think they should give a voice to Link, though. It would be cool for the other characters.

You just get a better feel for the story if you can actually hear what the characters are saying, rather than just reading it.

EDIT: I don't think they should make Link talk, just the other characters!!!!!!

Llamas
12-08-2006, 07:37 PM
wait... so all the characters would talk, but linc would still have text?? that would be soooo lame.

and why do you feel you have to have everything laid out before you instead of having the opportunity to use your imagination? [/reference to gd thread]

WebDudette
12-08-2006, 07:39 PM
Link has never even talked through text as far as I remember. But I wouldn't want to hear anyone in Hyrule talk.

Venom Symbiote
12-08-2006, 07:41 PM
I'm actually with 78 Water on the NPC voices thing. Just not link. Link needs to be mute, and that's what freaks me out to the core about all this talk in recent years of them being in the negotiation stage of someday making a Zelda movie. They're making a Metroid one too, but I can kind of actually see that happening, Samus doesn't need to be silent, and the flick could play out as sort of a cross between Ripley in Aliens and Robocop or some shit.

I'd like to see the non-Link characters have voices, and the game music be fully orchestrated (like it will be in SSB: Brawl - they've had the technology and memory space to do this for years, so why not?) instead of half-orchestra half MIDI like it is in Twilight Princess.

As for his points on graphics, it was originally designed to be a GC title. What do you expect?

As for gameplay, it's variety man. It all balances out, there's a learning curve. Almost every gaming journalist out there is saying the gameplay of this title is fucking genius, with an epic story to boot.

And hey, if this is Ocarina Of Time-esque without Navi the goddamn fairy, that's about reason alone to buy it and play it until your eyes bleed.

Llamas, while the NES ones are great, I would strongly suggest you download a free SNES and N64 emulator and play A Link To The Past (SNES) and Ocarina Of Time (N64). Perhaps the best Zeldas ever, and defining games in the adventure genre. Hell, even give Majora's Mask a play (N64), not quite as good but still amazing and creepy nonetheless.

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-08-2006, 07:43 PM
I agree on Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time being the best, though I will say if you have a Gameboy, and if you can find a copy of it, Link's Awakening is always worth a go.

mrconeman
12-08-2006, 07:45 PM
and play A Link To The Past (SNES)
Easily one of the greatest things ever achieved.

78 Water
12-08-2006, 07:47 PM
I like Majora's Mask. The enviroments are people are awesome, and still today I discover things that I haven;t yet.

Also, this is weird as hell. In the bomb shop in West Clock Town, go in the corner where the goron is selling powder kegs.. There are papers on the wall. Looks at the papers. They say stuff about plans for a rocket ship!?!? What the hell!?!?!

Sinister
12-08-2006, 08:10 PM
I'll just agree and re-iterate, Link's Awakening/A Link to the Past/Ocarina of Time are all very fucking brilliant; my personal favorite is LA, but I'm partial because the original big monochrome GameBoy is pretty much my whole childhood. Fuck you all, I'm getting nostalgic now.

Venom Symbiote
12-08-2006, 08:27 PM
A Link To The Past = gift from the gods. Indeed, Coneman. Indeed.

Ocarina was more of an "experience" for lack of a better word, first time playing that was just goddamn breathtaking. Sure, Super Mario 64 created the first 3D game world, but Zelda perfected it. And that story, woah. It felt like a true achievement finishing it, y'know? When you get to Ganon you're actually feeling emotional, a "you're going down now bitch!" thing, actual adrenaline.

To me that's the sign of a good modern "cinematic" game. If you're going to focus on graphics and huge expansive worlds, I'd better fucking feel a connection to it all while playing it. I got that a few times playing Final Fantasy 7 too, and Eternal Darkness on the Gamecube. Not many games will do that to you.

A Link To The Past was a great deal more primitive, sure, but it was one hell of a game in its own right. A kind of alternate story from all the original Ganon-focused NES/GB titles, but one just as much appreciated. Not to mention I could slash those motherfucking chickens all day as a kid.

Seriously, Zelda hype is growing so much. Faggy elf in tights or not, Link is a badass. I'm getting an itch for some Wii sword-and-shield adventures right about now, I just want to hear that fucking music theme blasting while I cut up some mofos while riding around on my horse.

Lars
12-09-2006, 01:39 PM
Probably too soon to ask. Any kind of hacks or multi region boots or such for the wii yet?

Venom Symbiote
12-09-2006, 06:48 PM
Fuck you, pirate.

Llamas
12-09-2006, 07:01 PM
Question: for the Wii, does the control HAVE to be motion activated? Is there a setting option where you can use it like a regular control? I probably wouldn't consider getting it ever if that's not an option.

