PDA

View Full Version : offspring on the news? can someone translate it?

bouncingcoles
11-21-2006, 05:49 PM
It looks like offspring were on the news in some country. unfortunatly i dont know what its talking about because its in a different language. can someone tell me what they are talking about? it shows some cool concert footage too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eBkiKuh7Xc

Tisiacs
11-22-2006, 03:23 AM
that's in spanish...well, i really don't understand spanish very well, but from what i've understand, they really don't say anything important, just stuff like, they are a punk rock band from california...just those kind of things

darea
11-22-2006, 06:02 AM
it's really confusing to try and listen to what the woman is saying in spanish, when there is the concert going on in the back, I kinda understand bits of what she is saying, like it was a unique concert (so a great one) and that the offspring are really popular among young people.... and then well it goes on, not really giving any new info on the band or anything anyway

AtomMasnyk
11-22-2006, 07:48 AM
Gotta love not knowing what people are talking about. Specially when its your favorite band

Jizzy Jeff Punk Man
11-22-2006, 08:34 AM
Whoever edited the sound on that video should be shot. That's worse than the sound on that oldschool video of blackball.

Emily_offspring_fan
11-22-2006, 11:04 AM
I know Spanish, so let me listen it and I'll translate it. Spanish people, I mean from Spain, have a really different pronunciation from that we have here in Argentina.

Emily_offspring_fan
11-22-2006, 11:17 AM
Oh, it doesn't say nothing important. The journalists are very stupid. The woman talks about the concert, a little bit about the history, and says Offspring are called "aristocrats of punk" [?]

Kitten
11-22-2006, 01:47 PM
Oh, it doesn't say nothing important. The journalists are very stupid. The woman talks about the concert, a little bit about the history, and says Offspring are called "aristocrats of punk" [?]

The aristocrats of punk could be referring to the title "Princes of Punk" that both The Offspring and Green Day were assigned at one stage. That or Kings, but they were described as punk royalty due to mainstream success.

Venom Symbiote
11-22-2006, 02:20 PM
Queen Elizabeth the Rotten.

- -Lauren- -
11-22-2006, 02:43 PM
Can anyone tell what song they're playing? It sounds like Americana, however I can only hear the lady's voice and the static.

EDIT: yes, it's Americana. More in the middle you can actually hear the song.

SaiKYoU
11-22-2006, 03:25 PM
[@translation] they talk about the band history, surely not a bad video, they don't make mistakes, as others do...

dragoncobrizo
11-23-2006, 01:25 AM
That was the concert I went in September 05 at Oviedo in the north of Spain. The video are some tv news that appeared after the concert.

Emily_offspring_fan
11-23-2006, 06:19 AM
[@translation] they talk about the band history, surely not a bad video, they don't make mistakes, as others do...
They don't make mistakes? The first journalist is really stupid!
" (...) y los californianos Offspring y los ritmos tipo rock..."pank"...no, perdón, punk(...)"