XYlophonetreeZ
12-09-2006, 07:17 PM
Question: for the Wii, does the control HAVE to be motion activated? Is there a setting option where you can use it like a regular control? I probably wouldn't consider getting it ever if that's not an option.

Ditto. I'd like to know the same.

Also, the idea of Samus talking is an even worse idea than Link talking. At least Link's in an RPG and communication is a part of the game. Whereas Samus spends most of her time on alien planets by herself with no one else from her species in sight. Why would she need to talk? To trash-talk space pirates?

Jack the Tripper
12-09-2006, 07:42 PM
I'm a fan of Nintendo, but I don't think it would sound too smart to say stuff about a Wii, like: "Wanna come play with my Wii?" and "My Wii broke because it was really small and my dog was sucking on it too much"

Llamas
12-09-2006, 07:45 PM
Dude, you wouldn't say things like that with a playstation or an xbox, either. Bad examples. And not funny, either.

0r4ng3
12-09-2006, 08:16 PM
I'm a fan of Nintendo, but I don't think it would sound too smart to say stuff about a Wii, like: "Wanna come play with my Wii?" and "My Wii broke because it was really small and my dog was sucking on it too much"
Wow, you're like the first person to mention that. Ever. Good job mentioning the connection.

As for controls: There's no setting to turn off motion detection. Though, there are games that don't need it. Like Super Smash Bros. Brawl out next year. I don't think that game uses motion sensors. At least, I hope not.

Venom Symbiote
12-09-2006, 09:50 PM
Yeah, it depends on the game.

Turn the remote on its side, and you have a perfect NES controller. If you're playing games from the '80s downloaded onto the Virtual Console, there's obviuosly no motion control.

If you're playing Gamecube games, the Gamecube controller is compatible and plugs directly into the Wii machine.

You can also buy a Wii-designed "classic controller" suitable for pretty much anything that isn't motion-sensitive.

But the majority of Wii-specific titled will be motion-oriented with no option to turn it off, yes.

Oxygene
12-10-2006, 08:08 AM
Yeah, it depends on the game.

Turn the remote on its side, and you have a perfect NES controller. If you're playing games from the '80s downloaded onto the Virtual Console, there's obviuosly no motion control.

If you're playing Gamecube games, the Gamecube controller is compatible and plugs directly into the Wii machine.

You can also buy a Wii-designed "classic controller" suitable for pretty much anything that isn't motion-sensitive.

But the majority of Wii-specific titled will be motion-oriented with no option to turn it off, yes.

wow that sucks, and should be changed.. I bought a wii for my sisters husband when it premiered here on friday, and we had to try it out incase it's defective. And it would be nice, if you could play with out the motion thing sometimes, if that were an option, (although some of the games wouldn't make much sense that way I guess, but non the less).. also what about those that are physically challanged? It should definatly be an option.. IMHO but I'm buying one soon anyway... also another question, is there a way you can completly reset the wii and erase EVERYTHING? so it'll act brand new? also is there a way to change the aspect ratio.. because my tv is 4:3 but my sisters is 16:9... cheers!

Lars
12-10-2006, 08:17 AM
Fuck you, pirate.
Where did I mention anything about pirates?

I seem to recall reading something about you needing the 'classic' controller for some of the vc games that are downloaded. The games may have the option for use of a different controller, I don't think it'd be set in the console that you need to use the wiimote.

Didn't it ask you to set the aspect ration when you started it up? There's probably options somewhere in the menu to change it.

sKratch
12-10-2006, 10:38 AM
And it would be nice, if you could play with out the motion thing sometimes, if that were an option, (although some of the games wouldn't make much sense that way I guess, but non the less).. also what about those that are physically challanged? It should definatly be an option.. IMHO but I'm buying one soon anyway...
Basically, if you're physically able to use a normal controller, there are very few circumstances that could prevent your ability to use the Wii control system effectively with most games. Outside of Wii sports, the necessary movement is quite subtle and not very intense.

also another question, is there a way you can completly reset the wii and erase EVERYTHING? so it'll act brand new? also is there a way to change the aspect ratio.. because my tv is 4:3 but my sisters is 16:9... cheers!

I think there is a way to reset it, and there is a 16:9 option. Look through the system options out of the Wii Menu.

Idiot
12-10-2006, 03:13 PM
There was a Wii in a local store to try which you could try out, was going to have a go but didn't fancy waiting around for ages. Still want to get one though, just watching people playing it was awesome.

Llamas
12-10-2006, 03:20 PM
Skratch, I know you weren't talking to me, but there are definitely situations where people have control over their fingers/hands but not their entire arms. That wasn't my point before, though. I just meant that I wouldn't play it very often if you couldn't turn that off. I'd play it when other people came over and such, but I probably wouldn't chill in the living room and stand there waving my arm around, haha.

Homer
12-10-2006, 03:31 PM
Soo... now the real question is: What are all of your Wii console numbers/nicknames?

My Wii code: 5145 6445 3766 3020 Wii nickname: Wiinis (yeah, I'm that good)

Make sure you guys tell eachother who you add, whether it be PM or this thread, because you have to add oneanother for it to work.

To add eachother, go to the Wii message board (the envelope on the bottom right corner), click the new message (?) icon on the bottom left, click on the address book (third from left), then click add, then click by console, then type in the number and nickname (actually, I don't know about the nickname), then there you go!

EDIT: Yeah... I don't know exactly what everythings called becase I didn't use it yet, but I'm about to right now... and I don't have the Wii right beside me, but uh, hurry up and add!

Skratch, I know you weren't talking to me, but there are definitely situations where people have control over their fingers/hands but not their entire arms. That wasn't my point before, though. I just meant that I wouldn't play it very often if you couldn't turn that off. I'd play it when other people came over and such, but I probably wouldn't chill in the living room and stand there waving my arm around, haha.

You don't have to stand up and make huge movements with your arms. It's very sensitive, so you can just sit down on the couch and just do flicks with your wrists. For example, for Zelda, you just really move your wrist back and forth to swing your sword.

Mota Boy
12-10-2006, 03:39 PM
Personally, I love love love that the PS3 is getting annihilated in terms of sales figures. I'm asking for a Wii or XBOX 360 for Christmas just out of sheer inability to think up anything else I really want.

Damn contentment.

Venom Symbiote
12-10-2006, 11:34 PM
Yeah, the 360 is selling like motherfucking hotcakes over the holiday season, it's actually pretty impressive.

The Wii has almost twice the PS3 sales racked up, and the 360 is surprisingly taking the lead.

Maybe due to stock shortages of the others or something, who knows?

Mota Boy
12-11-2006, 12:23 PM
The 360 is an established system, and thus has the best next-gen games available this season, particularly Gears of War. Also, there are no shortages, so a lot of people going in for a PS3 or a Wii are buying the XBOX by default - particularly parents. Plus, Microsoft has some really good-looking games down the pipeline with Halo 3 and Blue Dragon - they're even making inroads in Japan.

I think the PS3 is just too damn expensive. It's several hundred dollars more than the competition and, at the moment at least, doesn't have the games to back it up. It's marquee game, Resistance: The Fall of Man, is the same genre as Gears of War and isn't getting nearly the buzz.

And the Wii's just an animal in and off itself. With the brilliant, revolutionary controller design and more family-friendly games, Nintendo is appealing to a different market than the other two.

Lodat225
12-11-2006, 04:14 PM
Yeah, the 360 is selling like motherfucking hotcakes over the holiday season, it's actually pretty impressive.

The Wii has almost twice the PS3 sales racked up, and the 360 is surprisingly taking the lead.

Maybe due to stock shortages of the others or something, who knows?

Really? I thought the Wii was dominating even the 360... I guess i was lied to.

Lodat225
12-11-2006, 04:16 PM
The 360 is an established system, and thus has the best next-gen games available this season, particularly Gears of War. Also, there are no shortages, so a lot of people going in for a PS3 or a Wii are buying the XBOX by default - particularly parents. Plus, Microsoft has some really good-looking games down the pipeline with Halo 3 and Blue Dragon - they're even making inroads in Japan.

I think the PS3 is just too damn expensive. It's several hundred dollars more than the competition and, at the moment at least, doesn't have the games to back it up. It's marquee game, Resistance: The Fall of Man, is the same genre as Gears of War and isn't getting nearly the buzz.

And the Wii's just an animal in and off itself. With the brilliant, revolutionary controller design and more family-friendly games, Nintendo is appealing to a different market than the other two.

Shit, Blue Dragon better be good, im waiting so fucking much for that game. I hope it's not another Gears of War. Overhyped.

Im getting the PS3 when Kingdom Hearts 3 (If) comes out for it. I love those type of games.

Venom Symbiote
12-11-2006, 09:07 PM
and more family-friendly games...

And a big "fuck you" to you too.

Llamas
12-11-2006, 09:59 PM
family friendly games isn't an insult. It's true. That's how nintendo has been from day one.

sKratch
12-11-2006, 10:48 PM

Well that's the thing. As Homer said, you DON'T have to stand there waving your arm around. What I was getting at is that the necessary motion doesn't go very far beyond what you would do with a regular controller, outside of Wii Sports.